• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just trying this new NES Zelda 1 ROM hack called "The Legend of Link". Only 5 minutes in and holy crap I can't believe this was using the first Zelda game (feels more like the Game Boy Color Zelda games if anything).

Plus the game is much MUCH larger than Zelda 1. Just look at the file size difference:

Zelda 1 - 129 KB
The Legend of Link hack - 1,400 KB

Definitely a contender for best ROM hack.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But once again, why not just use X? Sure he's not just like Mega Man. But he's similar.
Because most of the weapons they get are completely different? Classic Megaman doesn't have nearly a dozen armors, and MMX doesn't have a robo-dog.

Though of course, the Original Mega Man is more iconic. So I would assume that's the point you are trying to make.

I seriously doubt that they'd ever use the Sonic Boom design in Smash.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm just being honest, why would Sonic not appear in the fifth Smash as he did in Sonic Boom? That's like saying "Lucario would not Mega Evolve during battle," "Ike wouldn't have his Radiant Dawn outfit," "Samus would still look Super Metroid," or "Kirby wouldn't use a super ability from Kirby's Return to Dreamland."
1 word.

The 1 word... consists of 2 words...

Spin-off.

That's why. Ghostly adventures and Sonic Boom are spin offs.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
While on the topic of alts, an actual Blood Falcon costume would be nice:

And his theme.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because most of the weapons they get are completely different? Classic Megaman doesn't have nearly a dozen armors, and MMX doesn't have a robo-dog.

Though of course, the Original Mega Man is more iconic. So I would assume that's the point you are trying to make.

I seriously doubt that they'd ever use the Sonic Boom design in Smash.
Exactly. Recency does not take priority. If what Cliff said is true. Then they should use recent designs, regardless of what they are. But they didn't.

Also:
Idk, they're just not making any sense at all.
Are you implying I'm a joke to you? Well gee, nice to know you hardly respect other opinions.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wished Mewtwo was playable...
I think we used up all the wishes. So you'll have to fly to Namek.

Everything is explained in this one picture.
His armor isn't even blue. All they had to so was turn on the game for three seconds and see what Mega Man looked like. Did they do that on purpose? Because I find it hard to believe they could **** up that badly.

But it could be worse, he could have gotten the Simon Belmont treatment.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
His armor isn't even blue. All they had to so was turn on the game for three seconds and see what Mega Man looked like. Did they do that on purpose? Because I find it hard to believe they could **** up that badly.

But it could be worse, he could have gotten the Simon Belmont treatment.
Or the Kid Icarus treatment-icus.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
What Im secretly wishing for in the final games is Megaman having different costume for every version of him in his final smash, since they already have the models ready (would require some tweeking for size though). Especialy the news of Bowser jr. having alt for every Koopaling made me hope.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Pacm-man should never have teeth, deatiled eyes, sneakers, or fingers.
It's just a big circle of nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom