• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No buffs for Pitty Pat? Aw man....

They wouldn't care...also Leonardo is a better dual swordsman anyways
But..... none Clone Ganon moveset.......

Take a guess what his frame data would be like. :4dedede:

I mean, he'd be powerful and have a ton of range. Bad frame data is basically required. We have characters like that, and I don't think there's space for another after Sakurai's "just another swordsman" speech.
*Powerful, ton of Range=Bad frame data*

Cloud says hello.:4cloud:

But seriously, if he did get dual swords, i wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Also, what 'just another swordsman speech'? is that the one about Chrom. If so, that really doesn't count since the the moment Ganon is JUST ANOTHER F****** CLONE!!!

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No buffs for Pitty Pat? Aw man....

But..... none Clone Ganon moveset.......

*Powerful, ton of Range=Bad frame data*

Cloud says hello.:4cloud:

But seriously, if he did get dual swords, i wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. Also, what 'just another swordsman speech'? is that the one about Chrom. If so, that really doesn't count since the the moment Ganon is JUST ANOTHER F****** CLONE!!!

Leonardo excels Tanondorf

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sooo I made a lengthy post in Chompy's patch topic.

The TLDR version is that Dark Pit's RJF may of gotten a bigger hitbox but I can't retest ATM so I need some help finding the change. Something changed on Dark Pit according to the data. If you guys have any good ideas (emphasis on "good") take 'em there and I'll have a look. ReRaze ReRaze too. I know worse Marth got some buffs but we need some help finding some obscure and useless change, okay? :\/

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sooo I made a lengthy post in Chompy's patch topic.

The TLDR version is that Dark Pit's RJF may of gotten a bigger hitbox but I can't retest ATM so I need some help finding the change. Something changed on Dark Pit according to the data. If you guys have any good ideas (emphasis on "good") take 'em there and I'll have a look. ReRaze ReRaze too. I know worse Marth got some buffs but we need some help finding some obscure and useless change, okay? :\/
Maybe his Electroshock was slightly nerfed? Because it seems like it did.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Just fought a kamui player in AL and good news: I think that we have the advantage. Dragon shot is pretty unsafe thanks to orbitars and his recovery is easily gimpable for us. That and upperdash/electroshock can be a significant move against dragon lunge, and they can't bait one with that move. It may end up being even as the MU becomes more developed, but I think we currently have the advantage.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just fought a kamui player in AL and good news: I think that we have the advantage. Dragon shot is pretty unsafe thanks to orbitars and his recovery is easily gimpable for us. That and upperdash/electroshock can be a significant move against dragon lunge, and they can't bait one with that move. It may end up being even as the MU becomes more developed, but I think we currently have the advantage.
I can't believe that someone else agrees with me on Corrin(even though she's fun as hell to play as)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
In AL? Alabama, or are you talking about some online thing?

Pit beats Corrin pretty much by the fact that arrows ruin his recovery. As soon as he gets launched keep firing arrows and he won't be able to overcome his bad air speed and acceleration since his Bair won't come out. I've been seeing Corrins die as low as 75% because there's really not a lot you can do...

Corrin also doesn't have a good way to recovery from a lower corner, especially since he's restricted to a low ledge snap. Hit him off the ledge snap with the back hit of Dsmash and plink away with arrows again. If he pins to a wall Dair him ASAP because the jump is surprisingly laggy.

Myself, I don't think the matchup will ever advance past -1, probably a -2 right now. Corrin's onstage game just isn't strong enough compared to Pit's to matter.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, has Dark Pit's 'buff' been found yet?

change is probably the better word though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Will anyone kill me if I say that Dark Pit doesn't need a buff anymore? He got his buff in the last patch.
I mean, they're two spots from top 15 and can really only go up from here. They're in a fine spot right now.

Speaking of the changes, it's actually supposed to be a visual change. Since I haven't been playing Pittwo as much this patch because of Bayogedden I may of not noticed something like his Fair animation being corrected... Meanwhile his pummel animation is still broken on 3DS.

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Will anyone kill me if I say that Dark Pit doesn't need a buff anymore? He got his buff in the last patch.
I wouldn't mind more buffs :)
If they fixed his ftilt, I would be happy

I mean, they're two spots from top 15 and can really only go up from here. They're in a fine spot right now.

Speaking of the changes, it's actually supposed to be a visual change. Since I haven't been playing Pittwo as much this patch because of Bayogedden I may of not noticed something like his Fair animation being corrected... Meanwhile his pummel animation is still broken on 3DS.
No his fair animation is still longer than Pit's and utilt has the same odd whifs. I have no idea what the change could be tbh.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No his fair animation is still longer than Pit's and utilt has the same odd whifs. I have no idea what the change could be tbh.
Dark Pit's Utilt animation matches the hitboxes better then Pit's though... There's some Captain Falcon level disjoints on the move.

Well, then it's probably something on his Final Smash then. Seems like a lot of characters had visual changes on their's this patch.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I like it how they buffed electroshock but not the fact that his bow floats when he pummel on 3ds lol

But yeah Zelda did get her final smash changed visually apparently soooooooooooo......

But tbh I'm super happy the way Dark Pit turned out~!
The fact that people can actually stop saying "omg pick Pit becuz arrows and teh betr arm becyz it killz erlr in teh ceiling hd1kh xV n" is great

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, Electroshock wasn't really worse then Upperdash. The whole higher fall speed = more upwards launch resistance thing only applies to Melee and probably 64. Brawl onwards you take more knockback upwards depending on your gravity.

Electroshock was better if you back the opponent into a corner, while Upperdash was better if you were cornered. Upperdash couldn't gimp though, and that's why I prefered Electroshock.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Final Smash astetics apparently...boo
Well that's a little disappointing.

No, not yet.
It's probably just something irrelevant that nobody cares about though.
Most likely.

But tbh I'm super happy the way Dark Pit turned out~!
The fact that people can actually stop saying "omg pick Pit becuz arrows and teh betr arm becyz it killz erlr in teh ceiling hd1kh xV n" is great
Just waiting for Pit to get his Arm buff too. Then this will all for nuthin.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Eh, tbh I don't really think Pit needs an upperdash buff

*hides in corner*

Sorta suprised that no one said anything about the DP change in the patch tho

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well that's a little disappointing.

Most likely.

1. Astetics are always disappointing if it misleads people.
2. Yes to an Upperdash Buff

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Eh, tbh I don't really think Pit needs an upperdash buff

*hides in corner*

Sorta suprised that no one said anything about the DP change in the patch tho
Yes he does.

Also, that's cause we still don't 100% know what it is.

1. Astetics are always disappointing if it misleads people.
2. Yes to an Upperdash Buff
1.Well, if there mislead people yes. But if they improve the look and stuff of the character then no
2) #BuffUpperdash

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes he does.

Also, that's cause we still don't 100% know what it is.

1.Well, if there mislead people yes. But if they improve the look and stuff of the character then no
2) #BuffUpperdash

1. Bad idea for the person who said Pittoo got buffed...to say that in the first place.
2.#BufftheDasherUp

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I'd say the last thing both pits need is a B(arrow) startup buff, oh and a damagebuff(arrow) but only for dpit.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
If they made Pit and Dark Pit one character i.e Pit arrows + Pitoo arm it would definitely throw them into high tier imo if they aren't already.

But yeah damage buff on side b would be nice, if not buff the startup or knockback (for pit). A move with as much commitment as that shouldn't have that little reward, especially when you compare it to risky moves like flare blitz which also has much more distance.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If they made Pit and Dark Pit one character i.e Pit arrows + Pitoo arm it would definitely throw them into high tier imo if they aren't already.

But yeah damage buff on side b would be nice, if not buff the startup or knockback (for pit). A move with as much commitment as that shouldn't have that little reward, especially when you compare it to risky moves like flare blitz which also has much more distance.
Or Raptor Booster.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Broken
Or Raptor Booster.

Good idea

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517

sorry if I wasn't clear, was talking about the bows.

side B for dark pit is perfect, pit could use a better aerial Side N though

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
noo too strong dair is already fast.

maybe make the spike hitbox bigger

Top Bottom