• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Aw, Admiral Bowser was more fun.
I suppose it's safe to say that I can't get many day without some form of stress or being provoked... Sigh.
But mind not doing this to me?

Last edited:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah, yeah, ok. You know I don't mean anything by it. I do however look forward to playing you in the future. ^_^

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Oh I remember you. You made those millions of Pit combo videos iirc. I enjoyed those.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Oh I remember you. You made those millions of Pit combo videos iirc. I enjoyed those.
Sadly, they were removed once I became partnered with Maker Studios. What with the third party material music. They'll probably get reuploaded to my channel at some point in the near future with commentary rather than music.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
That's a shame, though I don't think I mind commentary instead of music. Looking forward to them.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Morning do-gooders! :happysheep:

Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Syrek and I've been a fan of Pit since the Brawl days. Yes that's right, I liked Pit even before playing Uprising. He was my go to character, besides Mario and Ike, who I used all the time in Brawl. When I found out that his series was getting a reboot that was being created by Sakraui, I naturally was intrigued, not only be how the game looked but how it was going to be played. I bought the game on release and instantly fell in love with the characters, writing, music, graphics and gameplay. Everything about the game was simply sublime and yes, I even enjoyed the awkward control scheme many dislike. Kid Icarus Uprising has become one of my favourite games of all time, alongside Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Awakening and I still play and beat it every month. And no, it never gets old. :p

Needless to say, Pit, Palutena and even Dark Pit have become my mains alongside Robin, Lucina and Shulk. I really liked how the revamped Pit's move set with and refreshed his look somewhat. I still got a long way to go in order to be good with Pit, but I'm slowly getting there. I hope I can contribute to this thread and be actively engaged in the conversations. Thanks for having me! ^_^

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The hot springs seem pretty empty right about now. Come on in, the water's fine~

So I've been experimenting with different custom movesets for Pit. Bow of Penetration is still easily my favourite neutral B and I'm currently using regular Power of Flight, though I may switch to Striking Flight or Breezy Flight for a bit of extra wham in the wings. Anybody got their own favourite customs and tips they'd like to share for optimising your own playstyles?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
In terms of customs I think I'm perfectly fine with his default moves. Don't really care much for his customs. If i ever did use them I'd probably use his longer range side-b and Amplifying Orbitars

On another note, Guardian Orbitars are hilarious. http://gfycat.com/TallFlashyIndianpalmsquirrel

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
In terms of customs I think I'm perfectly fine with his default moves. Don't really care much for his customs. If i ever did use them I'd probably use his longer range side-b and Amplifying Orbitars

On another note, Guardian Orbitars are hilarious. http://gfycat.com/TallFlashyIndianpalmsquirrel
Wow, what exactly happened there? Did the water just bounce off the Oribitars? If so, I definitely need to try that out sometime :shades:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Wow, what exactly happened there? Did the water just bounce off the Oribitars? If so, I definitely need to try that out sometime :shades:
Some of the water bounced off. That's what Greninja was hit with which is what actually allowed him to be ko'd off the ceiling. I think the Orbitars weird push effect and how Greninja's Hydro Pump just kinda messes with recoveries has something to do with it too.

Negoksai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Negoksai
3DS FC
3781-0352-9739
Hey I'm going around from thread to thread looking for some practice with each of the characters, if you're fairly active and confident with your competitive skills please send me a message with your friend code my FC is 3781 0352 9739

Negoksai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Negoksai
3DS FC
3781-0352-9739
Hey I'm going around from thread to thread looking for some practice with each of the characters, if you're fairly active and confident with your competitive skills please send me a message with your friend code my FC is 3781 0352 9739

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
do you guys have preferences for which omega stages you go to? cause i just notices that pit's arrows are pretty invisible in the sky of mushroomy kingdom omega and thats now my go-to pit omega stage (except against stupidass greninja invisible shadow sneaks). im still not sure when to prefer vertical ledges vs the other kind though haha. the vertical ledges are nice to cling to for recovery though so thats usually what i go for. does pit get good enough gimps/is it worth goin all the way under the stage to merit picking the stages without vertical edges?

