• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Never in my life have I heard anyone refer to Sonic as a Nintendo guy. That would have been like a sin back in the 90's.

Sonic has had more games not on Nintendo consoles as well, just like Snake...

People do know what a three game deal is, right? It's three games. Sonic is going back to other consoles again.

At the end of the day, Snake is a Konami guy, Sonic is a Sega guy. It's not that complicated.
In the 90's, but we're now in the 21st century.

Sonic has been present in lots of Nintendo fan art, group banners and other fan stuff; most Nintendo fans seem to treat him like he was Nintendo's.

Allmost all Sonic games have found it's ways to Nintendo consoles, that includes Genesis-Dreamcast era ones through remakes or compilations, and Nintendo has more Sonic exclusives than Sony or Microsoft. Can't deny older games are in the latter ones too, but they've been more successful in Nintendo, Sega themselves said it.

Not to mention Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Is he owned by Nintendo? No. Do people relate him more to Nintendo consoles? Yes.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
In the 90's, but we're now in the 21st century.

Sonic has been present in lots of Nintendo fan art, group banners and other fan stuff; most Nintendo fans seem to treat him like he was Nintendo's.

Allmost all Sonic games have found it's ways to Nintendo consoles, that includes Genesis-Dreamcast era ones through remakes or compilations, and Nintendo has more Sonic exclusives than Sony or Microsoft. Can't deny older games are in the latter ones too, but they've been more successful in Nintendo, Sega themselves said it.

Not to mention Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Is he owned by Nintendo? No. Do people relate him more to Nintendo consoles? Yes.
He still has a point, we're not really finished seeing Sonic on Xbox or PlayStation just because the blur's had a ton of Nintendo exclusives.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
This is true, but that makes Shulk a Monolith Soft guy, doesn't it? I mean, Monolith Soft was originally property of Namco before they sold their stock to Nintendo.
To be a bit fair with @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , Monolith Soft is 1st party studio now and Xenoblade, made after they went 1st party, besides the title shares no relationship with Xeno games, heck the original title was Monado: Beggining of the World

kylexv

Smash Master
Lol trying to get a demo code from reddit (I'm that desperate)

PM me if any of you have a spare one. (Continues to spam Shift+F5)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now, I wonder who will be the new third party character for next generation's Smash Bros.. Could it be Rayman or someone else? :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, All-Star is back to its Melee roots in the sense it awards you with an alternate character trophy in a different color or costume, instead of awarding a Final Smash trophy.

In many ways, this game feels a lot like a mix of Melee and Brawl while adding its own flavor.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This is true, but that makes Shulk a Monolith Soft guy, doesn't it? I mean, Monolith Soft was originally property of Namco before they sold their stock to Nintendo.
Nintendo owns Shulk, therefore Shulk is a Nintendo character. Sega owns Sonic, therefore Sonic is a Sega character. Konami owns Snake, therefore he is a Konami character. No more, no less, it is literally that simple. With the backwards logic people like to use around here, someone could call Mario a CDi character because they only ever played Hotel Mario in their poor childhood.
Yes, because suddenly the fans are the people in charge. That's why Ridley is playable.

Oh wait, cue end of sarcasm.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Apparently, All-Star is back to its Melee roots in the sense it awards you with an alternate character trophy in a different color or costume, instead of awarding a Final Smash trophy.

In many ways, this game feels a lot like a mix of Melee and Brawl while adding its own flavor.
Huh. In the treehouse stream, they said that if you complete classic with the same character twice, then you'll get a second trophy of Him/Her. Maybe that's where the final smash trophies are?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

And yet the diehard Melee fans will still complain. If Smash 4 ain't 100% Melee, it ain't nothing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
CALLED IT.
Seriously, I Bluh-D called it. Back in the "Create-A-Trophy" Thread I made a Doctor Mario [SMASH] trophy because I predicted that Doc would be back (before the leak) and that the [SMASH] trophies would return.
I'm da bess. I'm da bess. I'm da bess. B3

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I get VERY annoyed when people STILL say that Sm4sh = Brawl.

It's not by a long shot.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I had the calmest expression on my face hearing the Magicant song.

Then Eight Melodies happened.

My vision got quite hazy because of the tears. ;~;

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

It's not by a long shot.
Agreed.
I honestly think that Sm4sh has taken the most influence from Smash 64, with some Melee peppered in there and a small pinch of Brawl, with a few cups of it's own flair.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

It's not by a long shot.
The only thing I can't stand is people complaining about Lucina and Dr. Mario. It's gotten to the breaking point of, "WE GET IT" already, and it just keeps going...

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
The only thing I can't stand is people complaining about Lucina and Dr. Mario. It's gotten to the breaking point of, "WE GET IT" already, and it just keeps going...
And Dark Pit as well. I understand people not liking him, but it still bugs me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Silver Arrow is legit amazing. Especially in anti-gravity when everything lights up.
I never pay attention to the names. Which one is the Silver Arrow? I remember one being extremely awesome, that's likely it.

Also, whenever I play as Link I'll definitely use that car.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Agreed.
I honestly think that Sm4sh has taken the most influence from Smash 64, with some Melee peppered in there and a small pinch of Brawl, with a few cups of it's own flair.
Well unlike Melee and Brawl who both tried to give the characters a more realistic appearance, Sm4sh retains a cartoony atmosphere like 64. The speed as I understand, in the ground is Melee's, air is Brawl's.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
All this 3DS gameplay is making me so much more hyped for the Wii U version. HD graphics and Gamecube controller mmm gimme dat.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So has anyone seen any really outlandish reasons for hating Sm4sh? I want to know. Something like...

e.g. "I hate Duck Hunt Dog. I don't like dogs. They're smelly and poo everywhere."

They're probably all over Miiverse, but I haven't touched that since forever.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Those people are like Deserts.
They keep going on... and on... and on...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So has anyone seen any really outlandish reasons for hating Sm4sh? I want to know. Something like...

e.g. "I hate Duck Hunt Dog. I don't like dogs. They're smelly and poo everywhere."

Actually, nobody is really talking about character hate on Miiverse. They all just want their damn demo code right now.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Gamefaqs is full of "Sakurai bias" arguments everywhere.
And some people apparently will not buy the game unless Mewtwo is in.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
The begging for codes is absolutely ridiculous right now. I'm seeing people posting nudes of them everywhere so they can play a demo they'll be able to play next week anyway. Wouldn't even be surprised if people pay ridiculous amounts of money for the codes.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Well unlike Melee and Brawl who both tried to give the characters a more realistic appearance, Sm4sh retains a cartoony atmosphere. The speed as I understand, in the ground is Melee's, air is Brawl's.
I honestly like SSB4 graphics the best (even though graphics isn't really important). Melee looks polished, Brawl colors are too dull. 64 is .... Well you know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom