• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Smash 4. Miles Warehouse II 2-4 Jan - Pre-register by the 30th please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

earla

Smash Lord
who's to'ing smash 4?

can someone private message me their mobz number.cheers.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
****, I forgot to register while I was away (mainly on the issue wasn't sure if I was going to be back in time, didn't want to pay for nothing and a little extra means nothing.)
Does that mean I won't be able to enter on site tomorrow now that the pools are organized?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Dogivet you should still be able to pay on the day before the tournament starts but doubles isn't possible anymore due to a bracket being made already.

I have a few friends entering on the day so you should be good for pools =)

You will have to pay a bigger venue fee though sadly =/

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Ohh good, cheers for clarifying that.

Not worried about doubles so that's alright, but I saw some Byes on the pool listings for (smash 4) singles after posting, just wanted to be reassured, and a fee is a fee not an issue.

Thanks again.

FrostyFlakes

Smash Rookie
Hi all, this will be my first smash event so please excuse me if I'm asking something that may have already been asked somewhere else.

Just wondering what's the estimated venue open time for Saturday? I plan on going early just to avoid the mid-day heat since it's gonna be a whopping 41 degrees Q__Q and I have to PT from western suburbs,I am also willing to help around with setup.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
41 degrees wat????
Venue opens at 8am apparently.

Where from western suburbs are you traveling from?

FrostyFlakes

Smash Rookie
41 degrees wat????
Venue opens at 8am apparently.

Where from western suburbs are you traveling from?

Yeah brother 41 degrees with a chance of rain aswell T__T

All the way in Delahey probably takes me like an hour to get there via PT I think

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm practically in delahey. If my car wasn't full I would offer to drive you.
Do you play melee? Smash4? Both?

FrostyFlakes

Smash Rookie
I'm practically in delahey. If my car wasn't full I would offer to drive you.
Do you play melee? Smash4? Both?
Haha all good, only play smash 4 well I only have it on 3DS don't even have a wii u myself but oh well just gonna go this event for the experience :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey all. Great seeing so many of you yesterday (and meeting some new people) before I head off. Super proud how big the Aus scene's gotten since its humble birth all those years ago. Will miss Aus Smash and the many awesome people involved in it. Hope today goes well + all the best to everyone.

Shaz.

FrostyFlakes

Smash Rookie
Well it was an enjoyable experience for a first time, made it passed pools for smash 4 sadly didn't get to make it due to sleeping in until 2PM my gamertag was 'Jem'

Might be going to the ranking battles on the 24th of Jan if I have time due to complications may have with work and all :(

Thanks everyone for the welcoming and enjoyable experience hopefully will attend in future events!

S.D

Smash Master
GJ to all organisers/helpers/players etc.

Good sequel to the sleeper hit of 2014.

GGs to that Marth main that beat me, and for handing me my first ever 4 stock in tournament.

Izzago

Gotta do some shoutouts... Probably gonna miss a bunch because I'm lame. Anyway, I worked the desk for a lot of the Saturday and I have to say that I've never been so stressed out in my life. I can't say I expected to have to do so much when I crawled out of bed that morning, but I'm glad I did. It was great experience, and I'd like to think I did an alright job. Thanks to everyone for listening to what I had to say and following my instructions, as well as your patience.

@ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy , man, let's be honest... This was PCG's Warehouse. You took control, and stayed consistent. Even when things were screwed up, you kept on top of stuff. Sorry for the mistakes I made, hopefully I didn't screw too much up. Was great working the desk with you, I think we both learned a lot about how to run a tournament at this one. Here's to next time.

@ Meredy Meredy it was cool teaming with you. We'll have to do it again sometime if we get the chance. Marth/Peach has so much potential, we just have to find our footing.

@ S.D S.D , I really appreciate the respect you showed me by offering to play me in a set of PM after I was DQ'd for being late. I'd never made it out of pools in anything before, so it was good to at least have something to make it worth it. It was a fun set too, and I was stoked when you complimented my Roy. I seriously look forward to playing again in the future, I always learn a lot.

@Dekar289 how good is random all-star? Probably the most fun I've ever had playing PM, even though we managed to freeze some poor dudes Wii twice. All things considered, those were some close games. I'll get you next time, count on it.

Same to Samuel L Blaxon. Random All Star hype. As you said, its great when you walk away from a match, win or lose, smiling and wishing it never had to end. Next time we'll hopefully avoid too much Ice Climbers... Although I didn't mind so much when you got them!

Congrats to Hyes for finally beating me in tournament. You earned it man, seriously. Outplayed me right off the bat. Keep playing like that and I think I'll be playing catch up from now on.

@DD_ Its always cool to play you. Not sure how you do it, but you always get me to play over aggressive. I promise I'll beat you some time, and I'm sure Hyes will give you a proper run for your money in the future.

@ Skeletom Skeletom I know say it every tournament, but thanks again. Its impossible to walk away feeling crappy about losing a set to you. If they ever run doubles at a monthly again, we should team up. I'd learn a lot from that.

@Atticus Thanks again for everything. I have been playing much better recently and a lot of that has to do with the help you've been giving me over the past half year or so. I hope we get to play some friendlies next tournament, I want to see how much I've improved, and to learn a lot more from you.

@Sw0rds sorry about amateur bracket man. We had some real issues with that. Its okay though, you played way better in our second game, and I think if that was game 1 you would have taken the set. We'll have to play some more next time your at a tournament.

@ Attila_ Attila_ saved Smash 4 from peril, so everyone who entered Smash 4 should really be thanking him too. Thanks for taking control like that and basically forcing the tournament forward. There's no way things would have worked out the way they did without it. And even with everything going on, you still managed to give me some awesome tips to improve in Melee. Can't thank you enough, seriously.

Thanks for setting it all up Miles. Seriously, destroyed it. That Fox is getting scary to the top players now dude, so good to see.

@ Hardpelicn Hardpelicn , aced the stream. You are without a doubt an asset to the community, and we are seriously indebted to you. Respect.

@joeyjoeyjoejoe Its always fun to hang out, even if it was only for a short time at this one. See you at the Ranking Battle.

@MGK So good to see a Ganondorf climbing the ranks. I'll never be salty if you beat me, because Ganondorf is such a badass, he pretty much deserves to win. Please keep it up at least until you start destroying people.

There's a bunch more people who deserve a shoutout, but my brain is shutting down about now. So just... Thanks, you all made this tournament one of the best I've ever been to.

Cheers,
IZZAGO

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
My first tournament back in a while and glad to be back :). Was awesome seeing people I haven't seen in a long time again, although many new faces I'll have to learn xD. (didn't recognise 70% of the people there o.o). Will do a few shoutouts soon :)

Only problem I had was smash 4 having no speakers. We'll need to get a few of those if HDMI TV's are laggy or whatever. (didn't think they were, or I never noticed lag on mine.)

Updating later :3

Meredy

The Busterina
Really cool tournament. Super happy with how I played and all the cool sets I got to play~ <3

SHOUTOUTS BECAUSE I'M ORIGINAL

PCG and Miles: Really nice job with this, had an absolute blast. It was well worth the utter exhaustion and headaches I received as a result of so little sleep and so much travel.
Tommy: That was the single most intense game I've ever played in my life, dood. As I said it's always nice to play you and I can't wait for the next time we meet in bracket.
Dekar: Congrats on teh wins. Also for once can I please play a top player other than you? You're boring.
Leisha: A-tier hugs.
Mytus: S-tier hugs.
Smopup: Frickin' CPUs mang. Seriously though, so amazing to finally see you and the other QLDers again. I'VE MISSED YOU GUYS~
Phrase: ^
Izzago: Thanks for the teaming br0s3ph, and the moneymatch. How was the free $5? Also put that DK away.
Mr. Game & Watch: Top tier in melee.
Mytus again: Next time you're down here I want to date you pl0x.

I'm too dead to think right now so I'll probs edit more in later.

Anders

Smash Rookie
I'm still not really feeling well enough to play much at all, but I watched both days of this tournament and it got me so hyped to feel better so I can play Melee again. asdsgfhgfhjkj

Joey/Mytus were both great on commentary. I think you were the only people to receive criticism from the chat, but it was just like one or two non-Australians and they don't really understand the community. You guys did really well, same with smopup, atilla, and pretty much everybody else who sat down for it. Shoutouts to PCGsports for that hickey comment. 10/10.

Was really impressed with the play as well.

