• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
Has it been stated whether or not Miis can be chosen as AI opponents? And, if so, will the CPU be able to select them if they are set to random?

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
They gonna be only enabled for friendly matches. And Im sure they are gonna allow us to save some favorite presets of characters to choose quickly (kinda like how you could save your team configuration in Marvel 3)
So friendly matches meaning with friends only? (Not counting single player/local matches)

I expected as much, considering how Miis can only be used with friends. Would've been nice to play randoms with a custom moveset Sonic (I'm okay with his character but I despise his Smash moveset) but I'll be playing both versions with friends more anyway, so it doesn't matter imo.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Which reminds me...

So my conclusion of my top 5 Smash characters overal are DK, Snake, Sonic, Jigglypuff and Ganondorf.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
No, actually his move set comes from him caring too much.
It is so accurate it's impractical.

Who he doesn't care about is Ganondorf.
We still have hope in custom moves Kenith. Also we haven't seen his side, down, or neutral special. There is still hope. Though I really hope his side b is the same... That actually is a canon move as well....

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I too despise Sonic's Smash Moveset. It's like Sakurai doesn't care about Sonic at all.
Sakurai has been slippin a lot actually. All third party characters have springs. Hell ton of people with similar-working counters. Unability to come up with moveset for Chrom. If Mewtwo and Ridley aint playable too, I guess the age FINALLY caught up to him.

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
We still have hope in custom moves Kenith. Also we haven't seen his side, down, or neutral special. There is still hope. Though I really hope his side b is the same... That actually is a canon move as well....
I saw it at E3. He still has Homing Attack and Spin Dash, and whatever he had last time as his down special.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I wonder if customization will allow Meta Knight to become Meta Broken again

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I believe we have actually.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Would be weird if we haven't seen them considering we have seen them.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Just watched "Into the Dalek". 12th Dctor looks good so far, but HEY LET'S BE MEAN TO VETERANS

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So apparently by skimming through Zipzo's AMA Thread, I found out, color-wise...;
  • Olimar has 2 sets of 4 skins, 4 Olimar Colors and 4 Alph Colors (leak thickens)
  • Announcer/Game refers to the Alph costumes as Alph, not Olimar (I assume GK works this way as well, and maybe Dark Link)
  • WF Mac has a Hoodie as well (I forget if the thread said the hoodie is also wireframed or not)
  • While Olimar has 4 per Alt., Little Mac has 8 normal and 8 Wireframe (why, idunno.)
  • Sonic has 1 Black and 1 White furred costumes, rest are shades of Blue
  • Pac-Man's colors only change his shoes/gloves (and apparently gives him Socks on a color swap), no color changes what-so-ever (no Red/Pink/Blue/Orange Pac-Man *sadface*)
  • Mega Man be swaggin' the Black n' Yellow
  • No Helmetless/Protoman Mega Man costumes
  • Pikachu has a color of a Hat with Shades on the front, a Fighter's Headband as a color and Ethan's Hat from Gold/Silver/HG/SS as a color
  • Fox has a Wolf color (NOT COSTUME, JUST A COLOR SWAP)
  • Robin's colors apparently only change gender/hair, not the robe (Not sure if the hair is style, color or both, I forget)
And probably other stuff too since I only skimmed through about the first 6-8 pages, and was too lazy to read the rest.

...Oh, by the way, apparently Chrom is in one of Robin's victory poses, like Doc Louis. :troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Sakurai has been slippin a lot actually. All third party characters have springs. Hell ton of people with similar-working counters. Unability to come up with moveset for Chrom. If Mewtwo and Ridley aint playable too, I guess the age FINALLY caught up to him.
I don't know. Personally as generic as Pac-Man's looks (I have an idea. How about for his Smashes, he makes ghosts! Brilliant!), it doesn't look that bad from a gameplay standpoint. Especially his aerials.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We are, Cliff. We are.
I'm just being honest, why would Sonic not appear in the fifth Smash as he did in Sonic Boom? That's like saying "Lucario would not Mega Evolve during battle," "Ike wouldn't have his Radiant Dawn outfit," "Samus would still look Super Metroid," or "Kirby wouldn't use a super ability from Kirby's Return to Dreamland."

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Im kinda bleh about how Wireframe Mac is gonna have 8 colours but Hoodie Mac is just 2 variants, one for regular and one for wireframe version. I would REALLY like to use that costume but have it in any other colour than pink.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Some users (who will go unnamed) make threads that are the equivalent of

"WHAT IF MARIO WAS CUT FROM THE GAME JKYGFJFXHTESDUYJKFJGHJ,HVLUTLDKCF??"

It makes me angry.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty exciting weekend so far. The avalanche of info has been great (Fierce Diety Link and Galataca Knight... sweet Cinnabon baby Jesus...) but, I have to say, I feel really, really bad for Wolf fans if Fox's Wolf ALT is as dead on as people are implying it is. Wolf becoming an ALT while Dark Pit becomes a full blown character is hard to swallow, even if he was my least favorite character in Brawl. I'm hoping they don't wind up making Lucas a Ness ALT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom