• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm skeptical. The third movie had great closure. Don't know what they'd do with the fourth..
Well, in the least the main character isn't going to make a creepy comment about how in band class he's so close to his crush that he can smell the lavender shampoo in her hair

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Today my wife and I said good bye to our dear chipmunk, Chura. My wife brought him home 6 years ago this coming Spring, was with us when we started dating, our engagement and moving in together, and our wedding. He has always been there, jumping about his cage, climbing on our drapes, trying to jump into my cup of sake, and escaping from his cage and finding the jar of sunflower seeds open. Tomorrow, we will be burying him along with the sunflower seeds in an area near to my wife's parents house. It's really hard losing such a great pet.
:( My condolences go out to you.
Well, in the least the main character isn't going to make a creepy comment about how in band class he's so close to his crush that he can smell the lavender shampoo in her hair
.______________.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Today my wife and I said good bye to our dear chipmunk, Chura. My wife brought him home 6 years ago this coming Spring, was with us when we started dating, our engagement and moving in together, and our wedding. He has always been there, jumping about his cage, climbing on our drapes, trying to jump into my cup of sake, and escaping from his cage and finding the jar of sunflower seeds open. Tomorrow, we will be burying him along with the sunflower seeds in an area near to my wife's parents house. It's really hard losing such a great pet.
I have once lost a dog, he was 12 years old and he was named "Rufus". Losing a pet feels like losing a family member. I am sorry for your loss.
Chura is a beautiful name, and he looked really cute.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
He means "beautiful" in the Okinawan language. I've had previous dogs too. My dog Shadow, a Newfoundland, passed away back in 2008. And our toy poodle passed away in February. I got to say bye to her when I visited the States last Christmas.

It really hurts to say goodbye to a pet. His passing was really sudden and we weren't sure if he was hibernating or had passed away since it's gotten very cold. We were expecting for him to wake up from hibernation but he never did.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you. It's appreciated. We still have our hamsters and rabbit. And our cat, June, says "Sup!"

Attachments

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Petting my dog after it had died was one of the most disturbing experiences I've had

It's body was so cold

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Im sorry about your loss, a pet no matter its size is really special:
I had a fish who showed me to not give up and reminded me to find happiness, it was a Betta fish I bought for a Science Experiment; the experiment was to put 3 Bettas on the same bowl and see how they react, my fish was brutally attacked to the point I stopped the experiment to save the fish from further harm, sadly he lost a part of his inferior fin.
I decided to keep it not only because I felt guilt but also because I knew he was special, I fed him with lots of nutritius Betta Food bought a heater to protect it from the winter cold and played with him all the time.
That fish loved to dance, and he KNEW when to dance; when I was sad he cheered me up with a zig-zag coreography when I was passing a diffucult time he jumped and danced, I swear he listened to me. It lived 2 years and he growed really big and his lost fin regenerated at some point. I nicknamed him "Little Shark" because of that.
He passed two years ago and now it rests on my garden, and I hope he's dancing happily in the afterlife.

Also sorry for the late reply, I was grammar checking when Nightly Backup happned.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Im sorry about your loss, a pet no matter its size is really special:
I had a fish who showed me to not give up and reminded me to find happiness, it was a Betta fish I bought for a Science Experiment; the experiment was to put 3 Bettas on the same bowl and see how they react, my fish was brutally attacked to the point I stopped the experiment to save the fish from further harm, sadly he lost a part of his inferior fin.
I decided to keep it not only because I felt guilt but also because I knew he was special, I fed him with lots of nutritius Betta Food bought a heater to protect it from the winter cold and played with him all the time.
That fish loved to dance, and he KNEW when to dance; when I was sad he cheered me up with a zig-zag coreography when I was passing a diffucult time he jumped and danced, I swear he listened to me. It lived 2 years and he growed really big and his lost fin regenerated at some point. I nicknamed him "Little Shark" because of that.
He passed two years ago and now it rests on my garden, and I hope he's dancing happily in the afterlife.

Also sorry for the late reply, I was grammar checking when Nightly Backup happned.
Not that I'm being accusatory but it's pretty obvious that Betta's will attack one another in most circumstances. I'm curious as to what this science experiment was trying to achieve ><. We had a betts and my wife made the mistake of putting a tiny neon tetra into the tank. That guy was stuck in the Betta's mouth for some time before he spat him out. He was still a bit big to eat. Betta's are pretty but they are nasty to one another. We had s breeding pair and that aforementioned make killed the poor female.

The coolest fish I've ever owned was either my South American Leaf Fish, my schooling Archer Fish, or my Lungfish. Those were really cool fish.

Petting my dog after it had died was one of the most disturbing experiences I've had

It's body was so cold
Really? My dog was strangely warm. Became warmer over time. I was petting her as she passed away and noticed a sudden rush of blood and then began to muscles relax. It was strange.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
My condolences.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK

Maybe it was because she was put to sleep rather than died naturally

She was cold, really cold

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sorry to hear that, Venus. My condolences.

I wish my family was more open about keeping pets. :ohwell:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
IDK

Maybe it was because she was put to sleep rather than died naturally

She was cold, really cold
Yeah, mine too. Hmmm, maybe it affect different breeds differently. She became cold over time. The most horrific pet death I witbessed was my cousins hamsters. He got them for a birthday present and invited me over to see them when we were little kids I came over and he went to show me them and one had gutted and was in the process of eating the other. It was gross.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Not that I'm being accusatory but it's pretty obvious that Betta's will attack one another in most circumstances. I'm curious as to what this science experiment was trying to achieve ><. We had a betts and my wife made the mistake of putting a tiny neon tetra into the tank. That guy was stuck in the Betta's mouth for some time before he spat him out. He was still a bit big to eat. Betta's are pretty but they are nasty to one another. We had s breeding pair and that aforementioned make killed the poor female.

The coolest fish I've ever owned was either my South American Leaf Fish, my schooling Archer Fish, or my Lungfish. Those were really cool fish.

Really? My dog was strangely warm. Became warmer over time. I was petting her as she passed away and noticed a sudden rush of blood and then began to muscles relax. It was strange.
Me and my friends (who were part on my science team) were really dumb that time, and our Professor told us to do that just to put in practice the Scientific Method :ohwell:
Anyway that hepled me to became more aware of taking care of animals of any kind.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We called them Siamese fighting fish

and we got a pair to fight when I was really young

IDK I think my parents were curious if that was for real

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I "adopted" a street dog who appeared in my neighborhood, I want to keep it because it helped me to overcome my dog phobia but my mom is opposing and we don't have enough space, still I feed him and play with him when I can.

Today some kids where throwing rocks at him, I had to come out of my house and threaten them with a brick (of course I wouldn't throw it, Im not that dumb) to scare them off.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I "adopted" a street dog who appeared in my neighborhood, I want to keep it because it helped me to overcome my dog phobia but my mom is opposing and we don't have enough space, still I feed him and play with him when I can.

Today some kids where throwing rocks at him, I had to come out of my house and threaten them with a brick (of course I wouldn't throw it, Im not that dumb) to scare them off.
Why would they throw rocks at it? Is it ugly or malnutritioned or something?

Also, Page 1980! Obligatory:

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Yeah, mine too. Hmmm, maybe it affect different breeds differently. She became cold over time. The most horrific pet death I witbessed was my cousins hamsters. He got them for a birthday present and invited me over to see them when we were little kids I came over and he went to show me them and one had gutted and was in the process of eating the other. It was gross.
Bah, animals.

Bah, humans.

BAH

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the rews recently

A little kid took his father's pistol and shot a neighbors dog that entered their yard

The father seemed more thrilled than anything

Said he's been teaching his son to shoot since he was even younger

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why would they throw rocks at it? Is it ugly or malnutritioned or something?
They did that just because they are bratty cruel kids. My mom once told them to stop throwing rocks and one of the kids said to my mom to "**** off", my mother had to go and scold the kids mother.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In the rews recently
A little kid took his father's pistol and shot a neighbors dog that entered their yard
The father seemed more thrilled than anything
Said he's been teaching his son to shoot since he was even younger
See, this is the kind of stuff that leads to kids doing crazy **** with guns.
Video games aren't even involved here!
But I guarantee you that if the cops find that kid plays any video games, there will be an outcry over that ****.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This reminds me the news of a guy who was mad because his neighbor sent his dog to defecate on his house several times; but this guy did the "not so bad" thing: Instead of shooting the dog, he shot the annoying neighbor in the legs.
Weapons can't (and must not) solve anything but it was some kind of cool justice

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
They did that just because they are bratty cruel kids. My mom once told them to stop throwing rocks and one of the kids said to my mom to "**** off", my mother had to go and scold the kids mother.
Oh, okay. That makes sense. Every neighborhood has ****ty people running its streets.

That reminds me, something crazy happened to my neighborhood the other day:
A few men came running down my street with an uzi, shooting up the place. In the middle of the day.
I was sitting in my room with my friend playing games when we heard gunshots in bursts. My siblings were outside during this event, my sister making eye contact with the gunman. Nobody was hurt, but the police came down and investigated the scene. There is what appears to be a bullet hole in the front of my house now.
Apparently, there's more than one guy, too. A group of men were doing the same thing to another neighborhood the same day, actually wounding a man, who walked to the police station with the wound to tell them about it.

The culprit is supposedly connected to a family of really drugged people living up the street.

The worst part is, gun control can't do anything about this kind of stuff, because the gun they had isn't legal to own anyway.

I'm still mad about the whole thing.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of my two cats, the male one was put down first, then the female one. The first one I could not go the Vet to see it regardless due to work, the second one I just couldn't handle it. :c

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ah :( My condolences. You've probably heard that I've said before, but pets can make a big impact in a household and can become really close to you. So a death can be quite significant. Even when my grandmother's dog passed away, I felt really sad (I was really close to him, we basically grew up together).

Gosh that sounds so horrific. D: I could just imagine hamsters ripping each other apart, like something akin to the ending fight scene in Watership Down... expect hamsters instead of bunnies.

I never had much luck with hamsters. The most frightening story that happened was probably when my sister took the hamster out, put him on the kitchen counter, and the little fella fell behind the fridge. I have no idea how this happened, nor how to explain it well, but somehow he got into a wall and under the bottom pantry (so like in the floor, we could here him running). Between the bottom pantry and floor, there's a little bit of a platform that holds the pantry up. The platform has a small hole on one side, so I took a fork and stuck a carrot on it, and kept it in the hole until the hamster came back up into the platform and through the hole to get the carrot. So in the end I rescued the hamster, but man we were all freaking out.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh, okay. That makes sense. Every neighborhood has ****ty people running its streets.

That reminds me, something crazy happened to my neighborhood the other day:
A few men came running down my street with an uzi, shooting up the place. In the middle of the day.
I was sitting in my room with my friend playing games when we heard gunshots in bursts. My siblings were outside during this event, my sister making eye contact with the gunman. Nobody was hurt, but the police came down and investigated the scene. There is what appears to be a bullet hole in the front of my house now.
Apparently, there's more than one guy, too. A group of men were doing the same thing to another neighborhood the same day, actually wounding a man, who walked to the police station with the wound to tell them about it.

The culprit is supposedly connected to a family of really drugged people living up the street.

The worst part is, gun control can't do anything about this kind of stuff, because the gun they had isn't legal to own anyway.

I'm still mad about the whole thing.
The good thing is that nobody was hurt.
Where I live is worse, because its México:
There were two shootings really close to my house, the first was a failed carjacking and the victim was shot in the arm, the second was a double murder, fortunately the violence diminished but we still live with some fear.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Is it me or do the cpu players, on top of having advanced techs they pull off almost without fail, being able to shield way sooner than a player can, being near impossible to approach, always able to hit the players in that ONE frame they can during rolls and higher priority also have way larger knockback and damage?

I just hit a cpu mario with a full-on fsmash with GANONDORF at about 100%, didn't kill. His barely connected dsmash at less than 80% from the other side of the arena? That did.

Seriously, please, please, please patch this mess. It's making the game utterly unenjoyable.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, sleep time for me!
I don't want to leave this thread thinking about sad stuff (like our lost pets or violence) so here's some humor

Also, that is not the reason why I watch Sailor Moon, okay? :seuss:

Good Night! (and Good Morning or afternoon for people on other time zones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom