• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I just want to give a little warning concerning the ost on youtube.

The official version of the tracks are a lot better than the one uploaded by unofficial sources. You can compare the try try music in which it's very noticeable because you hear sounds in the official uploads that aren't there in the others.

Which means that the rogueport music might be a lot better than I tough before.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
People seriously overestimate the Funky Bike.
I used Rosalina on Twinkle Star and I beat the staff ghost for all courses.
It's just the Speed and Handling, man. Makes you feel so powerful. (Says the man who uses Mario on the Dolphin Dasher)

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
My Mario Kart 8 experience in a nutshell: (feat. @ Kenith Kenith )
1.) Unlock Mii.
2.) Use Albert Wesker Mii.
3.) Use the most unfitting vehicle possible.
4.) Effectively ruin experience for Kenith by picking his least favorite stage consistently.
5.) Really feel it.
VISUAL REPRESENTATION:

Complete. Global. Salturation.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of Mario Kart, the Pipe Frame is powerful.
I forget which Wheels it's good with (probably Slick/Cyber Slick, but I forget exactly) but the Speed and Handling it gives makes it a pseudo-Bike, plus Firehopping. (Says the man who doesn't own MK8)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never even liked Mario Kart.

I was beginning to question what I was doing here, but then I remembered that this isn't a Mario Kart forum.

So out of all the cut vets, supposedly only Roy and Snake don't have trophies. Does anyone an image of all of them?

D

Deleted member

I was beginning to question what I was doing here, but then I remembered that this isn't a Mario Kart forum.

So out of all the cut vets, supposedly only Roy and Snake don't have trophies. Does anyone an image of all of them?
I don't think Young Link has one either.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Snake is probably not there since he's a Sony guy (Veteran or not, the only reason he was in Brawl is cuz Kojima [sorry if I got the name wrong] begged Sakurai) but Roy I have no reason for. After all, Marth has a Roy outfit (-Red Hair) and Roy Koopa exists, why not have the Trophy? :3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't think Young Link has one either.
There's hearsay that he has a trophy where he's riding Epona, which is why I'm looking for the pictures to back it up.
Anyone knows where can I find these?
Banjo, Conker, King K. Rool, all with some of the Smash cast... So many tears.
Snake is probably not there since he's a Sony guy (Veteran or not, the only reason he was in Brawl is cuz Kojima [sorry if I got the name wrong] begged Sakurai)
...This was not the point of my post in the first place...
Snake is not a Sony guy, he's owned by Konami. You may as well be arguing against the Rayman trophy.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
He's owned by Konami, not Sony.
I think he means that Metal Gear is more popular on Sony consoles, just like how one would probably refer to Sonic as a Nintendo guy since he's the most popular on Nintendo consoles, while XBox and Sony are just meh.
Grumble Volcano is the BEST Stage.
<< See location.

There better be a Grumble Volcano stage on the Wii U version of smash too.
I'd actually have no problem with this. We've never seen a Bowsers Castle or Lava based Mario stage in Smash before, except maybe one of the tiers in Paper Mario.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
He's owned by Konami, not Sony.
What he means is that he's more related with Sony consoles.

Think it like this, Sonic has most of his games in Nintendo consoles and have more sucess on them, that (along the old rivalry) makes most people think about Nintendo when talking about Sonic. The same can be said for Snake with Playstation (Except for the rivalry part)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, people actually LIKE Grumble Volcano?
I just assumed people chose it to piss off everyone in the lobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I think he means that Metal Gear is more popular on Sony consoles, just like how one would probably refer to Sonic as a Nintendo guy since he's the most popular on Nintendo consoles, while XBox and Sony are just meh.

I'd actually have no problem with this.

Think it like this, Sonic has most of his games in Nintendo consoles and have more sucess on them, that (along the old rivalry) makes most people think about Nintendo when talking about Sonic. The same can be said for Snake with Playstation (Except for the rivalry part)
Yeah, that's true. The way it was written though almost made it seem like he thought he was owned by Sony, which is not the case.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just got MK8 and I've already beaten it, its really fun, however, I have one major complaint.

Coins. WHY do you get them from an item box? It really sucks when you need a shell to defend from attacks only to get a damn Coin instead.

Its like Brawl's tripping.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone knows where can I find these?
Well, if it helps, what you're looking at is Club Nintendo comics (not to be confused with the rewards program of the same name). They were done in Germany and ran from 1991 to 1998. You can find the comics (some of which translated from German to English) online.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I just got MK8 and I've already beaten it, its really fun, however, I have one major complaint.

Coins. WHY do you get them from an item box? It really sucks when you need a shell to defend from attacks only to get a damn Coin instead.

Its like Brawl's tripping.
THATS SO STUPID!!! LOL WHY WOULD THEY TRICK US LIKE THAT?!?!?!

Yet another reason why I didn't get Mario Kart 8 on the spot.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
<< See location.

My favorite MKWii stage has gotta be DK Summit. I just love all the jumps there.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I'd actually have no problem with this.

Never in my life have I heard anyone refer to Sonic as a Nintendo guy. That would have been like a sin back in the 90's.

Sonic has had more games not on Nintendo consoles as well, just like Snake...

People do know what a three game deal is, right? It's three games. Sonic is going back to other consoles again.

At the end of the day, Snake is a Konami guy, Sonic is a Sega guy. It's not that complicated.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Is the only one here who still doesn't has MK8, sits in the forever alone corner*

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
<< See location.

Racing down a crumbling landmass, falling into lava constantly, jerking around sharp turns and pits, the volcanic rocks leaving fire in your tracks, the fire guys jumping up and down all over you, the secret hard to get shortcut leap of faith at the end, the blue shells over pits, the fast paced theme, and 12 racers bumping into you constantly knocking you off as you scream in agony and rage as you plummet to your doom...

What's there not to love?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Racing down a crumbling landmass, falling into lava constantly, jerking around sharp turns and pits, the volcanic rocks leaving fire in your tracks, the fire guys jumping up and down all over you, the secret hard to get shortcut leap of faith at the end, the blue shells over pits, the fast paced theme, and 12 racers bumping into you constantly knocking you off as you scream in agony and rage as you plummet to your doom...

What's there not to love?
It's why I love the place. Such chaos only brings happiness in my eyes. :evil::demon:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The reason I said Snake was "A Sony Guy" was not only because MGS is more popular on Sony Consoles, but also because someone's signature said--and I quote--;
:yoshi64:Go:yoshimelee:Go:yoshi2:YOSHI!:4yoshi: You're our Dino!:yoshi:
:snake:Snake, however, can go take a hike! Stay out of our Smash, Sony Character!
I forget the exact user though, but I like them. Yoshi 4 days.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Never in my life have I heard anyone refer to Sonic as a Nintendo guy. That would have been like a sin back in the 90's.

Sonic has had more games not on Nintendo consoles as well, just like Snake...

People do know what a three game deal is, right? It's three games. Sonic is going back to other consoles again.

At the end of the day, Snake is a Konami guy, Sonic is a Sega guy. It's not that complicated.
This is true, but that makes Shulk a Monolith Soft guy, doesn't it? I mean, Monolith Soft was originally property of Namco before they sold their stock to Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom