• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've already accomplished my goal as Top 5 Charizard and Top 2 Mii Swordfighter in the world. Now it's time to focus solely on Pit and to work on his tech skills.

Speaking of tech, are there any new techs that I should be trying out or that we could incorporate more on?
More random combo chains or maybe something new to do with GOs?

Nairo

Banned via Administration
You are correct my good sir. In fact, I'll be traveling out there to Xanadu sometime in April or May.
I've never heard of you when people mention pit or dpit before but thats good to see more pop up, hope you do well! Xanadu is decent but you should aim for other tourneys too if you are wanting to show people some work! But give them the work regardless where you are at.

Also just because you see only ZSS does not mean I don't know enough to win with Dpit/pit lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've never heard of you when people mention pit or dpit before but thats good to see more pop up, hope you do well! Xanadu is decent but you should aim for other tourneys too if you are wanting to show people some work! But give them the work regardless where you are at.

Also just because you see only ZSS does not mean I don't know enough to win with Dpit/pit lol
Holy **** It's Nairo

I cause I can forgive you Koiba.

I guess I was too slow :4sonic:

:135:
I feel bad for you to...but Nairo...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Is this Good?
Perfect, actually. Kudos to The Merc The Merc for wanting to help.

Yep, Fair and Nair are as crazy as I thought. Shieldstun patch borked Pit and we're the only ones that noticed. Well, compared to other swordsmen anyway. Pit's Fair technically has an advantage over Shiek's in that it can't be perfect shielded, and I'm pretty sure Sheik's Fair isn't safe on a power shield. The fact that you can PS stuff is basically the only thing keeping the queens touchable from what I hear... But that's not important right now.

Speaking of tech, are there any new techs that I should be trying out or that we could incorporate more on?
Well actually I just came up with some Dark Pit stuff. Nairo Nairo might as well hear this too because it sounds like something he could really abuse. :bluejump: Yes I was going to post this before Nairo came in. Not that much of a fanboy lol.

First though, a note on Electroshock. Being electrical and all it's really easy to DI. About 20 frames to DI from the frame you're hit to when you're launched. Probably can DI it on reaction, especially considering the startup. Mario goes from dying at like 80% to 100% in training from the reset position. Data on DI'd rage Electroshock coming soon.

But anyway, I found a setup into Electroshock. From the "worse" Ftilt of course, heh. Characters with a high enough gravity (Diddy and higher from what I've seen, look at Kuroganehammer) get launched far enough from a sour Ftilt to go into tumble and still get pulled down enough to hit the ground during hitstun at percents Electroshock can kill with optimal DI. Meaning it's a techchase situation, and I'm pretty sure Electroshock can beat a neutral tech, a tech roll and any missed tech option with proper spacing and timing. Probably not both tech rolls at the same time though.

Just don't get incredibly excited yet, this is in training. There's still a ton of not entirely understood factors at work here, like if they DI Ftilt, freshness, how angle 361 (Sakurai angle?) works with rage, how the tipper Ftilt works into this... Whelp, guess I know where my free time's going this week.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

So your the famous Nario, eh?

Pleasure to meet you.

I feel bad for you to...but Nairo...
:(

Perfect, actually. Kudos to The Merc The Merc for wanting to help.

Yep, Fair and Nair are as crazy as I thought. Shieldstun patch borked Pit and we're the only ones that noticed. Well, compared to other swordsmen anyway. Pit's Fair technically has an advantage over Shiek's in that it can't be perfect shielded, and I'm pretty sure Sheik's Fair isn't safe on a power shield. The fact that you can PS stuff is basically the only thing keeping the queens touchable from what I hear... But that's not important right now.
Aw, thanks.

Yeah, i tried to read those numbers but I got nowhere. Is it better if the negative is higher or lower? etc

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'm looking into going to Outfoxxed next month; give both pits (and sonic) more representation. I still have to talk to my parents about it but unless if something random happens they should be okay with it since it's in Indi.

Eyyyyyy. By the way, how was Alpharad able to learn those "advanced" zss combos?

Dusk Pit

Smash Apprentice
Lol yeah didn't do my research.

http://smashboards.com/threads/source-gaming-sakurai-on-corrin-bayonetta-and-value.430624/

Article ^^^^^^^^

Sakurai is finally taking a break :D
Oh, so that's it then. I guess no ftilt buff but i'm actually kinda relieved too because I was a bit worried that they might actually nerf electroshock, silly me. I shouldn't complain though, i got my arrow and side b buff and there are characters more in need of buffs like puff and duck hunt who never got anything meaningful.

As a general rule of thumb, you can survive electroshock hit 20% longer with correct DI. Roughly, when Pit's side b kills, that's when Dpit's side b kills mid stage even with correct DI.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So your the famous Nario, eh?

Pleasure to meet you.

:(

Aw, thanks.

Yeah, i tried to read those numbers but I got nowhere. Is it better if the negative is higher or lower? etc

Don't worry, we'll make it. Deadpools stick together no matter what in the end.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Greetings angels. With Wolf pretty much confirmed to not be coming to Sm4sh, I have to actually pick a character or 2 and main him/her/it/them. My list has been narrowed to: :4cloud2::4darkpit:/:4pit::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf:. I prefer Dark Pit over Pit since I'm too lazy to learn how to use Pits arrows properly, I prefer Electroshock over Upperdash (who doesn't after the patch?) and I prefer his personality and victory theme. Stuck with online matches for the most part until I can drive to tournaments at the end of the year so I won't be posting any useful tournament info but I will hang out with fellow users who main my favourite characters, hence why I'm here.

TL;DR greetings angels!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Greetings angels. With Wolf pretty much confirmed to not be coming to Sm4sh, I have to actually pick a character or 2 and main him/her/it/them. My list has been narrowed to: :4cloud2::4darkpit:/:4pit::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4mewtwo::4pikachu::4rob::4robinf:. I prefer Dark Pit over Pit since I'm too lazy to learn how to use Pits arrows properly, I prefer Electroshock over Upperdash (who doesn't after the patch?) and I prefer his personality and victory theme. Stuck with online matches for the most part until I can drive to tournaments at the end of the year so I won't be posting any useful tournament info but I will hang out with fellow users who main my favourite characters, hence why I'm here.

TL;DR greetings angels!
Welcome...but no lazy Angels allowed(LEARN THE ARROWS!)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well, I'm currently restricted to online matches and ai matches. Online adds lag to the mix and the ai recovers the same way everytime. If I main or second the Pits, I can see myself learning the arrows since there's no reason to use Dark Pit and not use Pit. Seems a lot easier to learn Pits arrows in this game compared to Brawl at least.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, I'm currently restricted to online matches and ai matches. Online adds lag to the mix and the ai recovers the same way everytime. If I main or second the Pits, I can see myself learning the arrows since there's no reason to use Dark Pit and not use Pit. Seems a lot easier to learn Pits arrows in this game compared to Brawl at least.
Exactly; if you can play one, you can play the edgy...I mean other

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
You must go to Anther's Ladder.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
You must go to Anther's Ladder.
Bleh, not a fan of online matches. I just go on For Fun when I'm bored and go on FG and FF dubs with my cousin from time to time. Would rather wait till I can start going to tournaments in person at the end of the year than go on Anther's.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Bleh, not a fan of online matches. I just go on For Fun when I'm bored and go on FG and FF dubs with my cousin from time to time. Would rather wait till I can start going to tournaments in person at the end of the year than go on Anther's.
Fair enough, but try to find a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly near your area. Fort Wayne, being the boring town that it is, doesn't have any of those, so the closest monthly tournament to me is in Elkhart, which is an hour and a half away.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Fair enough, but try to find a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly near your area. Fort Wayne, being the boring town that it is, doesn't have any of those, so the closest monthly tournament to me is in Elkhart, which is an hour and a half away.
Come December 18 I'll be trying to get my g2 license and from there onwards I'll be trying to get my own car. Saving up this entire year for one and if I don't get one by then, I might borrow a family vehicle for trips here and there. Biggest Smash scenes around me are likely Toronto and Ottawa. Not sure which one is closer. New York isn't too far either and likely has a Smash scene.

Once I actually start going to tournaments I'll probably use whoever I feel like using at the time rather than relying on stage or match up knowledge. Granted, even I can tell that at a competitive level, Ganon versus anyone with a spammable projectile is a pain and therefore not fun.

Looking at the tier list and opinions in general, my best bets are Pika, Cloud, Ike and the Pits from my list. Mewtwo, R.O.B. and Robin become a bit of a stretch and Ganon isn't far from his placement in Brawl, same problems and everything.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

TL;DR greetings angels!
Hi~! :D

Do enjoy your stay here!

We should def fight sometime, considering that we both live in the same area, the lag might not be bad :3

What part if Ontario do you live in?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hi~! :D

Do enjoy your stay here!

We should def fight sometime, considering that we both live in the same area, the lag might not be bad :3

What part if Ontario do you live in?
I'm not much of one for online but given we're in the same province, I wouldn't mind.

I'd rather not give my exact city but I'm 6 hours away from New York city, 3 hours away from Toronto and only an hour away from Ottawa. So the southern end I guess. Can probably deduce my exact city from that info alone if anyone cared to =P

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

TL;DR greetings angels!
G'day and welcome.

You'll find that we are very welcoming and the Pit is superior to Pittoo in very aspects

Deadpool...Soon
Deadpool.... is now. (no seriously, it's already out here)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm not much of one for online but given we're in the same province, I wouldn't mind.

I'd rather not give my exact city but I'm 6 hours away from New York city, 3 hours away from Toronto and only an hour away from Ottawa. So the southern end I guess. Can probably deduce my exact city from that info alone if anyone cared to =P
Oh cool thanks :3

You live a lot farther from me than I thought lol. Me living in Mississauga and all :happysheep:

Not gonna give my actual address because reasons

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oh cool thanks :3

You live a lot farther from me than I thought lol. Me living in Mississauga and all :happysheep:

Not gonna give my actual address because reasons
Just looked it up, 3 hours apart, same distance as Toronto. I'm also quite envious. Wish I lived where you do purely for how close it is to Buffalo <3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
G'day and welcome.

You'll find that we are very welcoming and the Pit is superior to Pittoo in very aspects

Deadpool.... is now. (no seriously, it's already out here)

Everywhere...except America(Friday is when I want to watch it, to make it feel more special that Ryan Reynolds finally gets to be in a good superhero movie for once)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sucks to be you.

It's only MA 15+ here so yeah BOI!

Not really since I have a secret website where I can watch it early...but I want torture myself by waiting until Friday(will be worth the wait anyways)
Deadpool is love, deadpool is life. And I can legally watch R rated movies now =D
Deadpool is everything except Spiderman's bro

Top Bottom