• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Funny thing is we have this really random obnoxious Pit player that constantly shows off "Flashy" For-Glory footage in the Smash 4 IL Facebook Group page. Thing is he claims he's the best Pit. However, when he entered at a local, he wound up going went 1-2. Losing to two players that were not top 50 xD

Really get a big kick of players that think they are good, but get their butt whooped...
lol you talking about Marcus Beal? Yeah, I see him a lot too with that Project Angel Tier thing in another Facebook group I'm in. He probably has some talent but when you don't ever participate in tournaments, it's easy to be written off.

I can't tell if I should be looking at what he's doing or not

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
If that's who he is then I better give that Beal kid a what for. Seriosuly though, I'm pretty much guaranteed to expose him sometime next year because I just got accepted to North Park University in Chicago. Now is a relevant time to say:
MAY THE WIND GUIDE OUR BLADES!!!!!
image.png

Get it? Because Chicago is the Windy City?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Ya know what I hate the most rn? When you wake up to get ready for school only for them to call a two hour delay ten minutes before you leave, but you can't get back to sleep. Then they call a three hour delay. Why don't you just cancel school today while you're at it?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ya know what I hate the most rn? When you wake up to get ready for school only for them to call a two hour delay ten minutes before you leave, but you can't get back to sleep. Then they call a three hour delay. Why don't you just cancel school today while you're at it?
Lmao why was there such a delay?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
no really how've you been?
How've you been doing?
Very, very busy. Finishing my Master's thesis took up most of my time - I graduated recently with first-class honours, so I guess putting the extra effort in paid off. I also recently finished a TEFL course, so I'm qualified to teach English as a foreign language. I'm probably gonna head off to mainland Europe for a bit and try get a job teaching, since I want to go on to do a PhD and I need the money.

EDIT: I guess I should talk about Smash.

I've pretty much given on on competitive Smash, at least for the foreseeable future. I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to, and between finishing college, trying to get a job and playing other games, I haven't had much time or reason to go back to it that often. I still play with friends and I go to local events, but I'm not that interested in entering brackets or getting better at the game. It's just a hobby for me, nothing more, and I'm happy with that.

I still play Pit, though. I will never drop Pit.

And that's where I've been at these past few months~ :3

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Very, very busy. Finishing my Master's thesis took up most of my time - I graduated recently with first-class honours, so I guess putting the extra effort in paid off. I also recently finished a TEFL course, so I'm qualified to teach English as a foreign language. I'm probably gonna head off to mainland Europe for a bit and try get a job teaching, since I want to go on to do a PhD and I need the money.

EDIT: I guess I should talk about *Smash*.

I've pretty much given on on competitive *Smash*, at least for the foreseeable future. I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to, and between finishing college, trying to get a job and playing other games, I haven't had much time or reason to go back to it that often. I still play with friends and I go to local events, but I'm not that interested in entering brackets or getting better at the game. It's just a hobby for me, nothing more, and I'm happy with that.

I still play Pit, though. I will never drop Pit.

And that's where I've been at these past few months~ :3
Oh wow congrats, that's amazing! Seriously wishing you the best of luck~

And for competitive smash, you're being really smart about managing your time, especially with all the things you got right now.

But at least you didn't drop the Blew Pit ;3

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Congrajumalations Wintropy Wintropy on your honors. Wish I could be as smart as you, but I can't :,(

I'm just stuck with a basic core 40. I blame my subpar teachers and inferior mind (especially my sophomore year (f*** that year)).

In other news, I'm finally going to my first post-hiatus tournament on Saturday for both melee and sm4sh.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Congrajumalations Wintropy Wintropy on your honors. Wish I could be as smart as you, but I can't :,(

I'm just stuck with a basic core 40. I blame my subpar teachers and inferior mind (especially my sophomore year (f*** that year)).

In other news, I'm finally going to my first post-hiatus tournament on Saturday for both melee and sm4sh.
Lol we all have this inner smartness that will be unleashed sometime ;3

And good luck~

Emmington

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone; I'm a Dark Pit main who's finally decided to stop lurking and to actually post something here. My main reason for never posting is because I'm at a much lower skill level than everyone else, so it look a long time to sort of understand what everyone was talking about xD
But I finally decided to say something, so here I am.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Hello everyone; I'm a Dark Pit main who's finally decided to stop lurking and to actually post something here. My main reason for never posting is because I'm at a much lower skill level than everyone else, so it look a long time to sort of understand what everyone was talking about xD
image.png

....and please excuse any robots lurking around here; they're amazing at giving tips.....but if you discover something opposing their advice then they get defensive and deny it, even if you're correct.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hello~ :happysheep:

I'm Koiba, a girl who really likes mashed potatoes and shipping :3
And lolol don't worry if your skill level us "too low", we're all improving :D

Emmington

Smash Cadet
Hello~ :happysheep:

I'm Koiba, a girl who really likes mashed potatoes and shipping :3
And lolol don't worry if your skill level us "too low", we're all improving :D
Mashed potatoes and shipping? You have good taste. Name your OTP(s) 3 2 1 go
Haha, yeah. Though, I'm sort of going through a rut with my Emo Pit where I'm doing a lot worse than normal because I'm trying to get better at the attacks I'm bad at landing/performing, so it's hard to see my improvement currently xD I have so many bad habits from the days when the only attack I used was side-b... so many...
*looks off into the distance*

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Contrary to my boards name, I am NecromanceRr, Sanic and Peet dual main with secondary Metal Nite and possibly a Piket (pocket pikachu). In melee I play The Doctor and along with him I play a Tyrantrum. I'd play sonic in melee, but he's so bad you can't even play as him in that game.

Emmington

Smash Cadet
Contrary to my boards name, I am NecromanceRr, Sanic and Peet dual main with secondary Metal Nite and possibly a Piket (pocket pikachu). In melee I play The Doctor and along with him I play a Tyrantrum. I'd play sonic in melee, but he's so bad you can't even play as him in that game.
Sanic was my favorite in melee. Of course, you can't play as him, so I just go with Ron.

chocolatte

Smash Rookie
NNID
chocolattez
Welcome I'm pretty new myself, like you I was also a lurker kappa. First time for everything. Nice set of characters in your sig. I almost exclusively use teh pit boiz and secondary blue haired sword guy lol
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) which one though?

Any one else hate when you're off the clock but the person who comes after you doesn't show up on time? :T

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Mashed potatoes and shipping? You have good taste. Name your OTP(s) 3 2 1 go
Haha, yeah. Though, I'm sort of going through a rut with my Emo Pit where I'm doing a lot worse than normal because I'm trying to get better at the attacks I'm bad at landing/performing, so it's hard to see my improvement currently xD I have so many bad habits from the days when the only attack I used was side-b... so many...
*looks off into the distance*
Ooooh my otps? Well, I'm on my phone so I can't show you my obsessions right now lolol

But I will show you sometime haha
If that's who he is then I better give that Beal kid a what for. Seriosuly though, I'm pretty much guaranteed to expose him sometime next year because I just got accepted to North Park University in Chicago. Now is a relevant time to say:
MAY THE WIND GUIDE OUR BLADES!!!!!
View attachment 120981
Get it? Because Chicago is the Windy City?
Why didn't I see this before

But ayyyyyy congrats~! :happysheep:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Runs in dramatically

G'day everyone. Been a while since i visited this thread.

How's been everyone?

Hi there

I'm The Merc. Once known as Unknown Hero

And that is all you will ever known :emptysheep:

It's been over a month, but...

:3
Wintropy?

Is truly you friend?

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Getting off a hiatus sucks; I got so bodied at my tournament today. Ah well, at least most of them were last hit situations instead of the player being better than me.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Name your OTP(s) 3 2 1 go
Ok now I can safely do it without double posting and I got access to my laptop~

CY_XIS0UsAIGm8n.png

^^^ Inigo and Severa look good with Gerome and Kjelle/Lucina too, just feel like that's too many pictures lol

Those are the ones I can think of atm that I really like. I have a bunch of others, but I feel like I'll crash this social haha

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Guys, which Pokemon game should i get?

Sun or Moon?

Iirc the only major differences are the Pokemon and the 12 hour difference ingame. The Pokemon problem can easily be solved with trading with a friend.

So you do you~ Would your rather have the sun mascot or the moon mascot?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Iirc the only major differences are the Pokemon and the 12 hour difference ingame. The Pokemon problem can easily be solved with trading with a friend.

So you do you~ Would your rather have the sun mascot or the moon mascot?
I choose the moon

Also, i heard that Moon only has green and purple clothing, which are my favourite colours

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Yall wanna hear some sm4sh bs? At my tournament last weekend, I was playing a tink player and I got him offstage and then hit him with two dair spikes in a row......BUT THEN TINKER BELL HAD TO HAVE RECOVERED BACK!!!!! Who said that sm4sh was better than brawl again? I'd take tripping over that lodacrap.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I've been playing around with the footstool combos and I'm thinking that full hop dair could replace the footstool dair if you can't get footstools consistently. It works on more characters and the same percents still apply. The only main issues aside from accidentally getting the sweetspot sometimes (which even then at certain percents the opponent will go into his tripping animation and at higher percents set up for an up smash kill if you react fast enough) is that the footstool after the dair you'd probably have to fast fall frame perfectly and wait on the dair afterwards, so the window is not as big as footstool dair.
What percent was he, did he have his double jump and how did he recover?

He did not have his double jump after this and he was at like 90. Even my opponent thought that it should've killed. I work hard to get those spikes and the game barely gives them to me when I need them most.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He did not have his double jump after this and he was at like 90. Even my opponent thought that it should've killed. I work hard to get those spikes and the game barely gives them to me when I need them most.
Yeah well I guess to be fair (like you said) Pit's spike just sucks. Honestly, for how hard it can be to hit, it's just not worth it on some characters

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
MARVEL VS CAPCOM INFINITE WITH MEGAMAN X LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!
Kind of wish they used Classic Mega Man but this is still awesome

Also love how they are using the Infinity stones as a feature. Wonder how they work

Though if they are using them, they better give us Deadpool and his Continuity Stone

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Do you believe in Christmas miracles? Well, here's one for you: Raymanhill on Smash Amino actually featured a post that I made........months ago. Yet he decided to feature that post even though it was like 3 months old. But the real miracle is that GimR noticed me!
Yeah, I always thought that Fox only owned the movie rights, not gaming

Actually they're still Fox's property, but he's sayin that Marvel doesn't mind using their representation in games, but unfortunately I feel that Doom and Wolverine will be the only Fox owned characters playable atm. Fine by me, I just want Green Goblin playable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom