• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Pit is well-balanced as he is, even his upperdash (come at me my Pit fellows.)

what is really questionable and should be really fixed:

-Guardian Orbiters start up time, why? and lessen end lag if done in air.

-Up air knockback should be increased, I understand that pit has lots of jumps and could get really near blast zones to kill with his Fair or Bair, but his jumps don't get him to reach an enough height to kill with Uair! rage rarely helps here, move balance is just wrong, I just like it because it's integral in Pit's combo game 'till 70%s

-His UpB has unnecessary ending lag if you aim to the ground.. why? move doesn't hit and can't really be angled down.

-fix UpSmash hitbox, on Pit's left bow slashes but it doesn't really hurt opponent.

welcome buffs:

-even though I'm okay with this Upperdash, It'd be great if it can kill 100-120% without rage (that'd be too great though, and may get pit in higher tiers, I like him mid)

-either increase arrow power or decrease ending lag severely, also, it would be lovely to have a hitstun similar to P:M.

-better windbox from GO

-Maybe also giive Pit better mobility in the air, he has wings.

but yeah, 4 buffs should be given to Pit without really changing his tier position.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681

-Up air knockback should be increased, I understand that pit has lots of jumps and could get really near blast zones to kill with his Fair or Bair, but his jumps don't get him to reach an enough height to kill with Uair! rage rarely helps here, move balance is just wrong, I just like it because it's integral in Pit's combo game 'till 70%s

-His UpB has unnecessary ending lag if you aim to the ground.. why? move doesn't hit and can't really be angled down.

-fix UpSmash hitbox, on Pit's left bow slashes but it doesn't really hurt opponent.

welcome buffs:

-even though I'm okay with this Upperdash, It'd be great if it can kill 100-120% without rage (that'd be too great though, and may get pit in higher tiers, I like him mid)

-either increase arrow power or decrease ending lag severely, also, it would be lovely to have a hitstun similar to P:M.

-better windbox from GO

but yeah, 4 buffs should be given to Pit without really changing his tier position.
These are exactly what I feel that pit needs to bring him up to par with some of the better characters

bur

Smash Cadet
NNID
c13fairy
The faster air mobility and less arrow lag would make him heaps better.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I haven't been to a tournament but guiding arrow looping around to their back and knocking them into an F-Smash is quite hype. I've only got it a few times but me and my friends exploded, even the one it happened to.

Qix1356

Smash Rookie
NNID
Qix888
Personally pelting someone with arrows while they're trying to recover or aproach is something I do, but the best thing is reading a roll and getting a kill with the upperdash arm, at least from what I've been able to pull of and ballzy enough to try.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Hey guys, I've recently picked Pit as a secondary for Greninja, so I'll be hanging around these boards a little now.

By the way, how do you guys think Pit does against Sheik, MK, Fox and Sonic? Those are the only MUs Greninja struggles with so I wanted to know if switching to Pit might be the best choice for them.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hey guys, I've recently picked Pit as a secondary for Greninja, so I'll be hanging around these boards a little now.

By the way, how do you guys think Pit does against Sheik, MK, Fox and Sonic? Those are the only MUs Greninja struggles with so I wanted to know if switching to Pit might be the best choice for them.
Welcome! Glad to see a new face 'round these parts. :3

As for the matchups? So-so, in my experience. I have trouble fighting fast characters, though. I don't think they're particularly nasty, but they're not very good, either.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

The biggest mistake I tend to make against fast characters is try to arrow spam. They can cover the distance too quickly. However, provided you're smart and have good timing, their tendency to charge you makes them prime Side-B material.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

I'm going to say vs. Fox is mostly even in any ruleset. Swings a bit depending on the stage but not a whole lot. Dark Pit may not be bad if you can Electroshock gimp, but Pit's default arrows fire just fast enough to stop Fire Fox before it can launch, so you can keep spamming to prevent him from recovering, and when he's finally out of your range he can't make it back.

MK? Don't see how Pit would be at a disadvantage, but haven't fought a good one myself. Pit flat-out outranges him though.

Shiek I'm pretty sure is disadvantageous for Pit, but not horribly on FD. Battlefield and SV aren't good choices for Pit. Might make a good counterpick character though.

Sonic? Kinda at a loss for him... All the Sonics I've fought were either hilariously bad or so far out of my league they could practically pick any character and still beat me. I'm going to guess it's bad for Pit.

Pit himself has very few bad matchups, however. Vs Lucario is terrible as far as Pit's matchups go, and Rosalina could be another hard one. Maybe Dorf and Link but not by much. (They like to fall out of Fsmash at high % + rage.) Everybody else I think is either equal or advantageous fir Pit.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think 'Dorf is too hard. The big issue is that Pit has to whittle up damage before getting the kill, and then you're dealing with a 'Dorf in rage and that's just scary.

But he's a big target, slow as you like, has no range and few approach options. He's also easy to gimp, since he has poor aerial mobility and a weak recovery. Flame Choke can be a bit of a nuisance, so you've got to read him and be prepared to tech it or just avoid it. If you can just bait and punish and for Palutena's sake don't get hit, he's not too bad.

Definitely not an advantageous matchup, but I wouldn't say it's actively against Wingsbro either. I don't think Wingsbro has any really terrible matchups, they're all fairly manageable with good fundamentals and a keen eye.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So Pit and Greninja both struggle a bit with Sheik. If I have to deal with Fox or MK I'll switch to them from the look of it.

I still need to learn how to control the arrows properly though, I don't have much practice with him overall. Anyone would be up for some practice matches?

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So Pit and Greninja both struggle a bit with Sheik. If I have to deal with Fox or MK I'll switch to them from the look of it.

I still need to learn how to control the arrows properly though, I don't have much practice with him overall. Anyone would be up for some practice matches?
How long will you be around for?

I promised a friend I'd spar with him for a bit and I'll be having dinner shortly, but if you'll be around for the next couple of hours, I can fight ya. :3

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I've picked Pit back up again as one of my prominent Secondaries after not using him in forever, so i figured i'd stop by here.

I found this gif and I just have to share it.
This...SO MUCH FREAKING WIN. Seriously.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Hey Pit players! Pit is a secondary of mine, so I wanted to stop by to say hello c:

So, um... Floor ice cream gives you health!!! :D

BaeBraham

Coffee and Smash enthusiast
NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
I think that Pit's honestly fine the way he is.

I'll put some thoughts here based on some solid input I already read. So this certainly isn't me saying that anyone is wrong, I just think that we need to not be thinking about what buffs would make Pit more viable, but what can we change in how we use what we have to make Pit viable. The game is more balanced than people care to give it credit for, as it goes far more in depth then 1v1 default matches.

But again, here are some thoughts.

The start up time is understandable. This move would be devastating if we could throw it out whenever. This move actually is already devastating when used based off of reading your opponent and punishing said opponent for being habitual. I surprised quite a few opponents at a recent tournament that I took 2nd in a couple of weeks ago by baiting them into a situation that they would toss out a projectile and getting the read, most of which ended in an early stock for me due to the damage multiplier.

This move actually has a pretty solid killing success around 140% for medium weighted opponents. And it's great for stringing together moves when you bait the air dodge. And since it takes quite a bit of priority on your opponent when they don't air dodge, it is great for racking up damage when they don't air dodge and try to drop on you. Mixing that up with a FFUSmash can result in an easy stock. If we added knockback to the move we give the opponent more time to think as they fall and less time for Pit to keep up the mind games.

I don't think this move has any reason to be used other than for recovering. That's the nature of such a solid recovery. Look at DHD and Villager- fantastic recoveries as far as distance and control- huge commitment in using the move because there is no hitbox and if used in anything else you have terrible landing lag. Also they both are in the move until it ends by either landing, grabbing an edge, or running out of time with the move. If you have commitment issues, these aren't the characters for you, lol.

Pit's upsmash is a deadly anti-air, and should mainly be used for that. Obviously it helps rack up quick damage at low percents off of a down throw, but it isn't meant to just pick opponents up from anywhere and send them flying upwards. That would be way to ridiculous. It already has hitbox's in front of Pit and above him, and very little end lag for such a quick and powerful move. Adding anything else too it would honestly make it way to OP.

welcome buffs:

Moves got super armor and racks on some damage. Isn't the best move but it's great for mixups and can still land a kill eventually. It's great for getting out of tight spots when you catch your opponent slipping. I don't think it's a great move, but it certainly doesn't warrant a buff.

Arrows go hard in this game. Even with the end lag you should be getting one of two things when using these correctly- a free hit or a baited air dodge, which leaves the opponent vulnerable for more than long enough to follow up. We should absolutely get punished for throwing these out whenever.

-better windbox from GO
Any windbox is good windbox and it throws opponents off pretty well as is.

Pit's mobility in air is definitely not the greatest. But having solid arial range and priority, and still having 3 jumps he definitely isn't going to struggle in the air or recovering if you play smart.

I just think he is much better than he is given credit for currently. If you play patient, smart, and read your opponent he doesn't stand a chance. Pit can play from a distance and really shines when you get in their face. He has so many options for gimping opponents between his arrows, ariels, and Usmash. His edge-gaurding game can be disgusting (totally a positive context). Also, much like link, they really made Pit a powerhouse in this game. He hits ridiculously hard and it's fantastic. He definitely is more suitable for a more developed smash player because you just need to understand the basic mechanics of the game to make the best of his mobility in this game (which for anyone looking for tournament success this should be something you have down or are working on anyways), and he is an absolute win without any further buffs.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pit. I main Pit because I love to play Pit. So buffs would be very cool because I would love to mindlessly wreck people as my favorite character. But I don't think they are at all needed.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I know that he's great as he is, as I mentioned in my post.

I only play as him, and I play smash almost daily.

but really up air's knockback is really bad, actually his aerials have bad knockback except for Bair and that move's knockback still isn't excellent.

and I love Up Smash, but here it's like MetaKnight's issue, bow actually slashes by but doesn't hit, if the animation matched the hitbox I wouldn't have mentioned it.

BaeBraham

NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
I know that he's great as he is, as I mentioned in my post.

I only play as him, and I play smash almost daily.
Totally understandable! I certainly wasn't saying you didn't think he was great as is by using you as an example to make my case. I was using your post because it was the most in depth and agreed with response on this post. You covered the moves that, if any moves were buffed, would be buffed. On top of that, you made an excellent case. I just used it to give a solid basis for my own opinion.
My saying that I think Pit was great didn't have to mean you thought otherwise, it was totally meant as it was written. I think Pit is great.

but really up air's knockback is really bad, actually his aerials have bad knockback except for Bair and that move's knockback still isn't excellent.
Although I agree that the knockback isn't great on most of pits arials, they are great for strings and gimping the opponant as is. You cans seriously rack up quick damage from just a small string of any of Pits arials. Added knockback would create less favorable circumstances for getting strings and racking up damage. And all but Pits Nair can kill at solid percents if you can get your opponent into certain positions of the stage, which is part of the game. Knowing what you have to do to get the kill, and having enough answers to enough situations to outplay the opponent. So I just don't think that the knockback is a solid enough issue to warrant any buffs hombre.

and I love Up Smash, but here it's like MetaKnight's issue, bow actually slashes by but doesn't hit, if the animation matched the hitbox I wouldn't have mentioned it.
Although unfortunate as it is that there isn't a Hitbox on part of the animation of the move, it is a monster of a move as is. I have absolutely felt the frustration of seeing what seemed like a Hitbox location due to the animation not landing the move, causing myself to be punished. But it was never in a situation where the move should have been used. So I quickly stopped using the move in those situations and stopped having an issue with it. Unless they changed the animation to make the hitboxes more accurate (which would be ridiculous), the move is pretty OP as is.

Again this is all IMO from my experience with the game, which is in no way meant to downplay your own, and well thought out, opinion(s).
When I look at what I know about the overall cast of the game, there just isn't a lot of true basis for buffing anyone else at it's current state. The game is still very new and we have quite a bit left to learn about the game as a whole, as well as the characters on an individual basis.

Boney

Smash Apprentice
I certainly wouldn't mind having the forward throw having a bit more knock back. You have to be by the edge and at around 140% in order to get the kill. 120% at the edge seems like good enough.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I certainly wouldn't mind having the forward throw having a bit more knock back. You have to be by the edge and at around 140% in order to get the kill. 120% at the edge seems like good enough.
I can already get the kill around 120% on a good majority of characters, taking little to no rage into account.

with rage Fthrow at the edge is devestating, especially that it is a FORWARD Throw, it's actually more safe than Ness' Bthrow.

and James, I get you now.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I could do with some advice from my fellow angels.

Lately I feel like I'm not playing Pit very well. My skill with other characters has improved, while it seems like I've hit a brick wall with Pit. No mater how hard I try, I resort to the same old tactics and almost invariably get thrashed for it. I feel like I'm stagnating with Pit and have no solid idea of how to improve.

It doesn't help matters that my brother - to wit, a very skilled Smash player and my regular sparring partner - is keen to point out that he doesn't consider Pit a threat. Petty and juvenile as it may be to get incensed by that, it's discouraging to be told, however implicitly, that the character I play is hardly worth playing at all.

Add onto this that I seem to get much better results with other characters, and I am at something of a loss. It seems like I have to put in more effort with Pit for lesser results, and as hard as I may try to improve, I can't transfer my latent knowledge of the character's abilities to practical play. I am a Pit / Palutena main at heart, and I will always be a Pit / Palutena main - but right now, it just seems like I'm on a plateau with no means of improving.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any advice would be much appreciated. I'd be very pleased to get back on the angelic wagon, so to speak.

BaeBraham

NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
I can already get the kill around 120% on a good majority of characters, taking little to no rage into account.

with rage Fthrow at the edge is devestating, especially that it is a FORWARD Throw, it's actually more safe than Ness' Bthrow.

and James, I get you now.
Good to hear! I wouldn't want anyone to feel like I was trying to make their opinion any less valid!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I could do with some advice from my fellow angels.

Lately I feel like I'm not playing Pit very well. My skill with other characters has improved, while it seems like I've hit a brick wall with Pit. No mater how hard I try, I resort to the same old tactics and almost invariably get thrashed for it. I feel like I'm stagnating with Pit and have no solid idea of how to improve.

It doesn't help matters that my brother - to wit, a very skilled Smash player and my regular sparring partner - is keen to point out that he doesn't consider Pit a threat. Petty and juvenile as it may be to get incensed by that, it's discouraging to be told, however implicitly, that the character I play is hardly worth playing at all.

Add onto this that I seem to get much better results with other characters, and I am at something of a loss. It seems like I have to put in more effort with Pit for lesser results, and as hard as I may try to improve, I can't transfer my latent knowledge of the character's abilities to practical play. I am a Pit / Palutena main at heart, and I will always be a Pit / Palutena main - but right now, it just seems like I'm on a plateau with no means of improving.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any advice would be much appreciated. I'd be very pleased to get back on the angelic wagon, so to speak.
Pit is a pretty meta character. Guys like Falcon and Link can pretty much go in with the same strategy every time, but Pit can't really do that. His advantages over an opponent are completely different from one to the next, meaning how he plays is very matchup dependent. I think Pit can be a hard character to use effectively because he almost starts from scratch in each matchup.

Pit's reward for learning individual matchups is minimal, but overall he's great because of how little his matchups swing. Other characters are pretty much instant gratification as far as matchups go, but most have a bad matchup or two.

My guess is that you need to grind out the matchups against your bro. How many characters does he use? Does he switch alot? Myself, I hate players who constantly switch because it feels like I can't learn anything from fighting them.

Pit is a character you either have to be extremely committed to, or a character for patching up bad matchups of yours. No offense, but you sound like a fairly casual player. Pit really isn't for the faint of heart.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit is a pretty meta character. Guys like Falcon and Link can pretty much go in with the same strategy every time, but Pit can't really do that. His advantages over an opponent are completely different from one to the next, meaning how he plays is very matchup dependent. I think Pit can be a hard character to use effectively because he almost starts from scratch in each matchup.

Pit's reward for learning individual matchups is minimal, but overall he's great because of how little his matchups swing. Other characters are pretty much instant gratification as far as matchups go, but most have a bad matchup or two.

My guess is that you need to grind out the matchups against your bro. How many characters does he use? Does he switch alot? Myself, I hate players who constantly switch because it feels like I can't learn anything from fighting them.

Pit is a character you either have to be extremely committed to, or a character for patching up bad matchups of yours. No offense, but you sound like a fairly casual player. Pit really isn't for the faint of heart.
My brother, supreme wunderkind that he is, does not have a singular main. He has made it his express intent to, and I quote, "main the random button". Thus far, he is capable of playing half the roster to an efficient degree, no exaggeration. His most commonly played characters, of course, are Rosaluma, Alph, Ness, Marth, Robin and Donkey Kong. I'd consider them all to be his mains, since he is of essentially equal skill level and is of extremely high caliber in any game he plays.

None taken. I would love to know where you get this notion that I am a "casual player", though - what precisely about that one particular post suggested my nascent skill level? If you're suggesting that I drop Pit because I need to git gud, I invite you to ask the likes of @CHOMPY and @ shrooby shrooby about our matches - I'm sure they'll confirm that, while I'm hardly a stellar player, I'm at least open to improvement.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Last time we played, which was awhile ago, the biggest issue was that you auto-pilot most of the time.
You need to get over the auto-pilot hurdle before you can really start seeing improvement.
Unfortunately, that tends to be a very hard step to overcome. You just need to work at it. Make an effort to think during matches and mix-up everything you do.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
My brother, supreme wunderkind that he is, does not have a singular main. He has made it his express intent to, and I quote, "main the random button". Thus far, he is capable of playing half the roster to an efficient degree, no exaggeration. His most commonly played characters, of course, are Rosaluma, Alph, Ness, Marth, Robin and Donkey Kong. I'd consider them all to be his mains, since he is of essentially equal skill level and is of extremely high caliber in any game he plays.

None taken. I would love to know where you get this notion that I am a "casual player", though - what precisely about that one particular post suggested my nascent skill level? If you're suggesting that I drop Pit because I need to git gud, I invite you to ask the likes of @CHOMPY and @ shrooby shrooby about our matches - I'm sure they'll confirm that, while I'm hardly a stellar player, I'm at least open to improvement.
Settle down please... Look, I'm serious when I say I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just, well, blunt with how I speak. It's just that you mentioned that you're doing better with characters other then Pit. Most serious players just play the same one or two characters to death and don't let their mains fall behind.

When I say Pit is hard to play, I mean that largely in a sense of focus. Pit is almost literally the only character I play as in 1v1s, take a guess who number two is, and I'm hardly stellar myself. I just know first hand how tough it is to play as Pit, and that you either need to put much more focus on him or, well, drop him. Obviously the latter isn't an option for you.

And since Pit has mostly even matchups, you have to be physically better then your opponent to win. There's no muscling through any matchup with him.

People like your brother are people who I struggle with, actually. I don't really have anything that'd help in the average match against him, but he'd be a great training partner. I'd ask him to play one character in specific and grind out the matchup as best as you can.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
I think he's fine just the way he is. Though there are a few nitpicks I have about a couple of his moves.

1. The lag when he uses Gaurdian Orbitars. It's not bad, but it's can be easily baited which forces me to be weary about using it.... Or maybe I'm just spoiled with Palutena's Reflective Barrier.

2. Other characters can fall out of his f-smash/ up-smash. It doesn't happen to me that much, but when it does, it can be quite aggravating.

I agree that his aerials are a bit underwhelming, but he has other tools to KOs, so it's not much of an issue to me. Overall, he's a really good character as is, so I personally, I would be fine if he doesn't receive any buffs in the future.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Settle down please... Look, I'm serious when I say I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just, well, blunt with how I speak. It's just that you mentioned that you're doing better with characters other then Pit. Most serious players just play the same one or two characters to death and don't let their mains fall behind.

When I say Pit is hard to play, I mean that largely in a sense of focus. Pit is almost literally the only character I play as in 1v1s, take a guess who number two is, and I'm hardly stellar myself. I just know first hand how tough it is to play as Pit, and that you either need to put much more focus on him or, well, drop him. Obviously the latter isn't an option for you.

And since Pit has mostly even matchups, you have to be physically better then your opponent to win. There's no muscling through any matchup with him.

People like your brother are people who I struggle with, actually. I don't really have anything that'd help in the average match against him, but he'd be a great training partner. I'd ask him to play one character in specific and grind out the matchup as best as you can.
That brother sounds like me. On a typical round of For Glory matches I play with a particular
character about two to five times before moving on to the next, starting with my favourites (Megaman, Palutena
and Bowser Jr. are my top three).

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
2. Other characters can fall out of his f-smash/ up-smash. It doesn't happen to me that much, but when it does, it can be quite aggravating.
I play zelda and I can confirm (personally), more people fall out of Pit's F and U smash more then Zelda's F and U smash and it's something Zelda has been complaining about for a bit. Probably because Pit doesn't have a lot of other kill options

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
In my opinion the orbitars should be able to hold longer. But thats it. ^^

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I play zelda and I can confirm (personally), more people fall out of Pit's F and U smash more then Zelda's F and U smash and it's something Zelda has been complaining about for a bit. Probably because Pit doesn't have a lot of other kill options

this is general in smash 4...

I escaped from Toon Link's FSmash after 1st hit, it was probably very irritating to my opponent and not fun at all.

Zero Suit and some others can easily escape from Zelda's FSmash.

It's irritating, I believe it was fixed for Link in the latest update, I hope it gets fixed for all others in the upcoming update.

for now though, with Pit, I usually aim the Fsmash thinking of landing the 2nd hit more than the first, and it has been working, the increased range throws out opponents many times, or just use it when after shielding when opponent gets very close.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
this is general in smash 4...

I escaped from Toon Link's FSmash after 1st hit, it was probably very irritating to my opponent and not fun at all.

Zero Suit and some others can easily escape from Zelda's FSmash.

It's irritating, I believe it was fixed for Link in the latest update, I hope it gets fixed for all others in the upcoming update.

for now though, with Pit, I usually aim the Fsmash thinking of landing the 2nd hit more than the first, and it has been working, the increased range throws out opponents many times, or just use it when after shielding when opponent gets very close.
true this is because most of these 'multihits' won't use auto link angles, allowing for the base knockback to be too much. I have a feeling Sakurai didn't test out every hit box because some of them work as intended for a move while other screw the move entirely

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
"His Guardian Orbitars should have less startup. I can live with the end lag. "
i agree with this! Also am i the only one who wishes you can hold it down for as long as you want? its breakable and highly punishable if misused so i should at least be able to keep it on as long as i like.

i also think his arrows should be slightly faster. maybe lessen the ending or start up lag.
wish his jumps went a little higher but thats just me.

Overall though i think pit is well balanced and i feel like each of his moves are viable which is hard to find in a character. Pit to me is the easiest to pick up because he has such a variety of actions for each situation. Arrows for a distant attack, Guardian Orbitars to punish projectiles or safely land, upperdash arm for mixups and attack reads, Recovery that can save you from so far down (allowing you to feel safe when trying to edge guard). Smashs- Forward smash is strong and somewhat hard to dodge (con being it has bad ending lag but its understandable with that power) down smash- super fast and hard to punish, punishes rollers. Upsmash great with throw combo (back throw, run attack, up smash). Aerials- neutral air is a great go to with down grab combo also somewhat safe for approaching, builds up percentages. Forward air is great for putting pressure on an opponent and staying away from grab distance at the same time. Down air is a great landing option if people try to attack/grab you upon landing, also great for spiking. Back air is the best kill option in the air if you ask me especially if you sweet spot it.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
i very much enjoy skyworld (even though its a little cheap sometimes) with reset forest a close second. the temple is way too big and those spikes are a weird placement.

Top Bottom