• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pure DI is just altering the angle, but vectoring I'm not sure about.

TMNT is a quirky fellow, but I'm assuming he's talking about the terrorist attack in Paris France and not the social thread.

We're approaching 200 people dead as a result of multiple attacks throughout the city.
ReRaze ReRaze needs to be in this to because I'm lazy, but 1 was for the social, and the other was accidently for the Paris thing...didn't know until I hit the Robin boards.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
ReRaze ReRaze needs to be in this to because I'm lazy, but 1 was for the social, and the other was accidently for the Paris thing...didn't know until I hit the Robin boards.
lolwut, what do i need to be in?

edit: nvm I think I got it lol

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Recently got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at tournaments. Thanks to all who gave me tips.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Seems kinda dead serious right now so I'm gonna shift the atmosphere to something light.
Aside from KIU tracks what other music do you pit mains like listening to? Personally I listen to every genre but as for specific game tracks I loved Megaman Zero and the Kingdom heart tracks.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Seems kinda dead serious right now so I'm gonna shift the atmosphere to something light.
Aside from KIU tracks what other music do you pit mains like listening to? Personally I listen to every genre but as for specific game tracks I loved Megaman Zero and the Kingdom heart tracks.
when I need to relax, I like to listen to Tracks from Professor Layton and mother3, but otherwise, I normally listen to Johnny Atma and GlitchxCity, and of course, KIU.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm feeling like we'll need another MU Thread...again...for like the 5th time...this year.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Whenever I need some chill music I like to turn on something from Good Feel, so Wario Land Shake It, Kirby's Epic Yarn and (I'm assuming because I haven't played it) Yoshi's Woolly World.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Whenever I need some chill music I like to turn on something from Good Feel, so Wario Land Shake It, Kirby's Epic Yarn and (I'm assuming because I haven't played it) Yoshi's Woolly World.
What about Dog's Theme? That helps with homework and sleeping aswell.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Undertale, Pokemon, PacMan world...

When I want to feel like I'm going on an adventure I listen to these lol.

And the boss theme from KIU is still one of my favorite pieces in Nintendo history

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Undertale, Pokemon, PacMan world...

When I want to feel like I'm going on an adventure I listen to these lol.

And the boss theme from KIU is still one of my favorite pieces in Nintendo history
1, 2, or both?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Either a new MU thread or more activity is needed as of this moment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Settle down man, Smashboards as a whole has been really slow lately. Well, besides Cloud, but that's casual hype and not real discussion.
That excuse doesn't work with that thread, since it hasn't been active even before the fall of the site.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Soooo, just something interesting.......utilt can jab reset but only the first hit and the way to get that first hit is by doing a sliding utilt either by sliding pivots from a jump or turnaround dash, a perfect pivot or even simply walking utilt under a platform and yes it jab resets at kill percents (only issue is the spacing is really strict). I wonder if Smashville's platforms will be of use...
You can also use the first hit of utilt to drag people off platforms e.g battliefield, if someone is near the edge you can do a sliding utilt to drag them off sending them into the special tumble animation that cant be teched and therefore you can follow up with another reset or at kill percents, Fsmash.

Situational I guess but it gives us another use for utilt and utilt is great at pressuring under platforms anyway with its low cooldown so no reason not to go for it.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Soooo.....utilt can jab reset but only the first hit and the way to get that first hit is by doing a sliding utilt either by sliding pivots from a jump or turnaround dash, a perfect pivot or even simply walking utilt, and yes it jab resets at kill percents (only issue is the spacing is really strict). I wonder if Smashville's platforms will be of use...
You can also use the first hit of utilt to drag people off platforms e.g battliefield, if someone is near the edge you can do a sliding utilt to drag them off sending them into the special tumble animation that cant be teched and therefore you can follow up with another reset or at kill percents, Fsmash.

Situational I guess but it gives us a use for utilt and utilt is great at pressuring under platforms anyway with its low cooldown so no reason not to go for it.
I normally use Upsmash to pressure under platforms, is there anything that uptilt has over upsmash when it comes to pressuring under platforms?
Cool job reset though

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I normally use Upsmash to pressure under platforms, is there anything that uptilt has over upsmash when it comes to pressuring under platforms?
Cool job reset though
less cooldown, if your opponent drops shield or spotdodges you are more ready to punish I guess.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
less cooldown, if your opponent drops shield or spotdodges you are more ready to punish I guess.
Hm... they both come out on frame 6, but if my opponent adapts to upsmash, it can be punished. I'll try out up-tilt to pressure opponents, maybe upsmash could be a mix-up at high percents?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Hm... they both come out on frame 6, but if my opponent adapts to upsmash, it can be punished. I'll try out up-tilt to pressure opponents, maybe upsmash could be a mix-up at high percents?
Yeah I guess but some other things to consider is whether you will have to run under the platform or not, if you are far away maybe a running jump cancel usmash would be best. Also you're right usmash would probably be best at higher percents e.g if your opponent drops shield too early or doesn't shield on accident...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Upperdash or Electroshock...which is better in general?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
So how do guys deal with fox? He keeps running circles around me in nuetral since Fair spacing isn't valid against his small stature and ftilt is unsafe on his sheild unless tipped.

Even grabbing him is hard since he out maneuvers us so well, his Nair is such an unfair landing tool, and his bair has an autocancel of the gods.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I didn't mean me, I meant Upperdash vs Electroshock
Upperdash would win, i'll list out reasons in terms of 1v1.
-Dark Pit is a floaty so he dies earlier than fast fallers to vertical knocback
-Electroshock is reliant on stage control to win, something pit has better tools for due to:
-Arrows able to dictate the pace of the match by outcamping and forcing Dark Pit to commit rather than pit, giving Pit stage control.
-Upperdash will knock dark pit at a steeper angle than the electroshock meaning pit will gain stage control faster because he is closer to the ground.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So how do guys deal with fox? He keeps running circles around me in nuetral since Fair spacing isn't valid against his small stature and ftilt is unsafe on his sheild unless tipped.

Even grabbing him is hard since he out maneuvers us so well, his Nair is such an unfair landing tool, and his bair has an autocancel of the gods.
Question this in the dead MU Thread...that's dead.
Upperdash would win, i'll list out reasons in terms of 1v1.
-Dark Pit is a floaty so he dies earlier than fast fallers to vertical knocback
-Electroshock is reliant on stage control to win, something pit has better tools for due to:
-Arrows able to dictate the pace of the match by outcamping and forcing Dark Pit to commit rather than pit, giving Pit stage control.
-Upperdash will knock dark pit at a steeper angle than the electroshock meaning pit will gain stage control faster because he is closer to the ground.
Dark Pit is the same weight as Pit though...

Top Bottom