• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
He was trying to say that other characters projectiles hold priority over pits arrows, or they just hit each other and disappear. ( I think)
Oh, Meh that doesnt bother me, Arrows are just too stiff to be used as a spacing tool. Thats my only problem with them.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Here's a little word of advice; people tend to overreact, especially when a game tries to do something different(looking at you, Zelda fandom).
General consensus is something you should always take with a grain of salt.
What, that is completely absurd :p.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
For a Pit buff I can only think of two things off the top of my head.

Upperdash arm super armor needs to be wayyyy more consistent/last longer. It's not nearly fast or strong enough to warrant the really shaky SA frames. So they could also make him dash faster or hit harder. I would also like it if it actually reflected projectiles properly or if he just powered through them like a champ.

And his recovery needs to snap to the ledge sooner and have more leeway when grabbing it backwards. He basically always has to go for the ledge since not aiming for it is basically a death sentence cause he just gets so slow at the end of the move.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Hey guys. I thought I should share this here. This is just a theory of mine, so take this with a grain of salt.

As we all know, 2 new waves of amiibo figures were revealed yesterday. Wave 5 stands out because there are only 2 amiibos to be released: Palutena and Dark Pit. But why just those two characters... that are from the same franchise.... And they'll be in stores about a month after this year's E3. Could it be that they're planning something Kid Icarus related? Maybe even a new game? :)

Thoughts? Again, this is just a theory that I wanted to discuss.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hey guys. I thought I should share this here. This is just a theory of mine, so take this with a grain of salt.

As we all know, 2 new waves of amiibo figures were revealed yesterday. Wave 5 stands out because there are only 2 amiibos to be released: Palutena and Dark Pit. But why just those two characters... that are from the same franchise.... And they'll be in stores about a month after this year's E3. Could it be that they're planning something Kid Icarus related? Maybe even a new game? :)

I wouldn't say it's a bad theory actually it makes sense, but it could also just be coincidence. Unless they sent over more Pit I don't think there are any clear signs

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
I wouldn't say it's a bad theory actually it makes sense, but it could also just be coincidence. Unless they sent over more Pit I don't think there are any clear signs
I've considered that as well. Though, knowing Nintendo they'll be like, "Oh! By the way, more Pit amiibos will be coming out along witn Palutena and Dark Pit." Kinda like Marth when Code Name S.T.E.A.M. was announced.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I'm curious as to how Nintendo can top last year's E3 (which I personally thought was their best ever).

This would certainly do it, as far as I'm concerned.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm curious as to how Nintendo can top last year's E3 (which I personally thought was their best ever).

This would certainly do it, as far as I'm concerned.
If some form of Zelda U news or demo happened then I think it would beat last years. Alas, that is very unlikely to happen

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
It would be grand if dthrow got less knockback so Pit could have some guaranteed followups from dthrow. As it stands, I believe he doesn't really have any true combos from any of his throws after like 40% other than dthrow -> usmash from 0% up until 40%.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I think there are a few changes to Pit that are necessary.

- His Fair and Uair need to have a little bit more launch. I preferred how the Fair was in Brawl, not that spinny thing, just a hit. I know these patches won't completely the characteristics of a move, so I'd at least like some more knockback.

- He needs to be able to grab the ledge more easily. I've had countless moments with Pit where I'll try to recover, miss the ledge, and get side-smashed by my opponent. Not fun.

- His Side B needs more launch, or at least less ending lag to give it a combo game. I rarely use that move, I find it nearly useless.

Broadly, I think he needs to have a little more knockback in general. I very rarely play Pit, so I'm not all knowing about him, but those are my general observations.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
It would be grand if dthrow got less knockback so Pit could have some guaranteed followups from dthrow. As it stands, I believe he doesn't really have any true combos from any of his throws after like 40% other than dthrow -> usmash from 0% up until 40%.
if you act fast enough, depending on DI, from 20% to around 60% you can combo from Dthrow to Uair or Fair.

I know because I've been doing it aaaall the time through smash 4, whether it's 3DS or WiiU, sometimes you can mix up Dthrow into Dairs and bairs.

Pit is pretty good with followups and strings other than that

his problems I'd say are approaching and landing safely.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Defo Fixalas has it. We have no landing options. Like the worst in the game. Fair still can combo but i gotta say, i prefer brawls too/PM's. I want dair to have less landing lag as then it could be used as a slight approach / cross up. Other then that, if side b had less lag. We could mixup landing abit.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
I've only been playing Pit as a secondary recently, I think he works great as a hit and run character since he's got grab combos with decent damage and a fast dash attack with 11% damage (which is really good for his weight). His upperdash arm just disappoints me. If raptor boost is suddenly a viable option for Falcon then upperdash arm should blow raptor boost out of the water. It's name LITERALLY implies that you are dashing to your opponent and uppercutting them into oblivion.

That's my Pit rant. I think his other few kill options are more than decent.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
If I had to give Pit any buffs it'd be the damage on his nair, the lagtime after Guardians, and I'd make it so that the sweetspot on the Dair for spiking is more lenient, and that awful multihit jab needs to be fixed.

His Fair is spectacular imo, you can really carry people offstage if you get them into a decent nair-fair string, and it's a great tool for edgeguarding if you can properly read DI. His Bair is a great mix up for that as well and both are decent offstage kill options.

His Upperdash Arm kills at 80%-100% Fresh, and his Side Smash does the same. His Side Smash is actually so good that I can get away with just throwing it out willy nilly sometimes, because it reaches so far that even YOU might be surprised how far away you can hit with it.

And those grab combos are simply divine. Getting out of the air once Pit has thrown you up there can be a really big pain. And Forward Throw kills at like 100% at the ledge. His Dash attack is good, his Forward Tilt is AMAZING and combos into itself at low damage, AND hits right above him. It can even kill at the ledge at higher %s. His down tilt is really good too.

It's just that the Guardian Orbitars come out and are put away too slowly. It can become a real problem when a Lucario is chariging his Aura Sphere and you throw out your orbitars because that means you ARE taking that Aura Sphere to your mouth.

His Nair is good for carrying people around, but it's not so good for damage, and for a move that looks so much like it grinds someone up, that should probably be fixed.

That SPIKE man. When you get that spike it feels SO good, but it's SO hard to reliably pull off. It should probably be a little easier to fly offstage and DUNK an opponent than it is, since it seems like Pit's style to DESTRUCTIFY someone like that.

And that jab is so awful. The multihit is trash. His 1-2-3 Gentleman jab is actually excellent and is the far more reliable option, but the hitboxes on the multihit are paper thin, RIGHT in front of Pit. It's really really bad and not worth even thinking about. If you wanna jab, just hold A.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
If I had to give Pit any buffs it'd be the damage on his nair, the lagtime after Guardians, and I'd make it so that the sweetspot on the Dair for spiking is more lenient, and that awful multihit jab needs to be fixed.

His Fair is spectacular imo, you can really carry people offstage if you get them into a decent nair-fair string, and it's a great tool for edgeguarding if you can properly read DI. His Bair is a great mix up for that as well and both are decent offstage kill options.

His Upperdash Arm kills at 80%-100% Fresh, and his Side Smash does the same. His Side Smash is actually so good that I can get away with just throwing it out willy nilly sometimes, because it reaches so far that even YOU might be surprised how far away you can hit with it.

And those grab combos are simply divine. Getting out of the air once Pit has thrown you up there can be a really big pain. And Forward Throw kills at like 100% at the ledge. His Dash attack is good, his Forward Tilt is AMAZING and combos into itself at low damage, AND hits right above him. It can even kill at the ledge at higher %s. His down tilt is really good too.

It's just that the Guardian Orbitars come out and are put away too slowly. It can become a real problem when a Lucario is chariging his Aura Sphere and you throw out your orbitars because that means you ARE taking that Aura Sphere to your mouth.

His Nair is good for carrying people around, but it's not so good for damage, and for a move that looks so much like it grinds someone up, that should probably be fixed.

That SPIKE man. When you get that spike it feels SO good, but it's SO hard to reliably pull off. It should probably be a little easier to fly offstage and DUNK an opponent than it is, since it seems like Pit's style to DESTRUCTIFY someone like that.

And that jab is so awful. The multihit is trash. His 1-2-3 Gentleman jab is actually excellent and is the far more reliable option, but the hitboxes on the multihit are paper thin, RIGHT in front of Pit. It's really really bad and not worth even thinking about. If you wanna jab, just hold A.
Uperdash arm kills at 140% with no DI lol and no rage. Its mainly about what Fx Said about lack of approaching and landing options. We only have dash grabs/Fairs/nairs and for landing... none.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Honestly, Pit is fine just the way he is.

If Pit had better kill options, he would be a monster to deal with. For the most part, Pit is meant to a character that teaches players how to space, figuring out what are the best options on when to use the moves, play patient (by that I mean don't depend on the same kill moves), and has really good gimping tools

His specials are fine, except for Guardian Orbitars, which could use far less ending lag. I would rather him decrease the Guardian Orbitar shield endurance in favor of decreasing the startup and endlag.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
There's absolutely no reason why the Upperdash or Electroshock arm doesn't kill until 153%. At the very least, buff the super armor on that attack or kill the end lag. There's no reason why an that SEEMS very effective with super armor and super punishable end lag wouldn't be able to kill until so late in the game.

With the forward smash dropping your opponent so often, and up smash not even usable unless your opponent is right above you, it sucks that Pit's most reliable kill move is his forward throw... which doesn't kill until 130 - 140%...

I also agree with the post earlier in that I wish the DAir spike was just a bit less precise, which at first isn't a huge deal, but with his kill options so wishy-washy, at least make him more proficient at killing in the air, imo.

I'll be fine with his smash attacks if they buff his DAir and Side B.

Pit seems pretty average as a character to me, and he's my secondary (who I use more than my primary). The worst part is that it seems like he's better than he is.

Last edited:

gByron

Smash Cadet
It would be cool if they switched side b's between pit and dark pit. It is a good buff to dark pit's killing potential. Palutena's bows are extremely good when opponent is off stage so electroshock arm for pit isnt that much a nerf. As for nair its startup frames and autocancel frames are very good but it still needs a buff. Pit's damage is mostly on grabs and grab combos. I want his aerials to be a little stronger damagewise

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
There's absolutely no reason why the Upperdash or Electroshock arm doesn't kill until 153%. At the very least, buff the super armor on that attack or kill the end lag. There's no reason why an that SEEMS very effective with super armor and super punishable end lag wouldn't be able to kill until so late in the game.

With the forward smash dropping your opponent so often, and up smash not even usable unless your opponent is right above you, it sucks that Pit's most reliable kill move is his forward throw... which doesn't kill until 130 - 140%...

I also agree with the post earlier in that I wish the DAir spike was just a bit less precise, which at first isn't a huge deal, but with his kill options so wishy-washy, at least make him more proficient at killing in the air, imo.

I'll be fine with his smash attacks if they buff his DAir and Side B.

Pit seems pretty average as a character to me, and he's my secondary (who I use more than my primary). The worst part is that it seems like he's better than he is.
Up smash is hella useful. Inc in the Pit Ditto. Pit has no landing options so you can chase him down and catch him with it. Not to mention its huge hitbox. Side B kills earlier then 153% for sure. Inc with rage. Dair isnt a problem at all. I havnt had a problem. I dont understand why people want it to be precise. Its good enough imo and you dont really need to go for it as you have arrows.

As For Bryon, Nair is fine. Does good enough damage. Have you seen Pits spacing? Its crazy good. I might make a video of Pits spacing options and such.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
There's absolutely no reason why the Upperdash or Electroshock arm doesn't kill until 153%.
Up smash is hella useful. Inc in the Pit Ditto. Pit has no landing options so you can chase him down and catch him with it. Not to mention its huge hitbox. Side B kills earlier then 153% for sure. Inc with rage. Dair isnt a problem at all. I havnt had a problem. I dont understand why people want it to be precise. Its good enough imo and you dont really need to go for it as you have arrows.
I got the 153% from a breakdown in the Pit/Dark Pit thread. If it's not 153%, it's only a few points earlier (not less than 145%). Without rage, anyway.

I like his Up Smash a lot, it's just situational. It's great for catching people falling out the air, but it's the only up smash I can think of that has no hitbox for dealing with people standing right next to you.

It's effective, but limited... in other words, it's not a move you can outright kill with. That sucks since his other options don't kill very reliably, either.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
There's absolutely no reason why the Upperdash or Electroshock arm doesn't kill until 153%.

I got the 153% from a breakdown in the Pit/Dark Pit thread. If it's not 153%, it's only a few points earlier (not less than 145%). Without rage, anyway.

I like his Up Smash a lot, it's just situational. It's great for catching people falling out the air, but it's the only up smash I can think of that has no hitbox for dealing with people standing right next to you.

It's effective, but limited... in other words, it's not a move you can outright kill with. That sucks since his other options don't kill very reliably, either.
I see what you mean, Thats why Pit lacks kill power. It doesnt mean its that bad if its situational. I would rather punish with jab/ftilt/ect in neutral.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Based on what I read until now, its probably safe to say: Pit is an awesome caracter, hes perfect as he is. Nockbacks and damages COULD be changed but they dont MUST.
As a Pit main Im happy knowing he seem to Be already balanced anought. While on other caracters discussions I see whole page lists of what needs to be Buffed/Nerfed.
I dont see him been put on the patch notes and Im happy with it.
Edit: PS: I read just the first page of the discussion.

Last edited:

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
I agree with @ Zeth444 Zeth444 - Pit's balance is absolutely amazing. Jack of all trades, master of none. The only thing that I myself would ask for is less lag on Orbitars, but that is unnecessary overall.

Auxiliary_Bro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chabbit
3DS FC
2595-2515-5562
Part of me wishes that Pit's arrows were back to how they were in Brawl, and I would like a small improvement to the Guardian Orbitars, but Pit is great as he is and his improvements in this game have made up for his arrows (which are still perfectly usable). So yeah, TL;DR I pretty much agree with the majority of the people in this thread. I'd like to see more changes to D. Pit rather than Pit himself though, just to differentiate them a bit more.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wouldn't be a stretch to say Pit is the most balanced and fair character here in SSB4, if I say so myself.

There's just a few minor things that need fixing. Namely Usmash's hitbox and Fsmash linking with high % and Rage on certain characters. Other little QoL things I'd like to see are reducing the lag on Uair and Dair by (literally) a few frames so they FHAC on SV, T&C and MK8's platforms like his other aerials, fixing his infinite jab finisher, and tweaking Fair's hitbox so it can't whiff people who are too close and hit more average hight characters when performed "perfectly."

Pittwo definitely needs something before Pit does, though. Like fixing that Ftilt and giving his arrows or Arm something to stand out more. Personally, I like the idea of making his arrows pierce/cancel other projectiles.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
What i dont understand is the big demand for less lag on orbitars. Imo its not really that worth of a move using, even against projectiles unless its worth the punish EG Tree/Megamans Fsmash. If it did get buffed, it maybe could be used as a landing option other then that still wont be that help-ful in my eyes.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd post my silhouettes in the social thread.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
What i dont understand is the big demand for less lag on orbitars. Imo its not really that worth of a move using, even against projectiles unless its worth the punish EG Tree/Megamans Fsmash. If it did get buffed, it maybe could be used as a landing option other then that still wont be that help-ful in my eyes.
You bring up a great point about it not being worth using- most of the time it isn't. As it is, the end lag is really lengthy, since Pit finds the need to do a little spin before getting back to business. At worst, with less lag it's a slighty more dependable reflector that doesn't leave you as open, which isn't bad. IMO Pit doesn't need changes, but I also believe that if they decide to, it should go to Orbitars above all else.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'd love to see new KI news. Though it seems kinda iffy so soon after Smash.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
You bring up a great point about it not being worth using- most of the time it isn't. As it is, the end lag is really lengthy, since Pit finds the need to do a little spin before getting back to business. At worst, with less lag it's a slighty more dependable reflector that doesn't leave you as open, which isn't bad. IMO Pit doesn't need changes, but I also believe that if they decide to, it should go to Orbitars above all else.
It still shouldnt be a big problem. Reflectors in smash are meh, you would rather want to power shield them depending to get closer to your opponent, What i would like to see is less ending lag on the impact orbitars. They lag for days and they could have great use.

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
Is Pit balanced? Yes. He's a decent character. But there's just no denying that characters like Shiek, Sonic, Diddy, Rosaluma, and arguably others are objectively better characters. This is why I think Pit needs buffs particularly to his knockback in his air game. Is he fine how he is? Yes. But either he needs buffs or a lot of characters need nerfs if he's going to be on par with the best characters.

I think Pit seems better than he is because his move set is useful, he's fast, his attacks connect. But he just doesn't have those amazing approach options that some characters have because of how punishable all his moves are.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Is Pit balanced? Yes. He's a decent character. But there's just no denying that characters like Shiek, Sonic, Diddy, Rosaluma, and arguably others are objectively better characters. This is why I think Pit needs buffs particularly to his knockback in his air game. Is he fine how he is? Yes. But either he needs buffs or a lot of characters need nerfs if he's going to be on par with the best characters.

I think Pit seems better than he is because his move set is useful, he's fast, his attacks connect. But he just doesn't have those amazing approach options that some characters have because of how punishable all his moves are.
I'd like to reiterate this point in that a game is a lot more entertaining when every character is strong rather then every character being weak. The only character/move I see needing nerfs (as much as I hate playing against certain characters) for now is Diddy's Uair I'd much rather see most of the cast receive buffs then nerfs. I see too many people hoping the patch will nerf a list of characters rather then buff

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to reiterate this point in that a game is a lot more entertaining when every character is strong rather then every character being weak. The only character/move I see needing nerfs (as much as I hate playing against certain characters) for now is Diddy's Uair I'd much rather see most of the cast receive buffs then nerfs. I see too many people hoping the patch will nerf a list of characters rather then buff
This is true, however it is easier to bring a few characters down than a majority of the cast up. Yes buffs are more fun than nerfs but if nerfs are applied correctly good characters are still good. It's just their cheap options that are eliminated.

I can see Pit being untouched in the upcoming Patch because he is probably mid tier but I want him to be able to compete with the best characters.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I should mention that I play against a Shiek a considerable amount of the time, so my % estimates are probably a bit off, but I still stand by what I said above.

Orbitars would be better if they had less endlag, and your opponent wasnt able to grab you through them. OR if you could simply hold them out as long as you pleased.

A weird thing they could do with Pit's Arrows is make them more powerful if you haven't used them for a bit. Like the way Charge Shots work in KIU. It would work sorta like Wario Waft, where if you stopped shooting for a few seconds, the next arrow you shot would be quicker and more powerful.

iunnuh.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
This is true, however it is easier to bring a few characters down than a majority of the cast up. Yes buffs are more fun than nerfs but if nerfs are applied correctly good characters are still good. It's just their cheap options that are eliminated.

I can see Pit being untouched in the upcoming Patch because he is probably mid tier but I want him to be able to compete with the best characters.
He's like mid B I think in the JP tier list and I think I'd agree with that assessment. I think he's really viable.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Diddys side b too. Its annoying how its the only move that refreshes its self unlike bouncing fish/ZSS' Down b. Tbh, theres no point trying to make Pit top tier, We dont wanna be scrub tier lel!
Pit is definitely right in the middle of the tier list imo. Literally dead mid.

Top Bottom