• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
what happened to that "apparently someone has the game" thread? I can't find it.
Apparently it got shut down because the streams have stopped and discussions about certain characters can go on in their own individual threads.

Last edited:

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if anyone else noticed but the little heart that ally cpu's get above there heads in classic mode are gone D:

Now it just says CPU in your team color (I liked the little heart T-T)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Ike
He has a much faster and less laggy form of his sideB as a custom move. DEFINITELY NOTE THIS, IT LOOKED MUCH BETTER THAN HIS NORMAL SIDEB.

Falcon
He had a "lightning kick" as a custom move for his downB, looked much faster and goes farther, recovery looked noticeable but not sure if it's more than regular Falcon kick or not. Definitely worth noting though.
Another upB customization makes him go MUCH higher, but he may not be able to grab anymore with this. Debatable but I would say it's worth it since this thing never actually grabs anyone to begin with!

Ganondorf
HE USES THE ****IN SWORD FOR A NEUTRAL B CUSTOMIZATION. Looks like it sucks though because you get less power, for the same speed of the move. Not worth it, might as well hail mary it.
Command grabs work on AI enemies now!
Also has a sideB that acts like Metaknight's, basically a fist drill. Gains more lag at the end, but most likely more viable offstage than Ganon's normal sideb.

Doc
Looks like one of his Cape customizations has super knockback. Another one looks electric, but we're not sure what it does yet. His fireball customizations are the same as Mario. Cape might be the same too. NOTE THAT THE ELECTRIC CAPE DID NOT CANCEL MOMENTUM IN THE AIR, AND APPARENTLY I HEARD THE REGULAR CAPE DOESN'T EITHER. CHECK MARIO'S TOO.
His downB has a customization that both gives it a windbox at the start makes it more powerful, but much laggier and pops him upward at the end.

Lucario
DownB becomes less **** in one customization; I'm told it becomes armored instead of invulnerable, but regardless, he attacks after a brief period of the armor/invulnerability instead of waiting to be hit, and it has much less recovery.

Pikachu
UpB customization makes it METEOR SMASH. But it's probably not as good as I think, especially when it gains more startup this way.

Luigi
SideB customization makes it charge much faster, and it appears to time out now (not sure if this is part of Luigi's normal sideB or not).

Diddy
SideB customization makes it antiair-like. Goes much higher of an arc. (Note that Diddy can now pummel during sideB grab)

Link
GIANTO BOMBU. DownB customization makes the bomb huge and the radius explosion is definitely large, but it does not explode on contact. Instead, the timer for its timed explosion is much faster.

Sheik
NeutralB customization makes the needles go through enemies and deal electric damage, seems the distance is shorter and you may only hold 3 needles this way.

Toon Link
NeutralB customization makes his bombs explode faster (may be larger explosion radius, unsure). This will be really good for recovering.
Also, UpB customization makes it go much farther horizontally and hovers off at the end considerably.

ZSS
NeutralB customization makes it faster and more beam-like, but doesn't stun and the amount you can charge it is much shorter. Second customization makes it much shorter range, but able to be charged longer and is a ball that hits multiple times and DOES stun. These two are most likely still not better than the normal shot.
UpB customization gives her second kick a boost of horizontal momentum. Most likely for recovering purposes.

Kirby
DownB customization gives it more startup, but plants anyone it hits into the ground.
UpB customization turns it into Marth's upB with no second downward slash or projectile.

Falco
UpB customization makes the startup MUCH faster and the travel time is reduced into almost Phantasm speed, but travels shorter and doesn't hit as hard.

Jigglypuff
DownB customization makes her zap straight upward very high into the sky when she rests. Unsure if the hitbox lasts until she stops in the air

HYPE HUNT DOG
BEST CUSTOMIZATIONS SO FAR IMO.
NeutralB (which I believe is the can, not sure) customization now IS ABLE TO HIT THE OPPONENT WITHOUT EXPLODING (yet). This is an AMAZING customization. Very useful.
SideB/DownB (gunman spawn) customization makes him shoot much farther, and seemingly much sooner (though it seems you may be able to control when he shoots).

Ness
DownB customization sucks opponents in, and when he releases it, it grants an electric hitbox that knocks them away if they're close enough to Ness. Seems to still absorb projectiles but makes downB end when he does.
Final Smash is now controllable and hits in a smaller beam arc, much like Lucario's old Final Smash

Villager
UpB customization makes it go straight up and forward diagonally, but he loses his balloons at the top of its launch.
SideB customization does the same, goes up and forward diagonally after launch, but cannot be controlled.

Wii Fit Trainer
Neutral B customization makes the ball larger, a bit more startup, BUT THE BALL STAYS IN PLAY AFTER IT HITS OR FALLS. IT DOES NOT DISAPPEAR. Definitely one of the best customization options so far.

Pac Man
Unsure if these are customizations.
UpB's red bounce (which fails and has you fall through) METEOR SMASHES YOU. THE ****. Most likely a customization. Another one had the bounces be higher for each one, and the red one made you fall through without meteor smashing.
SideB customization makes the reticule and Pac Man travel faster and reach the last orb faster. May hit harder too.
DownB customization - most have seen these - one makes the fire hydrant literally a fire hydrant. Instead of water hitboxes that push you, you get damaged and knocked back.

Sonic
One of his sideB customizations seems to make this one move lightning fast. Unsure. I do know you GOTTA GO FAST

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pikachu
UpB customization makes it METEOR SMASH. But it's probably not as good as I think, especially when it gains more startup this way.
Okay, now this sounds fun. I'm really excited to see how custom moves develop in competitive play!

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Question.

When you customize moves, turn it off, and then back on, does the game keep the same custom choices you had last time?

What about for Palutena/Mii Fighters? Can you still customize their moves with customization turned off?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It looks like you can turn customization off prior to a match. So yes you can do customization in a seperate menu.

Just found a K. Rool trophy.

link2702

Smash Champion
one thing worries me about smash4 right now after playing the demo....

you can airdodge agani far to quickly after the first time you airdodge.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me what are the offical rules and time in for glory and can you join up with a friend to fight randoms in 2v2?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So can someone confirm if there is finally "melee bonuses" or not?

Thanks!
Haven't seen any.

Can someone tell me what are the official rules and time in for glory and can you join up with a friend to fight randoms in 2v2?
Randoms are only with randoms. For Glory has three different options: 4 vs.; 1 on 1; and 2 vs 2. All modes are 2 mins, no items, final destination.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Has anyone figured out how to turn Team attack On? I can't find the option in the menus.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So, this has probably been answered, but I couldn't find it, so to what extent can we customize the controls? Can we at least turn off pressing up on the circlepad to jump?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can anyone clue me in on how to unlock Pac Maze? I've goofed around with Pac Man in a couple different game modes but can't seem to get it...

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So you don't get it by unlocking Pac Man?...odd.
Pac Man is on the starting roster. Even then, Green Hill and Wily Castle are there but Pac Maze isn't. It does that for other characters though... Flat Zone 2 doesn't come with Game and Watch when he us unlocked for example.

Also....

Haven't seen any.

Randoms are only with randoms. For Glory has three different options: 4 vs.; 1 on 1; and 2 vs 2. All modes are 2 mins, no items, final destination.
Small Correction. 1 vs 1 is actually 2 stock with a 5 (I think) minute timer. Can't vogue for the other Glory modes yet

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pac Man is on the starting roster. Even then, Green Hill and Wily Castle are there but Pac Maze isn't. It does that for other characters though... Flat Zone 2 doesn't come with Game and Watch when he us unlocked for example.

Also....

Small Correction. 1 vs 1 is actually 2 stock with a 5 (I think) minute timer. Can't vogue for the other Glory modes yet
If that is true- I'm relieved. I was worried that "For Glory" would be a "timed match" instead of an actual "stock match". Good news, good news indeed.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Has anyone figured out how to turn Team attack On? I can't find the option in the menus.
Click on the top left corner button in vs.

Can anyone clue me in on how to unlock Pac Maze? I've goofed around with Pac Man in a couple different game modes but can't seem to get it...
Use his final smash in vs on order to unlock his stage.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry I thought you meant team battle. Ignore me.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You have to unlock the additional options menu by playing a lot of matches as it was with the other Smash games.

Use his final smash in vs on order to unlock his stage.
Herp derp. Thanks mate!

Last edited:

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Hey guys, dunno if this was asked before, but does anyone know the customization options for normal smash (if you can toggle any item off/on, special smash, and other things like that). Also does every stage have a FD form (especially Magicant)?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Hey guys, dunno if this was asked before, but does anyone know the customization options for normal smash (if you can toggle any item off/on, special smash, and other things like that). Also does every stage have a FD form (especially Magicant)?
1.For normal smash, you can, since its been in every smash game ever
2. Yes every stage has an FD form..... even FD itself Kappa

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
There's a question that's been bothering me for while. I apologize if it's been answered before.

During Nintendo's e3 2014 digital event, right after the Mii fighters were revealed for the first time, Sakurai gave us a brief sneak preview of the different games modes on the 3ds version. There were two portions of that clip that I haven't been able to identify. One was a pie chart with three teams of nine characters surrounding it. The other appeared to be some sort of minigame featureing small circles with character faces on them seemingly attacking each other. I was hoping someone could explain to me what those modes were.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
There's a question that's been bothering me for while. I apologize if it's been answered before.

During Nintendo's e3 2014 digital event, right after the Mii fighters were revealed for the first time, Sakurai gave us a brief sneak preview of the different games modes on the 3ds version. There were two portions of that clip that I haven't been able to identify. One was a pie chart with three teams of nine characters surrounding it. The other appeared to be some sort of minigame featureing small circles with character faces on them seemingly attacking each other. I was hoping someone could explain to me what those modes were.
1. The first one you mentioned is probably the day one patch they released that added a new mode called "Conquest Mode".

2. No idea what the second one is, unfortunately. Some sort of spectating mode perhaps? Probably not. :/

EDIT 1: I just realized that the first one probably isn't conquest and i'll confirmation on if it is. Though i have a feeling its some sort of Tournament mode perhaps? Dunno just speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom