• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ ShadowSlashX ShadowSlashX , you play a good Pit! I think you're being a bit too aggressive, though. I managed to subvert your attacks and strike back more than I should have been able to. You should use your arrows more as well, keep your opponent spaced and maintain control of the stage.

Pit is more defensive than he is offensive. So wait patiently and keep your opponent on their toes. Space them with arrows if you feel it helps and throw out n-airs every so often to keep them guessing. Make approaching difficult for them at all costs, and when they do come in to get you, stay savvy and hit them back. Aim to defend and strike back when your opponent makes a mistake or lowers their guard. Pit isn't very strong or fast, but he's got some good tools and knowing how and where to use them is key to victory.

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Good matches. Idk what happened in that match in Town and City but I assume lag/disconnect?

Thanks for the great advice! I do tend to play over aggressive, so I gotta tone that down a bit. I def need a better arrow gam if I plan to play Pit as much as I do DP. I'm unfortunately full of bad habits(that I've noticed even more thanks to these matches) that I really need to change, so I do dumb things when I know better.

As for your Pit, you did a great job with spacing your Fairs/Dairs to hit me with the very edge of the hitboxes consistently. Your arrow game is great, and it did a good job of aiding your recovery and interrupting me. Only thing I can comment on(which goes the same for me since I caught myself doing far too much) is using Dair right before landing. I could tell when you were gonna do it, but I didn't punish well since I would roll instead of shield grab/Side B. I remembered to save 1 of the replays so I'll look it over a couple times to see if there's anything else.

Overall, you outplayed me pretty well, and I look forward to more matches in the future!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Does anyone think Of Myths and Monsters is a prequel
to the first Kid Icarus?

1. Pit has to earn the right to use the Three Sacred Treasures.
2. Probably because it's first experience of real flight, he
flies to close to the sun and gets burned. :ohwell:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
We didn't have an NES back then. I ordered off from Amazon. They only had 1 left and I happened to catch it, so I ordered it a few days ago, and I got it in the mail today!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We didn't have an NES back then. I ordered off from Amazon. They only had 1 left and I happened to catch it, so I ordered it a few days ago, and I got it in the mail today!
Nice! I managed to find mine at my local Gamestop after some early-morning amiibo hunting. I picked up the last Captain Falcon at another store, too, so I was exceptionally pleased with that~

I have a second Pit amiibo, a gift from my mother, which I'm gonna give to my partner. I have no need for it and I'd feel bad taking money for it when I can instead give it to somebody that I love and adore~

Does anyone think Of Myths and Monsters is a prequel
to the first Kid Icarus?

1. Pit has to earn the right to use the Three Sacred Treasures.
2. Probably because it's first experience of real flight, he
flies to close to the sun and gets burned. :ohwell:
Possibly. I kind of figured that it was just a fairly standard episode between the original game and Uprising. Medua's banished, but the Underworld Army comes back under the command of Orcos, who's presumably working for or being influenced by Hades. And then in Uprising, Hades finally decides "screw it" and just shows up himself.

Speaking of which, do you believe Medusa or Hades is the big bad of the Kid Icarus mythos?

I understand the suggestion that Medusa is, since she's the original villain and reappears in Uprising for a while, but her role in Uprising is something of a false antagonist to set up for the actual big bad, which is of course Hades. Or is Hades just a one-shot villain, the bigger bad that's calling the shots from behind the scenes before stepping up the plate for real?

I think it's too early to tell at this stage. The Kid Icarus series is still small, with only three games under its belt, and only one of which has anything more than a "go defeat the villain and save the damsel in distress" excuse plot. Medusa is presumably dead for good now, and Hades's body is destroyed, with only his spirit left floating around in the aether. Unless they want to pull a Ganon on it and revive either Medusa or Hades as the recurring antagonist in the series, it's difficult to say.

I've heard it being compared to K. Rool in the Donkey Kong series, but I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. K. Rool has always been the big bad, due to his appearance in every major Donkey Kong game since Country and up to Returns, and there's every chance he'll return in future. Canonically, Hades is revealed to actually be Medusa's superior, and he ousts her shortly into the events of Uprising and takes over as the major antagonist.

I'm rambling a bit now, but in summation, I think it'll go in either one of several ways:

1. If Medusa returns in a new Kid Icarus game as the big bad, then I think it's safe to say that she's the Bowser or K. Rool of the series, and Uprising was just a temporary setback for her.

2. If Hades returns instead, then he's the Ganon of the series, always ready and waiting to take over as the real villain after the likes of Zant and Ghirahim have done their duties.

3. A new villain appears instead. My headcanon believes it'll be a character inspired by Persephone or Cronos because Greek mythology is da bess~

4. Orcos is the true big bad and was just playing around all this time. Knowing Sakurai and how much he loves to tease the fans, this would actually not at all surprise me.

I love debating this sort of thing. And this social is a bit dead anyway, so I think it's nice to get a conversation going!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Nice! I managed to find mine at my local Gamestop after some early-morning amiibo hunting. I picked up the last Captain Falcon at another store, too, so I was exceptionally pleased with that~

I have a second Pit amiibo, a gift from my mother, which I'm gonna give to my partner. I have no need for it and I'd feel bad taking money for it when I can instead give it to somebody that I love and adore~

Possibly. I kind of figured that it was just a fairly standard episode between the original game and Uprising. Medua's banished, but the Underworld Army comes back under the command of Orcos, who's presumably working for or being influenced by Hades. And then in Uprising, Hades finally decides "screw it" and just shows up himself.

Speaking of which, do you believe Medusa or Hades is the big bad of the Kid Icarus mythos?

I understand the suggestion that Medusa is, since she's the original villain and reappears in Uprising for a while, but her role in Uprising is something of a false antagonist to set up for the actual big bad, which is of course Hades. Or is Hades just a one-shot villain, the bigger bad that's calling the shots from behind the scenes before stepping up the plate for real?

I think it's too early to tell at this stage. The Kid Icarus series is still small, with only three games under its belt, and only one of which has anything more than a "go defeat the villain and save the damsel in distress" excuse plot. Medusa is presumably dead for good now, and Hades's body is destroyed, with only his spirit left floating around in the aether. Unless they want to pull a Ganon on it and revive either Medusa or Hades as the recurring antagonist in the series, it's difficult to say.

I've heard it being compared to K. Rool in the Donkey Kong series, but I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. K. Rool has always been the big bad, due to his appearance in every major Donkey Kong game since Country and up to Returns, and there's every chance he'll return in future. Canonically, Hades is revealed to actually be Medusa's superior, and he ousts her shortly into the events of Uprising and takes over as the major antagonist.

I'm rambling a bit now, but in summation, I think it'll go in either one of several ways:

1. If Medusa returns in a new Kid Icarus game as the big bad, then I think it's safe to say that she's the Bowser or K. Rool of the series, and Uprising was just a temporary setback for her.

2. If Hades returns instead, then he's the Ganon of the series, always ready and waiting to take over as the real villain after the likes of Zant and Ghirahim have done their duties.

3. A new villain appears instead. My headcanon believes it'll be a character inspired by Persephone or Cronos because Greek mythology is da bess~

4. Orcos is the true big bad and was just playing around all this time. Knowing Sakurai and how much he loves to tease the fans, this would actually not at all surprise me.

I love debating this sort of thing. And this social is a bit dead anyway, so I think it's nice to get a conversation going!
The thing about OMAM is that the premise of the
game is that Palutena has a premonitory dream of
Orcos invading, and so sends Pit on training so that
he can wield the three sacred treasures. Technically
the whole game takes place in "Angel Land" (Skyworld now, I guess).
The presence of Underworld monsters like Reapers and Eggplant Wizards
there could be explained by Palutena bringing them up
with permission from a not-yet-influenced by Hades Medusa.

Only the last stage of the game involves an invasion, and
even then it might not be the Underworld, as Orcos states he
is the King of the "Evil Land". You could argue that this was just
a different name given to the Underworld for this game, but the instruction
book states that Palutena has no idea who Cronos is. And as Uprising has
shown us, the only things that stump Palutena are things not of their
world, like the Aurum. So I think Orcos comes from another dimension
entirely or something like that.

Regarding where you think the series will go, I think 2 is
the most likely because...
After beating Uprising, I've heard that if you stick
around on the ending screen long enough Hades starts talking
to you, implying he's still around but without a body. Who knows
how he'll recover from this, but it's a possibility.
Of course, a new villain is always possible.

Medusa doesn't feel like a Bowser to me. She states
in the final battle that she's tired of playing the puppet to Hades,
implying that the whole reason she started assaulting the humans
was pointless, and the way she helps doesn't come across as a
"I'm helping you only so I can kill you later" kind of thing, as Bowser
has been known to do. That sounds more like Viridi's thing.
If Medusa ever came back, Palutena and Pit would probably
be more sympathetic towards her (maybe Palutena would even
go so far as to remove her curse on Medusa?). Heck, when Hades
kills Medusa after helping Pit, he gets mad at Hades, even though
he and Medusa had been sworn enemies up until that point.

As for Cronos coming back... unless some details
about him get changed, the fourth wall-breaking heroes
are going to tear him apart. If the title "Dark Lord" is cliched
to the heroes, I'm sure "King of The Evil Land" is too.

Whew...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The thing about OMAM is that the premise of the
game is that Palutena has a premonitory dream of
Orcos invading, and so sends Pit on training so that
he can wield the three sacred treasures. Technically
the whole game takes place in "Angel Land" (Skyworld now, I guess).
The presence of Underworld monsters like Reapers and Eggplant Wizards
there could be explained by Palutena bringing them up
with permission from a not-yet-influenced by Hades Medusa.

Only the last stage of the game involves an invasion, and
even then it might not be the Underworld, as Orcos states he
is the King of the "Evil Land". You could argue that this was just
a different name given to the Underworld for this game, but the instruction
book states that Palutena has no idea who Cronos is. And as Uprising has
shown us, the only things that stump Palutena are things not of their
world, like the Aurum. So I think Orcos comes from another dimension
entirely or something like that.

Regarding where you think the series will go, I think 2 is
the most likely because...
After beating Uprising, I've heard that if you stick
around on the ending screen long enough Hades starts talking
to you, implying he's still around but without a body. Who knows
how he'll recover from this, but it's a possibility.
Of course, a new villain is always possible.

Medusa doesn't feel like a Bowser to me. She states
in the final battle that she's tired of playing the puppet to Hades,
implying that the whole reason she started assaulting the humans
was pointless, and the way she helps doesn't come across as a
"I'm helping you only so I can kill you later" kind of thing, as Bowser
has been known to do. That sounds more like Viridi's thing.
If Medusa ever came back, Palutena and Pit would probably
be more sympathetic towards her (maybe Palutena would even
go so far as to remove her curse on Medusa?). Heck, when Hades
kills Medusa after helping Pit, he gets mad at Hades, even though
he and Medusa had been sworn enemies up until that point.

As for Cronos coming back... unless some details
about him get changed, the fourth wall-breaking heroes
are going to tear him apart. If the title "Dark Lord" is cliched
to the heroes, I'm sure "King of The Evil Land" is too.

Whew...
Yeah, I think "Evil Land" is probably just a nickname for or a region in the Underworld. It's kind of like the Dark World or the Demon Tribe in the Zelda mythos, it's all a bit vague and abstract. Sakurai cleared up a lot of confusion by taking the important bits and retconning some of the more indistinct aspects, e.g. Skyworld is now the name given to Palutena's domain in the heavens and the human world is left deliberately ambiguous, though it's strongly implied to be either an alternate version of Earth in the time of the ancient Greeks or a fantasy world inspired by ancient Greece.

Incidentally, are you confusing Orcos and Cronos? The names are similar, but I'm actually referring to Cronos in Greek mythology, the first of the Titans and father of Zeus and Hades. In Greek mythology, he castrated and banished his father, Ouranos (Uranus) and claimed control of the world. He fathered Zeus, Poseidon and Hades with his wife, Rhea, and began to rule over the world of mortals. He was later usurped by Zeus as his own father had been and he himself was banished as well, and Zeus became the new king of the gods and ruler of Mt. Olympus.

In my own headcanon sequel, Cronos would be the major antagonist of the story, appearing as a powerful and mad deity long since sealed away by the gods for fear that he would consume the world and everything in it. I envision him as an enormous being of immense power and burning intensity, quite insane and prone to laughing maniacally. And he just cosumes and devours everything in his way. I love that kind of Lovecraftian abomination, eheheh~

I also have a headcanon theory that Persephone would appear as an antagonist, and that she would be Hades' bratty, selfish, spoiled, illegitimate teenage daughter (as opposed to his wife, as she is in the actual myths) who appears to try and resurrect Hades after his defeat at the hands of Pit and Palutena. She'd be guided by Hades's disembodied spirit, who casually insults the heroes and snarks away as he always does, with Persephone acting as his agent in the Underworld and the new ruler of the Underworld Army.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Yeah, I think "Evil Land" is probably just a nickname for or a region in the Underworld. It's kind of like the Dark World or the Demon Tribe in the Zelda mythos, it's all a bit vague and abstract. Sakurai cleared up a lot of confusion by taking the important bits and retconning some of the more indistinct aspects, e.g. Skyworld is now the name given to Palutena's domain in the heavens and the human world is left deliberately ambiguous, though it's strongly implied to be either an alternate version of Earth in the time of the ancient Greeks or a fantasy world inspired by ancient Greece.

Incidentally, are you confusing Orcos and Cronos? The names are similar, but I'm actually referring to Cronos in Greek mythology, the first of the Titans and father of Zeus and Hades. In Greek mythology, he castrated and banished his father, Ouranos (Uranus) and claimed control of the world. He fathered Zeus, Poseidon and Hades with his wife, Rhea, and began to rule over the world of mortals. He was later usurped by Zeus as his own father had been and he himself was banished as well, and Zeus became the new king of the gods and ruler of Mt. Olympus.

In my own headcanon sequel, Cronos would be the major antagonist of the story, appearing as a powerful and mad deity long since sealed away by the gods for fear that he would consume the world and everything in it. I envision him as an enormous being of immense power and burning intensity, quite insane and prone to laughing maniacally. And he just cosumes and devours everything in his way. I love that kind of Lovecraftian abomination, eheheh~

I also have a headcanon theory that Persephone would appear as an antagonist, and that she would be Hades' bratty, selfish, spoiled, illegitimate teenage daughter (as opposed to his wife, as she is in the actual myths) who appears to try and resurrect Hades after his defeat at the hands of Pit and Palutena. She'd be guided by Hades's disembodied spirit, who casually insults the heroes and snarks away as he always does, with Persephone acting as his agent in the Underworld and the new ruler of the Underworld Army.
Oh, I was only talking about Orcos (their names sound
too similar).

I suppose looking too much into OMAM is kind
of a moot point since it has pretty much zero impact
in terms of story on the other two games. But I do
it anyway because it's fun.

I already explained why I think Evil Land
is in another dimension entirely, as in not of the
world Kid Icarus takes place in. Palutena has
no idea who he is, or even where he comes from
when she first has the dream. And unless the All-Seeing Eye
of Palutena wasn't a thing back then, it means that
Orcos is a completely foreign entity.

The way you describe Persephone kinda sounds like Amazon Pandora...
speaking of which, what do you think happened to her after
the fight with Dark Pit? Also, if Hades was trying to revive
himself, I'd imagine he'd keep himself hidden from the heroes
for as long as possible in order to catch them off guard.
His figurine states that he prefers working in the shadows,
unbeknownst to all.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Oh, I was only talking about Orcos (their names sound
too similar).

I suppose looking too much into OMAM is kind
of a moot point since it has pretty much zero impact
in terms of story on the other two games. But I do
it anyway because it's fun.
Indeed ahaha~

I already explained why I think Evil Land
is in another dimension entirely, as in not of the
world Kid Icarus takes place in. Palutena has
no idea who he is, or even where he comes from
when she first has the dream. And unless the All-Seeing Eye
of Palutena wasn't a thing back then, it means that
Orcos is a completely foreign entity.
She didn't know he was a thing because of her slightly botched laser eye surgery~

The way you describe Persephone kinda sounds like Amazon Pandora...
speaking of which, what do you think happened to her after
the fight with Dark Pit? Also, if Hades was trying to revive
himself, I'd imagine he'd keep himself hidden from the heroes
for as long as possible in order to catch them off guard.
His figurine states that he prefers working in the shadows,
unbeknownst to all.
Well Amazon Pandora is more sultry and exotic. I imagine that Persephone would be more like a typical high school girl meets goth-emo reject from hell: pigtails, miniskirt, pale skin, dark aura and an incredibly ****** attitude to everybody she meets.

That's a good point about Hades, actually. I can definitely see him pulling a Ganon on it and remaining hidden for as long as he possibly can before jumping out with a, "Surprise! Miss me, kiddies~?"

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
She didn't know he was a thing because of her slightly botched laser eye surgery~
So when she didn't know about the Aurum,
was that her botched eye too? (Although she could
get their species names after the fact).

The way you describe Persephone sounds like
she'd do a terrible job of keeping Hades hidden. One
slip-up and she's whining about how hard Pit
is making it for her to revive Daddy... whoops.

If anything, though, the next game will probably
start with the resumed hostilities with the Forces of Nature,
if the Palutena's Guidance of Dark Pit is anything to go by,
even if for only the first level or something.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So when she didn't know about the Aurum,
was that her botched eye too? (Although she could
get their species names after the fact).
Knowing Palutena, she's blatantly lying because she likes to keep an air of mystery about herself. I think she genuinely didn't know about the Aurum, since they do indeed come from another world, and she'd have no reason to make contact with them before they made contact with her.

The way you describe Persephone sounds like
she'd do a terrible job of keeping Hades hidden. One
slip-up and she's whining about how hard Pit
is making it for her to revive Daddy... whoops.
Bingo~

:3

If anything, though, the next game will probably
start with the resumed hostilities with the Forces of Nature,
if the Palutena's Guidance of Dark Pit is anything to go by,
even if for only the first level or something.
I heard somebody mention that it'd be neat to have two separate storylines, one where you play as Pit and the other where you play as Dark Pit, and the two would overlap at certain areas and converge at the end. I'd play it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I know that Palutena likes to tease Pit a lot
about what she can really do, but she's usually
quick to drop the facade once she's gotten a rise out of him.
But that doesn't happen with the Aurum, in fact she
seems legitimately scared at first with the unforeseen
and unknown threat.

Her name-identifying may just a random power
she has. Though she kinda says she makes them
up since actual Aurum names are not pronouncable
in our language. And most of the other info she does get
about them comes from Pyrron (wonder if she uses Divinipedia now).

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
This thread is dedicated to talking about our experiences, training the angel who fights for the light, Pit!
So please talk here about problems you are experiences and the triumphs you have had!
Hopefully we can all help each other learn more and get better with Pit!

Here is my first entry:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I played @ CHOMPY CHOMPY earlier - whom I consider to be one of the strongest Pit players we have in the Smash 4 boards - and learned a lot from fighting him. He complemented my skills and gave me some good tips.

I'd encourage everybody to play dittos with more experienced players. You'll learn a lot by doing it and you may even make some new friends by doing so~

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
From the first 45 seconds I saw, its quite clear that you need to brush up on not only learning what the character can truely do, but knowing the basic jests on how to play Smash in general. For example, try mixing up your playstyle, whether it would approaching, landing, getting back on stage, etc. are the first keys to learning how to get better. Focus first on learning what Pit can actually do as a character. Then focus on the bad habits you have, and work from there.

The most common mistakes I have seen from Pit players are they tend to rely on side B, because it has super armor, plus it can hit. Another mistake I see a lot of Pit plays is they don't wait for the opponent to air dodge before shooting the arrow. The longer you charge the arrow, the higher percentage you deal. A lot of Pit players tend to use the Guardian Orbtars when they are in the air to ensure safety landing, but they get grabbed the moment the Orbitars vanish. Also, they dash attack far too much. Sure its quick, but very punishable, so you can to mix that up by doing a empty jump backwards, or simply do a dash grab. My favorite thing about dash grab is as they're landing, they tend to put their shields up to ensure safety, when in reality its not safe, since you can simple dash grab them when they are about to land. Pits running speed is decent enough where he can actually chase after the opponent if you know they are going to roll away from you, so use the dash speed to your advantage.

Try watching some of the gameplay footage I have over in this thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-match-videos-december-26th-added.383391/

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
From the first 45 seconds I saw, its quite clear that you need to brush up on not only learning what the character can truely do, but knowing the basic jests on how to play Smash in general. For example, try mixing up your playstyle, whether it would approaching, landing, getting back on stage, etc. are the first keys to learning how to get better. Focus first on learning what Pit can actually do as a character. Then focus on the bad habits you have, and work from there.

The most common mistakes I have seen from Pit players are they tend to rely on side B, because it has super armor, plus it can hit. Another mistake I see a lot of Pit plays is they don't wait for the opponent to air dodge before shooting the arrow. The longer you charge the arrow, the higher percentage you deal. A lot of Pit players tend to use the Guardian Orbtars when they are in the air to ensure safety landing, but they get grabbed the moment the Orbitars vanish. Also, they dash attack far too much. Sure its quick, but very punishable, so you can to mix that up by doing a empty jump backwards, or simply do a dash grab. My favorite thing about dash grab is as they're landing, they tend to put their shields up to ensure safety, when in reality its not safe, since you can simple dash grab them when they are about to land. Pits running speed is decent enough where he can actually chase after the opponent if you know they are going to roll away from you, so use the dash speed to your advantage.

Try watching some of the gameplay footage I have over in this thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-match-videos-december-26th-added.383391/
Alrighty then thanks man! I'll probably be practicing this on my stream tonight.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Hey all, I recently finished Kid Icarus: Uprising and it's just about my favorite game I've ever played!

The thing that I'm personally the most worried about from Dark Pit's guidance is not Dark Pit joining the Forces of Nature, but the fact that they still have the Lightning Chariot, aka the only thing able to pierce through Palutena's forcefield in all of 3 years time.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hey all, I recently finished Kid Icarus: Uprising and it's just about my favorite game I've ever played!

The thing that I'm personally the most worried about from Dark Pit's guidance is not Dark Pit joining the Forces of Nature, but the fact that they still have the Lightning Chariot, aka the only thing able to pierce through Palutena's forcefield in all of 3 years time.
Welcome, fellow angelic host! Glad you enjoyed the game as we all did~

Well, that's...yeah, wow, that's actually a pretty good point. I wonder if that was just an incidental detail or brilliant setting-up for a new plot point?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Welcome, fellow angelic host! Glad you enjoyed the game as we all did~

Well, that's...yeah, wow, that's actually a pretty good point. I wonder if that was just an incidental detail or brilliant setting-up for a new plot point?
How did Medusa breach it 25 years ago? Or maybe it just wasn't a thing.

At any rate, they can't be fighting for too long, otherwise the gods will have pretty much shown that
they learned nothing from their ordeal. Whatever interests that Dark Pit has overlapping with Viridi's,
it certainly isn't helping her win the war, as evidenced by this little line:

"All you gods and your stupid wars are the reason everything's off-balance!"
And this was said in response to a complaint lodged by Viridi against humans.

Given what little we know about Dark Pit's personality, the only reason he'd join the Forces of Nature
that we know of is getting another chance to fight Pit, but after the Chaos Kin incident (being comatose
while Pit was trapped in his ring) you'd think he'd know a bit better. So what other reasons could he have?
He has nothing against humans that we know of.

Also Phosphora is one that holds on to the Lightning Chariot when no one is using it.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
How did Medusa breach it 25 years ago? Or maybe it just wasn't a thing.

At any rate, they can't be fighting for too long, otherwise the gods will have pretty much shown that
they learned nothing from their ordeal. Whatever interests that Dark Pit has overlapping with Viridi's,
it certainly isn't helping her win the war, as evidenced by this little line:

"All you gods and your stupid wars are the reason everything's off-balance!"
And this was said in response to a complaint lodged by Viridi against humans.

Given what little we know about Dark Pit's personality, the only reason he'd join the Forces of Nature
that we know of is getting another chance to fight Pit, but after the Chaos Kin incident (being comatose
while Pit was trapped in his ring) you'd think he'd know a bit better. So what other reasons could he have?
He has nothing against humans that we know of.

Also Phosphora is one that holds on to the Lightning Chariot when no one is using it.
I'm guessing from all of times in both Smash and Uprising where they say that they weren't too experienced back then, I'm guessing they never had one for the original.

Maybe the guidance explains why Dark Pit had the Lightning Chariot in both "Palutena's Temple" and "Hades, Lord of the Underworld", then again, he seemed pretty mad at Viridi in "Scorched Feathers" as shown in your quote, so I don't know why he would join the Forces of Nature.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think the Guidances explain that Palutena used to be pretty easy-going and careless, so security wasn't an issue back then. They've obviously stepped up their game since, of course, and are now a lot better at keeping Skyworld safe.

I imagine Viridi just promised that Dark Pit can do whatever he wants while he's working for her. Dark Pit did lose his power of flight after Pandora's death, so I think he'd be willing to hang out with Viridi if he's got an incentive to fight for her. They just happen to share the same goals. Better, I daresay, with them than against them, y'know?

SirPulse

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirPulse
3DS FC
0490-6309-5461
heya pit people, suppose this would be the place to introduce myself.
i have a buddy that goes by Maharba the Mystic, was fairly active back in the day on the brawl pit forums. he loved pit even though the character wasnt all that great, and was ready for the next smash game to come along and main pit again. unfortunately, a diving accident caused him paralysis and he can no longer continue his journey.
today i play his character in his name, along with my own of course, as mains (opposed to a main and a secondary).
anyways sad stuff aside i never necessarily really liked pit or anything, nor have i played any of his games, but he feels damn good in smash4 and i look forward to a bright future with him as my go-to character in tournaments.

SoulRed12

Smash Cadet
Just curious - to all the Pit players out there who take him to local tournaments, what kinds of techniques do you use amaze the audience?

I was watching a video of a 3ds tournament and a guy playing Charizard made the crowd erupt when he got a surprise early stage spike KO by flare blitzing into a recovering Sheik. What kinds of things do you do or try to do for style points/crowd excitement with Pit? Or is Pit just not a showboater?

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
heya pit people, suppose this would be the place to introduce myself.
i have a buddy that goes by Maharba the Mystic, was fairly active back in the day on the brawl pit forums. he loved pit even though the character wasnt all that great, and was ready for the next smash game to come along and main pit again. unfortunately, a diving accident caused him paralysis and he can no longer continue his journey.
today i play his character in his name, along with my own of course, as mains (opposed to a main and a secondary).
anyways sad stuff aside i never necessarily really liked pit or anything, nor have i played any of his games, but he feels damn good in smash4 and i look forward to a bright future with him as my go-to character in tournaments.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Pit can do some pretty sweet dair shenanigans such as double or even triple meteor smashes or meteor smash into a footstool. You can snipe someone who is in the magnifying glass and knock them into the blast zone with an arrow. Also if the opponent is in a bad position you can try gimping them with guardian orbitars (although this has very limited usage). Maybe you could also stage spike someone using the upperdash or elctroshock as they recover? or use the upperdash/eloctroshock arm ledgecancel technique for soemthing interesting.

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Hey guys, as you can see I'm new to the Pit boards.

I'm a dedicated Fox main but have always loved Pit (he was a strong second for me in Brawl, but his major changes, like Fox, made him pretty awkward for me in this game) but just recently decided that I really do want to put the time into him.

You guys will see me lurking around occasionally posting here and there. I'm working on my Pit right now and definitely finding that he's a tough character to use really well, which is awesome, because I love characters with a high skill ceiling (Fox <3).

Anyway, any preliminary tips you guys have for a new Pit player? I've been playing fairly defensively, really focusing on my spacing and abusing his really solid edgeguarding game. I've been finding his charged arrows to be fairly tricky to land, however, so I've been trying to focus on getting that down. Really satisfying to kill off the side with a charged arrow though, such a beautiful finish.

Chaleb

Smash Cadet
Anybody on here want to do Pit dittos online sometime? I'd like to see how other Pits play and how mine stacks up.

Ericchi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Terminia
If you're trying to show off with Pit, you gotta chase off stage constantly. I'm talking even at low perfecents. GO DEEP. You'll always make it back anyway.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
same here but with dark pit, those forums are more or less nonexistent
dark pit has forums?
I'm not sure why they just didn't make it one forum, I'm certain absolutely any tech found for either character, can be preformed with either character

Top Bottom