Redact you were on fire. Even had a few non-Australians in the chat thinking you were better than Dekar.

SD/Dekar always sick to watch. Pretty sure you guys both 4 stocked each other in the grand final. Super hype.

Smopup was entertaining to watch as always. Those last two stocks against Blaxon were amazing.

I've always been a non-believer in falcon, but skeletom makes me feel the fear.

Also Splice, when you sat down on commentary after your loss, it was clear from a few comments you made that you knew exactly what you could improve on. Usually when people commentate just after losing they're super salty, but I was sitting here taking notes because you have a really good mindset for improving.

I have more to say but it's probs weird af for somebody to give shoutouts when they weren't even there. I'm just sick of being sick and am super hyped to get back into the game again. Aside from a few stream issues which were either resolved by restarting or were unavoidable (frame drops), it was a really great tournament. Props to everybody involved.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
big nice long man strong post
dude i was thinking about you just the other day, you keep getting sick, stop doing that dude we still need to have that falcon v fox mm!

I also got a message from wife: "nice falco"

proper shoutouts to come soon vote #1 wife

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Fantastic tournament. Props to all that organised it. It was the biggest tournament I've ever attended and while I did not feel like I played very well this weekend (my placings suffered because of it) the fact that I met lots of nice people and finally got to see my Melbourne netplay friends in person made traveling from New South Wales worth it.

Shoutouts

@mask1n Nice to finally meet you man! Grats on the placings for both Melee and Project M. It was a pleasure to play friendlies against you and I enjoyed hanging out with you for lunch and dinner. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

@Fudge9 Woah man, you blew through this tournament. Congratulations on the placing and your rapid improvement. Was really great playing games with you and talking about stuff throughout the weekend. We should hang out sometime while I'm still in Melbourne.

@DD_ Yo man, nice to see you in person. Was a pleasure hanging out with and discussing various things. Had a blast commentating with you and I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon and training up our characters in PM.

@Tomo009 Hey man, was nice meeting you in person! I didn't get to see too much of your games or play any with you but I hope you enjoyed yourself.

@Tyler Was nice playing games with you dude. Your Snake has good amounts of solid tech and I'm looking forward to see what you can do in the future.

@ Redact Redact Nice to meet you man. We didn't get many chances to talk but I watched your games and you performed well. Props to you :)

@Dekar Grats on the first place winnings in both Melee and Project M. Was nice talking to you over the course of the weekend. I hope to see you again at Couch Warriors before you head off to APEX. :D

@Muscat I had heaps of fun playing friendlies with you over the course of the weekend. I hope you enjoyed yourself and I'll see you again at BAM or ACL!

@ NeoTurtle NeoTurtle Was cool hanging out with you Dom, mad props to your effort to get all the PM stuff worked out and the equipment for the streaming even though it wasn't used. You're an awesome dude to chill with and I hope we get to meet again soon.

@ Hardpelicn Hardpelicn Yo man, nice to meet you in person finally! Was a shame that we didn't really get to play any games outside of Melee and I hope that we get to play some in PM sometime soon. Mad props to your supply of all the streaming equipment.

@ dreadtech dreadtech A special HUGE thanks to my man here Dreadtech for housing me for the weekend and driving me around. I might not have been able to attend this tournament if it weren't for this guy and I owe him a lot.

Thanks all for a great weekend. I'm still here until the 10th of February and I plan to attend as many meets as possible while also coming to the Couch Warriors monthly and Shadowloo 6. Gunna grind tech skill all the while. See you all then!

Last edited:

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Star: I liked your sonic a lot, good stuff

Hardpelicn: Please stop kneeing me

Dekar: Please stop stomping me

Shaz: Thanks for the chats, I'll miss you buddy.

Cats: Get good

Fudge: I've been playing Roy in Vic for a decade now, don't think you can just waltz in and steal t3h ph1r3. MM @ SS6?

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Thanks everyone for the awesome weekend, it's been a while since I've been to a tourney, so definitely fun to catch up and get my ass whooped all weekend! :D - Was feeling very sapped of energy as lack of sleep+heat wrecked me, so if I fell asleep watching your set, or ******* out and played Jiggs, I'm sorry.

Stream went relatively well imo, a few little things I'm still gonna work on for SS and BAM. 4g worked pretty well, unfortunately Optus still has congestion issues! D:
I'll be re-streaming the entire event from home this Thursday, so we can get flawless vods and I'll be uploading to Youtube starting Friday, and hopefully finishing up next week.
Please follow and share;
http://twitch.tv/MelbourneMelee
http://youtube.com/user/MelbourneMelee
https://twitter.com/MelbourneMelee

@Dekar289 Grats on the win man! Plenty of highlight worthy material recorded over the weekend, and the PM allstar matches were amazing! :D - Please wreck everyone at APEX - double 4stock Mattdotzeb plz, that's all I want.

@ S.D S.D Good show man, the Falcon ditto's in PM were good fun, really made me realise how badly I approach this game sometimes, just keep giving you every opportunity to throw me off stage when my approaches aren't even remotely viable half the time :D - BL on the last set in Melee, but great show by Splice and yourself, I love doubles so much now, and you two do some funky ****!

@ Splice Splice Nice consistant placing again man, I don't think we played Melee outside of doubles this weekend, and sorry for halfassing our PM bracket match, I was getting outplayed from the first second and we all knew it :p - Really wanna see what you can do with your PM GnW. Your Falco is looking more and more amazing every time I see you play, I'm way too far behind now to put up much pressure, 2smart4me.

@Noxus sucks our PM pools match wasn't recorded, stupidest **** I saw all weekend. You keep beating me in Melee man, hurts my feelings, imma just go Jiggs for now, at least until you learn to properly punish a missed rest :p

@Juci One day we'll start taking serious games in doubles, IT'S GONNA HAPPEN, idk when, but when it does, it'll be amazing! Your new house sounds awesome, let me move in and we'll play Melee 4ever'n'ever.

@smopup Awesome catching up again man, your Fox astounds me, so fast, can't cope. Gotta keep working on your Falco matchup though, hurts to see you get wrecked by @ Redact Redact like that. Keen to see you again at Buttonsmash, teach me more swag, that's all I really care about anyway. :D

@Mytus Yeaaaa, Jeremy! So consistent man, playing out your MM's like a boss and not succumbing to the crowd pressure! Took a solid game off Dekar, take that and run with it! haha. Always keen to chill with you man, and always have a spot at my place if you wanna come crash for a tourney!

@phrase 2 Majors in a row and we get stuck in the same pool, sucks seeing you have a slow start to the weekend, but fun vsing you regardless. Hope you had a great weekend anyway, you're always awesome to chat with, you have this great perspective of the game, and your face lights up like no-one elses does when Smopup or Dekar started smashing out combo's. STILL can't believe I lived in Nambour for 10 years and we never played. Hope to see you at Buttonsmash dude!

@ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss , G$ and Jimbo - Come to more Melb stuff, you're all awesome! :D See you all at Buttonsmash.

@ Plasia Plasia You deserve those knees! You're Mario really took me by surprise though, Calling you out now for a PM Roy ditto MM at SS6 though, get ready!

Star : Cool finally meeting you man, sucks we didn't get to play outside Melee, but we will at some point in the next month. Shattered seeing you lose to Plasia, could've vsed in bracket if you took that game, THAT would've been awesome. SS6 though, we vs in bracket or that MM is gonna happen! Or Dread's house, whatever lol.

@milestaf @ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy Thanks for an awesome weekend, THANKS HEAPS for providing internet for the stream. I know it wasn't cheap but you guys were happy to drop money to experiment for the sake of the community. Ran a very smooth tournament the whole weekend, I was skeptical that we were gonna finish on time, but you showed me wrong! Miles, your Fox is getting legit, MM me next time we meet, no excuse. PCG, stop playing Jiggs FARK.

Shoutouts to the awesome SA guys that made the trip, Nick got an impressive 9th, Nikes with his 5th in PM (Could've gone further imo, but Fudge has some serious Yoshi MU knowledge in his head!) and everyone else I can't remember 'cause I'm fkin ******** when it comes to remembering names.

AND everyone else I forgot <3, I'm still tired and at work, so I should at least pretend to do something important.

