• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But that literally shouldn't matter. I know i set up for a really funny joke. But there have been times were Deadpool has had no pouches at all and yet still pulls a gun out of nowhere.

:135:
But when he pulls a gun outta nowhere, it's badass. When Wade forgets his pouch it's funny; Wade needs a scene where the pouch isn't forgotten about...just has to be.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All this talk about Deadpool and I just got back from watching it with my cousin. We were gonna watch it the night it came out but we chose to order pizza instead.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
But when he pulls a gun outta nowhere, it's badass. When Wade forgets his pouch it's funny; Wade needs a scene where the pouch isn't forgotten about...just has to be.
Yeah, pretty much. But still shouldn't really matter given the character. Though I think the thing that actually annoys me the most is that the pouches are to small imo.

All this talk about Deadpool and I just got back from watching it with my cousin. We were gonna watch it the night it came out but we chose to order pizza instead.
I want to be mad at you for not going seeing Deadpool straight way, but it's pizza.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, pretty much. But still shouldn't really matter given the character. Though I think the thing that actually annoys me the most is that the pouches are to small imo.

I want to be mad at you for not going seeing Deadpool straight way, but it's pizza.

Make Pouch Bigger...or put all of his guns inside his pants without shooting anything important

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So I'm weird and when I'm stressed out I shut myself out of social things like Smashboards here. Thought I ought to explain why I vanish from Smashboards from time to time.

A-n-y-way, Dark Pit can force a tech on Diddy at 80% (maybe lower) with Ftilt and have enough of a frame advantage to beat a tech with Electroshock. At 101% Diddy can jump out and avoid the techchase. Depending on how close people end up to the ledge that's reasonable to kill with. Rage, freshness, and DI on the Ftilt will alter these numbers quite a bit, but I'm not sure it's to our advantage or not. Anybody with higher gravity (read: most top tiers) will make it easier though.

I'd probably of found more tonight but I was busy looking at Marth's wonky Shield Breaker animation at 1/4 speed. For some reason he swings his arm around really quickly within the space of a frame when used in the air, and it looks like the Melee animation. Hey, at least his pummel looks right. :p

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
So I'm weird and when I'm stressed out I shut myself out of social things like Smashboards here. Thought I ought to explain why I vanish from Smashboards from time to time.

A-n-y-way, Dark Pit can force a tech on Diddy at 80% (maybe lower) with Ftilt and have enough of a frame advantage to beat a tech with Electroshock. At 101% Diddy can jump out and avoid the techchase. Depending on how close people end up to the ledge that's reasonable to kill with. Rage, freshness, and DI on the Ftilt will alter these numbers quite a bit, but I'm not sure it's to our advantage or not. Anybody with higher gravity (read: most top tiers) will make it easier though.

I'd probably of found more tonight but I was busy looking at Marth's wonky Shield Breaker animation at 1/4 speed. For some reason he swings his arm around really quickly within the space of a frame when used in the air, and it looks like the Melee animation. Hey, at least his pummel looks right. :p
Haha yeah I noticed they used the melee animation for lucina too, it looks really wierd.

Also that ftilt thing is interesting :o

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Like Melee? You mean they swing before stabbing? Like the First half of Roy's Neutral B?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's something I wanted to post for a while;
"Hey, Lady Palutena? Can I ask you a question?"
"Yes Pit?"
"If you're my rival in Smash, why are you giving me the power of flight to help recover?"
"Hm? Oh, no, that's not me. I'm pretty sure it's Viridi."
"No, it's not me either. I'm helping Dark Pit."
"Then who could it be?"
"You're right, this is rather puzzling. What other possible gods might their be?"
"Wait, Hades!? Are YOU giving me flight?"
"Don't you know Pit? Anything Viridi can do, I can do better."
"Very funny."
"...I think I'm going to throw up."
I always wanted to use those sprites for something.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"Yes Pit?"
"If you're my rival in Smash, why are you giving me the power of flight to help recover?"
"Then who could it be?"
"You're right, this is rather puzzling. What other possible gods might their be?"
"Very funny."
But what if, instead, it was Pandora, Phosphora...or SAKURAI?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But what if, instead, it was Pandora, Phosphora...or SAKURAI?
Did they ever even confirm Phosphora to be a goddess?

It can't be Sakurai; that'd make Pit's recovery way too OP. Greninja would be nerfed every time he used it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did they ever even confirm Phosphora to be a goddess?

It can't be Sakurai; that'd make Pit's recovery way too OP. Greninja would be nerfed every time he used it.
Phosphora is a goddess to me atleast(though she most likely is).

Sakurai needs to have his adopted son(s)as op as possible(whether it nerfs Greninja or not)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With all the lose inspiration for Greek and Roman mythology, I head canon that she's a nymph.

From Wikipedia:
"A nymph (Greek: νύμφη, nymphē) in Greek mythology and in Latin mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. Different from other goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful, young nubile maidens who love to dance and sing; their amorous freedom sets them apart from the restricted and chaste wives and daughters of the Greek polis. "

It would also be kind of ironic, since her Smash trophy said she's bad at signing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With all the lose inspiration for Greek and Roman mythology, I head canon that she's a nymph.

From Wikipedia:
"A nymph (Greek: νύμφη, nymphē) in Greek mythology and in Latin mythology is a minor female nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform. Different from other goddesses, nymphs are generally regarded as divine spirits who animate nature, and are usually depicted as beautiful, young nubile maidens who love to dance and sing; their amorous freedom sets them apart from the restricted and chaste wives and daughters of the Greek polis. "

It would also be kind of ironic, since her Smash trophy said she's bad at signing.
She needs sum of dat Pit doe

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

From Wikipedia:

So like I said, a deity.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"I'm so glad you decided to join the Forces of Nature, Pittoo. I always wanted an intern!"
"I didn't join so I could be your servant. I thought we made this clear."
"Go get me some coffee, intern!"
"I'm not some brainless puppet for you gods to boss around! I do only what I want to do! I fight only who I want to fight! And I'm not doing any chores for some bratty goddess unless I get something in return!"
"If I don't get my coffee, your flying privileges are getting revoked."
"..."

"One cream and two sugars, right?"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"I'm so glad you decided to join the Forces of Nature, Pittoo. I always wanted an intern!"
"I'm not some brainless puppet for you gods to boss around! I do only what I want to do! I fight only who I want to fight! And I'm not doing any chores for some bratty goddess unless I get something in return!"
"..."

Viridi made Pittoo her flightless edgy little *****(just like the taunt I gave him...Viridi's *****)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
"Yes Pit?"
"Then who could it be?"
"Very funny."
"..."

I want to print out these posts

Gloss them

And put them on my wall

Because they're that good

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"..."

Gods, these are hilarious!!! Great job. Maybe I should do some. Oh, I have a request. Could you do one with Pit and/or Palutena discussing why Pittoo's moveset in Smash is so similar to Pit's?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Aw shucks guys, you're gonna make me blush.
No seriously, I'm glad you guys like them. Making strangers on the internet smile is one of life's simplest pleasures.
Could you do one with Pit and/or Palutena discussing why Pittoo's moveset in Smash is so similar to Pit's?
I'll have to give it some thought first, but yeah, I think I could come up with a joke for that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Aw shucks guys, you're gonna make me blush.
No seriously, I'm glad you guys like them. Making strangers on the internet smile is one of life's simplest pleasures.
I'll have to give it some thought first, but yeah, I think I could come up with a joke for that.
Praise the Palutena

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"...And while I may not be able to use Aether for vertical recovery, I may still be able to use it as a horizontal recovery move!"
"Oh come on, as if that will be enough to make you unique."
"Viridi, what are you arguing with that human about?"
"Oh, hey there Pittoo. I'm just trying to stick it into this guy's thick skull that he'd just be a worthless Ike clone."
"A what now?"
"A worthless clone. You know, no point for existing as a separate character, existing only to waste roster space, ect, ect."
"..."
"...Uh, Viridi?"
"What is it?"
"You do realize who you were just talking to, right?"
"....Oh."
"It's fine. I have a way to fix that problem."
"Using a unique set of weapons to set yourself apart?"
"No, I'm just going to beat the guy who copied my moveset so badly that he gets knocked out of the roster for good!"
"What? But you copied me!"
"If that's the case, then why am I so much better at it? I'm clearly the original one."
"But you aren't better than me at all!"
"Why don't we all just be grateful that you both made it into the roster?"
"Yeah, I suppose that'd cause the least amount of conflict."
"So you're fine with clones now? Does that mean you think I have a chance at making it onto the roster?"
"No."

