• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh, so it's like an improve version of auto cancel?

So a better why of firing arrows?
Better way of firing single arrows, yeah. Naturally you get a silent landing and you can use another jump to get away without a jumpsquat too. Total frames comes to about 50 with the jumpsquat, and it has about 25 frames of endlag counting from the moment the arrow appears to when you'll land.

Can someone tell me or give me the think on where I can see the orbitars properties? I'm talking about frame data, how much damage it can take, how much stronger reflects projectiles, etc. (I'm at work and I can't look it up for myself)
Windboxes and the protection comes out on frame 9, reflects at 1.5, breaks at 50%, lasts a minimum of 22 frames and a maximum of 82, and has 30 frames of endlag when you release the button.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
LancerStaff LancerStaff can you explain to me how the damage applies to the KBG on moves?

Levenai talked about it in the Zelda social about why Luma's utilt is the same amount as warlock punch because Luma does pathetic damage so the knockback is multiplied

sooooooooooo....

Explain?

And also I'm a bit curious about the KBG on the last hit of uair

It shows 270 but it's not really god at killing is it?

Does it have something to do with the 2% it gives?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
LancerStaff LancerStaff can you explain to me how the damage applies to the KBG on moves?

Levenai talked about it in the Zelda social about why Luma's utilt is the same amount as warlock punch because Luma does pathetic damage so the knockback is multiplied

sooooooooooo....

Explain?

Luma is the Devil of Mario now...Luigi lost his reign in MarioKart 8

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

sooooooooooo....

Explain?

This is exactly what confused me as well. He did say that damage did have to do something with it.

:135:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
This is exactly what confused me as well. He did say that damage did have to do something with it.

I think the less damage the move has the more it'll be multiplied which is one of the reason why Luma's moves do lot's of knockback?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think the less damage the move has the more it'll be multiplied which is one of the reason why Luma's moves do lot's of knockback?
Multiplied? What do you mean? Also, wouldn't that mean Pit would be really strong too?

Better way of firing single arrows, yeah. Naturally you get a silent landing and you can use another jump to get away without a jumpsquat too. Total frames comes to about 50 with the jumpsquat, and it has about 25 frames of endlag counting from the moment the arrow appears to when you'll land.
Silent landing? Jumpsquat?

I think I need to read the Smash Dictionary in more detail............

Anyway, so is the way you do it is jump, cancel that jump, quickly press b to get an arrow ready, fire it and you should land with zero landing lag?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Multiplied? What do you mean? Also, wouldn't that mean Pit would be really strong too?
Not really

Pit's damage output isn't even close to as pathetic as Luma's

I think the 7% utilt multiplies or something like that to the knockback

upload_2015-10-29_19-27-1.png

See this?

Yellow it the neutral position; when your just standing there

Red is the jumpsquat. Each chars jumpsquat is different. Robin's is 6(?) frames so she gets into the air slower than other fighters

And blue is when they're in the air/when they're jumping

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Not really

View attachment 80576

See this?

Red is the jumpsquat. Each chars jumpsquat is different. Robin's is 6(?) frames so she gets into the air slower than other fighters

That picture is beautiful, a modern da vinci that is.
But seriously, what frame does :4pit:'s jumpsquat?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not really

View attachment 80576

See this?

Oh I see. I guess that the other data was how long the jump animation is before you can act out of it?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

sooooooooooo....

Explain?

Damage delt acts as a multiplier... Not sure if we even have the calculations yet. Imagine we have the numbers for BKB and KBG but it doesn't really matter since we don't know how damage effects it.

Uair KOs decently well, but I think you need to build the opponent's damage rather then rely on rage and it's also fairly positional.

I think I need to read the Smash Dictionary in more detail............

Anyway, so is the way you do it is jump, cancel that jump, quickly press b to get an arrow ready, fire it and you should land with zero landing lag?

Well, I just made up the silent landing thing... I call it that because you're actually landing without making a noise (hence the name) and it eliminates hard or soft landing lag. Although I think TL players probably made up a name for it back in Brawl.

But seriously, what frame does :4pit:'s jumpsquat?
Five. Most everything frame data-wise is on Kuroganehammer.com though.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Some new gameplay footage of myself

Round 2 :4mario:Boomtoast (ranked 19th on the IL PR)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HbEGq5g_k

Skip to game 3 (if you don't care about the Charizard battle)

Round 3 :rosalina: NiTe (ranked 7th on the IL PR)

I'm was really struggling in that matchup. If you guys have any ideas on what I should doing in that matchup differently, please due tell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPPaYQvKmA
You should be a bit more careful using GOs as a shield... Usually you want to use them to escape to the ledge. Landing with it should be a once a set thing.

Got a little spammy with Electroshock when you went Dark Pit. If you really want to use it that badly in neutral you should use the aerial version (which limits the punish to a Nair or Fair in that matchup) unless it's your last resort and need a KO that badly or something.

You should work on how you handle Luma. You whiffed it a lot, actually...

Rosalina is pretty slippery, so I'd try catching attempted landings with SH Uairs rather then Utilts or smashes. I'll just come out and say that SH Uair is underutilized as a whole, actually... Pretty sure you can FF on hit and convert that into a Usmash the vast majority of the time. Don't go thinking it should replace Usmash though, that's frame 6 and a Uair is like frame 15 with the jumpsquat.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Some new gameplay footage of myself

Round 2 :4mario:Boomtoast (ranked 19th on the IL PR)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HbEGq5g_k

Skip to game 3 (if you don't care about the Charizard battle)

Round 3 :rosalina: NiTe (ranked 7th on the IL PR)

I was really struggling in that matchup. If you guys have any ideas on what I should doing in that matchup differently, please due tell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPPaYQvKmA
For rosalina you're gonna need to change your playstyle. You're too aggressive. Space with short hop fairs and ftilts. Both of those moves send luma away. I would say a well space f smash is good to send luma off stage, but you'll get punished for it with whether it's spaced well or not. Usually I'll throw out a random fair to bait in an approach from them and buffer a ftilt, dtilt, or dmsash (fastest grounded option) right after to hit them. Works really well against Rosalina and Luma. The good players will start to approach with shield after you fair and then that's when you go in for the grabs after you conditioned them into shielding. Spacing is really important in the Rosalina match up for both characters.

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
Oho there's some reasons why :4zelda: bad:

All of her specials are practically useless except for elevator, but you can still DI it

Nayru's is just used as a "Ew! Get off of me!" and has no follow-ups. It can be abused online because of lag but offline people will usually see it coming

2 of her aerials are the lightning lag kicks which aren't that good

She's got dthrow combos but not too many follow ups compared to other chars

She's light, and slow

Overall she's a glass cannon that needs precision or else she'll get bopped

Bad

I'm sure that Zelda can be used in competitive in some sort of way though

And Nairo dropped(?) Zelda a long time ago but the Zelda meta didn't die

Zelda doesn't have any big players using her but she still got some players putting work in her, just that they're not as big as Nairo

I fell like big players are just a wake up call to others saying that we should put work into this char (Wasn't there that one Japanese Shulk that used MALLC and at the time that the Shulk boards thought that MALLC was impossible?)

Wall of text done~

That is an amazing montage

Prob one of the best I've seen tbh
Yo thats my montage, thanks man : 3

Zydro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zydro21
3DS FC
5198-2605-2089
One thing I took from this video is fast fall up air into upsmash. I found a consistent way to land them. Now I just want to try it on a human later. And I wish pit's ftilt would jab lock like dark pit's.
You found a consistant one, please explain?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I laughed way too hard at this after I'e seen my picture xD
Damage delt acts as a multiplier... Not sure if we even have the calculations yet. Imagine we have the numbers for BKB and KBG but it doesn't really matter since we don't know how damage effects it.

Uair KOs decently well, but I think you need to build the opponent's damage rather then rely on rage and it's also fairly positional.
So after some digging I found it~
That's because growth is multiplied with damage. Luma has high growth values on most of its attacks because its attacks do pathetic damage.

Luma utilt: 8 damage x 0.6 KBG = 4.8
Warlock Punch: 30 x 0.42 = 12.6

The knockback formula also uses the target's percentage after the hit, so there is that to consider too.

Growth by itself is a pretty worthless value tbh (that could be another fun fact!)
So I think all the stuff I said was wrong because of my memory :p

So KBG is used to calculate and BKB is used to actually see how much knockback it'll get, right?

And now I'm curious about the useless fact of how many angles Pit's recovery can do

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I laughed way too hard at this after I'e seen my picture xD

So after some digging I found it~

So I think all the stuff I said was wrong because of my memory :p

So KBG is used to calculate and BKB is used to actually see how much knockback it'll get, right?

And now I'm curious about the useless fact of how many angles Pit's recovery can do
There's nearly horizontal, a 45 degree angle, nearly straight up (which is enough to reach the ledge directly from the bottom blastzone BTW), and straight, plus the mirrored ones of course. The customs are limited to 45 degrees or less IIRC.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
Feels like it's been half a year since I've seen you around SilverWolfLaguz SilverWolfLaguz .
Sorry, work's been kicking my ass, money's been tight. I simply had no time to get on.

I am digging the new shield mechanic for Pit(too) though. All we need is for Sheik to get the Greninja treatment and we'll be set for world domination! *brick'd*

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Sorry, work's been kicking my ***, money's been tight. I simply had no time to get on.

I am digging the new shield mechanic for Pit(too) though. All we need is for Sheik to get the Greninja treatment and we'll be set for world domination! *brick'd*
Sheik is a funny way to spell Zero Suit Samus...

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Funny thing though... Earth thinks Sonic is Pit's worst matchup, and probably puts Sheik and ZSS on the same level now.
Huh... I mean, I hate fighting sonic, but I never thought the matchup was that bad... I always thought that ZSS was Pit's worst matchup... interesting. Does him putting ZSS and Sheik on the same level have anything to do with Nairo beating ZeRo?

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Anybody know some good OOS options? Went on FG today and pretty much realized I don't do anything OOS whenever I play Dark Pit.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
You found a consistant one, please explain?

Basically have to hit them with the middle of the uair hitbox. Hitting them with the sides of uair makes them slide, but hitting them in the middle pops them up. Way easier on bigger/taller characters. I think this is a legit consistent kill confirm. Only problem is it's not 100% safe. I would save it for high percents so your opponent isn't aware of the option and also try to land behind them.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Anybody know some good OOS options? Went on FG today and pretty much realized I don't do anything OOS whenever I play Dark Pit.
Nair is our fastest OoS option but with barely any coverage. Dair is a good one too, but with more coverage. Basically use nair when someone doesn't space a move well on your shield. Good at low percents since nair could lead into other things and juggling. Dair if you're pressure or on your opponent. Can cover rolls and jumps. Make sure you input dair quickly otherwise you'll have endlag. If you input your dair as soon as you jump you should have no end lag. You can't use dsmash without physically dropping your shield, but I still think it's a good option to do out of shield. Frame 5 start up with little to no end lag. Could be used to punish things nair and dair can't.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I don't get it

Roy just got hit by an axe, which is the worst kind of weapon in fire emblem because it always misses, and the flash that happens when he is hit signifies that he has just taken a fatal blow, and he will die. Replace the Berserker with sheik, and now you know the Roy-Sheik matchup.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Roy just got hit by an axe, which is the worst kind of weapon in fire emblem because it always misses, and the flash that happens when he is hit signifies that he has just taken a fatal blow, and he will die. Replace the Berserker with sheik, and now you know the Roy-Sheik matchup.
Oh, I see now. Wait, I thought Roy was a top Tier character?

Top Bottom