• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, I remember coming home then SB was dead and I was like wat

They got it fixed around 6:30 though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smashboards was down most of the day because a group of hackers claiming to be Nigerian made everything link to some dumb taunting page. Check out /r/smashbros, there were a few topics about it. Wasn't NSFW or anything like that...

Youtube doesn't like my mobile browsers and it seems a little easier to hold a conversation on Reddit, so I'm probably going to go with that.

Hm, seems we have a visitor. @-Rhythm- Enjoying the waifu tier lists?
Ah...we were hacked. I thought the website was just updating.
Of course there is. It's called opinions.

Cool. Could you possible send us a link if you do?

Also, Nigerian prince?

Oh, jez. Have they got it sorted?

:135:
You proved my point...you're still judging(no way out of it)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Something just came to me

Would Corrin's counter have a smaller multiplier because it sends them up?

Bayo's fresh fsmash does 17% and killed Corrin

She did 7/8 more moves

Then in the 1v1 she did fsmash again but Corrin countered and dealed 20%

Now, I'm not too hot with the math for counters and movestaleness but eh

Probably thinking this too deep

Tbh I bet people are going to find these fancy footstool combos with Bayo on day 1 or something crazy like that
Probably has a smaller multiplier because the hitbox is huge... FFAs and stuff, yaknow?

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
How do you guys feel about Pit/Dark Pit's place in the current tier list? I think they're fine tbh.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'm totally fine with their placement. It's pretty good

And I swear Jiggs seems like the only low tier that didn't get a single buff lol

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'm totally fine with their placement. It's pretty good

And I swear Jiggs seems like the only low tier that didn't get a single buff lol
It's because that that's true. Throughout each of the patches, jiggs for some reason has remained untouched aside from the flower from rest dealing 1% more damage. Yes, because people think that that's a huge game changer.

As for Pit's and Pitoo's spot on the current tier list, I say that it's fine. They're around where I was expecting them to be.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not sure why Dark Pit's higher then Pit but other then that it's all good.

At least she didn't get nerfed like Zelda did. Zelda lost her godly pivot grab first patch.

It's because that that's true. Throughout each of the patches, jiggs for some reason has remained untouched aside from the flower from rest dealing 1% more damage. Yes, because people think that that's a huge game changer.
The flower thing was just an error in testing. CPUs set to stand wiggle around after being launched and knock the flower off ever so slightly faster.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Not sure why Dark Pit's higher then Pit but other then that it's all good.

At least she didn't get nerfed like Zelda did. Zelda lost her godly pivot grab first patch.

The flower thing was just an error in testing. CPUs set to stand wiggle around after being launched and knock the flower off ever so slightly faster.
Don't forget the 0.7% damage buff to utilt :secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

But, I mean, she did get some other buffs but at the same time got some nerfs lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, alot of people are saying that Dark Pit is the better angel because of his arm
Yeah...it takes 1 buff(major or not)to change alot of people's minds

D

Deleted member

Yo.

Just wanted to say if Dedede doesn't get any buffs tomorrow, I'm gonna be maining the Pits instead and will be dedicating my time to them. Let's see how things pan out, and if things don't go so well then ah well! I'm glad to be here either way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Clones can be great :C

I mean the arm buff was kinda insane. I can kill Jr. at 90% mid stage with a little rage lawl
Clones are great(except in Spiderman terms...NEVER EVER EVER good)...but never better than the original. Sure the electrobuff was cool and all, but unlike Ike and DK after buffs, Pittoo's still not used in major tournaments(he doesn't have Earth playing him 24/7 or Nairo using him in majors anymore). Unless Sakurai buffs all of Dark Pit's moves, Pit's still better(or they're atleast fully equal to eachother).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yo.

Just wanted to say if Dedede doesn't get any buffs tomorrow, I'm gonna be maining the Pits instead and will be dedicating my time to them. Let's see how things pan out, and if things don't go so well then ah well! I'm glad to be here either way.
Or you could start using Pit(not Dark Pit)now and leave that fat Penguin lookin' fool...

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yo.

I don't know why I got a thread notification in here but nobody likes a quitter~

(I understand though. The Mario USmash thing should've been the last straw, realistically =P)

D

Deleted member

I don't know why I got a thread notification in here but nobody likes a quitter~

(I understand though. The Mario USmash thing should've been the last straw, realistically =P)
Playing a character that got worse and worse over the course of the meta while a great amount of characters got buffs while he was ignored kinda takes you out of it, especially since I've been maining D3 since launch. I hate to admit it, but he's holding me back. Even in tournaments I get far better results with other characters like Wario or Ness.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Playing a character that got worse and worse over the course of the meta while a great amount of characters got buffs while he was ignored kinda takes you out of it, especially since I've been maining D3 since launch. I hate to admit it, but he's holding me back. Even in tournaments I get far better results with other characters like Wario or Ness.
It's okay, I know the real reason.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
*cough*

Dunno why everyone hates clones when they literally take no effort to make lol :secretkpop:
That's why alot of people gate them
Dr. Mario in melee.... Young Link in melee...... Toon Link....... Falco in brawl and [debatably] melee........ Roy in sm4sh.......
Tink is a semi, Marth is better than Roy, Doc 50/50 since I've never seen a Doc in Melee tourneys(same with Yink), and I'll give you Falco...but he still ain't better than Fox in Smash 4. So...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Armadaaaaaaa

And I just realized that Toon Link was a semi clone of yink who was a semi clone of link

Wat
Stiiiiiill haven't seen one

I thought I was known that both child a links were semi-clones

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Tink is a semi, Marth is better than Roy, Doc 50/50 since I've never seen a Doc in Melee tourneys(same with Yink), and I'll give you Falco...but he still ain't better than Fox in Smash 4. So...
Marth is better than Roy in melee, but the first sm4sh tier list (while is gonna be changed shortly) says otherwise.

Ever heard of Shroomed?

Tink may be a semi, but I still hate him and I feel that he never deserved a slot to begin with, so he's a shameful clone (even though he's better than link).

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Same thing happened to me and the Jiggs social just before the last hacking thing, actually. Wonder what's causing it...

Marth is better than Roy in melee, but the first sm4sh tier list (while is gonna be changed shortly) says otherwise.

Ever heard of Shroomed?

Tink may be a semi, but I still hate him and I feel that he never deserved a slot to begin with, so he's a shameful clone (even though he's better than link).
Looking at things Roy's position seems kinda like a sore spot since he has virtually no results compared to the characters he's above.

Japan's a lot more into Toon Link, or at least the top-down Zeldas in general. From the looks of it there was supposed to be a Toon Zelda too... If anything we'll get a Toon Zelda with a semi-unique moveset before any other Zelda character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Ever heard of Shroomed?

You said it'll be changed shortly, and about 80-90% of the Smash 4 Community says otherwise on the Marth/Roy topic.

And what does you hating on Tink have to do with your earlier comment? Not trying to be mean, but whuddahell(to...much...tv)
Same thing happened to me and the Jiggs social just before the last hacking thing, actually. Wonder what's causing it...

Looking at things Roy's position seems kinda like a sore spot since he has virtually no results compared to the characters he's above.

Japan's a lot more into Toon Link, or at least the top-down Zeldas in general. From the looks of it there was supposed to be a Toon Zelda too... If anything we'll get a Toon Zelda with a semi-unique moveset before any other Zelda character.
And also a Toon Ganondorf(but no Toon Shiek...only Tetra)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
And also a Toon Ganondorf(but no Toon Shiek...only Tetra)
None too sure about Tetra or Toon Dorf. Tetra I don't think we'll see again and they wouldn't add her because of it, and Toon Dorf had just one appearance and I don't see much potential there. I mean, hello, we got dual sword users already. :4darkpit::4pit:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes...you did

*smart *** mode*
Uno, i could keep going bet then I think that someone is bond to find it annoying.

None too sure about Tetra or Toon Dorf. Tetra I don't think we'll see again and they wouldn't add her because of it, and Toon Dorf had just one appearance and I don't see much potential there. I mean, hello, we got dual sword users already. :4darkpit::4pit:
I'd called daggers or shorts swords at most. Toon Ganon uses full lengthen dual katana's for crying out loud.

Dr. Mario in melee.... Young Link in melee...... Toon Link....... Falco in brawl and [debatably] melee........ Roy in sm4sh.......
I can vouch for Young Link. Toon Link tho.... maybe Brawl, i don't think he is better that Link in Sm4sh (and if he is, it really is on;y be a small amount)

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Yo.

Hello, I recognize you from the Corrin boards.

I'll be playing only Corrin for about a month. He's the only character I like as much as Pit in this game (besides Robin, but I still suck with Robin). Did really well at my last tournament with Pit beating someone that was personally a wall for me. Good way to start my small break from Pit. Glad to see how much progress I've this year.

What's up my Pit brothers, I've missed you all.

Edit: and ugh, why don't I play any of you online? I'm a huge wifi warrior. I don't mind playing any of you. Pit dittos or other characters. I like to see what how other Pit players play. So far the only Pit players I play on a regular basis are the ones I usually train (3 of em) and then they end up playing like me XD but all 3 are starting to place really well! Makes me feel food. But I'm getting off topic. PLAY ME GUYS

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
How about Hyrule Warriors Ganon as an alt?
Uno, i could keep going bet then I think that someone is bond to find it annoying.

I'd called daggers or shorts swords at most. Toon Ganon uses full lengthen dual katana's for crying out loud.

I can vouch for Young Link. Toon Link tho.... maybe Brawl, i don't think he is better that Link in Sm4sh (and if he is, it really is on;y be a small amount)

They wouldn't care...also Leonardo is a better dual swordsman anyways

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Take a guess what his frame data would be like. :4dedede:

I mean, he'd be powerful and have a ton of range. Bad frame data is basically required. We have characters like that, and I don't think there's space for another after Sakurai's "just another swordsman" speech.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I don't know if anyone else wants this, but I thinkthat in this patch they should buff the upperdash arm. Not to the extent of Dark Pit's, but at least to a more reliable percent like at 110% or something around there. And maybe make it trickier to DI. I mean, granted I've killed heavyweights at 80% with second hit of f-smash at the ledge and no rage, but it's not like it's a good idea to just throw it out all the time; gotta keep it fresh and as a punish.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't know if anyone else wants this, but I thinkthat in this patch they should buff the upperdash arm. Not to the extent of Dark Pit's, but at least to a more reliable percent like at 110% or something around there. And maybe make it trickier to DI. I mean, granted I've killed heavyweights at 80% with second hit of f-smash at the ledge and no rage, but it's not like it's a good idea to just throw it out all the time; gotta keep it fresh and as a punish.
Genius

Top Bottom