• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thought the only thing Smash 4 Pit had over Brawl Pit was the Upperdash Arm and a better voice actor.

Brawl Pit was awesome.
You're to late, we already ended the war, and Sm4sh Pit won

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
The only thing I miss about Brawl Pit is his Fair, down B, arrows, and his annoying as hell "The Fight is on!" Taunt.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
"You're not ready yet" was neat as well. I'm not sure if I prefer the taunts we have now or would have preferred Antony Del Rio record the brawl taunts for Sm4sh.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
If Pit had brawl arrows he'd be bottom top tier for sure. I can think of so many more frame traps I would be able to do.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Brawl arrows would probably put him in top 5, and not because of frame traps... At least Brawl Pit was kinda bad up close. Now, not so much. Pit would outcamp and outzone everybody in the game, and while his keep-away game is worse he really doesn't need to now. He'd practically be a mini Sheik.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Brawl arrows would probably put him in top 5, and not because of frame traps... At least Brawl Pit was kinda bad up close. Now, not so much. Pit would outcamp and outzone everybody in the game, and while his keep-away game is worse he really doesn't need to now. He'd practically be a mini Sheik.
Why say that? Very disgusting thing to say(Mini Shiek, that's what Greninja is for...:4greninja:'d)

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
"Mini Shiek" sounds pretty adorable. If he were a top tier, would people then have a "Pocket Pit"? That really rolls off the tongue!

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
I've been meaning to ask, does Pit/Dark Pit have a discord server?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't see why people think Mirror shield is better than GO. The only thing it has over OG is less endlag, cause i swear reading some it has the same start up

:135:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't see why people think Mirror shield is better than GO. The only thing it has over OG is less endlag, cause i swear reading some it has the same start up

Mirror Shield also "caped" characters that hit the shield on startup (and thus can gimp almost any character's recovery), had SA, had a stronger multiplier, and the reduced endlag means you can throw it out in neutral without being insta-punished.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mirror Shield also "caped" characters that hit the shield on startup (and thus can gimp almost any character's recovery), had SA, had a stronger multiplier, and the reduced endlag means you can throw it out in neutral without being insta-punished.
Also 100% unbreakable by non-projectiles.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Meh, hitting two sides is overrated in 1v1. And like LancerStaff LancerStaff said it was much less laggy so it wasn't a huge risk to accidentally point it the wrong way.
Huge Risk=Huge Reward, like the Upperdash/Electroshock Arms and any spike. Pit can pretty much do whatever the **** he wants as long as the player knows what they're doing...WITHOUT SPAMMING ARROWS!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Also 100% unbreakable by non-projectiles.
Pretty irrelevant all things considered... Actually, if it broke after some conventional amount of damage like Amplifying Orbitars do it'd be pretty helpful because the breaking animation is much faster then the normal putting away animation, and going without a reflector for ten seconds doesn't even matter most of the time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pretty irrelevant all things considered... Actually, if it broke after some conventional amount of damage like Amplifying Orbitars do it'd be pretty helpful because the breaking animation is much faster then the normal putting away animation, and going without a reflector for ten seconds doesn't even matter most of the time.
Just like every other reflector

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
Uh, probably would be able to tell ya if I knew what that was...
It's kind of like Skype, but more oriented for gamers. I've been using it for some time and it's been very convenient. If we don't have a server yet, I may consider starting one for those interested!

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Can't be serious bro

Just like every other reflector
Nah because regular reflectors only break after reflecting consecutively for a certain amount of time--something that almost never happens in one on ones anyway.

But could still only block 1 side
Mirror Shield could effectively reflect projectiles and even characters like Ness's PKT2 (GO's can only reflect Villager on the droid...). Didn't have that lame windbox that made it a niche gimper at best. And while GO's can absorb physical attacks, the endlag makes it largely ineffective in that regard--again, except in niche situations like when your shield is hurting and Ness is hurling at you on PKT2

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's kind of like Skype, but more oriented for gamers. I've been using it for some time and it's been very convenient. If we don't have a server yet, I may consider starting one for those interested!
Well, about that... I remember hearing something about a rule or something getting put up so people don't end up leaving the site to talk with Skype. IDK, I'd ask around before making that group.

Can't be serious bro

Nah because regular reflectors only break after reflecting consecutively for a certain amount of time--something that almost never happens in one on ones anyway.

Mirror Shield could effectively reflect projectiles and even characters like Ness's PKT2 (GO's can only reflect Villager on the droid...). Didn't have that lame windbox that made it a niche gimper at best. And while GO's can absorb physical attacks, the endlag makes it largely ineffective in that regard--again, except in niche situations like when your shield is hurting and Ness is hurling at you on PKT2
Mirror Shield was honestly one of those things that was too strong for it's own good. Don't think GOs had to suck as much as they do, but MS was pretty broke against a lot of characters' recoveries. Since it was Brawl it kinda went unnoticed... Eh. I'd rather see the windboxes buffed on GOs instead of endlag, really. Pit doesn't need another way to deal with projectiles, and it'll never be a good landing option without it being ridiculous.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I've been thinking for a bit and I was wondering.

You know how when you get laucnched offstage at higher percents, you may go out of hitstun and thus can act e.g airdodge, fair, etc. Sometimes you would still drift towards the blastzone and die.

The aerial upperdash halts momentum so I guess that could help us live a little longer, specifically b reverse upperdash so you take a step forward instead of back.

Although it may be punishable...... I'm gonna try/test this out more.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can't be serious bro

But they'll still break(maybe not Mario's cape though)

I've been able to reflect Droid without Villager, and Lucas's PKT(if that's Ness' PKT2 that is)has been reflected by me tons of time)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It would have been awesome if Pit kept his Brawl moveset and Dark Pit had Pit's current moveset (with the Electroarm still, except hitting upwards).
It's just that Brawl Pit was broke... Arrows won against everybody hard, so they were toned down. Not wanting them to be useless they jacked up the rate they turn at. Next was the WoI, which not only made Pit nearly impossible to catch, it made him completely impossible to catch on most fringe stages and necessitated their bans. So the PoF was it's replacement.

So with his two main gimmicks being all but required to be removed he either needed to have everything left get pumped up to absurd levels or he needed a revamp. About this time I imagine MK became the stubby-sworded, combo-off-the-top guy and Marth had his speed and safety gutted, which then gave Pit his niche as being the safe and grabby swordsman. Only after thet scrapped the Brawl moveset entirely did they decide to bring in Dark Pit as his own character.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Heyyyy... I'm back!

And for good this time. I love pacman, but I'm tired of his primarily defensive playstyle. After picking up a few characters and dropping them along the way, I've realized that my playstyle is more well rounded. I'm not primarily defensive, rush down, or bait and punish.

So in other words, Pit should have been my main from the start. I can still be highly creative with his tools (which is a big reason why I picked up pacman) and now my character matches my playstyle.

So what's up people?

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Heyyyy... I'm back!

And for good this time. I love pacman, but I'm tired of his primarily defensive playstyle. After picking up a few characters and dropping them along the way, I've realized that my playstyle is more well rounded. I'm not primarily defensive, rush down, or bait and punish.

So in other words, Pit should have been my main from the start. I can still be highly creative with his tools (which is a big reason why I picked up pacman) and now my character matches my playstyle.

So what's up people?
Hey, never seen you around here. But welcome back anyways! I've been in the whole "Picking up characters and dropping them" I've been looking for a secondary, but I just can't find one that's right for me yet. I've looked at Lucas, Falco, Marth, Ike, Link. I think I've settled on Diddy Kong, but I'm still not sure. His up-b is terrible.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heyyyy... I'm back!

So what's up people?
Didn't think you left...like...at all

Top Bottom