• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy talking about Steve in smash time for Lame-u Hakurei's two cents that no one particularly asked for.

Alright so Smash has always had a very "childhood" sort of feel? Basically when I think of characters for smash there's a certain character I keep in mind. This character is a kid and I think of the Smash roster as sort of this kid's toybox, if that makes sense.
When I think of characters that fit or not I think "Is the kid who would play this game today the same kind of kid as this fictional Smash kid?" And when I think of a kid who would play Minecraft I don't really think of this fictional kid. Now you may say "What about literally :4wiifit:?" And to be honest not only does this kid enjoy maybe some more obscure titles, but I think he has a good sense of humor as well, Wii Fit Trainer works because they're kinda from like a not-game-game if that makes sense. There's something childishly charming about it.
There are a lot of "ironic" characters that personally I really don't find charming, at least not in the same way.
I think Snake fit in alright, and to be honest I don't think he's ironic at all. This kid probably played Metal Gear on his NES that he obviously has. I think gritty-serious-dudes-that-I-can't-think-of-right-now wouldn't really fit unless they come from somewhere around the NES era. Simon Belmont is awesome. Ryu Hayabusa? Never played Ninja Gaiden, but I reckon this kid did. However maybe some of the more recent of gaming's tough guys I couldn't see in Smash.

Smash to me is like a childhood wonder land, and I just couldn't see a kid with this kind of childhood/roster/game collection thinking that Minecraft would fit in their Smash universe they've dreamt up.

Maybe none of this makes sense, I don't know. I'm not going to proofread this.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's pretty silly because Minecraft has won "best kid's game" or something to that effect multiple years in a row while MGS and FF7 had some pretty explicit sexual content.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty silly because Minecraft has won "best kid's game" or something to that effect multiple years in a row while MGS and FF7 had some pretty explicit sexual content.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, BUT this kid seems like a pretty mature kid. When I think of a lot of the kids who play Minecraft I don't think of a pretty mature kid. (JUST SAYIN.) Tons of people can say that they play those games "when they were kids." I think this kid probably plays those games too. I dunno maybe I'm not arguing this correctly, sometimes my ideas are hard to get out. : c

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh boy talking about Steve in smash time for Lame-u Hakurei's two cents that no one particularly asked for.

Alright so Smash has always had a very "childhood" sort of feel? Basically when I think of characters for smash there's a certain character I keep in mind. This character is a kid and I think of the Smash roster as sort of this kid's toybox, if that makes sense.
When I think of characters that fit or not I think "Is the kid who would play this game today the same kind of kid as this fictional Smash kid?" And when I think of a kid who would play Minecraft I don't really think of this fictional kid. Now you may say "What about literally :4wiifit:?" And to be honest not only does this kid enjoy maybe some more obscure titles, but I think he has a good sense of humor as well, Wii Fit Trainer works because they're kinda from like a not-game-game if that makes sense. There's something childishly charming about it.
There are a lot of "ironic" characters that personally I really don't find charming, at least not in the same way.
I think Snake fit in alright, and to be honest I don't think he's ironic at all. This kid probably played Metal Gear on his NES that he obviously has. I think gritty-serious-dudes-that-I-can't-think-of-right-now wouldn't really fit unless they come from somewhere around the NES era. Simon Belmont is awesome. Ryu Hayabusa? Never played Ninja Gaiden, but I reckon this kid did. However maybe some of the more recent of gaming's tough guys I couldn't see in Smash.

Smash to me is like a childhood wonder land, and I just couldn't see a kid with this kind of childhood/roster/game collection thinking that Minecraft would fit in their Smash universe they've dreamt up.

Maybe none of this makes sense, I don't know. I'm not going to proofread this.
I'm sorry, this doesn't make sense :V

D

Deleted member

Wow people in this thread are really upset over Minecraft U.

I'm just happy it's releasing on a system I'm currently breaking in, especially so soon.

If it somehow got Nintendo texture packs, all the better.

Like, is this entire thread in the Minecraft Vs. Terraria war and salty that Microsoft ninja'd 505 Games?

Did they mistake Minecraft for Undertale?
I'm "okay" with it. I don't care much for Minecraft to begin with, but I know a lot of people do. If anything, supporting more platforms is better, I guess. It does sound weird that Microsoft is letting their game be available on competing platforms, but then you get this:

Phil Spencer said:
At Microsoft, we believe in the power of content to unite people. Minecraft adds diversity to our game portfolio and helps us reach new gamers across multiple platforms. Gaming is the top activity across devices and we see great potential to continue to grow the Minecraft community and nurture the franchise. That is why we plan to continue to make Minecraft available across platforms - including iOS, Android and PlayStation, in addition to Xbox and PC.

That was back when Mojang announced they were getting purchased by Microsoft in September.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm "okay" with it. I don't care much for Minecraft to begin with, but I know a lot of people do. If anything, supporting more platforms is better, I guess. It does sound weird that Microsoft is letting their game be available on competing platforms, but then you get this:

That was back when Mojang announced they were getting purchased by Microsoft in September.
Now if only Microsoft felt the same about Halo ~
I thirst for Halo 5 and I don't have an XBone to quench it

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Yeah, yeah, yeah, BUT this kid seems like a pretty mature kid. When I think of a lot of the kids who play Minecraft I don't think of a pretty mature kid. (JUST SAYIN.) Tons of people can say that they play those games "when they were kids." I think this kid probably plays those games too. I dunno maybe I'm not arguing this correctly, sometimes my ideas are hard to get out. : c
If he's so mature, why does this kid own a complete set of Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon, and Kirby toys?

Introducing Steve won't hurt the Smash roster anymore than :jigglypuff64: did.

Last edited:

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Yeah no I'll just give up . . .

Can't say the stuff I wanna, just ends up dumb.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*sigh* Yeah no I'll just give up . . .

Can't say the stuff I wanna, just ends up dumb.
I managed to read your stuff on mobile, and it makes sense to me

----

regarding the possibility Steve in Smash, well.... I would save money by not downloading him

Furret24

Smash Master
Wow, people accepted the Steve in Smash idea a lot more willingly then I expected. In the space of a month he's went from a meme to being accepted as possible.
Well, now he's atleast on a Nintendo system.

I was never really against him to begin with. :/

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wow, people accepted the Steve in Smash idea a lot more willingly then I expected. In the space of a month he's went from a meme to being accepted as possible.
I was never against the idea. Actually I'm not against the idea of a lot of characters being in Smash

Morbi

Scavenger
I wish to dub this phenomenon... The Cloud Effect. Look at me, sounding like a meteorologist-philosopher hybrid that is not particularly great at either of them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im pretty open with many characters in Smash; my dumb fantasy is seeing Touhou stuff
But some charcters would annoy me if they get in but that's just because my tastes/opinions

On other stuff; I got a Mewtwo amiibo randomly :076:

Morbi

Scavenger
Im pretty open with many characters in Smash; my dumb fantasy is seeing Touhou stuff
But some charcters would annoy me if they get in but that's just because my tastes/opinions

On other stuff; I got a Mewtwo amiibo randomly :076:
I agree wholeheartedly. I am open to many characters, but some would annoy me based on my opinions. Seems legit.

I got a Mewtwo Amiibo not randomly. :150:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The only thing that can ruin Smash Bros. for me is if Captain Falcon was removed from the game.

I need to swag on my opponents while racking up the amount of SDs per match.

D

Deleted member

He's certainly not as impossible as joke characters such as Goku and Shrek. My thoughts would be kind of "eh..." but I can't really say anything about it.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only thing that can ruin Smash Bros. for me is if Captain Falcon was removed from the game.

I need to swag on my opponents while racking up the amount of SDs per match.
I would still have Ganondorf for that. So the only thing that could ruin Smash Brothers for me would be if Captain Falcon AND Ganondorf were removed from the game.

Morbi

Scavenger
I could see like maybe a mii outfit at most on top of a stage.
Perhaps, I am having great difficulty picturing a Mii wearing a Minecraft outfit. Basically I am imagining just pixels for days! It will probably happen and I actually want it to just to see what it looks like.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Perhaps, I am having great difficulty picturing a Mii wearing a Minecraft outfit. Basically I am imagining just pixels for days! It will probably happen and I actually want it to just to see what it looks like.
Yeah it'd be weird but it'd be kinda cool.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just want Pichu. Steve would be horrifying don't get me wrong, but if Pichu was there then everything would be slightly better. Kinda like a bandage.

ShadowPho3nix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pho3nixWizard
3DS FC
2105-9806-7393
Well if I had to choose between Steve and Pichu then yes I'd choose Pichu.
Steve probably just flat-out wouldn't work in smash. Unless they make him a link clone, which will probably make actual Minecraft fans mad. He'd probably be more suited for Rivals of Aether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom