• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Startup on arrows really isn't that important... Unless it gets below f10 for combo breaking (currently at f20) it won't mean much. Well, they'd be less of a commitment and we wouldn't get any weird combos or anything like that. They're only ever going to take 4 frames off either way in the air though, because any more and we'd have SH arrows. Nope, never happening...

Upperdash still has f11 complete SA, covers half of FD with a B-reverse, has a f1 step back to avoid attacks, and is on a character who can fairly easily reach max range. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me, not that I'd complain over a buff either.

Dair spiking in general I'm kinda conflicted about... They're never buffing the knockback for obvious reasons so it's always going to be something of a hindrance when using the move in neutral. Honestly I don't want the spike hitbox touched. An extra active frame on the end to make Dair strings easier would be awesome though. Edit: Wait, dur. They can make it launch grounded opponents up (so no teching and it'll have decent KB) with a little tweak to the code. That'd be pretty freakin' awesome to get.

Last edited:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Pit's Upperdash got indirectly buffed when vertical vectoring was removed.

I don't think we will receive anymore buffs though. And tbh, they are fine as is.

I still can't help but wonder what Sakurai was thinking when he gave Dpit the weaker ftilt... He should generally hit harder than Pit, not vice versa. Jab lock stuff doesn't really help at all.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pit's Upperdash got indirectly buffed when vertical vectoring was removed.

I don't think we will receive anymore buffs though. And tbh, they are fine as is.

I still can't help but wonder what Sakurai was thinking when he gave Dpit the weaker ftilt... He should generally hit harder than Pit, not vice versa. Jab lock stuff doesn't really help at all.
I get so annoyed when people complain about D.Pit's weaker tilt. It seriously makes basically no difference between the too. Honestly, I barely kill with Pit's Ftilt anyway.

:135:

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
I get so annoyed when people complain about D.Pit's weaker tilt. It seriously makes basically no difference between the too. Honestly, I barely kill with Pit's Ftilt anyway.

Why do you get annoyed?

It's a viable tool for killing, which Dpit lacks for no real reason, whether you use it or not.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The buffs and nerfs of :4darkpit:

• Silver Bow improved; the damage has slightly increased: 3.8% → 4.3%, uncharged arrow's speed increased slightly (faster than Pit's now) and all variations have decreased endlag by 3 frames.

• Electroshock/Electrocut Arm launch angle changed: 50 → 43, sending opponents offstage at a slightly better angle.
  • Grounded Electroshock Arm damage increased by 0.5%: 11.5% → 12%.
  • Grounded Electroshock Arm/Electrocut Arm has increased knockback growth: 60 → 67.
  • Grounded Electroshock Arm has slightly decreased base knockback: 100 → 99.
  • Both aerial versions of Electroshock and Electrocut Arm have slightly decreased knockback growth: 60 → 58.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The buffs of :4pit:

• Jab's rapid finisher hitbox size (5.0u → 6.0u).
  • Jab's rapid Finisher Z-axis displacement (9.0u → 8.5u).
  • Palutena's Arrow has 3 less frames of ending lag.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Smash 4 Pit with Brawl Pit Arrows...YES!
if they made it so you can shoot a second projectile before the first one ends then that will happen, and Samus as a whole will be much better too.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Brawl arrows aren't ever coming back... I get the feeling they weren't supposed to be such a powerful camping tool. New arrows seem to be more what they wanted all along, being a potent gimping tool and keeping people from camping.

Having two arrows on-screen would be cool, but I think they limited it because of 3DS lag issues. Not an incredibly significant buff because you should be aiming arrows in a way that if they bounce off a reflector or perfect shield that they hit the ground and you can fire another.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if they made it so you can shoot a second projectile before the first one ends then that will happen, and Samus as a whole will be much better too.
Life would be great

FullmetalPain

Smash Rookie
I honestly feel as if Dark Pit's side b isn't worth over losing Pit's arrows and f.tilt. The side b isn't going to work on anyone competent, especially someone that approaches with SH aerials. You're better of getting a kill with a pivot f.tilt or stopping their SH approaches with your controllable arrows. Dark pit really needs that f.tilt buff to compete IMO

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I honestly feel as if Dark Pit's side b isn't worth over losing Pit's arrows and f.tilt. The side b isn't going to work on anyone competent, especially someone that approaches with SH aerials. You're better of getting a kill with a pivot f.tilt or stopping their SH approaches with your controllable arrows. Dark pit really needs that f.tilt buff to compete IMO
I beg to differ; the electroshock is a better punishing tool.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Why do you get annoyed?

It's a viable tool for killing, which Dpit lacks for no real reason, whether you use it or not.
I know this isn't directed to me but I'll answer it anyway because whatever :3

I mean, Pit's ftilt isn't supposed to kill. It's more of a spacing tool that can kill at 150 near the ledge.

Pit has WAY better modes of killing with fthrow, gimps and such. Heck, upperdash is probably better as a kill option tbh

Why would upperdash ever get buffed lol. What would be the point of Dark pit if you got a better arm AND arrows again? Oh and no more patches just sayin'~

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ftilt kills at 120% without rage from the reset position... I'm detecting a hint of bias, lol.

Dunno if this is really the last patch or not, but it probably is. Chances are if we get another patch outside of the Corrin bugs it's going to be on the rumored SSBNX. There's a lot of weird things in SSBU like what's apparently an extra stage slot and the obvious extra CSS space. And if you hack in another five character slots or something the names on the portraits disappear...

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ftilt kills at 120% without rage from the reset position... I'm detecting a hint of bias, lol.

Dunno if this is really the last patch or not, but it probably is. Chances are if we get another patch outside of the Corrin bugs it's going to be on the rumored SSBNX. There's a lot of weird things in SSBU like what's apparently an extra stage slot and the obvious extra CSS space. And if you hack in another five character slots or something the names on the portraits disappear...
Lol yeah didn't do my research.

http://smashboards.com/threads/source-gaming-sakurai-on-corrin-bayonetta-and-value.430624/

Article ^^^^^^^^

Sakurai is finally taking a break :D

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Why do you get annoyed?

I get more kills with Fthrow than Ftilt. Just saying

Why do you get annoyed?

But D.P gains another option for a jab lock which Pit doesn't have.

I know this isn't directed to me but I'll answer it anyway because whatever :3

I mean, Pit's ftilt isn't supposed to kill. It's more of a spacing tool that can kill at 150 near the ledge.

Pit has WAY better modes of killing with fthrow, gimps and such. Heck, upperdash is probably better as a kill option tbh

Why would upperdash ever get buffed lol. What would be the point of Dark pit if you got a better arm AND arrows again? Oh and no more patches just sayin'~
This basically for Pit's Ftilt's. It's great and all, but I would like a another option for jab jock rather than a move the kills at 150% earliest.

I just want a small knockback buff. So that it can kill earlier than 140% on most characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I get more kills with Fthrow than Ftilt. Just saying

But D.P gains another option for a jab lock which Pit doesn't have.

This basically for Pit's Ftilt's. It's great and all, but I would like a another option for jab jock rather than a move the kills at 150% earliest.

I just want a small knockback buff. So that it can kill earlier than 140% on most characters.

It kills at 120-130% with sweetspot, and sourspot is 145-150%. Dark Pit's WAY worse.
Dark Pit has Electroshock, Dair, FThrow, and the Smash Attacks

Pit has Upperdash, Dair, FThrow, Ftilt, and Smash Attacks

It's not that bad
And give us arrow looping/rain back. :p
And give Pit the gliding mechanic...or change it to infinite flight, while giving Power of Flight invincibility frames...make him op...jk

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's very depended on where you hit them on stage, what weight they are and how fresh Ftilt is.

Only went be the ledge of the stage, and Pittoo still has a worse one no matter what...no matter what.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dark Pit's sweetspot is Pit's sourspot in terms of knockback, roughly. Detecting more bias, lolol.

Silly thing but can one of you guys do me a favor? Shaya got all the safety data but I can't get past the first page on any of my browsers. Can somebody copy/paste the Pits' data? Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lJPNHd72MVQ95wG5RfnHroDgMc8/edit?pref=2&pli=1
From who is the bias coming from is the better question, can't possibly be coming from both sides...right?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Last edited:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The cool thing about using the arrows is jumping towards the opponent offstage. If they airdodge, thats a free fair/dair. Even if they get hit from it, you can follow it up with a fair, while they are in hitstun.

Just a food for thought.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The cool thing about using the arrows is jumping towards the opponent offstage. If they airdodge, thats a free fair/dair. Even if they get hit from it, you can follow it up with a fair, while they are in hitstun.

Just a food for thought.
Random question, have you ever don't Pit dittos with either Earth or Nairo, cause you seem like you could hang with them?

Last edited:

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
I never fought either of them. I've seen Nairo three times (at EVO, Big House, and Dismantle) from a distance, but he's been using ZSS. So I never bothered to challenge him to a ditto, unless I fought him bracket. Even though Nairo has the smarts to use any character he puts his mind into, he doesn't have the Dark Pit character knowledge to get him places.

A fine example would be Earth because he utilizes everything and plays Pit the way he's meant to be played.

Players have been saying I'm one of the best Pit players in the U.S. There have been players in my area that wanted to pick up Pit because of how much fun I make him look, but can't get Pit to work the magic. So they wind up dropping Pit and using their top tiers to get them places

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Players have been saying I'm one of the best Pit players in the U.S. There have been players in my area that wanted to pick up Pit because of how much fun I make him look, but can't get Pit to where I am. So they wind up dropping Pit and using their top tiers to get them places
Oh snap, that's super unfortunate for people to just drop Pit like that :(

But hey, your influencing more people to play Pit so that's great :D

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
What drives me crazy is seeing players that pocket main Pit, but don't really use him to their full potential. Truth be told, we had about 15 players in my area that wanted to try out Pit, but only 3 players (including myself) are full-time Pit players. Two of the others that hardly come out. Only leaving me to do all the work.

Pretty soon, I'll be doing some live streams, just as soon as someone from work can help me download the Boot Camp on my Mac. >_>

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I never fought either of them. I've seen Nairo three times (at EVO, Big House, and Dismantle) from a distance, but he's been using ZSS. So I never bothered to challenge him to a ditto, unless we fought him bracket. Even though Nairo has the smarts to use any character he puts his mind into, he doesn't have the Dark Pit character knowledge to get him places.

A fine example would be Earth because he utilizes everything and plays Pit the way he's meant to be played.

Players have been saying I'm one of the best Pit players in the U.S. There have been players in my area that wanted to pick up Pit because of how much fun I make him look, but can't get Pit to where I am. So they wind up dropping Pit and using their top tiers to get them places
So pretty much
1) Compared to you and Earth, Nairo ain't that good as either Pit or Dark Pit since he focuses more on ZSS even though he's always saying that he mains Pittoo...yet Dark Pit rarely pops up in any tournament anymore.
2) Earth is the best Pit player ever.
3) You're better than Pink Fresh(idk anyother US Pit mains).

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
So pretty much
1) Compared to you and Earth, Nairo ain't that good as either Pit or Dark Pit since he focuses more on ZSS even though he's always saying that he mains Pittoo...yet Dark Pit rarely pops up in any tournament anymore.
2) Earth is the best Pit player ever.
3) You're better than Pink Fresh(idk anyother US Pit mains).
You are correct my good sir. In fact, I'll be traveling out there to Xanadu sometime in April or May.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You are correct my good sir. In fact, I'll be traveling out there to Xanadu sometime in April or May.
You better kick some ass with Pit(more US reps helps)

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
I've already accomplished my goal as Top 5 Charizard and Top 2 Mii Swordfighter in the world. Now it's time to focus solely on Pit and to work on his tech skills.

Speaking of tech, are there any new techs that I should be trying out or that we could incorporate more on?

Last edited:
Top Bottom