Basty

Smash Ace
I didn't attend but shoutouts to Joey for banning me on MelbouneMelee great work man
But seriously though the stream was great, good job Max on running it.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I had lots of fun playing Super Smash Brothers

Mytus: #1 QLD homie. I reckon if I learnt the MU a bit more I reckon I could beat you ;)

Miles: GJ on running this thing man. Grats on the successful tourney and lets rekt n00bs at cs

PCG: bl during our set, I know you where stressed out from handling the majority of the workload to make this tourney happen. Although I still think you'll beat me in the near future, it'll be a lot closer than it has been previously.

Fudge: Amazing work getting 4th, and our set was a great set like always, but I'm not gonna let you take the next one from me hey?

Dekar: say thanks to randall you lucky ****

HoC crew (- Bu$ btw you ****ing suck for not coming) Awesome seeing you guys like always. Juc get good pl0x

Nikes: Great meeting you dude! ty for the friendlies on Sat and unfortunately I didn't play as well against you for our set.

Really pleased with how this tournament went, pulled some upsets and really felt my improvement against players who usually **** me (ie. 2014 was getting ***** by sd but in tournament this time it was just an average 2 stock each game)

2015's gonna be a big one for me bois

Last edited:

NeoTurtle

Smash Rookie
solid weekend boiz

Miles and PCG: can't say enough thanks and respect for organising the whole thing, and then how well it turned out even despite all the inconveniences and nonsense that managed to occur in pools and bracket, solid job all around boys
Dread: cheers again boss for giving me lifts in the ol dreadmobile and leting me crash at yours, ill make it up to you sometime dread-san
Star: always super cool metting netplay dudes, especially ones that are chill as
Muscat: it was cool meeting you waking up at dread's lmao, also holy shet i need to see your games with mytus and noxus
Fudge: dont even need to say anything like holy goddamn that was bananas
Hobs: nice money match man, rematch in pm at ss/bam?
Alex: super good seeing you again man, see you at ss or bam or whatever!
Sadi: we'd never really spoken, cool to find out you're a really chill dude!

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to:

First shout out to Attila: That defeat you handed me really helped me realise how much i needed to improve my mental state. That loss put me in the right headspace to go through losers. But trust me when I say it won't happen again :p

SA Nick: Keep getting better man. From what I've heard you've been improving at a phenomenal rate and I feel like our set wasn't a proper representation of your skill level. I look forward to playing you again in tournament.

JoyousOne/Pikajazz: Good to see you again but you should actually change your tag to Pikajizz :D

Joey: A tournament without your constant abuse/advice isn't worth attending. Also, good work with organising commentary. despite your misgivings you do a great job and I know the community appreciates it.

Billy: Didn't seem like you were playing your game. I know if you had been our set wouldn't have been close. We'll do it again at SS.

Spup: Always good to see you man. Was fun getting on commentary with you. Kinda bummed that we haven't played in tournament recently :\ Hopefully that can be corrected at buttonsmash.

Zorsy/Julian: Double falcon got wrecked pretty hard but our last set was really fun. Always happy to chill you.

Leisha: Was great to see another old face coming back to beautiful game.

Any other Interstaters: It was great meeting everyone (Russel, Jimbo, Muscat, flowrats, sorry if i've left your name out) and i look forward to catching you all again the next time round.

Dekar: Congrats on the win. Your sets with Sam are the only ones that i've ever seen you pop off about which makes them that more exciting.

Redact: No two ways about it. You ****ing bopped me.

SD: Always love watching your fox on point. I'll grab a few more friendlies with you next time.

HOC Crew: **** you bus.

To everyone else thanks heaps for a great weekend and here's to the Year of the Falcon!

Last edited:

JKTS

Smash Cadet
Woah, shortest splice shoutouts ever.

Holy ****, amazing weekend, had a great time. Next time maybe everyone pre register though, kay? Huge thanks to miles for making it happen and even huger thanks to PCG for putting in all the legwork also to Max, Joey, Jei, Attilla, Izzago, Dread and anyone else who helped out and made **** happen. Apologies to anyone I or anyone else DQ'd but you gotta show up on time and stick around, even if things are running late.

SANick: Nice work in the bracket & crew battle. Flow Rats told me about your meteoric rise. Blown away dude, I don't know how you got so good so quick.

Flow Rats: Nice work man, you did good. It was awesome having you stay here. Sorry for being a **** host and not picking you up and stuff. I'll get in the lab and we'll have a rematch at BAM, yeah?

Redact: Amazing. Never seen you play so good, it was nuts.

Blaxxon: Nice work making top 8 dude, nice to see a peach get up there, sorry I couldn't pose more of a challenge. Thanks for the advice on peach dittos and everything, it'll be good to play some more next time (if you can stomach more dittos)

Dekar: Gratz on the win m8. Amazing four stock, I don't even. Feel like I got away with a lot in our set that I shouldn't have, don't go easy on me man. JV5 me. I can take it.

Attila: Grats on beating tom and making it pretty far. Our set was close but now I don't have that $50 guilt, I'll win next time. Also THANK YOU for getting Sm4sh back on track, holy **** it was bad for a while there.

Billy: Thanks for wrecking me. I like that you don't pull punches. Always find something I'm doing wrong when I play you.

Matt G: Nice work dude,. One day I'll be able to take a game. Maybe.

Everyone else who I talked to/came to the pub: you're all 8/8 dudes and I had a great time with all of you.

QUEENSLAND!!!!!!!!!

Russell: I think you've levelled up dude! For realz though keep getting better and beat Jeremy. **** that guy.

Jeremy: #1 on the homie PR. Always good to hear your weird accent dude. Come down more when you live in Canberra and you're raking in that sweet big boy job money.

G$: #1 on the mashing PR. Good hangs man, you're a good dude. Super glad we didn't have any 7 minutes matches this time.

Spup: Good friendlies, even if I don't know if I even really needed to be there, you probably could have just drillshined a cpu peach and it would have looked the same.

Phrase: It was really good talking to you, you seem like a real smart dude. It was insane to watch your game pick up so much on sunday just because you were in a better state of mind.

Jimbo: Wow dude. Nice.

Everyone who laughed at me for losing to a luigi that one time: What now guys?

Mad time hanging with all you guys, 10/10 state.

HoC: Time to get good.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@ Skeletom Skeletom : Mindset is the single most important factor in competitive smash; if you lose yourself, you also lose the game. While I admittedly felt awkward actively playing to win against you, I noted your mindset shift after a missed dthrow --> fair, and played accordingly. While this is only a small detail, simple drops like this play a much bigger part in the set, and can turn the tables in favor of the lesser player. Keep calm and stay focussed, because I shouldn't be able to win against you.

Otherwise, a few important things to mention about the tourney:

1. Smash 4
Who was supposed to be running this anyway? If Alex/Miles were joint TOs, they needed to either control the situation or delegate the task to someone capable. I took the reigns 3 hours after the beginning of the tourney (I had melee pools and then doubles), at which point, Smash 4 had basically been expected to run itself. I can understand that a number of people may not like the game, but that really isn't an excuse to let a game with ~80 entrants run itself. Seriously, what did you expect to happen anyway?

2. Pools
Way too large, way too many games. I can appreciate that it's nice for beginners to get a large number of games in before they are knocked out, but the pools were huge. In between Melee/Smash 4 singles/doubles, I played 24 tourney sets on Saturday. That number is ridiculous; no one can be expected to play properly for that long (espc if they also need to save an event). Not to mention, ALL the scheduling conflicts arose because pools were scheduled over 2 hours; splitting pools in half would double the leeway for scheduling conflicts. And this is something that will only get worse as SS/BAM come closer.

3. Stream time
We apparently didn't learn from BAM last year; PM top 8 takes around 6 hours. That's almost half the day. This meant less melee/smash 4 on stream. I hope that was what you wanted.

4. Communication
No one seemed to know the schedule, how far behind the event was, what was coming up, lunch timing, amateur bracket details, etc etc. And those who did know were never around to answer these questions. If the details were shared, then everyone would benefit. TOs need to make sure they spend time TOing when not playing games themselves.

5. Room layout
There was no space for smash 4 doubles. Like, none. And the melee table next to the TO desk was idle for most of the day, anyway.

6. Headsets
These were provided for smash 4, but no one seemed to know how to connect them. Anyone?

7. Payment
No one should be allowed in the room until they've paid, no matter who they are. An honestly policy is never going to work, so this is something we really need to knuckle down on. Srs.

I think that's most of it. Overall a successful event, but things could've gone a lot smoother. I appreciate that this was the first time that Alex and Miles put a whole tourney together themselves, and did a fantastic job. Here's hope we can use this experience to create even more amazing events in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom