• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit I feel is a great character for dealing with airdodges, but you can't exactly be "casual" about it. The hitboxes last long enough to catch people out of dodges, but not long enough to just throw the attacks out. If they're dodging your arrows, then you need to learn to varry your timing more. Actually, it sounds like you've hit one of the big hurdles in SSB in general.

Slow down your game a touch, think things through, and always try to think ahead of your opponent.

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
hnng its so frustrando

up air in particular i find myself rarely connecting. like it feels like it should be one of the better moves in this game but if youre going up and theyre going down, the thin hitbox ends up not taking very long to pass all the way through and blah blah blah

as for arrows, what do you do about people that just wait for the dingding pshoo before they air dodge? like i have been messin with charge times and thats fun but like it feels like you can just react to them, and then arrows end up feeling largely useless except to interrupt people charging something/catching them off guard i guess. idk am i wrong about that? i can land them occasionally but like whats stopping someone from just perfectly reacting to every arrow you send at them while theyre recovering?

and then like just characters like ness who should have low level recoveries just whoosh effortlessly right through me and pits got a slowish horizontal air drift so its p hard to chase a ness when they just double jump-airdodged miles above & behind you. and im sure i should be doin some mixups but i dunno. it feels like they have a defensive option for every offensive option i have whether it be fast fall air dodge, double jump air dodge, regular air dodge, or they predict me waiting out their airdodge and they just fair me. like the defensive options outnumber the offensive options in this game it feels like. and lol, id switch to melee but i cant be pit there, and pm pit has a dumb voice. idk it seems like its just me though thats having such a hard time with this. whatever lol

i just wanna use my moves and hit people with my attacks ;_;

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Pit's aerials are a little weird... They seem like lingering hitboxes, but they're similar to normal attacks like his D-air. Well, N-air actually does last quite a bit... But you want to use U-air and F-air like a normal single hit attack.

The arrows are mainly for harassment and to not give opponents breathing room, even if they dodge. You can hit more reliably while they're off stage... But still, defensive options are just so good and easy here. Air dodges and such really are just hard to punish, and easily avoid arrows or anything.

All I can say is to try and use N-air more if you think they'll air dodge, and try to get the hang of baiting and punishing air dodges with other aerials. Ideally attack them as they're close to landing, as it forces them to choose between dodging and getting stuck with big landing lag, or getting hit.

A little trick for arrows is to get a rhythm for alternating directions as it charges. Pit's aiming/turning animation pauses the charge timer while holding the arrow, and longer charged arrows are pretty hard to react to if they can't use the normal ding ding pshoo as a cue.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
After coming a long way playing as Pit since the 3DS release, I'd love to try my Pit out against your's Pit fans.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to try and be more active around here since it's sort of slow. I have used Pit quite a lot anyway.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
After hating him in Brawl (his voice was cringe-worthy), I've slowly fallen in love with Pit in Sm4sh.

KI:U gave me a whole new perspective on Pit and Palutena, and I was thrilled to hear Antony Del Rio voice him in Smash.

It's a shame these socials are so dead. I come from the Zelda social, a very talkative but hilarious community.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I actually love how del Rio can sound cute and prepubescent one moment and then put on a faux-confident tone with childish grunts and growls.

It really does sound like Pit is just a kid trying super hard to be cool and tough, it's adorable~

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's voice is one of my favorite parts of the character. It's just so fitting and funny, yaknow? And not as grating as his Brawl voice. Or his Japanese voice... Ugh. Even Dark Pit sounds all squeaky.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okie-doke, let's try and get a conversation going, shall we~?

So as of Uprising, Kid Icarus seems to have been well and truly revived and put back into the mainstays of Nintendo's wide and varied canon. Sakurai taking charge as the game's director no doubt helped, as his legendary flair and creativity breathed new life into the series and brought it to new heights in terms of gameplay, characters, story and aesthetics. With Smash 4 now representing a new stage in the popularity and relevance of the Kid Icarus series, things have never been brighter for our divine pals and their endearing universe.

Yet there remains the essential proviso of Sakurai's that, after Uprising, he has no intentions of making another Kid Icarus game. He is notorious for saying similar things in the past, though after the stress and intensity of Smash 4's development, he may well decide to take a hiatus from development for a while and allow others to take creative control over the Kid Icarus IP.

What I'm curious about is, do we think Kid Icarus has a future? If so, will it be another game under Sakurai's keen eye, or will a new director step up and take charge? Will Kid Icarus become to Sakurai what Mario is to Miyamoto and Zelda is to Aonuma, or will it become a more universal project that different directors and dev teams alike will share production on, resulting in more frequent games and more diverse products?

What do we think? Will Pit and friends remain flying high or will the series ultimately crash and burn?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's a crapshot basically, though I wouldn't mind a sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising just for the factor of improving the flaws. For example if a sequel does get made for the Wii U, it would help with people that are left handed since the Gamepad has a more ambidextrous layout then the 3DS. Another adjustment I would probably suggest is making the melee options more versatile.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No doubt it'll take awhile for the next Kid Icarus, I personally don't think we'll see one before the second half of next gen, but I'm optimistic that it'll get picked up by one of Nintendo's great developers such as Retro.

Well rather then making melee moves more varied, I'd cut the whole melee/range star mechanic outright. One set of stars yaknow? KIU at the highest levels is entirely min-maxing and balanced weapons never see the light of day, so naturally making it easier to make proper mixed sets would balance things out a tad.

Actually, I've talked alot about "fixing" KIU in my time. Things like giving Clubs partial charge shots to give them a chance in a standoff, reworking the power regeneration system, making the angel less random and/or come out at the start, simplifing fusion without making it too easy, and tons of balancing powers and weapons. It's really a shame competitive KIU is dying out and the threat of a powerful glitch becoming widespread is looming over what's left...

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I got absolutely bodied the other day in For Glory.

That's nothing special, but the fact that I was consistently thrashed by a Dark Pit player really hammered home the point that I am not a great player. It actually shattered my confidence for a while afterwards, and whilst I detest self-pity at the best of times, it was quite a mortifying experience overall.

My own Pit amiibo is too much of a challenge for me to surpass for the most part. I managed to beat it after a lot of trial and error, but even so, I felt like I was only winning by exploiting its familiar tactics. I wonder if this is a regular occurrence and if this is intended to be my "trial by fire", so to speak, before I earn my wings and am able to join the heavenly host of experienced Pit players.

Anybody willing to offer any advice or condolences in that respect? Watching players like @ CHOMPY CHOMPY makes me realise how utterly mediocre I am at the best of times, and while I have no intentions of achieving that level of competitive prowess, I would at least be grateful about feeling confident in the skills that I do actually possess with my main.

Incidentally, I got a second Pit amiibo for Christmas, which I'm giving to my wonderful and beautiful partner instead~

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517

That;s nothing special, but the fact that I was consistently thrashed by a Dark Pit player really hammered home the point that I am not a great player. It actually shattered my confidence for a while afterwards, and whilst I detest self-pity at the best of times, it was quite a mortifying experience overall.

My own Pit amiibo is too much of a challenge for me to surpass for the most part. I managed to beat it after a lot of trial and error, but even so, I felt like I was only winning by exploiting its familiar tactics. I wonder if this is a regular occurrence and if this is intended to be my "trial by fire", so to speak, before I earn my wings and am able to join the heavenly host of experienced Pit players.

Anybody willing to offer any advice or condolences in that respect? Watching players like @ CHOMPY CHOMPY make me realise how utterly mediocre I am at the best of times, and while I have no intentions of achieving that level of competitive prowess, I would at least be grateful about feeling confident in the skills that I do actually possess with my main.

Incidentally, I got a second Pit amiibo for Christmas, which I'm giving to my wonderful and beautiful partner instead~
at first, when I was playing against my friend in brawl(my first smash), I was constantly getting destroyed by him (I loved smash, and Pit, I love angels and the like of characters) and he kept winning, a 10:1 ratio, that always blew my excitement and fun factor away.

I played with him, and with many others through the whole year, and Learned Smash well enough now that even if I'd lose, I'd make it a close match, and started to have fun the hard way XD

needed a year for that, and now I'm well confident, I still get shattered sometimes in for glory (today a sheik destoyed me) but I was just outplayed, doesn't mean I'm a bad player though, the reason could also be that I was tired (applies for all games).

the real fun though is the following, just 2 hours ago, I was with 5 of my friends, we played 6 player smash, put items on and high, played Pac-Land and such hazardous stages (loser's pick), at some point all of us 6 chose Wii Fit Trainer for laughs, We had a BLAST! (I find fun in both, casual and competitive plays)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

That's nothing special, but the fact that I was consistently thrashed by a Dark Pit player really hammered home the point that I am not a great player. It actually shattered my confidence for a while afterwards, and whilst I detest self-pity at the best of times, it was quite a mortifying experience overall.

Anybody willing to offer any advice or condolences in that respect? Watching players like @ CHOMPY CHOMPY makes me realise how utterly mediocre I am at the best of times, and while I have no intentions of achieving that level of competitive prowess, I would at least be grateful about feeling confident in the skills that I do actually possess with my main.

Don't think of losing to a DP in terms of tiers but instead matchups. Well, what I'm trying to say is that a marginally better DP player can beat out a Pit player even though the matchup is in favor of Pit. Mirror matches (what's essentially one, anyway) magnify skill gaps. And it doesn't help that Pit and his evil twin are characters that can end up poping out of his Fsmash...

Also, Amiibo have super amped stats at 50. Which sadly magnifies Pit's Fsmash problem against certain characters. *sigh*

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
How cool would it be if Pit really could dual wield like this amiibo <3

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Surely that was a better idea than tying the two blades
of one bow together and swinging them like nunchuks.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I was trying to main Pit when I first got the 3DS version of the game but stopped thanks to his lack of kill power. I havent really looked up anything about him since and I'm wondering if theres any new tech or ways to get kills earlier, I know up smash is one of the earliest ways from what I remember but its difficult for people to fall for that and its unreliable trying to hit grounded opponents with it.

In short: Whats the best way to get kills with Pit?

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I was trying to main Pit when I first got the 3DS version of the game but stopped thanks to his lack of kill power. I havent really looked up anything about him since and I'm wondering if theres any new tech or ways to get kills earlier, I know up smash is one of the earliest ways from what I remember but its difficult for people to fall for that and its unreliable trying to hit grounded opponents with it.

In short: Whats the best way to get kills with Pit?
His forward smash can punish rolls (fsmash range is insane...) so if you can predict rolls you can get some really easy kills.

You can also bait people into your upsmash by conditioning them to think you will go for an u air by empty hopping then fast fall instead when they air dodge then upsmash them when you land on the ground. Thing to note is Pit's upsmash whiffs mainly at the back on grounded people.

When people are using smash attacks they also die early, you can abuse upperdash's super armour for this.

Pit's dair is one of the safer meteor smashes in the game and you can go deep for the kill with pits great recovery.

You can also try gimping people with arrows.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Okie-doke, let's try and get a conversation going, shall we~?

So as of Uprising, Kid Icarus seems to have been well and truly revived and put back into the mainstays of Nintendo's wide and varied canon. Sakurai taking charge as the game's director no doubt helped, as his legendary flair and creativity breathed new life into the series and brought it to new heights in terms of gameplay, characters, story and aesthetics. With Smash 4 now representing a new stage in the popularity and relevance of the Kid Icarus series, things have never been brighter for our divine pals and their endearing universe.

Yet there remains the essential proviso of Sakurai's that, after Uprising, he has no intentions of making another Kid Icarus game. He is notorious for saying similar things in the past, though after the stress and intensity of Smash 4's development, he may well decide to take a hiatus from development for a while and allow others to take creative control over the Kid Icarus IP.

What I'm curious about is, do we think Kid Icarus has a future? If so, will it be another game under Sakurai's keen eye, or will a new director step up and take charge? Will Kid Icarus become to Sakurai what Mario is to Miyamoto and Zelda is to Aonuma, or will it become a more universal project that different directors and dev teams alike will share production on, resulting in more frequent games and more diverse products?

What do we think? Will Pit and friends remain flying high or will the series ultimately crash and burn?
I'm always hesitant to credit the creativity and value of an entire game to one guy, but given Sakurai's track record I would feel more comfortable if he was in charge of a sequel. He has said he doesn't intend to make another Kid Icarus game, but this could be seen the same way he said he didn't intend to put the Villager into Smash (I.E Sakurai being Sakurai). Regardless, I hope the franchise has some sort of future because a sequel could have so much potential! They barely scratched the surface of the game's universe, and the Palutena's Guidance conversation with Dark Pit even seems to hint at plot-points that occurred after the ending to Uprising (Dark Pit now 'working' for Viridi).

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
<.> back at you @ CHOMPY CHOMPY I still need to show you my potential XD .How comes it says lancer is banned <.>?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So other people here have Pit amiibos? Darn, I've been lookin for one for awhile now and can find practically none in my area, haven't even found a single one (I haven't seen Captain Falcon either, come to think of it), I envy you guys... Gotta find one before next month, wanna enter one in an upcoming Amiibo tournament. Just wondering, was he that hard for you guys to find like he is for me?

Also, new Pt player here, y!

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Anyone still stuck with the 3DS version (like me) wanna have a Pit ditto :p
(Pls don't tell me I'm the only one xD)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My skills seem to fluctuate wildly with Pit. This requires further study.

I'm up for dittos if anybody wants to go. Playing competent players will help me figure out where and how I can improve.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Why does pit have to pull back arrows to shoot? There isnt even a string attaching the bows let alone launch arrows......

A better idea imo would be to make the bows like those of the Kid Icarus: Uprising game.
Pit could shoot rapid fire arrows (with automatic homing) and a cooldown period (something like Fox's laser). The arrows could also be left to charge for a single powerful shot (like Rob's laser). This would make it so much more like the game Sakurai made.

Actually this could have been a very interesting custom for Pits arrows. Just an idea.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Never been to Apex before. I figure I'd give it a shot going there for the experience!

Last edited:

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
I'm up for Pit/DP dittos with 3DS or Wii U. I'm not really good, but I know the best way to learn is playing opponents better than myself. I haven't played against anyone here but I've already been here for a couple weeks(month?).

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm up for Pit/DP dittos with 3DS or Wii U. I'm not really good, but I know the best way to learn is playing opponents better than myself. I haven't played against anyone here but I've already been here for a couple weeks(month?).
I'll play you.

^w^

Top Bottom