• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So apparently by skimming through Zipzo's AMA Thread, I found out, color-wise...;
  • Olimar has 2 sets of 4 skins, 4 Olimar Colors and 4 Alph Colors (leak thickens)
  • Announcer/Game refers to the Alph costumes as Alph, not Olimar (I assume GK works this way as well, and maybe Dark Link)
  • WF Mac has a Hoodie as well (I forget if the thread said the hoodie is also wireframed or not)
  • While Olimar has 4 per Alt., Little Mac has 8 normal and 8 Wireframe (why, idunno.)
  • Sonic has 1 Black and 1 White furred costumes, rest are shades of Blue
  • Pac-Man's colors only change his shoes/gloves (and apparently gives him Socks on a color swap), no color changes what-so-ever (no Red/Pink/Blue/Orange Pac-Man *sadface*)
  • Mega Man be swaggin' the Black n' Yellow
  • No Helmetless/Protoman Mega Man costumes
  • Pikachu has a color of a Hat with Shades on the front, a Fighter's Headband as a color and Ethan's Hat from Gold/Silver/HG/SS as a color
  • Fox has a Wolf color (NOT COSTUME, JUST A COLOR SWAP)
  • Robin's colors apparently only change gender/hair, not the robe (Not sure if the hair is style, color or both, I forget)
And probably other stuff too since I only skimmed through about the first 6-8 pages, and was too lazy to read the rest.

...Oh, by the way, apparently Chrom is in one of Robin's victory poses, like Doc Louis. :troll:
The hat with sunglasses sounds like the male trainer in Pokemon X. I'm also glad to hear that we're getting a color based on Gold/Ethan too.

upload_2014-9-6_16-22-30.jpeg

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm just being honest, why would Sonic not appear in the fifth Smash as he did in Sonic Boom? That's like saying "Lucario would not Mega Evolve during battle," "Ike wouldn't have his Radiant Dawn outfit," "Samus would still look Super Metroid," or "Kirby wouldn't use a super ability from Kirby's Return to Dreamland."
Riddle me this Cliff.
How come Pac-Man does not use his Ghostly Adventures look? Or why does Mega Man only use his classic look? Why not the other, more current designs (like X)?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm just being honest, why would Sonic not appear in the fifth Smash as he did in Sonic Boom? That's like saying "Lucario would not Mega Evolve during battle," "Ike wouldn't have his Radiant Dawn outfit," "Samus would still look Super Metroid," or "Kirby wouldn't use a super ability from Kirby's Return to Dreamland."
Because Sonic Boom is a spin off.
If you're going by the logic of "recent installment" then why doesn't Zelda look like her Skyward Sword self?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I found out I'm terrible in making Miis. The Miis I made look nothing alike like their counterparts. Ah well. And why is the Top Hat a late unlockable? It's the only thing I need to finish my Layton Mii.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If Jigglypuff does really get into this installment, I hope her alts would be the hats of all the female playable Pokémon Trainers; she got Leaf's hat in Brawl after all.

Soul.

So custom moves are accessible via the character select screen? Great. That makes things less difficult.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I found out I'm terrible in making Miis. The Miis I made look nothing alike like their counterparts. Ah well. And why is the Top Hat a late unlockable? It's the only thing I need to finish my Layton Mii.
I hope ten-gallon hats are starting items since I want to play as Gunner Woody from the get-go!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
If Jigglypuff does really get into this installment, I hope her alts would be the hats of all the female playable Pokémon Trainers; she got Leaf's hat in Brawl after all.
All information in the past week or two have basically confirmed the legitimacy of the ESRB roster leaks. So Jigglypuff is definitely making the cut (as an unlockable character).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think we can all agree that this is the one recolor :4mario: needs to have:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So no Proto Man alt for Mega Man?

That sucks. Still maining Mega Man, but a Proto Man alt would've been amazing. Still, there's always DLC that could fix that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Little Mac isn't Third Party, he deserved his recent design more than rookie third party characters
And now I can confirm you're straw grasping.
I don't see why they would prioritize one over the other. Are you implying Nintendo is biased?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
You know what? Sakurai should have just cut out the middle man and put in a straight-up colour edit mode. At LEAST let us choose whatever colours we want.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Riddle me this Cliff.
How come Pac-Man does not use his Ghostly Adventures look? Or why does Mega Man only use his classic look? Why not the other, more current designs (like X)?
Megaman X is a different character. Though your point on Pac-Man is valid.

That's like wondering why Luigi doesn't have a Mario costume.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I mean, Pac-Man's and MegaMan's classic designs are either the more recognizable/accepted one (Pac-Man) or more heavily tied with Nintendo (MegaMan).

So why is the design of the classic third-parties suddenly a point for some weird debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom