• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That change some what bugged my, I mean, 1 frame? Is that rally going to make a big difference?

Actually, I have notice that I seem to be able to hit Pit's Usmash more often on the Wii U version where it would miss on the 3ds.
Not a fan of the change... Enough to throw everybody off, not enough to matter in the long run.

Don't imagine that there's a Wii U/3DS difference in Usmash.

Dumb question, but what's the easiest way to jump cancel on either console?
Jump canceling only leads to Usmashes or Uspecials. Just jump, hold up (tap jump makes this easy), and press A or B. Works out of shield or a dash.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Not a fan of the change... Enough to throw everybody off, not enough to matter in the long run.

Don't imagine that there's a Wii U/3DS difference in Usmash.
No, I don't mind change, it just seems that 1 frame change is very insignificant

Eh, i really don't why that s for me.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well... That's an interesting result. Dair doesn't appear to be changed on 3DS. But the Super Leaf method isn't nearly that screwy to make a difference of 22%. 3DS/Wii U consistency change? Can't go on Wii U for a bit because of SGDQ. :p

Actually, I think there's an unpatched Wii U I can use somewhere around here.

Edit: Ugh, my Wii U data probably wasn't accurate. Dsmash and Upperdash are the same. 22% on Dair though... How does that make sense?

Dark Pit's arrows were definitely buffed, though.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Placebo or not, I've been using the Guardian Orbitars a bit more often. And against Ness, my hardest matchup, it's worked wonders on PKT gimping and strong protection when I have a weakened shield.

I embrace the placebo. When I first picked up Pit, I thought Upperdash Arm was one of the most overrated attacks in the game (even though it was solely the Upperdash Arm that made me pick him up). Then the Mewtwo patch hit and I started to feel like it went from killing at 155% to around 125-130%. Now I use both it and the Electroarm much better and get many more kills with it.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Still don't understand you guys's problem with the Usmash. Usually the opponent is spiked down so hard that they get bounced into the ground and there's no reasonable way to tech it. No, doesn't hit short characters, but that's what Utilt is for.
Spiked down with USmash?

And I don't have a huge problem with it, but compared to other characters who have USmashes that have a wider vertical range (Captain Falcon's can warp people laying on the ground for example), it's just a bit frustrating. Plus the mechanic of "only the first and/or third hit must connect for the attack to work" is lame. With Smash attacks especially, missing a key opportunity for a kill could mean the end of the game for anyone that unfortunate. I'm glad it's strong, but it's lame that we can't utilize this Smash attack except if an opponent is directly above you and only if you get the first and/or third hit. Sometimes that specification prevents it from being as effective a sharking tool as it should be.

That's what makes the top tiers the top tiers--they have a lot of attacks that are not only great for primary use, but have great utility and very sound mechanics. Pit's USmash not being as good as it should be (I mean, at the very least, the attack should match the hitbox) is just one of the things that keep him from being great like he should be. Most of Pit's arsenal actually seems to lack utility. Pretty specific uses for almost all of his attacks and at least two attacks that are arguably useless (UTilt and Guardian Orbitars).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Utilt is beter at catching air dodges because it has a more traditional "up front and above" hitbox instead of being strictly above like Usmash, and the much faster frame data helps. Definitely feel alone in liking Utilt...

Figured out Dair. Turns out there was a hitbox I wasn't aware of. Dair has four parts, but it's mirrored in a way to make seven. Another good example of angle mirroring is Luigi's Usmash. Only one angle is listed, but the front launches backwards and the back launches forward. Most of Dair is a weaker popup, then a stronger popup closer to the bottom (which IMO makes no sense), then a spike with a slight angle, then a spike with no angle, then it climbs back up.

Now I'm taking the wavebirds out for figuring out the mystery hitbox difference. Hopefully it's something good. :bluejump:

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
It would've been better when dAir has a permanent meteor but I guess this is just my opinion.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It would've been better when dAir has a permanent meteor but I guess this is just my opinion.
Then we can't combo with it... Though I'd prefer it if the spike was more towards the back and the stronger upwards one was removed.

Anyway, Pit's rapid jab finisher (RJF from here on out) is definitely bigger. Doesn't really match the animation and it's not as big a difference as the numbers imply, but bigger it is.

Wait, my stage is weird. It's a custom stage consisting of two large platforms... Due to the CSB's stupid mechanics, one platform is slightly bigger and gave some bias to Pit on a few moves. Both RJFs extend slightly past the blade from the looks of it... Although for some reason Pit's seems to hit a few frames faster. It isn't the wavebirds desyncing, because rapid jabs have to go a whole cycle and then finish instead of releasing at the exact moment.

Still looking for the mystery move. Hope it's not something stupid like a throw hitbox... Can't really test that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only uses I've found for Utilt are for a quick attack (less lag than usmash at least) on an opponent on a platform above you, or as a way of saying, "Hey, I'm not done air comboing you, back into the air."
I use Utilt when I fight Ryu to recreate Street Fighter moments. Pit is probably Ryu's older, shorter skinnier but stronger(ish) brother.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Think I cracked it. Pit's RJF has a bigger hitbox at the base, and it appears that Dark Pit's Ftilt has slightly more range. No visual changes overall, though, so it's hard to be sure.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly Sakurai can buff Pit all he wants still doesn't stop people from wanting someone to make another Kid Icarus game(sequel, remake, reboot, anything).

extremelotus

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, dark pit main and smashboards stalker here. Sorry That I'm not posting on the dark pit boards but honestly I never see anybody on there. Can anyone please let me know exactly what changed dark pit has in this patch? So far I know they made his arrow stronger, but I Wana know exactly what they did to him. Thanks

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey guys, dark pit main and smashboards stalker here. Sorry That I'm not posting on the dark pit boards but honestly I never see anybody on there. Can anyone please let me know exactly what changed dark pit has in this patch? So far I know they made his arrow stronger, but I Wana know exactly what they did to him. Thanks
Hai~

It's fine if you post here. Everyone kinda moved here anyway :cheep:

And LancerStaff is like that father of the :4pit:, always staying up doing stuff in the lab

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Question, can Pit's Usmash Spike kill opponents?

The only uses I've found for Utilt are for a quick attack (less lag than usmash at least) on an opponent on a platform above you, or as a way of saying, "Hey, I'm not done air comboing you, back into the air."
I like to use Utilt a lot , particular since it can hit opponents who are laying on the ground.

Sort of just wish the Meteor sweet spot was better.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
:4darkpit: utilt looks cool doe~

And I don't even know how to explain my playstyle with :4darkpit: :/

@ LancerStaff LancerStaff how would you explain my playstyle?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dark Pit's arrows did get a buff in damage, and that's what made them kill quicker I believe. It's so incredibly insignificant though... Uncharged, you'll only see it after you spam them enough to get past 100%.

Which means it's safe to conclude that somebody forgot to put the RJF thing on Pittwo. :glare:

:4darkpit: utilt looks cool doe~

And I don't even know how to explain my playstyle with :4darkpit: :/

@ LancerStaff LancerStaff how would you explain my playstyle?
Hard to say... Really, not trying to say you're bad, but when you have two angels going at it it's a game of spacing and footsies. Not a ton of room for personality in the matchup, yaknow?

But :4pit: and :4darkpit: are the exact same.

They're still cool as hell though.
Actually, Dark Pit's Utilt has a slightly bigger whoosh on the first hit. And his Fair's spinny effect lasts longer for no good reason...

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I've been doing some experimenting with perfect pivots recently. I switched my C-stick to attack to do tilts out of a PP(I'm still getting used to doing smash attacks the old fashioned way again). I didn't think that PP would be too useful with Pit, but so far I've gotten some decent use off it. The Ftilt is much easier to sweetspot with the ability to space quickly in a PP. Dtilt doesn't seem to get much better, but jab is nice because it has a slight sliding effect. Utilt is the move I think benefits the most from PP. Easier to catch landings and continue juggles with the body hitbox. Especially nice when you can do foxtrot into PP. Utilt also has a slide and the multiple hits makes it much easier to land.

Now the only problem is consistency in doing all this stuff with lag lol

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've been doing some experimenting with perfect pivots recently. I switched my C-stick to attack to do tilts out of a PP(I'm still getting used to doing smash attacks the old fashioned way again). I didn't think that PP would be too useful with Pit, but so far I've gotten some decent use off it. The Ftilt is much easier to sweetspot with the ability to space quickly in a PP. Dtilt doesn't seem to get much better, but jab is nice because it has a slight sliding effect. Utilt is the move I think benefits the most from PP. Easier to catch landings and continue juggles with the body hitbox. Especially nice when you can do foxtrot into PP. Utilt also has a slide and the multiple hits makes it much easier to land.

Now the only problem is consistency in doing all this stuff with lag lol
Don't really think Pit's perfect pivoting is important myself, but A+B Smash should help with that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Off topic, but Gordon Ramsey followed Etika on twitter. Now we got to force Etika(Young Ramsey) to play Kid Icarus Uprising again.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Don't really think Pit's perfect pivoting is important myself, but A+B Smash should help with that.
Yeah it's pretty situational, and not nearly as useful as other characters, but every bit helps. I should give A+B a try actually, thanks.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
So the 1.10 patch thread mentions that "momentum from actions no longer sliding off ledges (MK/Falcon's dash grabs) has been reverted".

Doesn't that include the GO's? In that case, why can't I slide off the edge with them?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I remember yesterday I went to Best Buy before it opened to get a :4darkpit: amiibo

7 other people were waiting with me

When we went into the store

They didn't have any

.-.
I recently finally bought some amiibos. Dark Pit had been out here already for a week or two.
There were at least 30 dark pit amiibos sitting on the shelf where I grabbed a marth/zss/falcon.
Department stores + Australia = win?

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Never heard of it up until now. How can any up smash spike at all?
I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me but it's been mentioned twice in the last couple of pages.

Anyway, another question. Sometimes when Nairo does DThrow he follows up with DAir. I can't replicate this without them airdodging. I know DThrow to USmash isn't a true combo 100% of the time, but does the DAir follow up work with slower fallers, possibly?

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
anyone with a 3ds want to vs?
Also i regards to "How can any up smash spike at all?"
i could be wrong here but i think they were talking about the down aerial (when you spike them) to up smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't know. Doesn't make sense to me but it's been mentioned twice in the last couple of pages.

Anyway, another question. Sometimes when Nairo does DThrow he follows up with DAir. I can't replicate this without them airdodging. I know DThrow to USmash isn't a true combo 100% of the time, but does the DAir follow up work with slower fallers, possibly?
You gotta do the Dair extremly quick to get it right.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I recently finally bought some amiibos. Dark Pit had been out here already for a week or two.
There were at least 30 dark pit amiibos sitting on the shelf where I grabbed a marth/zss/falcon.
Ireland is similar if you know where to go. My brother just called me up out of the blue and said, "Hey, I found a Meta Knight amiibo!"

Then he calls me a few weeks later and says, "Hey, I found a Ness and Palutena amiibo online!"

I had two Pit amiibos for a while. My bro even exchanged Link for a Rosalina amiibo.

Based Ireland~ <3

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So the 1.10 patch thread mentions that "momentum from actions no longer sliding off ledges (MK/Falcon's dash grabs) has been reverted".

Doesn't that include the GO's? In that case, why can't I slide off the edge with them?
I think it's just grabs.

What the heck is this USmash spike y'all keep talking about?
Occasionally Usmash drops opponents to the ground instead of landing the finisher. Not really a big deal because it doesn't happen often enough to be teched.

Tempted to import a bunch of amiibo from Australia, but that costs money. :p Got most of Wave 1 and some others, though.

Only at lower %s or after baiting an airdodge. I've pulled off Dthrow > Dair > Dair > Dair > Uair in real matches before. Technically a combo, but it'll only work that long if the opponent doesn't DI.

Right, got around to naming my amiibo last night. They're Columba, Corvus, and Apus, meaning dove, crow, and bird of paradise respectively. Take a guess which is which. :bluejump:

Top Bottom