• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
And Dark Pit as well. I understand people not liking him, but it still bugs me.
If you ask me, while I am one of the few people who has no problem with clones (Come on, there are way more characters with original movesets than clones), I feel a bit dissapointed that he couldn't get his own moveset and besides the Silver Bow and Electroshock Arm (which function exactly the way Pit uses the Palutena Bow and Upperdash Arm anyway), use more Uprising weapons that Pit doesn't have in his moveset.

There's also the people that are upset that he was chosen over other Dark Nintendo counterparts or for being one. Though to be fair, I would've chosen him over the other ones, as he actually has a personality and isn't evil just because being the dark duplicate of the hero (Dark Link) or only because he got power (Dark Samus), heck, he isn't evil at all, he's neutral and has showed to be a nice guy sometimes even if he wants people to look him as though.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
The begging for codes is absolutely ridiculous right now. I'm seeing people posting nudes of them everywhere so they can play a demo they'll be able to play next week anyway. Wouldn't even be surprised if people pay ridiculous amounts of money for the codes.
Good thing I would never do that.
Heck, I won't spend any money because I can play it anyway on Friday.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
If you ask me, while I am one of the few people who has no problem with clones (Come on, there are way more characters with original movesets than clones), I feel a bit dissapointed that he couldn't get his own moveset and besides the Silver Bow and Electroshock Arm (which function exactly the way Pit uses the Palutena Bow and Upperdash Arm anyway), use more Uprising weapons that Pit doesn't have in his moveset.

There's also the people that are upset that he was chosen over other Dark Nintendo counterparts or for being one. Though to be fair, I would've chosen him over the other ones, as he actually has a personality and isn't evil just because being the dark duplicate of the hero (Dark Link) or only because he got power (Dark Samus), heck, he isn't evil at all.
I'm the same. As long as they offer something different enough, (Which all the current clones do) I'm fine with clones, but I too am a little disappointed in Dark Pit.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All this 3DS gameplay is making me so much more hyped for the Wii U version. HD graphics and Gamecube controller mmm gimme dat.
I'm really interested in what the different modes for the Wii U version will be. I kind of hope the boss rush rumor is true and that most of the Nintendo franchises with playable reps will get at least one.

D

Deleted member

Never forget Lucas.

Good thing I would never do that.
Heck, I won't spend any money because I can play it anyway on Friday.
Eh, I'll probably wait until September 19 for the public demo release. I tried getting a code for the special demo, and almost went to download it, but it got taken. I agree with you though.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
He's not trash. He's the trashman.

Where do you think all those robot masters disappear to?
Haha i get your joke and Trashman is a Robot master too

I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's extremely unorthodox. So much so that obviously people will call him bad unless they familiarize themselves with his setup.
i already have he's not that hard and his winning tips is his back air and down air especially on recover people & ledge grabbers

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Speaking of Megaman, I'm curious as to how Skull Man's weapon will look in smash 4. I haven't seen anyone use it yet, so I'm still curious.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of Megaman, I'm curious as to how Skull Man's weapon will look in smash 4. I haven't seen anyone use it yet, so I'm still curious.
Think of it sorta as his UAir, but SIDEWAYS.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's extremely unorthodox. So much so that obviously people will call him bad unless they familiarize themselves with his setup.
The Megaman vs Megaman fight during the Treehouse stream I'd say is a good example of How Megaman can be used. I loved watching that match. It was actually pretty exciting.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not disappointed with any character so far. I'm only disappointed with the cuts, something I'm already getting over.

I'm really interested in what the different modes for the Wii U version will be. I kind of hope the boss rush rumor is true and that most of the Nintendo franchises with playable reps will get at least one.
With the 3DS version released in Japan, I'm curious what will be the pictures of the day from now on.

I'd expect coverage on the secret characters, which I'll be looking forward to. I'd like details on Ganondorf and Dark Pit coming from Sakurai himself.
That only leaves :snake:, :younglinkmelee: and :roymelee:
And I've already heard a few people claiming to have seen a Young Link trophy depicting him riding Epona... Probably from Ocarina of Time (3D).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well then again. People tend to call anything awful for one reason or another. Some objective, and others through biases.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
BTW, I'm the only who has noticed the OoT trophies models are the same as OoT 3D?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I thought it was supposed to reflect projectiles?
EDIT: Although, what you say sounds interesting...
It supposedly pushes the opponent ala Gust Bellows (I swear I got that name wrong, sorry if I did)

BTW, I'm the only who has noticed the OoT trophies models are the same as OoT 3D?
Most other trophies take models from other games aswell, not just OoT.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I think of Smash 4 as its own thing. The only things that remind me of Brawl are the menus, and the fact it has a single theme that appears a lot in the game in different forms.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
the saria trophy was shown in a potd a long time ago so nope you're not the only one.
Funny enough, I think that Saria trophy was the first trophy we got to saw for Smash 4. Back in January.

Oh, time. Stop flying by so quickly...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also, yay! I just found a video with Luigi's custom moves! They all look soooo good!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The begging for codes is absolutely ridiculous right now. I'm seeing people posting nudes of them everywhere so they can play a demo they'll be able to play next week anyway. Wouldn't even be surprised if people pay ridiculous amounts of money for the codes.
Selling nudes? Do they want these guys to get arrested for pedophilia or something?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
... Holy damn those custom specials.

Luigi can fly all the way under Final Destination with Green Missile, then get back on stage with the Tornado.

Without even using the Jump Punch.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
... Holy damn those custom specials.

Luigi can fly all the way under Final Destination with Green Missile, then get back on stage with the Tornado.

Without even using the Jump Punch.
I know right? Also, using that slow fire ball, he can run ahead of it and hit someone with it. I want to try that so much! Luigi is one of my favorite characters.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So Luigi's "OP" Custom Set is;
Neutral B 2 (Edgeguading +)
Side B 3 (SWEET MERCIFUL RECOVERY, BATMAN)
Up B 1 (Highest Jump Distance)
Down B 2 (Helps with Recovery by pushing them away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom