• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I didn't :)

Did I miss anything?

:135:
I don't understand the point in the I didn't part(no offense), but Dabuz got end place at Genesis 3 and almost best ZeRo in set 1...until he lost the final/last game)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't understand the point in the I didn't part(no offense), but Dabuz got end place at Genesis 3 and almost best ZeRo in set 1...until he lost the final/last game)
???

The I didn't part means I didn't watch GENESIS 3. Thought that was obvious

As for the second part, was it a good match?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
???

The I didn't part means I didn't watch GENESIS 3. Thought that was obvious

Not for me when I'm tired, and the match was a massive improvement over their last bouts.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Yes, it was amazing

Dabuz's used Luma so well and the crowd counting down till Luma comes back was adorable

His zoning was amazing and was just on fire at genisis 3.

He beat Rana 2-3 and went to GF. But lost to ZeRo by 2-3. Still super close.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, it was amazing

Dabuz's used Luma so well and the crowd counting down till Luma comes back was adorable

I Dabuz won 2 sets against ZeRo, so many Rosalina Haters would call her either op, top tier, best character in the game, ultimate waifu, or all of the above.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes, it was amazing

Oh, a Rosaluma in finals? Now I am interested in watching it. not cause of Rosa. i don't like her.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I Dabuz won 2 sets against ZeRo, so many Rosalina Haters would call her either op, top tier, best character in the game, ultimate waifu, or all of the above.
She's not op lmao

Top tier for sure

Best character? Lol no

Worst waifu. By alot.

But I think Dabuz's got alot more respect from people after Genesis :3

Def gonna rewatch them again sometime

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She's not op lmao

Top tier for sure

Best character? Lol no

Worst waifu. By alot.

But I think Dabuz's got alot more respect from people after Genesis :3

Def gonna rewatch them again sometime
You know people are gonna be stupid enough to call her all the things that I just listed(they're probably doing it right now as we speak)

And Killager would be the worst waifu

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
You know people are gonna be stupid enough to call her all the things that I just listed(they're probably doing it right now as we speak)

And Killager would be the worst waifu
Brb praying 4 them

Tbh even Villager is a better waifu then Boozelina. She's got better dresses than her.

Best waifu in smash :4zelda::4corrinf:

Everyone else is either annoying or not waifu material

Actually brb making a waifu tier list :secretkpop:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Brb praying 4 them

Tbh even Villager is a better waifu then Boozelina. She's got better dresses than her.

You're really gonna make a waifu tier list? What about a haifu(?)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd sooner see her and the rest of the top tiers nerfed significantly then left alone... High tiers too, angels included. Smash 4 isn't really at a healthy level of balance yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd sooner see her and the rest of the top tiers nerfed significantly then left alone... High tiers too, angels included. Smash 4 isn't really at a healthy level of balance yet.
Or we could just buff instead of nerfing them

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Or we could just buff instead of nerfing them
No. PM tried that and ended up with monsters every three weeks... And just really dumb things like half of Sonic's matchups basically being +2 and the other being -2 with no middleground. Ideally there's very few matchups that'd even be +/-2, much less +/-3.

If matchups are too lopsided even if still equal overall then the meta will simply have a best team instead of one dominant character... It's impossible to nerf just one character's matchup against another in attempt to balance this.

Ideally they nerf everybody again like they did going from Brawl to SSB4.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't see how everybody from Brawl got nerfed...more specifically Shiek, Zero Suit, and Sonic(there's also Mario and Falcon...but eh)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't see how everybody from Brawl got nerfed...more specifically Shiek, Zero Suit, and Sonic(there's also Mario and Falcon...but eh)
Remember Sheik's 1.0.0 Bair? That was in Brawl, and Ftilt was a better combo tool (Brawl mechanics aside) and a bunch of other stuff. Also can't transform into Zelda dur hur.

ZSS's side special doesn't really kill ever and lost a lot of utility because of it, along with losing the suit pieces.

Sonic lost weight and autocancels namely, Captain Falcon had a bunch of damage nerfs, Mario has noticeably worse fireballs.

Well this is all IIRC but you get my point.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Remember Sheik's 1.0.0 Bair? That was in Brawl, and Ftilt was a better combo tool (Brawl mechanics aside) and a bunch of other stuff. Also can't transform into Zelda dur hur.

ZSS's side special doesn't really kill ever and lost a lot of utility because of it, along with losing the suit pieces.

Sonic lost weight and autocancels namely, Captain Falcon had a bunch of damage nerfs, Mario has noticeably worse fireballs.

Well this is all IIRC but you get my point.
The only thing I remember about Shiek is her current fair, and everything else in Ocorina of Time+Hyrule Warriors+Subspace Emmisary

I never knew ZSS's side b could kill anyways

Falcon is reasonably...reasonable(no I couldn't have just said reasonable)

Mario's fireballs don't kill anyways, so it's no big deal when you're no longer the beginner's character(Baby's 1st Smash 4 Character), while Sonic...I still miss his og Smash 4 back throw so much, but weight loss?
Fixed that for you :)
What about Wario in a Zero Suit? Even more waifu material than before.

D

Deleted member

Brb praying 4 them

>Palutena annoying or not waifu material

You shall be purified. :4palutena:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Waifu tier list
SS::4bayonetta::4palutena::4zss::4robinf::4wiifit:no order

Husbando tier list
SS::4pit:
I used yours to make my own...also, how do you know if Corrin would be a great waifu(without spoilers of course)?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

What about the Shipping Lady? :4robinf:

The problem is how to nerf them without ruing the character (though I honestly would say wouldn't be hard to do)?

Isn't what you just describe what Bayo is basically going to be? :p

Husbando tier list

SS::4robinm:

:secretkpop:
Fixed that for you :p

Also, I think i may being seeing why you don't like :4lucina: so much (at least waifu wise).

Wait, if they all got nerfed (or stayed nerf from Brawl) then how are they Top tier? Is it due to game Mechanics changes?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What about the Shipping Lady? :4robinf:

The problem is how to nerf them without ruing the character (though I honestly would say wouldn't be hard to do)?

Isn't what you just describe what Bayo is basically going to be? :p

Also, I think i may being seeing why you don't like :4lucina: so much (at least waifu wise).

Wait, if they all got nerfed (or stayed nerf from Brawl) then how are they Top tier? Is it due to game Mechanics changes?

I never said Bayonetta would be op...the last 3 hell yeah I did

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Well, it kinda hit me the other day... There's no real "honest" characters in Smash 4. Everybody has some crazy move that either kills ridiculously quick and/or safely or nullifies other character's advantages. I mean, I struggle to think of a character where it feels like I'm fighting a cohesive thing instead of two-to-five moves. Even Pit's starting to feel this way, like with his arrows doing a number on a multitude of characters.

I'm not really frustrated with SSB4 or thinking about quitting or anything like that, but I can't help but feel a lot of characters would play better if their gimmicks complemented them rather then consuming them. For example, Shulk by default is a pretty pathetic character, but then his arts slant him into something completely different but still not really sustainable. Statistically, the pros outweigh the cons, but in a real match it gives him too big of weaknesses for most to be even worth using, much less make Shulk himself usable. If instead the pros and cons were much smaller and by default a decent (although still below average) character he'd actually be an adaptable character and not a five-trick pony. Then with other characters, even if they do actually work in competitive play they're still basically walking gimmicks like Cloud and MK.

Kinda ironic of me to say this considering the min-maxing I've done in KIU would make competitive Pokemon players blush, but as time goes on and I see and play more Smash it seems like matchups typically come down to who's gimmicks effect who more instead of how a character's overall pros and cons line up.

Mostly, yeah. A lot of the characters who fell far had one or two things removed and now don't function at all at higher levels, if you remember... Falco lost his chaingrabs and lazers, DDD lost chaingrabs and Waddle Dees, and so on.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well, it kinda hit me the other day... There's no real "honest" characters in Smash 4. Everybody has some crazy move that either kills ridiculously quick and/or safely or nullifies other character's advantages. I mean, I struggle to think of a character where it feels like I'm fighting a cohesive thing instead of two-to-five moves. Even Pit's starting to feel this way, like with his arrows doing a number on a multitude of characters.

I'm not really frustrated with SSB4 or thinking about quitting or anything like that, but I can't help but feel a lot of characters would play better if their gimmicks complemented them rather then consuming them. For example, Shulk by default is a pretty pathetic character, but then his arts slant him into something completely different but still not really sustainable. Statistically, the pros outweigh the cons, but in a real match it gives him too big of weaknesses for most to be even worth using, much less make Shulk himself usable. If instead the pros and cons were much smaller and by default a decent (although still below average) character he'd actually be an adaptable character and not a five-trick pony. Then with other characters, even if they do actually work in competitive play they're still basically walking gimmicks like Cloud and MK.

Kinda ironic of me to say this considering the min-maxing I've done in KIU would make competitive Pokemon players blush, but as time goes on and I see and play more Smash it seems like matchups typically come down to who's gimmicks effect who more instead of how a character's overall pros and cons line up.

Mostly, yeah. A lot of the characters who fell far had one or two things removed and now don't function at all at higher levels, if you remember... Falco lost his chaingrabs and lazers, DDD lost chaingrabs and Waddle Dees, and so on.
What about Link? He used a lot of his moves. Sure, his moveset it much more around his Projectiles, but he can still use his sword from time to time.

But I can see what you mean. Despite the fact these characters have all these moves, generally there play style only reveals around a few of there moves.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What about Link? He used a lot of his moves. Sure, his moveset it much more around his Projectiles, but he can still use his sword from time to time.

But I can see what you mean. Despite the fact these characters have all these moves, generally there play style only reveals around a few of there moves.

Link and Toon Link are kinda ironically fairly honest characters... As a rule of thumb, if a character still works as intended without their four best moves gone (or at just remove the kill power on recovery moves if that's important) I'd say they're pretty well designed. Cloud losing even just the ability to charge limit manually would be bad... Mario with no Usmash would be pretty mediocre too. Dorf or Mac could afford to lose a few moves and not be much worse for wear from what I can tell.

Pit without any four moves would probably be solid, although I'm not entirely sure which four would damage him the most. Arrows, Nair, dash grab... Dsmash? With Dark Pit I'd consider Electroshock, but not because I think it's as good as arrows.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Link and Toon Link are kinda ironically fairly honest characters... As a rule of thumb, if a character still works as intended without their four best moves gone (or at just remove the kill power on recovery moves if that's important) I'd say they're pretty well designed. Cloud losing even just the ability to charge limit manually would be bad... Mario with no Usmash would be pretty mediocre too. Dorf or Mac could afford to lose a few moves and not be much worse for wear from what I can tell.

Pit without any four moves would probably be solid, although I'm not entirely sure which four would damage him the most. Arrows, Nair, dash grab... Dsmash? With Dark Pit I'd consider Electroshock, but not because I think it's as good as arrows.
Ah, yes, i am seeing what you mean now. So say with Sonic, if you removed his Spin Dash/Charge, Uair and Spring, he would be a much weaker character. Though with Mario, doesn't he have a lot more other good moves besides Usmash? Like Dthrow? And Utilt?

Now I'm curious what would happen to other top tier characters if this happen (i.e. Sheik)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I don't think Pit would be affected by losing 4 moves...Dark Pit depending on if you thin k his 4 are different.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
dammit smashboards. what happened to notifications lmao

ive also kinda thought about this, but tbh it seems much better than other games, especially in terms of character balance. there's like no move on a char that's entirely useless, to think about it another way.

in other news, i got pranked

ifeel really loved thanks whoever did that! :D

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
dammit smashboards. what happened to notifications lmao

ive also kinda thought about this, but tbh it seems much better than other games, especially in terms of character balance. there's like no move on a char that's entirely useless, to think about it another way.

in other news, i got pranked

ifeel really loved thanks whoever did that! :D
Congrats to you

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

:C
Wares Cloud and Dark Pit

And my hate for Lucina will flow till the end of time :3

>Palutena annoying or not waifu material

You shall be purified. :4palutena:
But Paletuna is like 1000 years old

She's A Tier imo

Ans Samus dropped to B tier

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wares Cloud and Dark Pit

But Paletuna is like 1000 years old

She's A Tier imo

Ans Samus dropped to B tier
Power or Zero?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wares Cloud and Dark Pit

Cloud needs a hair cut and Dark Pit keeps cutting me.

Also, Robin be shipping Lord/Lady.

Though honestly, I'm not one really for waifus or husbandos

Is that cause she really young?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Alright, let me get in on the waifu tier list. *cracks knuckles*

A Tier
:4palutena:
Nobody saw this coming, right? Really though, she's smart and funny, and probably doesn't insist on going out every single day like Peach. Really being 1000 years old isn't an issue IMO.

:rosalina:
Really calm and quiet, although she'd be more into books then noisy video games. Somewhat reclusive and has more specific interests then most. Isn't she implied to be at least a couple hundred years old? Her being a giant would be kinda awkward...

B Tier
:4peach:
Super fun and perky, but all the flippin' time. Every day has to be some silly date or whatever, and I definitely need an off button. For some reason I imagine her having some kind of big dog... I'm a cat person. Probably can't use big words around her either.

:4wiifit:
Seems balanced like Palutena, but much more habitual and rhythmic. Probably gets flustered over little things a lot, namely other people's habits. Honestly, she'd probably be too much like myself and we'd argue a lot... Never thought I'd compare myself to WFT. :p

C Tier
:4robinf:
Intellectual, but literal. Probably doesn't like jokes, but definitely gets quiet time. Her job and main hobby would be the same thing, whatever it ends up being... As long as what she does isn't terribly weird and she understands what I like we'll get along fine.

:4zss:
Very much a business woman. Probably insists to going to fancy restaurants and business parties... I'm kind of a cheapskate when it comes to going out. I'd stick around if we had something in common.

D Tier
:4lucina:
Probably thinks of herself as damaged or inferior... If she's going to whine 24/7 I really don't want to be a part of it, especially since I'd probably bring her down further. Definitely incompatible.

:4zelda:
Very bitter... About something. Probably doesn't laugh at my quips, is only really quiet when things are awkward and that'll be almost always since she's kinda unapproachable. Wouldn't even want to know her, to be honest.

E Tier
:4corrinf:
Getting some weird sheltered Christian girl vibes off of her... Assuming she's not some weirdo who's never played a video game in her life she still probably thinks I'm literally going to burn in hell for believing in evolution or whatever.

:4bayonetta:
Wouldn't work out. Ever.

Top Bottom