• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So has everyone seen the new evolutions for the starter types in pokemon sun and moon?

:135:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So has everyone seen the new evolutions for the starter types in pokemon sun and moon?

Still on Team Rowlet so I can get my Sniper owl :secretkpop:

But Team Poppilo is def VERY close behind because seals are my favourite animal and I <3 the designs for the evolution

And lol Team Litten

Final-Fortress

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8477-3634
And where is Final-Fortress Final-Fortress rn lol
I am the night.

Actually that is a good question. Though what if she never existed at all? What if she was actually, a SPY!

I am an enigma.

Final fortress is a final boss, remember?
The Final Showdown is upon us. Welcome to the Core. Welcome to the 4th level.

(But in all seriousness School restarted and really dragged me down, along with me being dragged back into MMO hell again, just this time a different MMO, heh. Seriously, the best way to contact me as of now is on Discord or Tumblr. Could make a server if anybody so wished.)

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Can the lhs marching band have some fellow angel support? Regionals is Saturday in West Lafayette and not only do we need some serious improvement for this upcoming weekend, but the judges at that specific place flat out don't like us given how we never get past that point when regionals is hosted there (unlike in Chesterton where they have fairness for everyone). Also, I could use at least 1% more since my crush will be there too. I just saw her yesterday at an invatational and for some reason I didn't have the capability to speak to her; I got too flustered around her until she left. Pray for me (and lhs)!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Can the lhs marching band have some fellow angel support? Regionals is Saturday in West Lafayette and not only do we need some serious improvement for this upcoming weekend, but the judges at that specific place flat out don't like us given how we never get past that point when regionals is hosted there (unlike in Chesterton where they have fairness for everyone). Also, I could use at least 1% more since my crush will be there too. I just saw her yesterday at an invatational and for some reason I didn't have the capability to speak to her; I got too flustered around her until she left. Pray for me (and lhs)!
Hey, good luck man! :happysheep: I'm sure if you practice enough, the judges will like you. I can't really give any music advice because I don't know too much sorry ;;

And hey good luck with your crush too! I can be really hard to talk to your crushes sometime, right? >< Gosh, I was in a situation kinda similar to you. I was planning to tell him, but I ended up cheesing it out ugggggh. And we're good friends so I didn't expect it to be this hard ;;

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Crush Problems? Yes solution

Wear a fedora. Ladies love the fedora.

But in all seriousness, good luck too you mate :)

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Does Pit get anything out of perfect pivot Utilt?

@ReRaze @LancerStaff CHOMPY CHOMPY
No need for them boiz; I can help you out, sweetheart :p

Pit really doesn't get anything out of it per say, but it should still be used as an alternative for up smash as up smash isn't always the safest option (in fact, in a way up tilt is kinda like a notably weaker version of up smash). Up tilt is an underused move and I never understood why; it's a quick get off me option (having enough knockback to call it so), and it has a good hitbox both above and below it, so it can be used oos. People tend to say it's pit's worst move, but at least it doesn't randomly miss when it should hit you (lookin at you down tilt).

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Pit is not like Fox where he can perfect pivot everywhere. Pits up tilt only hits the player in front of him. Even if it hits the character, there's a ton of endlag (compared to others like Cloud and Fox with quicker endlag) that your opponent can escape from any aerial followup unfortunately.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Does Pit get anything out of perfect pivot Utilt?

@ReRaze @LancerStaff CHOMPY CHOMPY
Like the others said, it's not really a combo move.

however that's not to say it isn't a good move. It's one of those good moves to try and get your opponent off you. It comes out fast and has a looooot of range.

I use it very often. Espically over Usmash since Usmash Hitbox is just plain wonky

People tend to say it's pit's worst move, but at least it doesn't randomly miss when it should hit you (lookin at you down tilt).
Also the number of hits where I've hit when using dtilt when i normally wouldn't

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
well, was gonna reply to Tito Maas Tito Maas but it seems my angel peeps beat me to it lol

In combo potential there's nothing noted yet unless someone labs really into it, but usually this moves isn't used too much so people don't even bother
But yeah we also gotta take into consideration how good Pit's perfect pivot is in the first place. Tbh I find it pretty average. Not horrible, but not Little Mac

Chompy and Sensane pretty much hit the nail on the head on what I was gonna say lol

But I don't even have my c stick set to tilts so what can I do lololol :^)))

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Plus, it is honestly one of the coolest looking Utilt in the game. only being competed by that of Roy's

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Am I still the only one who's bothered that Pit and Dark Pit run with their forward leg first?

Yeah?

ok

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
lol well I was asking about tilts because I was watching an Izaw video and apparently the only tilt that Pit can use and still have sliding momentum is Utilt. It didn't seem like the tech had much utility, but I just wanted to get an opinion from some people who may have used it more than me.

Thanks guys!

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Also, I hosted my first tournament a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally, I also had my best ever placing at that tournament, coming in 5th and beating my ultimate rival in the process. When our streamers finally publish the videos (they're admittedly a bit slow about it), I'll upload for critique.

We're also hosting our follow-up tournament soon and will be going public for pre-registration tomorrow. I figure none of you all are in South Carolina, but if you're in the area on November 12th, here we are:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
what does thou mean?

You know how people (at least me) when they walk/run the take off with their foot behind them? Pit and Dark Pit walk with their front foot first. They're practically taking an unnecessary step

But that's just me

Also, I hosted my first tournament a couple of weeks ago. Coincidentally, I also had my best ever placing at that tournament, coming in 5th and beating my ultimate rival in the process. When our streamers finally publish the videos (they're admittedly a bit slow about it), I'll upload for critique.

We're also hosting our follow-up tournament soon and will be going public for pre-registration tomorrow. I figure none of you all are in South Carolina, but if you're in the area on November 12th, here we are:

Ayyy congrats! :happysheep:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know how people (at least me) when they walk/run the take off with their foot behind them? Pit and Dark Pit walk with their front foot first. They're practically taking an unnecessary step
Um, if you mean that Pit and Dark Pit take off with their right foot (the foot that is furthest forward) then that seems completely normal

That's how I run. Well I mean i normal have my left foot forward first when running, but it's the same thing

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Um, if you mean that Pit and Dark Pit take off with their right foot (the foot that is furthest forward) then that seems completely normal

That's how I run. Well I mean i normal have my left foot forward first when running, but it's the same thing

Actually I think I got it

It may be because usually Pit has his right leg in front, but when he walks or runs, he doesn't switch to his left leg on the first step. His left leg and his right leg kind of overlap from what I can tell from videos (can't access smash atm) but it doesn't go in front. So, is Pit taking a half step? I've been walking in my room confused for the past 5 minutes so it's definitely changing the meta

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Actually I think I got it

It may be because usually Pit has his right leg in front, but when he walks or runs, he doesn't switch to his left leg on the first step. His left leg and his right leg kind of overlap from what I can tell from videos (can't access smash atm) but it doesn't go in front. So, is Pit taking a half step? I've been walking in my room confused for the past 5 minutes so it's definitely changing the meta
I think at least with his walking, he doesn't switch to his left because his walk is actual a skip. He skips along the stage, there for he doesn't need to switch legs. As for his run, idk, i'd need to see a video on it to see about it

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Hey guys. Here's the video I was talking about the other day.

The first match is against my rival, and I kinda dominated him in the match, but the second match I didn't play well and got dominated.

@ReRaze @LancerStaff CHOMPY CHOMPY could you guys carefully review these matches and let me know in detail what I'm doing wrong and where I need to improve? Especially the first video. I feel like my Pit plays differently from other Pits; much more haphazard in movement and execution. Would really appreciate if you guys could give some detailed insight on where I need to improve.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Why so much up throw? Your goal is to get ness offstage. Up throw isn't even that good of a move anyway. It's damage is alright, but it doesn't kill until like 200 and won't follow into anything.

Also, don't go into shield too much, especially against someone like ness where he can just grab you.

But your main problem is how you're too safe at times. Whenever you whiff an attack, you either sidestep, roll, or shield. Don't be afraid to attack again or just simply run away. Not walk, RUN. Ness will catch catch you with a fair combined with his amazing air speed and range on fair. Granted you could foxtrot away and then dash trot towards him, but I wouldn't exactly challenge it often since it an autocancel and he can just either bait something you do and grab you or something.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey guys. Here's the video I was talking about the other day.

The first match is against my rival, and I kinda dominated him in the match, but the second match I didn't play well and got dominated.

@ReRaze @LancerStaff CHOMPY CHOMPY could you guys carefully review these matches and let me know in detail what I'm doing wrong and where I need to improve? Especially the first video. I feel like my Pit plays differently from other Pits; much more haphazard in movement and execution. Would really appreciate if you guys could give some detailed insight on where I need to improve.
Ok late reply but I gotchu even though I'm not tagged but whaaaatevs~

- I think you could've gone for more down throws than up throws at later percents, maybe try to get an air dodge read. Specifically at 1:00 and 6:50 where you could've done dthrow > uair in the first vid. Uthrow is really just used for extra damage, nothing too special
- I'd def recommend doing down throw > dair > nair than dthrow > usmash. You could potentially get more damage and I personally find trying to get the dair more easier than the usmash.
- Against Ness you can also try to gimp him using the GO at 8:00, but that's just a little note, I'm sure you know that already
- <3 those pivot grabs~
- At the second match I asked an Ike main on how did the Ike main do and how can the Pit main counter it. He said that you were playing it a little too safe and you sorta just let Ike win neutral. I think you should try some ftilts and stuff to space things out. Ike really struggles against fast stuff.
- He also said the Ike wasn't really doing the most optimal stuff (Ike really doesn't have a reason to use fthrow)
- You should also try to get on Ike and grab him. Just pressure him and such. Don't go for the uthrow that much, you should o dthrow
- Also I felt like you were panicking a bit in the last stock of the first match in the last vid. That's you got killed. Don't underestimate Ike's kill power, especially with utilt and dash attack. Usmash and also hit below the ledge and cover all options. Don't panic~ ;3
- Nice use of GO against Ike's recovery
- Ike's don't like Lylat, mainly because it can jank the recovery (that's what my brother thinks at least lol)
- It seems that you have a habit of run > shield. Maybe try to be more aggressive by putting out and spacing ftilts, bairs, dtilts. and fairs
- 8:49 in the last vid it's probably a better option to do uthrow for damage, or try and get a read with dthrow (but I really don't reccomend that). That way you won't stale it
- 9:05 Ike landed with a dair and got a ton of lag. you shouldn't be afraid to punish it with side b to get the kill instead of a grab

You should also show this to the Discord peeps if you haven't yet. There's a ton of people over there and they're willing to help you. Xacer checks that much more frequently than here

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just had a really weird thought

What would happen if Luke Cage got punched by Saitama?

Like would Luke not flinch or would Saitama kill Luke Cage?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Guys, I've played some other matches now that I've grown as a player and updated my pit mu chart. Here it is:
Capture.PNG

DEDEDISCUSS AWAY!!!

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Why so much up throw? Your goal is to get ness offstage. Up throw isn't even that good of a move anyway. It's damage is alright, but it doesn't kill until like 200 and won't follow into anything.

Also, don't go into shield too much, especially against someone like ness where he can just grab you.

But your main problem is how you're too safe at times. Whenever you whiff an attack, you either sidestep, roll, or shield. Don't be afraid to attack again or just simply run away. Not walk, RUN. Ness will catch catch you with a fair combined with his amazing air speed and range on fair. Granted you could foxtrot away and then dash trot towards him, but I wouldn't exactly challenge it often since it an autocancel and he can just either bait something you do and grab you or something.
Ok late reply but I gotchu even though I'm not tagged but whaaaatevs~

- I think you could've gone for more down throws than up throws at later percents, maybe try to get an air dodge read. Specifically at 1:00 and 6:50 where you could've done dthrow > uair in the first vid. Uthrow is really just used for extra damage, nothing too special
- I'd def recommend doing down throw > dair > nair than dthrow > usmash. You could potentially get more damage and I personally find trying to get the dair more easier than the usmash.
- Against Ness you can also try to gimp him using the GO at 8:00, but that's just a little note, I'm sure you know that already
- <3 those pivot grabs~
- At the second match I asked an Ike main on how did the Ike main do and how can the Pit main counter it. He said that you were playing it a little too safe and you sorta just let Ike win neutral. I think you should try some ftilts and stuff to space things out. Ike really struggles against fast stuff.
- He also said the Ike wasn't really doing the most optimal stuff (Ike really doesn't have a reason to use fthrow)
- You should also try to get on Ike and grab him. Just pressure him and such. Don't go for the uthrow that much, you should o dthrow
- Also I felt like you were panicking a bit in the last stock of the first match in the last vid. That's you got killed. Don't underestimate Ike's kill power, especially with utilt and dash attack. Usmash and also hit below the ledge and cover all options. Don't panic~ ;3
- Nice use of GO against Ike's recovery
- Ike's don't like Lylat, mainly because it can jank the recovery (that's what my brother thinks at least lol)
- It seems that you have a habit of run > shield. Maybe try to be more aggressive by putting out and spacing ftilts, bairs, dtilts. and fairs
- 8:49 in the last vid it's probably a better option to do uthrow for damage, or try and get a read with dthrow (but I really don't reccomend that). That way you won't stale it
- 9:05 Ike landed with a dair and got a ton of lag. you shouldn't be afraid to punish it with side b to get the kill instead of a grab

You should also show this to the Discord peeps if you haven't yet. There's a ton of people over there and they're willing to help you. Xacer checks that much more frequently than here
I appreciate you guys a lot for the detailed responses. I actually reviewed my matches within the last two weeks or so and decided that I play too defensively, so it's good that you guys agree so I can definitely start working on that. Do you guys have any training tips? I have to condition myself not to be so ready to avoid attacks. I just went to a tournament on Saturday and saw how my constant auto-dodging (rolls and spot dodging) keeps getting me bodied. It's a pretty bad habit.

I've downloaded discord but I haven't tinkered with it much yet. I think I'll take these videos there as well, then.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I appreciate you guys a lot for the detailed responses. I actually reviewed my matches within the last two weeks or so and decided that I play too defensively, so it's good that you guys agree so I can definitely start working on that. Do you guys have any training tips? I have to condition myself not to be so ready to avoid attacks. I just went to a tournament on Saturday and saw how my constant auto-dodging (rolls and spot dodging) keeps getting me bodied. It's a pretty bad habit.

I've downloaded discord but I haven't tinkered with it much yet. I think I'll take these videos there as well, then.
I think you can work on your spacing. You should first start off slow, or else you'll get overwhelmed. Change takes time. So try adding more bairs and ftilts into your gameplay. Everytime you get into a match you're going to say to yourself a goal. Something like:
"Ok, this match I'll get at least 10 tipper bairs and ftilts and incorporate them into the match" Do this every match.

Try to use more tilts. A good offence can be a good defence~ ;3

If there's anything I forgot, I'll let you know

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Before it goes irrelevant, I just want to say that that mu chart I made was a joke chart to fire shots at lancer (who I swear is a robot :p) and other people that think like this to show what I think a matchup chart would look like following an adamant mindset that says "because one or two people seem to do well in this matchup, my charcter mist win the matchup" and ignore all other factors like "maybe the opponent doesn't know the matchup" or "maybe that player is just really good/bette than the other player." It should be evident that I don't actually think that pit beats everyone.

And in case you're wondering what my actual new matchup chart is, I have it, but I won't post it. I'm not a top player yet, nor would my opinions matter that much. I just make them for fun, but the discussions (at leat around here) are definitely NOT fun. So until I reach high level status, my matchup opinions will remain sealed outside of matchip threads, but even the , NO CHARTS!!!

Speaking of which, CHOMPY CHOMPY can we start doing those mathup threads again?

Last edited:
Top Bottom