• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Are there any good KIU remixes that are not dark pit, magnus or boss fight 1?

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Are there any good KIU remixes that are not dark pit, magnus or boss fight 1?
There are KIU remixes of Magnus's theme and boss 1? but still, it's a d@mn shame that there are so few KIU remixes, I assume it's because the soundtrack is so good, people don't know how to top it...

Last edited:

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
What are some good out of shield options for Pit against Roy and MK? Can anyone help me on that plz

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What are some good out of shield options for Pit against Roy and MK? Can anyone help me on that plz
Uh, basically anything that'll reach? Both characters are extremely lacking in shield safety. If Roy's spacing for sweetspot hits you can probably just grab him OoS or maybe even Usmash. Try Dair and Nair OoS depending on the situation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, basically anything that'll reach? Both characters are extremely lacking in shield safety. If Roy's spacing for sweetspot hits you can probably just grab him OoS or maybe even Usmash. Try Dair and Nair OoS depending on the situation.
Poor Roy...not a Boy anymore

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Mirror Shield also "caped" characters that hit the shield on startup (and thus can gimp almost any character's recovery), had SA, had a stronger multiplier, and the reduced endlag means you can throw it out in neutral without being insta-punished.
"Caped"? You mean like Mario's cape?

Yeah, I do kind of wish the endlag was less, given that the move has to be held for a certain amount of time even if you just press the button.

Also, with Pit's Bair, why do you say his Brawl version is better? They have the same power I believe, unless you are referring to it's endlag.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
"Caped"? You mean like Mario's cape?

Yeah, I do kind of wish the endlag was less, given that the move has to be held for a certain amount of time even if you just press the button.

Also, with Pit's Bair, why do you say his Brawl version is better? They have the same power I believe, unless you are referring to it's endlag.
Yeah, almost exactly like Mario's cape.

Brawl Bair came out faster, definitely hit harder and at a lower angle, didn't have a sourspot on the first few frames, and had a gigantic lingering hitbox since he held it out like Mario would with his Nair. Not sure about endlag... It had less range compared to SSB4's Bair and doesn't lead to extremely hard to use combos, but that's about it.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, almost exactly like Mario's cape.

Brawl Bair came out faster, definitely hit harder and at a lower angle, didn't have a sourspot on the first few frames, and had a gigantic lingering hitbox since he held it out like Mario would with his Nair. Not sure about endlag... It had less range compared to SSB4's Bair and doesn't lead to extremely hard to use combos, but that's about it.
Eh, either way, I still like GO.

Huh, that is quiet a a few changes. I mean, it's not nerfed into the ground, but still, Brawl Bair sounds pretty good.

:135:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Eh, either way, I still like GO.

Huh, that is quiet a a few changes. I mean, it's not nerfed into the ground, but still, Brawl Bair sounds pretty good.

It's my favorite aerial from Brawl Pit

Move stays active for a loooong time, less endlag than Smash 4's version, it's aall around better

comes faster, better damage, better knockback (remember killing mid weights around 115% midstage), stays long so even if it missed sour spot can still hit/stop some approaches.

the only thing Smash 4 version has over it is the range, but that's what Pit generally has over brawl.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So with the Nintendo Direct coming Thursday we might be having a patch sometime soon. Well, hopefully my cold will of cleared up by then... Haven't had much time to lab stuff between blowing my schnoz and sleeping.

Maybe if it gets worse I can take the day off lolol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's my favorite aerial from Brawl Pit

Move stays active for a loooong time, less endlag than Smash 4's version, it's aall around better

comes faster, better damage, better knockback (remember killing mid weights around 115% midstage), stays long so even if it missed sour spot can still hit/stop some approaches.

the only thing Smash 4 version has over it is the range, but that's what Pit generally has over brawl.
Oh jez, that move is good. Kind of wish they'd buff it's kill power now. Actually, I kind of wish they'd buff Pit's kill power in general.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Oh jez, that move is good. Kind of wish they'd buff it's kill power now. Actually, I kind of wish they'd buff Pit's kill power in general.

Pit's kill power is just fine IMO, it's just that he has no set ups for kills. F-throw is a reliable kill throw at ledge, Upperdash, upsmash and f-smash are good at killing, it's just that they have no set-ups. also you can get some offstage kills with F-air, d-air spikes and if you have the balls to do it, you can kill with electroshock offstage.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pit's kill power is just fine IMO, it's just that he has no set ups for kills. F-throw is a reliable kill throw at ledge, Upperdash, upsmash and f-smash are good at killing, it's just that they have no set-ups. also you can get some offstage kills with F-air, d-air spikes and if you have the balls to do it, you can kill with electroshock offstage.
Okay, it's not bad, but compared to a number of the other Smashers, it is a little below average. Though I should note, I am most talking about his aerials and Upperdash Arm.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit is an all around balanced character, so there will be some sacrifices made

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Having Fthrow kill is a big deal, especially since his dash speed and dash grab are great too. Doesn't quite make up for not having kill setups compared to the top tiers but still, it's a lot better then most character's gameplan of hoping for a big punish or something.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Chicken and The Edge still needs to be this social's new thread name

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
Pit was one of the first characters I've played in this game. As such, I didn't really appreciate F-throw, since I assumed most other characters could probably do something similar. I now know that this isn't the case, and as such am really appreciating F-throw that much more!

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I kill with FThrow alot

and made people expect it often so they spotdodge, that's when I upperdash after dash instead of grabbing.

FThrow <3

in general what I kill with most:

Up Smash. (this move is crazy good, especially with rage)
Forward throw.
Down Air to stage spikes or meteor smash.
Punish FSmash.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I kill with FThrow alot

and made people expect it often so they spotdodge, that's when I upperdash after dash instead of grabbing.

FThrow <3

in general what I kill with most:

Up Smash. (this move is crazy good, especially with rage)
Forward throw.
Down Air to stage spikes or meteor smash.
Punish FSmash.
I seem to have trouble KOing with Fthrow. Though it could be the CPU's near perfect DI/vectoring.

Also, I still kind of wish they would fix up Usmash's hitbox.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
You know how I mentioned before, pit can nair or fair chain, similiar to Shiek? was finally able to get a recording.

This works on pretty much the entire cast however you are able to link more nairs/fairs together if the character is heavier, falls faster or has a larger hurtbox. It is important that you fast fall autocancel your aerials or this won't true combo. Nair is also better at linking together than fair.

Now let's get into the crazy bits, nair can true combo into any aerial but the craziest one is dair, not only can you start dair chains on some characters but for e.g on link i was able to true combo nair > nair > dair > footstool > dair jab reset > dair > dair > etc.

Heheh, talk about an all rounder, first we pulling shiek's now we pulling greninjas.

(I'll try get a vid up after exams are over)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You know how I mentioned before, pit can nair or fair chain, similiar to Shiek? was finally able to get a recording.

This works on pretty much the entire cast however you are able to link more nairs/fairs together if the character is heavier, falls faster or has a larger hurtbox. It is important that you fast fall autocancel your aerials or this won't true combo. Nair is also better at linking together than fair.

Now let's get into the crazy bits, nair can true combo into any aerial but the craziest one is dair, not only can you start dair chains on some characters but for e.g on link i was able to true combo nair > nair > dair > footstool > dair jab reset > dair > dair > etc.

Heheh, talk about an all rounder, first we pulling shiek's now we pulling greninjas.

That was so electrifying, The Rock showed up

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

I mean, not trying to stifle discussion, but I'm still skeptical that it's a true combo. Multihit moves are easy to DI too, so even if it is then it could be a situation like Roy's "kill confirm" Dthrow Uspecial combo.

Once my head clears up and the patch has settled, if it even happens, I'm going to test this ASAP.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Okay, really glad the update didn't come today. Because I feel like **** right now.

Besides that though, wasn't too fond of the direct. Didn't care for much TP to start with, (without glitches hehe (that they'll patch, RIP Longjump attack 2007-2016)) and the rest of it was mostly old news from Japan besides Smash. I mean, Starfox, my big hype game got pushed off to April... And Bill made it sound like it got un-delayed for a moment there. Free updates are nice but nothing really of importance. Blah blah RPGs that have been in Japan for like two years, no big turnaround on Paper Jam, Mario Maker getting basically nothing as far as I'm concerned, Linkle I can't really get behind because she's not like Linebeck or something and I'm totally burned-out on HW, and then both Japan and Europe got some good VC in Mother 3 and the DS Zeldas (I like 'em more then TP, so sue me) respectively while the Americas got shafted.

On the bright side though, got some mild surprises in Megaman and MN9, the later I've been intentionally ignoring so I'm not hyper spoiled. Cloud actually looks like an interesting character, although I'm not considering picking him up or anything. But the fact that we're getting the presentation after Cloud is a big thing everybody seems to be neglecting... Like, what could outdo Cloud in terms of shock factor? What could they be hiding that's more important then Cloud? I mean... It's also supposed to be the last SSBU presentation and most likely introduce the last character DLC we'll get. Unless they're planning on dumping a truckload of content on us (Target Test plz) I can't fathom why they need at least twenty minutes to talk about it.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Okay, really glad the update didn't come today. Because I feel like **** right now.

Besides that though, wasn't too fond of the direct. Didn't care for much TP to start with, (without glitches hehe (that they'll patch, RIP Longjump attack 2007-2016)) and the rest of it was mostly old news from Japan besides Smash. I mean, Starfox, my big hype game got pushed off to April... And Bill made it sound like it got un-delayed for a moment there. Free updates are nice but nothing really of importance. Blah blah RPGs that have been in Japan for like two years, no big turnaround on Paper Jam, Mario Maker getting basically nothing as far as I'm concerned, Linkle I can't really get behind because she's not like Linebeck or something and I'm totally burned-out on HW, and then both Japan and Europe got some good VC in Mother 3 and the DS Zeldas (I like 'em more then TP, so sue me) respectively while the Americas got shafted.

On the bright side though, got some mild surprises in Megaman and MN9, the later I've been intentionally ignoring so I'm not hyper spoiled. Cloud actually looks like an interesting character, although I'm not considering picking him up or anything. But the fact that we're getting the presentation after Cloud is a big thing everybody seems to be neglecting... Like, what could outdo Cloud in terms of shock factor? What could they be hiding that's more important then Cloud? I mean... It's also supposed to be the last SSBU presentation and most likely introduce the last character DLC we'll get. Unless they're planning on dumping a truckload of content on us (Target Test plz) I can't fathom why they need at least twenty minutes to talk about it.
I might pick up Cloud, he looks like a cool character. And my friends aren't happy about cloud in smash. It was the same way I picked up Dark Pit back when sm4sh first came out...
wait, did MOTHER 3 COME OUT IN EUROPE!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!
REGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Mario Maker got checkpoints and a website, how is that nothing?

Also, John Cena and Goku would be unexpected...but not gonna happen.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I might pick up Cloud, he looks like a cool character. And my friends aren't happy about cloud in smash. It was the same way I picked up Dark Pit back when sm4sh first came out...
wait, did MOTHER 3 COME OUT IN EUROPE!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!
REGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mother 3 came out in Japan while the DS Zeldas got released in Europe.

Mario Maker got checkpoints and a website, how is that nothing?

Also, John Cena and Goku would be unexpected...but not gonna happen.
We've had checkpoints though. I'm talking about what we got in the direct... Can't say I'll use the website more then once.

Well yeah, but I'm doubting they're going to go so far as to include non-video game characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mother 3 came out in Japan while the DS Zeldas got released in Europe.

We've had checkpoints though. I'm talking about what we got in the direct... Can't say I'll use the website more then once.

Well yeah, but I'm doubting they're going to go so far as to include non-video game characters.
I know, but would still be unexpected

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Mother 3 came out in Japan while the DS Zeldas got released in Europe
thank you for clearing that up. It's a shame that the ds zeldas didn't come to America. but I still have my copies of them and they work fine. There still is hope that mother3 will come to the west

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
thank you for clearing that up. It's a shame that the ds zeldas didn't come to America. but I still have my copies of them and they work fine. There still is hope that mother3 will come to the west
Not this year though(unless christmas)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With the rate the while website is going, we're not gonna make it to 100 pages before January, maybe in February.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
LancerStaff LancerStaff does how much you can DI scale with your damage? or rather, is DI just as useful at escaping combos at lower percents than at higher percents?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
LancerStaff LancerStaff does how much you can DI scale with your damage? or rather, is DI just as useful at escaping combos at lower percents than at higher percents?
Pure DI is just altering the angle, but vectoring I'm not sure about.

TMNT is a quirky fellow, but I'm assuming he's talking about the terrorist attack in Paris France and not the social thread.

We're approaching 200 people dead as a result of multiple attacks throughout the city.

Top Bottom