• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well guys, I'm deciding to drop Pit from my main to my third/fourth behind ZSS, Cloud, and Roy. I simply just don't enjoy playing with him. He's just so average that it's not fun to me. I hate that there's a character so incredibly average in this game. I used to consider him one of the best mid-tiers, but I can't stand being outclassed by opponents every time I play.

Tomorrow I'm going to a tournament and it'll be the last time I use Pit for a while, in order to get Roy, ZSS, and Cloud up to speed. Part of me is unexcited about the tournament because I'll have to use Pit since he's my best character still. But I genuinely don't have fun playing Smash with him anymore. I'll still lurk the Pitboards, though, looking for updates on the character and the meta.

Just letting everyone know. Dark Pit is still my favorite character in the game. Go Pit!
Before I say anything else, let me say I don't mind that you're kinda giving up Pit.

It needs to be said that Pit is way better then mid tier. He's undisputably high tier at this point. Pit's not average at everything, we know how Brawl Mario turned out. He's great at everything besides killing, and even then Mario can't really kill with throws or Uairs. If Nairo were playing him most people would consider him a top tier, wether or not it'd be true.

And if you're expecting better results with anybody besides ZSS, well, you should temper your expectations. Even with ZSS, if you're losing that much with Pit it honestly means that your fundamentals need work. Roy is proven to be bad in this game. Probably in the same spot he was in Melee, just that people don't notice because Marth is right beside him now.

Cloud I see cut from the same cloth as the likes of Roy, Mewtwo, Palutena and I'll say DK and be optimistic. Ike isn't a good comparison because he doesn't have nearly as many killing moves. And due to how Smash is balanced, that's a bad thing. Without a charged limit break his recovery looks to be poor. He floats as he runs so he's at the very least not heavy either, meaning he's large and has poor survival. Not a winning combination. Projectile also looks like it'll lose to most anything due to it's poor range, and besides maybe Dsmash his frame data looks bad. Not exactly a good track record for the DLC either.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Cloud I see cut from the same cloth as the likes of Roy, Mewtwo, Palutena and I'll say DK and be optimistic. Ike isn't a good comparison because he doesn't have nearly as many killing moves. And due to how Smash is balanced, that's a bad thing. Without a charged limit break his recovery looks to be poor. He floats as he runs so he's at the very least not heavy either, meaning he's large and has poor survival. Not a winning combination. Projectile also looks like it'll lose to most anything due to it's poor range, and besides maybe Dsmash his frame data looks bad. Not exactly a good track record for the DLC either.
To be fair though, it was a 3 minute trailer, and they may not be done with cloud yet. We never saw him get hit in that trailer so we don't really know heavy he is. I have hope for him though.
What do you mean by that? Competitive wise or Hype wise?
Competitive obviously, did you see people's reactions to trailers, even with Roy and Ryu, they were still extremely hype, at the time of course.
Ryu is high tier in my opinion, his moves link into each other really well, he has a good amount of set-ups into True-shoryuken, and path 1.1.1 improved his neutral too.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair though, it was a 3 minute trailer, and they may not be done with cloud yet. We never saw him get hit in that trailer so we don't really know heavy he is. I have hope for him though.

Competitive obviously, did you see people's reactions to trailers, even with Roy and Ryu, they were still extremely hype, at the time of course.
Ryu is high tier in my opinion, his moves link into each other really well, he has a good amount of set-ups into True-shoryuken, and path 1.1.1 improved his neutral too.
Some offense, but I was asking LancerStaff LancerStaff not you. Not everyone has the same opinions anyways...plus Ryu is top tier at worst, and op at best.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Eh :4cloud:'s really shaping up to be something like :4shulk: imo

:4cloud: looks sorta easy to gimp and maybe with a tad bit weight in him

Oh and their dairs lol

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Oh and their dairs lol
Anime characters...besides Robin...are treated with the most care and hype compared to those like Rosalina and Bowser Jr(Little Mac and Duck Hunt are the lucky ones, Greninja was mixed at best, and Villager is just extremly evil. Wii Fig was just hated on for no good reason whatsoever). Ryu, Megaman, and Pacman also got it lucky, Cloud has the Shulk disease, and Sonic isn't even new

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Well guys, I'm deciding to drop Pit from my main to my third/fourth behind ZSS, Cloud, and Roy. I simply just don't enjoy playing with him. He's just so average that it's not fun to me. I hate that there's a character so incredibly average in this game. I used to consider him one of the best mid-tiers, but I can't stand being outclassed by opponents every time I play.

Tomorrow I'm going to a tournament and it'll be the last time I use Pit for a while, in order to get Roy, ZSS, and Cloud up to speed. Part of me is unexcited about the tournament because I'll have to use Pit since he's my best character still. But I genuinely don't have fun playing Smash with him anymore. I'll still lurk the Pitboards, though, looking for updates on the character and the meta.

Just letting everyone know. Dark Pit is still my favorite character in the game. Go Pit!
I felt that way for a while too but then I went back and played KIU and realised I don't play Pit because he's good, bad or average in the meta, I don't care if he's outclassed by other chars, I played pit cuz I liked the character alot and I wanna rep what he can do.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I felt that way for a while too but then I went back and played KIU and realised I don't play Pit because he's good, bad or average in the meta, I don't care if he's outclassed by other chars, I played pit cuz I liked the character alot and I wanna rep what he can do.
Yeah I do like Pit as a character but my mood playing with him staled out for me. But then again, I never played any of the KI games, or Pit in Brawl. He's simply my favorite character in this game so maybe it's a bit different. I don't really have nostalgia or another attachment to the character to lean on

Oh and their dairs lol
yeah, I don't expect much too much from him. Hopefully he turns out to be like Ryu and there's more to the character than how he first appears

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
I have seen Dark Pit ACing his side-B when recovering. Like one DP used Side-B when he was like DP feet above the ledge and the side-b ACed. Is this something that has been known for long time or? Just wondering.

Also damn you guys like to talk a lot.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Yeah I do like Pit as a character but my mood playing with him staled out for me. But then again, I never played any of the KI games, or Pit in Brawl. He's simply my favorite character in this game so maybe it's a bit different. I don't really have nostalgia or another attachment to the character to lean on
Ah well, I guess taking a break from pit would do you some good, maybe give you that nostalgia feel you're looking for if you come back to him :p or better yet you HAVE to play KIU it is totally worth it.
But in all honesty you're always welcome here so stick around just incase we find some stuff that may get you into pit again :)

I have seen Dark Pit ACing his side-B when recovering. Like one DP used Side-B when he was like DP feet above the ledge and the side-b ACed. Is this something that has been known for long time or? Just wondering.

Also damn you guys like to talk a lot.
Well there are a couple ways to cancel arm endlag, most common way involving ledges, did he side b towards the ledge, land on the ledge and then his side b had no endlag as he slid off? Or maybe the side b aerial animation ended just as he landed. if so, yeah we knew. If not....vid pls ^_^

This is a social ofc we'd chatter here but this ain't even much have, we haven't even broken 100 pages yet. Have you seen the Zelda social?

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Yeah, that's happened to me a couple times when I've missed the ledge. Not sure about it, could be a potential movement option. Not sure.
This is a social ofc we'd chatter here but this ain't even much have, we haven't even broken 100 pages yet. Have you seen the Zelda social?
I don't even play zelda, and I love the Zelda social.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, that's happened to me a couple times when I've missed the ledge. Not sure about it, could be a potential movement option. Not sure.

I don't even play zelda, and I love the Zelda social.
The Zelda Boards seem...like Robin's

Routa

Smash Lord
Well there are a couple ways to cancel arm endlag, most common way involving ledges, did he side b towards the ledge, land on the ledge and then his side b had no endlag as he slid off? Or maybe the side b aerial animation ended just as he landed. if so, yeah we knew. If not....vid pls ^_^

I think it was the first 1, but my memory isn't the greatest and I forgot to record it :S I will try to recreate it (note I play the 3DS version).

But seriously you guys talk a lot. Mii Swordfighter social thread is pretty much... Well silent :S

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think it was the first 1, but my memory isn't the greatest and I forgot to record it :S I will try to recreate it (note I play the 3DS version).

But seriously you guys talk a lot. Mii Swordfighter social thread is pretty much... Well silent :S
It's weird seeing you somewhere that doesn't relate to tiers

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I've been getting tired of Pit as well. I usually play with Mario or Diddy for a couple of days then go back to Pit. Pit is the only character in this game I can play for more than a couple of days. Hoping I like some of the DLC characters coming. I didn't like Roy, Lucas, Mewtwo, or Ryu. I looking at Cloud, I probably won't like him either. I will say though that if you're not doing well with Pit then it's mostly because of your lack of fundamentals. The better your baiting, reading, and movement become the better your Pit will become. Me maining pit for so long made it easier to switch characters as I please because I've learned so much fundamentals from playing Pit because he doesn't rely on gimmicks.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Moral of the story is that non-linear gameplay isn't inherently better. I'd rather they didn't and set up a series of open fields like Xenoblade had if they wanted space to gallop around that badly.

But yeah, thanks.
So make Zelda more like Skyrim?

I thought that is what they are doing with Zelda U?

You're Welcome :)

That wasn't a real thing. All a dream
We'll then, thank Gods.

:135:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are you saying that Sakurai is a god, and after meeting up with Palutena and Viridi he decided to make a game inspired by them?
Eh, more so just don't always believe in what people say. Seriously, the Universe is just so big that literally anything is possible.

Though what you said could also be just as possible. Maybe not in this Universe/world, but in a different one it could be.

We just may never know.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Eh, more so just don't always believe in what people say. Seriously, the Universe is just so big that literally anything is possible.

Though what you said could also be just as possible. Maybe not in this Universe/world, but in a different one it could be.

We just may never know.

We do know, God made our world, and can easily destory it aswell

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From the Jessica Jones Netflix show that premiered Friday 11/20