• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Do mind that Ridley can still happen, but I'm not seeing it happen based on what I've observed regarding character roles.

The game does take great lengths to avoid two of the same character at the same time. The only exceptions are multiple of the same playable character and the 8-bit Duck Hunt dog and 8-bit Donkey Kong on the Duck Hunt and 75 m stages.

Cases in point:
- Toon Link on Spirit Train? Replaced by Alfonzo whenever a Link (Toon or not) is around. Link and Toon Link are both considered Link.
- Riki as AT and in Shulk's FS? Assist Trophies and Smash Balls are never in play at once.
- Chrom in Palutena's Temple conversations and Robin's Final Smash? Similar deal as Riki. Final Smashes cancel the conversations.
- Donkey Kong's debut year is considered as 1981, despite canon telling that arcade DK =/= DKC DK. Same deal for Link (and Zelda) being considered as debuting in 1986. Their 8-bit counterparts turn into their modern counterparts in the Duck Hunt Duo trailer, suggesting they're the same, despite what canon says.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Ridley discussion in here? Ridley isn't happening as DLC, simply because if Sakurai believed he would fit as a character he'd have been included in the launch game, or maybe even back in Brawl. I'm interested in his reasoning behind not including him, but I have a feeling it's simply "He's too big" or some other washed up argument, we're talking about the man who cut story mode not because it took way too much development time but because the cutscenes were uploaded to Youtube after all.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
By the way...

What was the music in the :4duckhunt: trailer?
Well, the first one is the 'Clear' theme in Duck Hunt, pretty cool rendition from a 4 second tune!

Then it goes into what I think is the Game Over theme from Wild Gunman... but I'm not 100% sure on that. They sound similar:

I don't know the third either. It all sounds way too new!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Um? Did you missed the entire Nintendo direct that happened as well? Or did something just pop up during the duck hunt trailer?
*scratches head* Looks like it.

Now I feel like an idiot.

EDIT: I'm such a conversation killer.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Am I the only one who sees a Super Mario Advance 2 video on Bowser Jr's page on the official Smash Bros site? I was hoping to watch his reveal video (once again) through there but that random video pops up haha!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Am I the only one who sees a Super Mario Advance 2 video on Bowser Jr's page on the official Smash Bros site? I was hoping to watch his reveal video (once again) through there but that random video pops up haha!
Yes, it's only on the American page, though. The UK English one is correct.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I like how Oda did a tribute to Naruto (in the form of The Land of Fire symbols on Nami's dress) as a way saying good bye to Kishimito. He did the same thing too (A Straw Hat Jolly Roger graffiti on Mount Hokage), as a way of wishing One Piece luck for its long running status.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I like how Oda did a tribute to Naruto (in the form of The Land of Fire symbols on Nami's dress) as a way saying good bye to Kishimito. He did the same thing too (A Straw Hat Jolly Roger graffiti on Mount Hokage), as a way of wishing One Piece luck for its long running status.
How nice of both of them.

And from the scans Im seeing Naruto IS the Hokage now. Well then.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How nice of both of them.

And from the scans Im seeing Naruto IS the Hokage now. Well then.
It's evident that he will be the the 7th Hokage after Kakashi retires in the future. The Last: Naruto the Movie ought to give us a glimpse of what it's like for the Copy Ninja to run his own office.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Gonna get the Pikmin shorts when I get home. I have no doubt they'll be great. Didn't know that Pikmin 3 was left out for a demo lol, might get that too even though I already have the full game.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I feel like I'm gonna tear up, it's really over. The ending was amazing though. I love the references to the past and all that jazz. I grew up with Naruto :( I can't believe its really over. Now to buy every volume

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
You know after watching the pikmin shorts trailer I think they felt into the "syndrome of minion" thing,think about like a bunch of characters with no personality doing a bunch of wacky things,like these two:
upload_2014-11-6_12-5-39.jpeg

upload_2014-11-6_12-6-16.jpeg

I think we are starting to getting into a new "genre" of cartoons,not that it's a bad thing,but we can expect too see more of these on the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom