• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Probably until the promised Smash video that's coming this month
PalKoopa could also use it for things like '2016 hype', 'Cliff birthday hype' and so on. I'm not saying it should be like the NintenZone Social with Swamp in every title, but it's a possibility.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
PalKoopa could also use it for things like '2016 hype', 'Cliff birthday hype' and so on. I'm not saying it should be like the NintenZone Social with Swamp in every title, but it's a possibility.
Yeah, but first of all, 2016 isn't for three weeks and three days, and secondly my birthday's not for months. And thirdly, Christmas precedes both.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yeah, but all things considered, the next thing worth that much hype is probably gonna be the Smash News video Nintendo promised for this month.
Eh, as I already said, he could use hype in the same way as the NintenZone Social uses Swamp. Just a random or not-so-random title with hype at the end.
I mean, it's not that everyone in this thread is hyped for Minecraft U for example.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Eh, as I already said, he could use hype in the same way as the NintenZone Social uses Swamp. Just a random or not-so-random title with hype at the end.
I mean, it's not that everyone in this thread is hyped for Minecraft U for example.
I guess you do have a point. I'm not too hyped for Minecraft U myself, I'm only hyped to see that Microsoft is willing to let Nintendo port some of their stuff.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow people in this thread are really upset over Minecraft U.

I'm just happy it's releasing on a system I'm currently breaking in, especially so soon.

If it somehow got Nintendo texture packs, all the better.

Like, is this entire thread in the Minecraft Vs. Terraria war and salty that Microsoft ninja'd 505 Games?

Did they mistake Minecraft for Undertale?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think there will be big Nintendo news when I wake up tomorrow.
Or was this already the big news? Only my Minecraft fan brother will buy this game on the Wii U.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like this name. :laugh:

So, you're suggesting to make HYYYYYYYE this thread's running joke, like Holy '________', Batman? Fine by me. :p
We already have the upcoming Smash news, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's 'HYYYYYYYE'.

:231:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I like this name. :laugh:

So, you're suggesting to make HYYYYYYYE this thread's running joke, like Holy '________', Batman? Fine by me. :p
We already have the upcoming Smash news, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's 'HYYYYYYYE'.

Well, you're everybody's pal, after all. :p

And I'm not suggesting anything. I only said you could keep the word 'hype' in the title if you wanted to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Minecraft getting a Wii-U port could be seen as fairly big news. Seeing as how popular the game still is. Though I was under the impression that Microsoft owns the license now. I mean, when they still let Rare make a few GBA games early on, that was somewhat understandable. They saw the handheld market as a different beast and didn't have their own handheld console(and still don't).

Just seems a bit strange to have a game technically owned by Microsoft not be exclusive to them. But a PS4 version does exist, so while it's still really strange it isn't a new thing.

That said I can't say I'm all that excited about it. I just want to know when the Smash Broadcast is supposed to be announced. Maybe a release date for Cloud or something.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
NeoGAF went ******* when they first heard of that. But it kind of makes sense as the original game came out in three discs.
well, the thing is.....

idk, but I did played half of that game and......

for a full priced game, it certainly worth it.

But for the price of 3?......not sure.

Add that the CAN$ sucks......yeah.....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh dude, Minecraft Wii U'd finally been confirmed? Hell yes, You bet your ass I'm hype for this! Now, so long as it stays up to date, this is gonna be a great opportunity for me to prepare selling my Xbox, which is the only system I have Minecraft.

December is such an epic month this year. Samurai Jack, Smash Direct and Pokemon Big News- amongst other things. It's really something, to be honest.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Final Fantasy VII remake will be episodic. I think the game will have more than one disc. This might be a good idea since the game will very large.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-07-final-fantasy-7-remake-is-episodic
Yeah, I'm hoping that it's multiple discs for the game, in a similar vein to the original version of FF7. This is one the major things Sqaure has that can put them in people's favor again. If it's releasing the different parts of the game, piece by piece, people are likely going to be pissed, and that's understandable.

Although many people are split on the combat no longer being turn-based. I can't say how I'll feel on that until we see more of the game. I think turn based RPGs can be fun. Though I prefer ones where your reactions and timing are necessary to do your best. Think the timing of your attacks in Mario and Luigi games. Or properly maneuvering around the stage in the Mega Man Battle Network games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Wait just a blessed moment. The Skyrim mash-up pack is gonna be DLC for Minecraft U? That's really cool- so now TES has some form of content on the Wii U as well.

Is the Wii U strong enough to even handle Skyrim? I'm not saying it's happening- I'm just wondering.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Warchamp said on Twitter that the Wii U is the cheapest way to go 0 to Minecraft, since getting a PC that can run that pile of Java takes 300 bucks.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Minecraft for Wii U? No thanks, already have the PC and iOS versions.