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"...And while I may not be able to use Aether for vertical recovery, I may still be able to use it as a horizontal recovery move!"
"Oh, hey there Pittoo. I'm just trying to stick it into this guy's thick skull that he'd just be a worthless Ike clone."
"A what now?"
"A worthless clone. You know, no point for existing as a separate character, existing only to waste roster space, ect, ect."
"..."
"...Uh, Viridi?"
"What is it?"
"....Oh."
"No, I'm just going to beat the guy who copied my moveset so badly that he gets knocked out of the roster for good!"
"If that's the case, then why am I so much better at it? I'm clearly the original one."
"Why don't we all just be grateful that you made it into the roster?"
"So you're fine with clones now? Does that mean you think I have a chance at making it onto the roster?"
"No."
Pit knows the truth, Pittoo is edgy, Viridi/Palutena=bae, and Chrom got shot in the ****...again

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"A what now?"
"..."
"...Uh, Viridi?"
"What is it?"
"....Oh."
"Why don't we all just be grateful that you made it into the roster?"
"No."

100% pure gold!

I freaking love you mate!!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
d. e. a. d. s.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
LancerStaff LancerStaff what information do we know about Pit's SideB ledge cancel? I know we've discussed it before but I've recently rediscovered it and have been using it on mixups with ledge recovery.

The only time I've been able to successfully ledge cancel is if I do it backwards after a ledge roll, but even if I try and recreate that exact spot where the ledge roll ends, I'm unable to cancel without the ledge roll. Is that known or am I doing something wrong? And what are some other options we can use with it?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
LancerStaff LancerStaff what information do we know about Pit's SideB ledge cancel? I know we've discussed it before but I've recently rediscovered it and have been using it on mixups with ledge recovery.

The only time I've been able to successfully ledge cancel is if I do it backwards after a ledge roll, but even if I try and recreate that exact spot where the ledge roll ends, I'm unable to cancel without the ledge roll. Is that known or am I doing something wrong? And what are some other options we can use with it?
It's literally just a spacing thing, you can do it without rolling from the ledge if you've memorised that extremely tight spacing. An easier way to ledge cancel is to do an aerial side b though.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
In regards to the posts mentioning this place being dead, I am noticing that it's less active than the likes of Mewtwo, Cloud and Robin. R.O.B., Pika and Ganon aren't too terribly active and neither was the MK one back when I frequented there. Is there a Skype group or Discord for the Pits? If so, that might explain the lack of activity. Plus the Pits aren't too terribly popular as characters despite being competitively viable. Might be because of how 'average' they are. Nothing screams out to people saying 'USE THIS CHARACTER! HE'S SUPER GOOD!' Not even anything memey like Greninja's nerf joke or Falcon's...existence.

Might also be the voice of the character(s) and the lack of games. Very few have played Kid Icarus and Myths and Monsters and if you haven't played Uprising then you probably don't care for the Pits. I know Diddy's annoying sounds are why I refuse to even try getting into him and someone I know has the same problem with Yoshi.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In regards to the posts mentioning this place being dead, I am noticing that it's less active than the likes of Mewtwo, Cloud and Robin. R.O.B., Pika and Ganon aren't too terribly active and neither was the MK one back when I frequented there. Is there a Skype group or Discord for the Pits? If so, that might explain the lack of activity. Plus the Pits aren't too terribly popular as characters despite being competitively viable. Might be because of how 'average' they are. Nothing screams out to people saying 'USE THIS CHARACTER! HE'S SUPER GOOD!' Not even anything memey like Greninja's nerf joke or Falcon's...existence.

Might also be the voice of the character(s) and the lack of games. Very few have played Kid Icarus and Myths and Monsters and if you haven't played Uprising then you probably don't care for the Pits. I know Diddy's annoying sounds are why I refuse to even try getting into him and someone I know has the same problem with Yoshi.
Pit still got the representation abuse on his side

Top Bottom