also do omega stages have any property differences involving size and blastzones? or is living room just distorting my perception lol. cause i feel like lower ceilings would help pit go for earlierish upperdash arm kills lol while electroshock arm would be better for higher ceilings for edgeguard situations instead lol.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
do you guys have preferences for which omega stages you go to? cause i just notices that pit's arrows are pretty invisible in the sky of mushroomy kingdom omega and thats now my go-to pit omega stage (except against stupidass greninja invisible shadow sneaks). im still not sure when to prefer vertical ledges vs the other kind though haha. the vertical ledges are nice to cling to for recovery though so thats usually what i go for. does pit get good enough gimps/is it worth goin all the way under the stage to merit picking the stages without vertical edges?

also do omega stages have any property differences involving size and blastzones? or is living room just distorting my perception lol. cause i feel like lower ceilings would help pit go for earlierish upperdash arm kills lol while electroshock arm would be better for higher ceilings for edgeguard situations instead lol.
Pit's best Omega is white Dreamland. 99% invincible arrows FTW! (Hold Y when selecting Dreamland and it'll be in black-and-white.)

When it comes to legaler stages, Pit's great on Brinstar because of how the underside works. Pit slides up slants very quickly when he hits them with his PoF at any angle, and Brinstar is almost entirely a slant dispite it's appearance. Tricked lots of players into taunting with it.

Oh, speaking of my slant sliding thing. Guys, try it in the online waiting room. Just see for yourselves.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pit's best Omega is white Dreamland. 99% invincible arrows FTW! (Hold Y when selecting Dreamland and it'll be in black-and-white.)

When it comes to legaler stages, Pit's great on Brinstar because of how the underside works. Pit slides up slants very quickly when he hits them with his PoF at any angle, and Brinstar is almost entirely a slant dispite it's appearance. Tricked lots of players into taunting with it.

Oh, speaking of my slant sliding thing. Guys, try it in the online waiting room. Just see for yourselves.
>Tries the Brinstar thing.

Oh wow that is amazing. And it makes flying underneath the stage even easier. Love this.

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
I was gonna make an account to post on this thread but I guess I already had one. Huh. Thanks, Past Me. Bad name choice though.

Anyways, hi! I'm Kaynel, and I'm in more or less the same exact boat as Syrek. I saw Pit in Brawl's E3 trailer fighting one of my favorite Nintendo characters (And my second main!) Meta Knight, and instantly thought he was the coolest dude. He was the first character I picked up in Brawl way back when I was a wee casual player, all the way up until I started, and then quit Project M.

When Kid Icarus Uprising was announced I was in love with it straightaway, and to this day it's my favorite game OF ALL TIME.

I'm very dedicated to the series, and the lil guy himself, and I'm trying really hard to improve. I love Smash 4 and to me, it's how competitive Smash SHOULD be, because I never really liked the whole twitchy, warp speed, thing that Melee and PM are

I have a lot to learn, so I hope you'll take care of me!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was gonna make an account to post on this thread but I guess I already had one. Huh. Thanks, Past Me. Bad name choice though.

Anyways, hi! I'm Kaynel, and I'm in more or less the same exact boat as Syrek. I saw Pit in Brawl's E3 trailer fighting one of my favorite Nintendo characters (And my second main!) Meta Knight, and instantly thought he was the coolest dude. He was the first character I picked up in Brawl way back when I was a wee casual player, all the way up until I started, and then quit Project M.

When Kid Icarus Uprising was announced I was in love with it straightaway, and to this day it's my favorite game OF ALL TIME.

I'm very dedicated to the series, and the lil guy himself, and I'm trying really hard to improve. I love Smash 4 and to me, it's how competitive Smash SHOULD be, because I never really liked the whole twitchy, warp speed, thing that Melee and PM are

I have a lot to learn, so I hope you'll take care of me!
Welcome to our fair forum, my friend! I think you'll fit in just fine~

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
Welcome to our fair forum, my friend! I think you'll fit in just fine~

Thanks! It's great to see so many fans of the Angel and his game! I feel like he's vastly unappreciated.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Thanks! It's great to see so many fans of the Angel and his game! I feel like he's vastly unappreciated.
No arguments here. Do you have any particular tips or tricks you'd like to share with us whilst you're out and about~?

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
No arguments here. Do you have any particular tips or tricks you'd like to share with us whilst you're out and about~?
Hmm. I'm not sure I could contribute much that hasn't already been said somewhere else. I tend to short hop NAir back and fourth sometimes and just blend my opponents that way, but if you do it too much they'll slip out due to knockback and end up shielding it. Either way I find it can be useful pressure.

I know that Pit can also jump off the ledge, FAir, Jump, FAir, Jump, FAir... But I have trouble timing the jump, and actually very often I end up miscounting the jumps and having ot PoF to the ledge.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hey guisse, after playing essentially all characters constantly for a month, I decided to play Pit (and Dark Pit once in a while) too. At first I didn't like some of the changes the dev team made on him, but now I am liking Sm4sh Pit a lot more than his Brawl version (I still miss his old up tilt, though).

Now if only I could get used to Palutena too

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
Hey guisse, after playing essentially all characters constantly for a month, I decided to play Pit (and Dark Pit once in a while) too. At first I didn't like some of the changes the dev team made on him, but now I am liking Sm4sh Pit a lot more than his Brawl version (I still miss his old up tilt, though).

Now if only I could get used to Palutena too
I think his new uptilt is wayyy better. It has a bigger hitbox, and it's really useful for anyone who spaces their attacks wrong and ends up right in your face.

Plus, it looks way cooler.

Reila

I think his new uptilt is wayyy better. It has a bigger hitbox, and it's really useful for anyone who spaces their attacks wrong and ends up right in your face.

Plus, it looks way cooler.
It is better yes, but (here is where we disagree) it doesn't look as cool as the old one.

Ideally (for me ofc) the up tilt would have the same animation as in Brawl, but with the Smash 4 hitbox :D

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
It is better yes, but (here is where we disagree) it doesn't look as cool as the old one.

Ideally (for me ofc) the up tilt would have the same animation as in Brawl, but with the Smash 4 hitbox :D

But he does like a backflip triple kick!

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
I mean, I guess it used to look more unique? Cause you could argue it's similar now to Sonic's or Falcon's Up Smash? But I would rather backflip kick a dude in the jaw. I think it looks sharper.

Reila

I liked how he used to stand over his weapon to get higher and kick the opponent. The new backflip up tilt looks kind of random imo.

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
I liked how he used to stand over his weapon to get higher and kick the opponent. The new backflip up tilt looks kind of random imo.
Yeah it was definitely unique. I think ideally they would have incorporated the balancing on his bow into the new animation somehow. But this one looks more like an offensive attack and less like he's trying to get a spider away from him.

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
I think there's a trade off between an animation that utilizes his unique abilities and an animation that makes him seem like the agile fighter he's supposed to be.

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
I'm so glad there's no more Angel Ring that was so stupid

Last edited:

Kaynel

Smash Rookie
NNID
BurstBlade
3DS FC
2277-6863-0351
Either / or. Just don't post before somebody else has had a turn, essentially~
Okay, my bad. Actually at least one of those was because I had set up my main icons below my image and I wanted to see them tbh

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
100% agree. It was such a stupid spammy, nooby move. I love the upperdash arm though, it's awesome
Angel Ring being only useful as a noob tactic, to be replaced with the more practical Upperdash Arm, just to be spammed by scrubs.

We've come full circle.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I laughed way too hard with this lmao
Palutena and Viridi trolling Chrom is priceless
That's wickedly harsh on their part.

It's the kind of thing I shouldn't laugh at, but I will laugh anyway, because it's just so scathingly wonderful~

Top Bottom