• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So how 'bout that buffed Game & Watch and R.O.B.? :3

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Guys I have a question. I don't want to have to buy a 3ds XL but how fun do you think it will be to play smash on a nintendo 2ds? Seeing as how the 2ds screen is so amall and all...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys I have a question. I don't want to have to buy a 3ds XL but how fun do you think it will be to play smash on a nintendo 2ds? Seeing as how the 2ds screen is so amall and all...
It's bigger then you think.
As long as you don't have really big hands, the 2DS is fine.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I let some people play with my 3DS yesterday at a Smashfest and OMG never again. At least, with one person. This guy was like shaking the poor console and slamming the slide pad and pressing buttons and I swear Mario wasn't doing anything... productive/useful against the CPU.

Overly dramatic fingers.

Some were complaining how difficult or crappy the 3DS controls felt.

But hey, I've been using the 3DS since 2011. The controls are fantastic and they did a great job porting Smash Bros over. These folks are really missing out on 3DS with its fantastic library of games... I don't get it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I let some people play with my 3DS yesterday at a Smashfest and OMG never again. At least, with one person. This guy was like shaking the poor console and slamming the slide pad and pressing buttons and I swear Mario wasn't doing anything... productive/useful against the CPU.

Overly dramatic fingers.

But hey, I've been using the 3DS since 2011. The controls are fantastic and they did a great job porting Smash Bros over. These folks are really missing out on 3DS with its fantastic library of games... I don't get it.
The only problem I'm having is performing the Up-tilt, as I end up doing the Up-smash 80% of the time. Might just need to slow down a tad to execute properly.

Otherwise, dunno what their problem is. Maybe they were born with giant hands.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Overly dramatic fingers.

Your poor 3DS.
Treat it's screen to a light dab of cleaning alcohol or a wetnap, and relax it with some AC:NL. That should ease the pain and works inbetween 3 Minutes to an Hour.
Trust me, I'm a Doctor Mario.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Overly dramatic fingers.

In my experience, my main problem was the placement of the L and R buttons. They feel more "cramped" then a Gamecube or Classic Controller. To a lesser extent, the placement of the ABXY buttons, in a sense that you'll occasionally press another button by accident. But aside form those, it's looks perfectly adaptable.

Sorry about your 3DS by the way.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ironically, Pit and Dark Pit are heavier than her.

Either the Pits are somehow buff due to their short height or Palutena is anorexic. :troll:
*eyebrow wiggle intensifies*

I've heard the Icon and Bottom Screen Picture of All-Star Mode also changes when you have all the characters.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Do you bow to Lord Shrek? Do you believe he died for your layers?
A little late to the madness but...
We are the Deputies. Shrek's reign of terror is over.

#Deputies #WoodyIsLoveWoodyIsLife #TheRealToyStoryofTerror

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Now I remember. In the Netherlands the first game was called Sly Raccoon. The 2nd and 3rd were simply called Sly 2 and Sly 3 respectivly. The 4th one changed it to Sly Cooper .

Last edited:

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
My Mario Kart 8 experience in a nutshell: (feat. @KenithTheGatherer )
1.) Unlock Mii.
2.) Use Albert Wesker Mii.
3.) Use the most unfitting vehicle possible.
4.) Effectively ruin experience for Kenith by picking his least favorite stage consistently.
5.) Really feel it.
VISUAL REPRESENTATION:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
From SmashWiki:

All-Star Mode order
Level|Initial Characters|Unlocked Characters
Level 1 (1980-1984)|Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Little Mac|Mr. Game & Watch
Level 2 (1985-1986)|Peach, Bowser, Link, Zelda, Samus|Duck Hunt, R.O.B.
Level 3 (1986-1990)|Pit, Palutena, Mega Man, Marth, Yoshi, Captain Falcon|Dr. Mario
Level 4 (1991-1993)|Sonic, Kirby, King Dedede, Fox, Meta Knight|Falco, Wario
Level 5 (1994-1998)|Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Charizard, Sheik|Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness
Level 6 (2001-2006)|Villager, Olimar, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Lucario|Bowser Jr.
Level 7 (2007-2013)|Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Robin, Greninja|Dark Pit, Lucina

The secret characters only appear once the true All-Star mode is unlocked. Unlike previous games, you always fight 3 opponents at a time. The stage is randomly chosen from one of the characters of the level.

Also, you can't use continues here. When you lose, you start over.

The recovery items are a Maxim Tomato, a Heart Container and a Fairy Bottle. If it's anything like previous games, they recover all health instead of certain quantities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From SmashWiki:

All-Star Mode order
Level 1 (1980-1984)|Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Little Mac|Mr. Game & Watch
Level 3 (1986-1990)|Pit, Palutena, Mega Man, Marth, Yoshi, Captain Falcon|Dr. Mario
Level 5 (1994-1998)|Diddy Kong, Pikachu, Charizard, Sheik|Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness
Level 6 (2001-2006)|Villager, Olimar, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Lucario|Bowser Jr.
Level 7 (2007-2013)|Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Robin, Greninja|Dark Pit, Lucina

The secret characters only appear once the true All-Star mode is unlocked. Unlike previous games, you always fight 3 opponents at a time. The stage seems randomly chosen from one of the characters of the stage.

The recovery items are a Maxim Tomato, a Heart Container and a Fairy Bottle. If it's anything like previous games, they recover all health instead of certain quantities.
I was wondering if Ganondorf would be in the 80's or 90's.

kylexv

Smash Master
From SmashWiki:

All-Star Mode order

The secret characters only appear once the true All-Star mode is unlocked. Unlike previous games, you always fight 3 opponents at a time. The stage seems randomly chosen from one of the characters of the stage.

7 per battle?! That's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom