• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What's ironic is that the Aspyr icon took me 3 days to complete, whereas Nielicus' icon only took me 1 day to finish the basic stuff (linework, white outline, colors).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
[*]Pikachu has Ethan's Hat from Gold/Silver/HG/SS as a color
And I know what Pika skin I'm maining. ~<3

Also, you missed Charizard's skins. So far he has purple, yellow, red, grey, dark red, and blue. I think the red is like, Charizard's body actually being red, and the dark red is actually his shiny coloration (dark referring to body, red referring to wings).

I wished Mewtwo was playable...
Wish granted. Play Project M. :)

I wished for Ditto to be playable. ...I think I broke him.
Wish granted. Play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. :)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Speaking of Captain N, can someone remind me why Mario and the gang never made an appearance? He's supposed to be Nintendo's mascot.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Palutena, on the other hand:
The original version seems to be based much more heavily on Athena which was who she was kind of based on to begin with compared to the more recent versions of the character.

Due to picture size

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The original version seems to be based much more heavily on Athena which was who she was kind of based on to begin with compared to the more recent versions of the character.

Due to picture size

I know. That's where her name comes from also.

So is there a chance that smash 4 will actually be competitive or will there just be a project smash 4? lol
The latter is not likely. IIRC the current Project M team already said they won't make one for Smash 4.

Last edited:

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660

Also, you missed Charizard's skins. So far he has purple, yellow, red, grey, dark red, and blue. I think the red is like, Charizard's body actually being red, and the dark red is actually his shiny coloration (dark referring to body, red referring to wings).
I thought Charizard being red had something to do with Charmeleon?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So is there a chance that smash 4 will actually be competitive or will there just be a project smash 4? lol
Just about everyone who has played it says it has a hell of a lot more competitive potential than Brawl so it definitely has a promising future right now but we can't be too sure until we get a good feel for the matchups and make sure there's not too many where one side clearly gets BTFO like in Brawl.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

So the inside of the wings are red and the body is black?

Because that's shiny Charizard, and I'm making sure because IMO, that was worded a bit oddly, no offense.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
There is a chance it could be at least decently competitive. It truly is a mix of Brawl and Melee as the air speed and general floatiness is retained from Brawl but the ground speed, fastfalling, and ledges have been retained from Melee. The only thing I see significantly being a problem at this point is the insane endlag they've given to certain moves that were once OP on some characters (Falcon's knee of justice for example).

I can guesstimate that as far as competitiveness goes, it may fall somewhere in this way: Melee > Smash 4 = Project M > 64 > Brawl > other mods

Smash 4 only equals PM right now because of the hype and lack of true in depth game testing knowledge, but the fact that they really put their all into this game with the amount of new characters that there are makes it promising enough to comfortably sit next to PM for the moment.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
From what I know, the physics in the air are the same as Brawl, while in the ground they're like Melee.

Then again, knowing Melee fanboys...

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I thought Charizard being red had something to do with Charmeleon?
It might.
So the inside of the wings are red and the body is black?

Because that's shiny Charizard, and I'm making sure because IMO, that was worded a bit oddly, no offense.
Yes, that would be shiny Charizard. Everything I said past listing the actual colors named by Zipzo is pure speculation though. He mentioned both "red" and "dark red" so I'm guessing that's what he meant, that they are different colors and that dark red is actually black/red aka shiny. Sorry if I worded that funny. If you want him to confirm something for you, don't hesitate to ask him. :)

Saos

Smash Rookie
What is palutenas play style? watching her video I cant tell if she is a all new style or they are just pulling stuff from zelda, peach, fire emblem characters.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yes, that would be shiny Charizard. Everything I said past listing the actual colors named by Zipzo is pure speculation though. He mentioned both "red" and "dark red" so I'm guessing that's what he meant, that they are different colors and that dark red is actually black/red aka shiny. Sorry if I worded that funny. If you want him to confirm something for you, don't hesitate to ask him. :)
Oh, no, it wasn't an issue, I was just making sure that was what you meant because I really want Shiny Charizard to be in this game. :laugh:

I heard Shiny Charizard was real yesterday as well, though I'm not sure where the people I was talking with got it from.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I heard that as well.
At least for the 3DS version, which is good.
I actually found the 3DS version to be a bit awkward. It's going to take a lot of time to get used to the 3DS as a smash controller as opposed to even the Wii U's controller which I adapted to pretty quickly. To me the Wii U played the most like PM- the 3DS was mostly comprised of me attempting to wrap my head around doing all the stuff I'd normally do with a full game controller.

Now, if Nintendo gets -really- smart and releases not just the smash 3DS, but also a circle pad pro shaped like a GC controller... :awesome:

I WANT THE ****ING SAUCE.
Zipzo is probably the source for about 90% of everything you're hearing right now. If you want confirmation, you can ask him. :p

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of competitive, apparently it's been confirmed by D1 that custom moves can be accessed on the CSS. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom