• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS Japanese Information Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qikz

Smash Cadet
How do I set up stock with time matches? On rules I have them as two seperate options and get this:

Stock limit:
Customise:
Handicap:
Damage Ratio:
Stage Selection:
Item switch.

and

Time limit:
Customise:
Handicap:
Damage Ratio:
Stage Selection:
Item switch.

I can't seem to merge the two or use both at the same time, I've been learning Japanese for 4 years and can work my way around all the menus but I can't seem to find the option.

EDIT: nvm reading back through the thread it seems I have to unlock the additional options! *gets back to playing*

Last edited:

Aaronsxedge

Smash Rookie
How do I set up stock with time matches? On rules I have them as two seperate options and get this:

Stock limit:
Customise:
Handicap:
Damage Ratio:
Stage Selection:
Item switch.

and

Time limit:
Customise:
Handicap:
Damage Ratio:
Stage Selection:
Item switch.

I can't seem to merge the two or use both at the same time, I've been learning Japanese for 4 years and can work my way around all the menus but I can't seem to find the option.

EDIT: nvm reading back through the thread it seems I have to unlock the additional options! *gets back to playing*
Did you find out how to unlock additional options?

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
Quick question about team battles...

Say you want Mario on the Blue team... do you have to choose his blue costume/alt or can you pick any costume you'd prefer?

TearsforFears

Smash Cadet
NNID
TearsForFears
3DS FC
5472-6632-5877
I've got a question. In Melee you could unlock different trophies of the same character. For example, you'd get pink zelda standing there when you beat classic and when you beat all start you'd get a blue zelda doing a lightning kick. I'm also wondering if you get the female Robin trophy if you win classic or if you only get the male trophy.

Qikz

Smash Cadet
Quick question about team battles...

Say you want Mario on the Blue team... do you have to choose his blue costume/alt or can you pick any costume you'd prefer?
You can use any skin you want. It just adds a big team coloured border around them.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
How do replays work? Are they exactly the same as brawl, or have there been some changes?

Last edited:

Qikz

Smash Cadet
I didn't, but someone on the previous page said you just have to play a bunch. I'll be playing a lot today so I'll let you know if that works.
Ok, I've been playing all day and got nothing, so if someone could help me out that'd be super <3

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Some moves can trip (not the banana). In the demo, I've encountered that weak nairs will trip. Also VGBC had a trip incident with a dr. mario, I believe, today.

Attachments

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You can use any skin you want. It just adds a big team coloured border around them.
I just set 3 CPUs at 300% handicap, 99 stock, with the damage up with bombs on Final Destination and it unlocked after that battle. I'm pretty sure it's tied to K.Os.

Aaronsxedge

Smash Rookie
I just set 3 CPUs at 300% handicap, 99 stock, with the damage up with bombs on Final Destination and it unlocked after that battle. I'm pretty sure it's tied to K.Os.
Are you talking about additional options? Did this also unlock team attack?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait. How did you set the damage to 300%?
Set handicap (ハンデ) to on (あり) in the rules menu (ルール). Make sure you set the one below is (ふっとび) to 2.0, so it increases the amount fighters fly out of the stage. It took me about 15 minutes to play through a match under these conditions.

Make sure you also click on the 0% below each fighter to raise their damage up to 300%.

Last edited:

Aaronsxedge

Smash Rookie
Set handicap (ハンデ) to on (あり) in the rules menu (ルール). Make sure you set the one below is (ふっとび) to 2.0, so it increases the amount fighters fly out of the stage. It took me about 15 minutes to play through a match under these conditions.

Make sure you also click on the 0% below each fighter to raise their damage up to 300%.
Thanks! However, I've done this 3 times now and have yet to unlock additional options so I think it is unlocked a different way.

I played one more time with 1 stock to unlock the balloon fighter stage and additional options unlocked too.

Thanks!

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I just googled it, you need 200 K.Os to unlock the additional rules in Smash 3DS. Glad I was able to help~

Qikz

Smash Cadet
I just googled it, you need 200 K.Os to unlock the additional rules in Smash 3DS. Glad I was able to help~
Thanks for the info, I got the options today after doing a 30 stock game with the settings you said against 3 CPUs. I'm surprised with the amount I played I hadn't got 200 K.Os yet but I guess when every game is 2/3 stock it'd take a while.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ive addedd the list of players in the original post, will add the rest later. Ive run into some trouble playing online, i can go onlina and watch matches but cant get any opponents in for glory or for fun matches. When i search for matches the first time i connect after turning on the game i get these 2 images. Would like if anyone can translate them.

Attachments

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Smash 3DS is sold out everywhere near me. Even the convenience stores ran out of the pre-paid Smash cards!

So I don't know if anyone has bothered checking yet, but is Coin Battle back?
Don't think so. It didn't even appear in Smash Run (I've played through all of the special events in Smash Run)

Ive addedd the list of players in the original post, will add the rest later. Ive run into some trouble playing online, i can go onlina and watch matches but cant get any opponents in for glory or for fun matches. When i search for matches the first time i connect after turning on the game i get these 2 images. Would like if anyone can translate them.
The first one says it's a connection error, and if it persists to contact Nintendo Support. The second one simply says there was an error connecting. I had some issue connecting to the For Fun non-team mode this afternoon but they just launched Conquest, and there are a ton of people online so it might be server overload.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So wondering if anyone with the game can answer this. Can you turn off equipment but still allow customizable specials? I'm cool with the customizable specials but equipment seems stupid. Is customization all or nothing?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Is there a thread with all of the music, or a video of someone going into sound test and playing all the music?
I thought this would be all over youtube by now but I can't seem to find a vid.
Edit: found a sound test vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-fSJjxFL5U
but he skips alot

can you make the d-pad the movement controls?
I believe the D-Pad is locked to taunts

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Regarding the Special Flag; You must press the attack button to activate it- otherwise it can be carried around until you find a safe spot to use it. It only takes a mere 3 seconds to give you a stock/point. Also, it disappears from the character upon receiving its bonus. It is dropped if you are hit by any sort of attack.
That is all~

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Is there a multiplayer option for training mode?
I don't know for sure, but in videos with local play, there doesn't seem to be a Training option. In Melee and Brawl, you could set the CPU to "Control", but I don't think you'll be able to do that here, due to the whole handheld thing. This is just an assumption though, so don't quote me on it. XP

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I didn't, but someone on the previous page said you just have to play a bunch. I'll be playing a lot today so I'll let you know if that works.
I unlocked it at the same time I unlocked Bowser JR. I don't remember the timing for that, but I would assume anywhere between 50-100 plays. Reason being is, around that time, I was spamming online play, and when I went back to fight CPU, I unlocked about 5 characters in a row.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
So wondering if anyone with the game can answer this. Can you turn off equipment but still allow customizable specials? I'm cool with the customizable specials but equipment seems stupid. Is customization all or nothing?
technically no (it's either customize on which allows both, or off), but you can just change moveset and don't equip any equipments.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Is there a thread with all of the music, or a video of someone going into sound test and playing all the music?
I thought this would be all over youtube by now but I can't seem to find a vid.
Edit: found a sound test vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-fSJjxFL5U
but he skips alot

I believe the D-Pad is locked to taunts
gema once recorded a stream in orginal quality about sounds test, but I don't remember the video and timesamps, but you should check it because the quality is 10x times better than this video.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but for anyone that has the Japanese version of the game. How does random character selection work? Can a customized character be selected when you pick random or it's only the default ones? What about Miis? Does it still pick a random outfit for you and your opponents?

I know it's a dumb question, but I love playing as random characters and this is something I care about.

Last edited:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Got mine today.... Did not anticipate how difficult navigating the Japanese eshop would be and making a NNID....
But an hour and half later were downloading!

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Does Mushroomy Kingdom still have it's underground form this time?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You don't have to select the equipment. You can just use the customized specials, and not equip anything.

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but for anyone that has the Japanese version of the game. How does random character selection work? Can a customized character be selected when you pick random or it's only the default ones? What about Miis? Does it still pick a random outfit for you and your opponents?

I know it's a dumb question, but I love playing as random characters and this is something I care about.
Just the normal, non customized characters (No Miis), I believe.

can you make the d-pad the movement controls?
No you cannot.

Does Mushroomy Kingdom still have it's underground form this time?
I haven't seen it in normal play, and pressing shield during stage select does not change it.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but it seems like the server gives you a 10 minute ban for dropping out of a match. I just dropped out of an online team battle that was lagging pretty badly, and now it gives me a screen with a timer counting down from 10:00 when I try to find another match. That's a bit annoying. Then again, the match probably would've taken around 10 minutes to finish because of the extreme lag. lol

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Hey quick question, does Samus' roll/dodge in SSB4 turn her into a morphball like the previous games? Or is it like Project M where she swiftly dodges? Because I really like the project m version more. :p I'm a big Samus player, and the buff that Project M gave her was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom