• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
In all honesty, Steve won't be in smash. I doubt the fact that Minecraft is on Wii U will mean anything for smash.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Played 13 hours of Xenoblade X. It's incomprehensible to me how such an incredible game can be filled with so many idiotic, easily avoidable problems. I'm having fun, but I can't stop thinking that I could have much more fun if the game wasn't so massive and full of problems.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Played 13 hours of Xenoblade X. It's incomprehensible to me how such an incredible game can be filled with so many idiotic, easily avoidable problems. I'm having fun, but I can't stop thinking that I could have much more fun if the game wasn't so massive and full of problems.
Welp, glad I held out on buying it then.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Steve probably just flat-out wouldn't work in smash. Unless they make him a link clone, which will probably make actual Minecraft fans mad. He'd probably be more suited for Rivals of Aether.
Placing a couple low-poly and low-res blocks wouldn't be hard on the system. Really now, that's the worst excuse I've heard all day. It's like saying Sora would be OP when Mewtwo's a wuss already.

What problems? Haven't seen any on my end.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Could you list some examples? I don't have the game so I'm curious.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Placing a couple low-poly and low-res blocks wouldn't be hard on the system. Really now, that's the worst excuse I've heard all day. It's like saying Sora would be OP when Mewtwo's a wuss already.
I just don't know what kind of recovery he would have. My best guess would be something like Kragg's Up-b from Rivals of Aether, but smash wouldn't do that. I don't mean that the Wii U couldn't handle it, I just mean Minecraft wouldn't translate well into smash, if that makes sense.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I just don't know what kind of recovery he would have. My best guess would be something like Kragg's Up-b from Rivals of Aether, but smash wouldn't do that. I don't mean that the Wii U couldn't handle it, I just mean Minecraft wouldn't translate well into smash, if that makes sense.
Recently they just added wings you can glide around with, or he could plop a slim block down underneath himself and bounce off of it, or even just put down a ton of sand blocks and "pillar" up like people usually do in Minecraft.

Or they can just make it up like they did with the majority of the original 8. Since when did Mario have the Shoruken or when could DK or Link fly by spinning?

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Recently they just added wings you can glide around with, or he could plop a slim block down underneath himself and bounce off of it, or even just put down a ton of sand blocks and "pillar" up like people usually do in Minecraft.

Or they can just make it up like they did with the majority of the original 8. Since when did Mario have the Shoruken or when could DK or Link fly by spinning?
Sorry, I haven't played the game in a long time, but gilding sounds like an amazing recovery option. Now it only seems like Nintendo and Microsoft have to work something out, but if Nintendo can work with Square Enix, Steve doesn't seem as far-fetched as I thought.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Neither of those are totally made up, you know...

Super Jump Punch is based upon the most famous thing Mario is known for: jumping.

And Link's up B is based on the Cyclone attack from various LoZ titles, beginning with Link to the Past. In Brawl and onwards you can even charge it up like in Zelda games.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
I really don't care much about it. It's cool I guess but I'm not really fangirling about it. But hey good for the people who wanted Minecraft on Wii U. :)
Yeah, I haven't played Minecraft in years, and knowing middle school me, I'd probably go: On Wii U? It's not the PC, so it doesn't matter! God, I was such an idiot.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Neither of those are totally made up, you know...

Super Jump Punch is based upon the most famous thing Mario is known for: jumping.

And Link's up B is based on the Cyclone attack from various LoZ titles, beginning with Link to the Past. In Brawl and onwards you can even charge it up like in Zelda games.
Mario's never been able to jump again in the air, and attacking anything besides a block by jumping into it never ends well, especially enemies. Nor could you drill through stuff.

Likewise, the spin attack existed before Smash, but it wasn't ever more then a single spin and Link definitely couldn't use it to gain altitude. Nothing I've proposed for Steve was as much a stretch.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Minecraft is pretty fun with friends but without some realistic goal it's easy to lose interest. Unlike most survival games the goal isn't to survive or beat some final boss, it's to thrive and build a big fortress and stuff. More adventuring then survival I guess..

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Minceraft? Ehh.
I tend to overdo things, and today has been a shining example.
*makes puzzle too obscure and pummels people to 300% in friendlies*

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
As a fan of Unturned this news interests me. Only ever got to play Minecraft once with cousins, might be fun to get into again.

D

Deleted member

I really don't care much about it. It's cool I guess but I'm not really fangirling about it. But hey good for the people who wanted Minecraft on Wii U. :)
Agreed. I could care less about it, but in my honest opinion, they should've released it three years earlier. It'd have been a good business move considering Wii U would be selling a lot more thanks to it. Better late than never, I suppose.

I played Minecraft once... It was super ****ing boring.
Same. I played it once back in 2011. I lost interest rather quickly, as I didn't know what to do with it. Then I moved it to the recycle bin.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Same. I played it once back in 2011. I lost interest rather quickly, as I didn't know what to do with it. Then I moved it to the recycle bin.
It never got my interest, my brother, not a big fan, but somehow appeal to the game.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Hello everyone! How's it going? For me this school week is gonna be somewhat tough, I hope it blows over in no time meheheh...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's really too bad there isn't a lot of hype here regarding Minecraft U. Just a bunch of negativity as per usual. :4megaman:

I, for one, am delighted that I can now play Minecraft on the Wii U. My Xbox is dying, so at least I can reobtain Minecraft once my Xbox hits the sack.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Fallout 4 is love, Fallout 4 is life! But it is also!

Death!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
OK let me explain it more clearly I said that because sakurai will have a little better mind set for a moveset etc
I'm not sure how coming out on Wii U will really affect the chances of Steve getting in, or how it'll help Sakurai make a better moveset.

We talkin Fallout 4? Cause I love Fallout 4. Just started doing a few quests for the Institute.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That feeling when you focused on the numerical questions and the question paper is a largely a theory-based paper.

I almost felt that the teacher was trolling us. Heh. Ah well, I did good enough anyway.

:231:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Baiting
Xenoblade Chronicles was a shallow mishmash of cliches and weird plot devices yet weeaboos praise it constantly. I'm surprised to hear that X has mixed reviews considering how the first game set the bar so low. Maybe fans of the first game were too distracted by the rounded British voice over cast to notice that they actually say "Monado" over two thousand times by the end of the first act. Maybe the second game doesn't have something as superficial as a cool accent to distract its demographic from the game's flaws.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom