• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The main prob is that I really don't know what I should do. Sometimes I have a real bad luck in the fights and get even out-priotized out of the super armor animation which really sucks. Secondly, I read the opponents too soon and get punished. On the other hand I play against people who are on a really high level who can abuse their brute force very well and don't need to play as intensive as I have to do.

Well, what else can you do with Pit when you're outclassed? Shoot an arrow? > Too much after-delay against fast characters like Shiek/Sonic. And don't get me started how slow they have become. I could triple-loop them in Brawl - now I have to struggle with a short range and predictable route and cannot do any sly tricks anymore. dAir for an meteor? Well, if you have bad luck, it backfires and pushes the rival up instead down because of some inches. fSpecial? Predictable and can be easily grapped. Even when you trick them to do a ground-based fSpecial it still leaves you wide open in the air. At least it's helpful for grapping the edge. nAir? It needs to connect with the last hit for the maximum effect. Well, I should be grateful that it is still a great escape mechanism. fAir? Imo too much start-up frametime if you compare it to other characters. At least the jumps and the recovery move are still working like charms for me which is quite something.

I still stand by my points: Better arrows and more priorities would do the trick for me.
The super armour thing is a strange point, alright. It happens to me too, and as far as I know, there is no definitive data to demonstrate why it sometimes works and why it sometimes flubs. You just have to grin and bear it. My advice would be not to use it until the opponent is above, say, 120% and you've got the kill confirm. Likewise, don't rely on brute force to win with it: you need to be savvy with it and hit when their defenses are down. Pivot side-b can work if they're not expecting it, but you'll want to condition them into reacting with an approach or unsafe move before trying this.

As I say, don't bother shooting arrows against fast characters. Let them come to you instead. Jab (not infinite!) is good for stopping approaches, as is d-tilt. F-tilt is too slow to be really reliable in that respect, but if you're running back and they're trying to play footsies with you, a pivot f-tilt to the face can be very useful.

D-air spike should only be used very sparingly. I have an awful habit of edgeguarding by trying for a d-air and it's extremely predictable. And anyway, it's not something you should be rushing into: practice getting the timing right and knowing when best to use it. With good timing, you can d-air -> jump -> d-air for two separate strikes. It's not a matter of luck, it's a matter of timing it right and knowing where the sweetspot is, which means it's very effective if used correctly, but almost useless if smacked about without proper aforethought.

I don't have much of an issue with f-air, honestly, I just make sure to use it when I'm just skirting the opponent's hitbox. As with any of Pit's moves, you want to keep just the right amount of distance, as his blades have a sweetspot at the tip and are - for the most part - too slow to warrant reckless use. Condition your opponent into chasing you and then hit them with f-tilt on the ground or f-air if they try to approach from the air. It's all about baiting and punishing, everything about Pit means you have to think carefully and avoid brute force wherever possible.

That's about as much advice as I can give you. If you don't think Pit is working for you, I'd suggest either working with what you've got or trying another character. Yeah, faster arrows and higher priority would be nice, but we've got to play with the character we have. Just find whatever works for you and enjoy doing it, alright?

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey
Am I the only one who has never seen a pit player on for glory?
It seems to me that there are very few people in the general masses who play dear old pitty

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Am I the only one who has never seen a pit player on for glory?
It seems to me that there are very few people in the general masses who play dear old pitty
Seen a ton myself. They usually don't play as him right away but it's obvious when they switch to him it's not just a rage pick or something.

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey
Seen a ton myself. They usually don't play as him right away but it's obvious when they switch to him it's not just a rage pick or something.
That's interesting, as I have actually only ever played against one regular pit and 3 or 4 dark pits, I'm not sure why maybe I just have poor luck in finding other pit players in for glory

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
That's interesting, as I have actually only ever played against one regular pit and 3 or 4 dark pits, I'm not sure why maybe I just have poor luck in finding other pit players in for glory
Out of curiosity, are these for the 3DS or WiiU version? I've only met one Pit in 1v1 matches on the 3DS (and it was a hilarious ditto, the guy wanted a side-b kill so badly) but i see Pits and Dark Pits all the time in Teams. And they usually aren't pretty ("There's a move besides side-b?!"). Of course I don't know what I'm expecting in Team For Glory... but I can't stop going back. It's like For Fun matches but without items.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Out of curiosity, are these for the 3DS or WiiU version? I've only met one Pit in 1v1 matches on the 3DS (and it was a hilarious ditto, the guy wanted a side-b kill so badly) but i see Pits and Dark Pits all the time in Teams. And they usually aren't pretty ("There's a move besides side-b?!"). Of course I don't know what I'm expecting in Team For Glory... but I can't stop going back. It's like For Fun matches but without items.
Mostly Wii U for me, but I found a good one the other day on 3DS.

Yeah, seen quite a few Sspecial spammers on tag-team glory 2v2s on Wii U. You'd be surprised how effective it is though. (People who can't handle it just get rekt, not that's it's effective against smart teams.)

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey
It's on wii u, I usually just run into people playing Diddy, Mario, captain falcon or little Mac mainly, maybe it's just unlucky that I see so few pits, and team for glory is always exciting, I've had to go against 2 ganons just spamming the warlock punch the whole game it was silly:awesome:

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Yeah, seen quite a few Sspecial spammers on tag-team glory 2v2s on Wii U. You'd be surprised how effective it is though. (People who can't handle it just get rekt, not that's it's effective against smart teams.)
and team for glory is always exciting, I've had to go against 2 ganons just spamming the warlock punch the whole game it was silly:awesome:
Ahaha, the glories of having team-attack off. My favourite is getting Little Mac as a partner (who doesn't jolt haymaker to his death...) and grabbing people for him when he gets his KO punch. Or, against punch-happy Ganons, Shulk's Vision for days. There are actually a ton of fun gimmicks to pull off in Team For Glory (Upperdash Elevator, anyone?). I think that's why I enjoy it so much.

It's on wii u, I usually just run into people playing Diddy, Mario, captain falcon or little Mac mainly:awesome:
Really though. It should be renamed 'For Falcons', since honestly 50% of my matches are versus him (people often switch to Falcon when they lose for... some reason). Between those four, I also see Mega Man, Sonic, Link, and Ganondorf quite frequently, and the occasional WeeGee, Ness, or Fox. For Glory is essentially Top Tiers, Melee Vets, and Mega Man.

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey
Really though. It should be renamed 'For Falcons', since honestly 50% of my matches are versus him (people often switch to Falcon when they lose for... some reason).
#ForFalcons for the next dlc totally!
Anyways, jokes aside for glory teams is surprisingly fun when you get matched with competent teammates, as some awesome team combos happen more often than I'd expect.
My only issue is sometimes I wish it stock not timed

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Man this character dumps all over me.

I don't really know how to fight him or what his weaknesses are to exploit.

One day I want one of you to fight me over and over until I can at least hold my own.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Man this character dumps all over me.

I don't really know how to fight him or what his weaknesses are to exploit.

One day I want one of you to fight me over and over until I can at least hold my own.
He doesn't have any real weaknesses. With how even his matchups are you pretty much have to outplay him to win, even with top tiers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, his lack of kill power might be considered a weakness.
His kI'll power is alright(especially his ideas smash). If the Upperdash Arm could kill earlier for some fighters, then that would be awesome.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
A little below average but not incredibly weak. More then a few top tier characters have more trouble KOing then Pit does.
no, they all have better kill options or kill set ups. Pit's Bair is the only reason he can even compare

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
A little below average but not incredibly weak. More then a few top tier characters have more trouble KOing then Pit does.
Well, I mean, compared to Wario and Bowser Jr., his kill power is a little weak. Just saying a power buff wouldn't hurt, that is all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, I mean, compared to Wario and Bowser Jr., his kill power is a little weak. Just saying a power buff wouldn't hurt, that is all.
Maybe even super armor for his Upperdash and power of flight. It would make Pit/Pittoo a bit different.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Maybe even super armor for his Upperdash and power of flight. It would make Pit/Pittoo a bit different.
Wait, are you say that for more power, you would get rid of Pit's Super Armour for is his Upperdash and Nerf his PoF?

Hm, I'd rather they remove the ability to deflect projectiles on hie Upperdash for more power in his smash attack because lets face it, that ability is just stupid and useless.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I go by destroyer of worlds, cookie consumer, and dream crusher ooor you could just call me Wolfie
:189:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Have you? Huh, I haven't seen you before.

Well, I actually am maining Pit alongside Robin. I play Robin more but I like to play Pit too.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I play both for certain MUs
I just happen to change my username a lot, so that's probably why you don't know meXD

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Aw sweet, that is awesome. I actually pick up :4sonic: too, just so I can play him. I don't know why, I just like him XD.

Yeah, that might be why. Maybe I should follow you so I know when you change your name XD.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Pfft
I feel the same about Greninja
Also, not gonna change my name for a while XD

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nice. I don't mind :4greninja:, though I can't play him for squat XD. I also am really liking :4littlemac:. He is fun as hell XD.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Also, if you do change, I can just look at the information below your name and match it up. Or just come back to this page to check.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait, are you say that for more power, you would get rid of Pit's Super Armour for is his Upperdash and Nerf his PoF?

Hm, I'd rather they remove the ability to deflect projectiles on hie Upperdash for more power in his smash attack because lets face it, that ability is just stupid and useless.
I was saying that the moves should have super armor, the Pit should never be nerfed

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I was saying that the moves should have super armor, the Pit should never be nerfed
Oh. Well, his Upperdash already has super armour and I would actually rather the ability to attack out of Pit's Up B than super armour. Or even be able to shot with recovering. Just like in KI:U

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh. Well, his Upperdash already has super armour and I would actually rather the ability to attack out of Pit's Up B than super armour. Or even be able to shot with recovering. Just like in KI:U
Upperdash has super armor to most moves(I mean all moves), and attacking out of PoF would be awesome aswell(I think ROB can do this already).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Upperdash has super armor to most moves(I mean all moves), and attacking out of PoF would be awesome aswell(I think ROB can do this already).
Uh, sorry, I not really understand what you mean with the first part but with the second part, as far as I can remember, only Sonic and Bowser Jr can attack out of there up B's. ROB can't.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, sorry, I not really understand what you mean with the first part but with the second part, as far as I can remember, only Sonic and Bowser Jr can attack out of there up B's. ROB can't.
For some reason, moves like Gannon's side can hurt you and grab you, but a move like Falcon's Raptor Boost doesn't.

Top Bottom