The PC version is still amazing for multiplayer, I still return every now and then and still have a blast on some servers.

D

Deleted member

Wait just a blessed moment. The Skyrim mash-up pack is gonna be DLC for Minecraft U? That's really cool- so now TES has some form of content on the Wii U as well.

Is the Wii U strong enough to even handle Skyrim? I'm not saying it's happening- I'm just wondering.
The processing power is almost the same (if not the exact same) as Xbox 360 and PS3. It should run fine.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Warchamp said on Twitter that the Wii U is the cheapest way to go 0 to Minecraft, since getting a PC that can run that pile of Java takes 300 bucks.
Why is Minecraft written in Java anyway? Java is seriously slow and vulnerable compared to C++.

I'll admit this announcement is enticing me to try out MineCraft myself. Probably later.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
But what if Steve instead gets in?
I'd honestly be surprised, Banjo has a much bigger following and I think it'd be a bit late if we're supposed to know the last few characters in December. Personally though, I really don't want to see Steve, he just doesn't really stand up to the fame Banjo had in my eyes.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why is Minecraft written in Java anyway? Java is seriously slow and vulnerable compared to C++.

I'll admit this announcement is enticing me to try out MineCraft myself. Probably later.

I think it was just easier at the time. But now that it blown up so big it needs a change of code

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Minecraft on Wii U is nice, and since Nintendo content has been promised (according to Nintendolife) I'm considering getting it over just playing it on my PS3. The price is ehhh but it beats buying more PS3 controllers.

What's kinda weird to me is that Nintendo has it listed as 4-player local instead of 5... Which may mean you can't have one person on the TV and another on the gamepad, or it's just capped at 4 because of hardware limitations. It'd be a bummer if you couldn't...

Another thing to note is that every version of Minecraft to date has had a demo. If you're on the fence chances are pretty good that you'll get to try it on release.

The Nintendo content... At worst we get Nintendo themes or amiibo costumes. At best, we get custom game modes with the themes that change the game to function more like Mario, Zelda, Metroid and the like. Which admittedly is a stretch but it'd certainly bring nonfans over to Minecraft.

Also Steve in Smash. :troll: Actually after Cloud I'd say his chances wouldn't of been bad without Minecraft on Wii U, between the ballot and how big the series is. Now he's probably more likely then Shantae and Shovel Knight combined.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Also Steve in Smash. :troll: Actually after Cloud I'd say his chances wouldn't of been bad without Minecraft on Wii U, between the ballot and how big the series is. Now he's probably more likely then Shantae and Shovel Knight combined.
The problem with this is to think about the ballot votes. How many of us genuinely would have voted Steve as our #1 pick to get in smash? (Excluding "troll" votes.)

Also, moveset. What would the moveset even be?

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Minecraft on Wii U is nice, and since Nintendo content has been promised (according to Nintendolife) I'm considering getting it over just playing it on my PS3. The price is ehhh but it beats buying more PS3 controllers.

What's kinda weird to me is that Nintendo has it listed as 4-player local instead of 5... Which may mean you can't have one person on the TV and another on the gamepad, or it's just capped at 4 because of hardware limitations. It'd be a bummer if you couldn't...

Another thing to note is that every version of Minecraft to date has had a demo. If you're on the fence chances are pretty good that you'll get to try it on release.

The Nintendo content... At worst we get Nintendo themes or amiibo costumes. At best, we get custom game modes with the themes that change the game to function more like Mario, Zelda, Metroid and the like. Which admittedly is a stretch but it'd certainly bring nonfans over to Minecraft.

I could only see that happening if it's simple stuff like adding mushrooms that make you bigger, or a special sword that when you're at full HP shoots projectiles. Sorta like what Tekken did when it came to Wii U. After that, it'll be too much effort for too little reward.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Three times during a match on splatoon I got splatted and when it went to the splat cam of who took me out they fell off the stage into water below. Twice was even the same dude!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The problem with this is to think about the ballot votes. How many of us genuinely would have voted Steve as our #1 pick to get in smash? (Excluding "troll" votes.)

Also, moveset. What would the moveset even be?
Judging from Miiverse, he was legitimately voted for. Maybe not in Japan... But then consider that Cloud was in a similar spot overseas. They could both be ballot characters, and Wolf would fill that last spot in the data.

Probably something akin to Pac-Mac or Villager but with placing blocks of different types. Shoving an ice block across the stage, placing the bumper-like slime blocks, or even just typical dirt blocks as obstacles supplemented with a variety of CQC weapons such as swords, wood axes, pickaxes, shovels and even hoes. There's loads more to work with then K. Rool and the like, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom