• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
So since 2016 has been a subpar year (at least for me anyway) how about instead of constantly thinking about how bad this year was, I have an idea for a game we can play: in a post on this social thread, make a list of pros and cons that you've had for this year (nothing too personal, though) and if need be make a list of things that you're looking forward to in 2017. I'll go first:

+ TONS of awesome Smash tournaments such as CEO 2016, GOML 2016, Smash Con, Pound VI, and the Midwest Circuit.
- EVO 2016 shenanigans (at least for Smash 4).
- Cinema was pretty lousy, featuring some of the worst films ever (Norm of the North, Batman V Superman, etc.) and the exceptions barely went higher than "good" (except for Zootopia).
+ Got to go to my first tournament and finally got introduced to some of the top players in Indiana.
- Presidential shenanigans. Nuff said.....
+ Checked out a church that my friends from school go to.
+ Went to a CDYC event for said church.
+ I got to be pit section leader for this season.
- .....but I had to put up with this one noobie that randomly felt like containing a bottom tier attitude.
- There was also this one freshman in the sousaphone section who always acts like SUCH a big baby. But despite him being in a completely different section, I had to put up with his crap more than anyone.
+ Despite this, I don't think I've ever been closer to any of my senior/band friends than this year.
+For ONCE I'm having a half decent year in high school.
- I........got stuck with........the worst........in school internship..........EVAR!
+ My out of school internship, however, is actually really fun, and I get to go back next semester)
+ Got a better understanding of who I am (for one thing I learned that I'm ambidextrous).
+ I finally learned how to stop being an overly emotional little b**** around here :/
- I blacked out at school once and I STILL can never hear the end of it.
- There weren't a whole lot of particularly great games released this year (or at least I didn't play any games beyond the point of "good").
+ Hung out in DIDNEY WORLD! (Band trip).
- But it was cut short because some people randomly felt like complaining because they apparently were not having a good time there (which I don't even know how that's possible).

Now for what I'm looking forward to in 2017:

• Graduating high school and moving on to college.
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic 2017
  • Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
  • Final Fantasy Dissidia PS4
  • Tales of Berseria
  • Ability to go to more Smash tournaments.
  • Ability to go to Marvel tournaments.
Who wants to go next?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
+: Great year of school. Honestly, I'd say 2015-2016 was one of my favourites
-: Even though it was a bit of a rocky start, due to moving schools in a new city. I went to the same school for 8 years, so saying bye was really hard
+: But since I moved, I learned a lot of life lessons and all that
+: Like, ALOT
-: I'm doing a bit worse in school than I hope
+: Started taking more care of my body by watching what I eat
+: I got into an art high school
-: What's going down in the USA
+: Tried out some more hobbies like singing and piano
+: Went to a couple sm4sh tournaments
-: But I have to get good again because I didn't practice in forever lol
-: Got better at drawing things
+: I learned more about myself and how I can be a better person
+: Made some good friends
-: Literally what Wii U games came out
+: I got into Fates and now I'm trash
-: I'm actually poor af (Not my family, just me haha)

So yeah :happysheep:

2017 goals:
- Git gud at sm4sh
- Try out some more hobbies
- Boost grades
- Just don't mess up on life

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
2016 Good and Bad

+DEADPOOL, CIVIL WAR, DOCTOR STRANGE AND FANTASTIC BEAST
+ Fire Emblem Fates
- School year in general
- Not really too many games came out that i wanted
+Got a PS3 finally and Played Sonic Generations

There is probably more but most were neither good nor bad

What I am excited for in 2017

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Literally that is all in need for 2017 to be the best year

Oh and Spiderman Homecoming :)

:135:

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Well I got 5th/58 players at Wreck the Halls 2.

I beat Parrapa (Bowser Jr.) player and people got super hyped when I eliminated him.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Did you guys know it was Kid Icarus' 30th Anniversary on the 19th of December?
Anyways I made a thing to celebrate it and figured I might as well share it with you guys, hope you like it~
My Wii U is still confiscated but luckily I managed to swipe back my DS for the holidays, potato quality tho ;-;

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Anyways I made a thing to celebrate it and figured I might as well share it with you guys, hope you like it~
My Wii U is still confiscated but luckily I managed to swipe back my DS for the holidays, potato quality tho ;-;
k are you like god or something because I'm pretty sure you're montage watered my crops, cleared my skin and expanded my lifespan by 5 years

Also they're matches with other people, not FG right? Because that' a lot of Midgar stages ;3
and lol that ending

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
k are you like god or something because I'm pretty sure you're montage watered my crops, cleared my skin and expanded my lifespan by 5 years

Also they're matches with other people, not FG right? Because that' a lot of Midgar stages ;3
and lol that ending
lmaooo thanks~
haha yeah I normally pick midgar on DS cuz its blast zones are most similiar to Wii U so its easier to kill. There were some FG clips tho.

On another note, here's a really interesting documentary about the series someone made in celebration of the anniversary too.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
lmaooo thanks~
haha yeah I normally pick midgar on DS cuz its blast zones are most similiar to Wii U so its easier to kill. There were some FG clips tho.

On another note, here's a really interesting documentary about the series someone made in celebration of the anniversary too.

You're welcome~ I just pick Omega Midgar because it's pretty haha

Will def watch the video later, but I have to go to bed now because school -_- (But ayyyy just 2 more days till winter break)

And some cute pictures

People are totally going to get the wrong idea from this haha

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Really huh that's pretty freaking awesome. I mean i would have know if Nintendo actually celebrated it's anniversaries properly instead of just Zelda. I mean i love the legend of zelda but come on Nintendo, give some love to Metroid and Kid Icarus too

Also after watching that video, there is people like you that can pull off that crazy **** and then there is me who struggles to do even a short hop Dair

You're welcome~ I just pick Omega Midgar because it's pretty haha

Will def watch the video later, but I have to go to bed now because school -_- (But ayyyy just 2 more days till winter break)

And some cute pictures

People are totally going to get the wrong idea from this haha
I really hope Yellow isn't shipping Dark Pit and Pitoo in that last picture. What's the whole context with it?

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I really hope Yellow isn't shipping Dark Pit and Pitoo in that last picture. What's the whole context with it?
Naw, he doesn't ship it. He doesn't ship Pit with anyone, it's just the fact that they blush when they get grabbed haha

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Naw, he doesn't ship it. He doesn't ship Pit with anyone, it's just the fact that they blush when they get grabbed haha
Ah that's really clever. I remember that from Bayo's trailer when she grabbed Pit. Though Tbh i really don't like Pit x Dark Pit ship. Just doesn't work imo (not because anit-gay or anything. They are just to much like brothers imo. Also they are the same person)

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ah that's really clever. I remember that from Bayo's trailer when she grabbed Pit. Though Tbh i really don't like Pit x Dark Pit ship. Just doesn't work imo (not because anit-gay or anything. They are just to much like brothers imo. Also they are the same person)

Haha that's part of the reason why I'm like ://// to the Pitcest ship because aren't they the same person lolol

And playing through Moon rn and messing with the GTS. I <3 Type: Null and Silvally so I'm trying to see if I can cheese off a trade for it. So here's me reloading the page over and over, and once there is a good trade, I do it and it said someone already did it, even though I just reloaded the page :L.
And trying to get a Korean Type: Null but these people keep naming them Silvally in Korean and it just bothers me lol

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Haha that's part of the reason why I'm like ://// to the Pitcest ship because aren't they the same person lolol

And playing through Moon rn and messing with the GTS. I <3 Type: Null and Silvally so I'm trying to see if I can cheese off a trade for it. So here's me reloading the page over and over, and once there is a good trade, I do it and it said someone already did it, even though I just reloaded the page :L.
And trying to get a Korean Type: Null but these people keep naming them Silvally in Korean and it just bothers me lol
Yeah. Also why I'm not super into M!Robin x F!Robin or anything like that. I mean you could say they aren't really the same person but in the end, they are.

Well that sounds like a sturggle, though i really don't like the look of Type: Null, Silvally isn't too bad though. I'm just sort of mad i can't get Aloha Vuplix. I thought Sandshrew would. Mean while, I'm still trying to get over the fact that I lost to the Flying type Elite Four. I mean to be fair, my team was about 8 levels behind. Still sucks a lot

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah. Also why I'm not super into M!Robin x F!Robin or anything like that. I mean you could say they aren't really the same person but in the end, they are.

Well that sounds like a sturggle, though i really don't like the look of Type: Null, Silvally isn't too bad though. I'm just sort of mad i can't get Aloha Vuplix. I thought Sandshrew would. Mean while, I'm still trying to get over the fact that I lost to the Flying type Elite Four. I mean to be fair, my team was about 8 levels behind. Still sucks a lot

Lolol yeah. Technically they can't even exist together unless you got some twin headcanon for them.

Bewear and Type : Null/Silvally are my favourites from gen 7 I love them ahhhh~ There's quite a few Vulpix online, specifically in Wonder Trade because a bunch of people are breeding for a competitive Ninetails, but iirc you don't have online access :/

Bruh elite 4 + Champion was such a struggle I was at the least 5 levels lower lolol

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Lolol yeah. Technically they can't even exist together unless you got some twin headcanon for them.

Bewear and Type : Null/Silvally are my favourites from gen 7 I love them ahhhh~ There's quite a few Vulpix online, specifically in Wonder Trade because a bunch of people are breeding for a competitive Ninetails, but iirc you don't have online access :/

Bruh elite 4 + Champion was such a struggle I was at the least 5 levels lower lolol
Yeah or like reality alternative crossing of universes/timelines

I actually didn't start using Bewear until late into the game mostly cause I had Primape as my fighting type. Then i started using Bewear and man is it goooood. Seriously it just absorbs damage like a sponge. Yeah no online access sadly. But that's good to hear there are Vulpix available. Idk why but i really feel like i should have an ice type for my last spot on my team, porbably because idk who really to put in it

Seriously? Well that's perfect. Now i'm so looking forward to all this grinding i have to do :(

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah or like reality alternative crossing of universes/timelines

I actually didn't start using Bewear until late into the game mostly cause I had Primape as my fighting type. Then i started using Bewear and man is it goooood. Seriously it just absorbs damage like a sponge. Yeah no online access sadly. But that's good to hear there are Vulpix available. Idk why but i really feel like i should have an ice type for my last spot on my team, porbably because idk who really to put in it

Seriously? Well that's perfect. Now i'm so looking forward to all this grinding i have to do :(

Fluffy is soooooo good omg~ Bewear is super cute too, so that's additional points. I didn't really pay too much attention to the trailers so when I read about Bewear's behaviour I was like
zelda coffee gif.gif

I mostly blame Hapu's battle because there was around a 4 level jump >___>
No joke, I literally spent all my money on like, 20 revival herbs, 20 max potions and full restores, and 20 revives. I had only 200~ pokedollars left and by the end, I used up all my revival herbs and max potions for the E4 lolol.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Fluffy is soooooo good omg~ Bewear is super cute too, so that's additional points. I didn't really pay too much attention to the trailers so when I read about Bewear's behaviour I was like
View attachment 123443

I mostly blame Hapu's battle because there was around a 4 level jump >___>
No joke, I literally spent all my money on like, 20 revival herbs, 20 max potions and full restores, and 20 revives. I had only 200~ pokedollars left and by the end, I used up all my revival herbs and max potions for the E4 lolol.
Yeah, thought it makes it bad against fire types then. But other then that it is really powerful. Yeah lol like wtf, it backs trainers back and basically ruins their lives.

Yeah his battle so really easy. Then i get to the elite four and it's just nope, sorry mate.
ahaha I literally only had 20 hype potions and 12 revives and some max, full restores and max revives and thought i would be fine.

In other news, has anyone else been watching the Internet's reaction to Tracers revealed sexuality. I have to say, i've gone through a lot of popcorn and developed a bruise on my head from all the salt that there is.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, thought it makes it bad against fire types then. But other then that it is really powerful. Yeah lol like wtf, it backs trainers back and basically ruins their lives.

Yeah his battle so really easy. Then i get to the elite four and it's just nope, sorry mate.
ahaha I literally only had 20 hype potions and 12 revives and some max, full restores and max revives and thought i would be fine.

In other news, has anyone else been watching the Internet's reaction to Tracers revealed sexuality. I have to say, i've gone through a lot of popcorn and developed a bruise on my head from all the salt that there is.

It literally kills people with hugs which is pretty cute, but at the same time, disturbing haha

Wait, did you finish the main story yet? Just curious because then we can talk in depth or something like that idek

I don't even play Overwatch lol. But I'm all up for it~ I mean, it's not like Tracer is gonna zip past you and be like "move, i'm gay". Since I don't play Overwatch, is Tracer lesbian or bi?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It literally kills people with hugs which is pretty cute, but at the same time, disturbing haha

Wait, did you finish the main story yet? Just curious because then we can talk in depth or something like that idek

I don't even play Overwatch lol. But I'm all up for it~ I mean, it's not like Tracer is gonna zip past you and be like "move, i'm gay". Since I don't play Overwatch, is Tracer lesbian or bi?
A lot of Sun and Moons entries are scary tbh

No I am literally just up to the Elite Four grind a bit so that I have a small chance to beat them

Yeah i've been looking at a few Overwatch videos and it sort of makes me wish i could play the cam. Tracer was just confirmed the other day in a comic to be lesbian. And to get an idea of the salt, just have a look at this
[/quote]

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
A lot of Sun and Moons entries are scary tbh

No I am literally just up to the Elite Four grind a bit so that I have a small chance to beat them

Yeah i've been looking at a few Overwatch videos and it sort of makes me wish i could play the cam. Tracer was just confirmed the other day in a comic to be lesbian. And to get an idea of the salt, just have a look at this
[/QUOTE]
Ooh nice. Who's your favourite character? For me it's Gladion then Lillie :3

And lololol the salt, especially on the last one. "Yknow, maybe don't create a lesbian specifically designed for the male gaze."
Like, ???? How does that even make sense lolol. I guess girls/lesbians don't play video games then. Plus they're not even real and Overwatch isn't even a dating game so it's not like guys can't play as Tracer anymore because she's lesbian

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Oh wow. Tracer is lesbian? I don't really care about Overwatch that much, but hearing something like this is actually really cool. It's great how Blizzard is expanding their character sexualities.

We have a lesbian in the percussion section who is my age. She's kind of a similar case with Tracer (only replace al the peppyness with sas and you basically got the idea).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ooh nice. Who's your favourite character? For me it's Gladion then Lillie :3

And lololol the salt, especially on the last one. "Yknow, maybe don't create a lesbian specifically designed for the male gaze."
Like, ???? How does that even make sense lolol. I guess girls/lesbians don't play video games then. Plus they're not even real and Overwatch isn't even a dating game so it's not like guys can't play as Tracer anymore because she's lesbian[/QUOTE]

Mine is the avatar :p
Nah ahah, i like Hau a lot :)

Exactly, it's really just stupid. I think it's really cool of Blizzard and just shows they aren't scared to do something like this. I found out watching a video analyzing the comic and after it was done, i thought about it and tbh, it sort of makes works and makes sense. Idk how but it just does

We have a lesbian in the percussion section who is my age. She's kind of a similar case with Tracer (only replace al the peppyness with sas and you basically got the idea).
Really huh that's interesting.

If she plays video games you should show here those twitter and response and see how she reacts. I'm guessing it will be like 99% of the other sensible people

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Mine is the avatar :p
Nah ahah, i like Hau a lot :)

Exactly, it's really just stupid. I think it's really cool of Blizzard and just shows they aren't scared to do something like this. I found out watching a video analyzing the comic and after it was done, i thought about it and tbh, it sort of makes works and makes sense. Idk how but it just does

Really huh that's interesting.

If she plays video games you should show here those twitter and response and see how she reacts. I'm guessing it will be like 99% of the other sensible people

Tbh though, Sun and Moon (the male and female protogs) are actually super cute and they're pretty much a blank slate so you can just make up their character traits, which is what I did because I have a bit too much time on my hands haha.
And omg Hau is such a precious boy I just want to hug him

Yeah, serious kudos to Blizzard for that step. Maybe the LGBT+ community will have some more positive acknowledgement because Tracer is the mascot of the game of the year iirc

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Tbh though, Sun and Moon (the male and female protogs) are actually super cute and they're pretty much a blank slate so you can just make up their character traits, which is what I did because I have a bit too much time on my hands haha.
And omg Hau is such a precious boy I just want to hug him

Yeah, serious kudos to Blizzard for that step. Maybe the LGBT+ community will have some more positive acknowledgement because Tracer is the mascot of the game of the year iirc
My only problem with them is the one blank continuous smiling expression they have. It's especially disconcerting in what are meant to be heart felt scenes (ie Exacugtor island cave)

Exactly. um, not sure about the mascot thing though (meaning idk)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
My only problem with them is the one blank continuous smiling expression they have. It's especially disconcerting in what are meant to be heart felt scenes (ie Exacugtor island cave)

Exactly. um, not sure about the mascot thing though (meaning idk)

Oh man, I just found a picture relating to that brb finding it
Edit: FOUND IT

Isn't Overwatch rated game of the year? I'm not too sure about my facts on that lol

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh man, I just found a picture relating to that brb finding it
Edit: FOUND IT

Isn't Overwatch rated game of the year? I'm not too sure about my facts on that lol
That is so accurate that ahah. And then you see the cinematic cutscenes and you get to see real emotions

I remember seeing something about it being game of the year. Wouldn't surprise me tbh. Though of Breath of the wild doesn't get game of the year next year..... boi will i be mad

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sorry I'm a day late,

But MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND A GOOD NIGHT!!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Someone mod this costume in!

Is that girl with the pigtails Sophie Lhant from Tales of Graces?
I think it's just Pit's green costume with the halo and eyes being green. And maybe the belt, but I can't think off the top of my head. But the artwork is definitely nice~

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guess who just got Lego dimensions starter pack for $60? :D

Edit: Also just realised that basically everyone's avatar is an anime character but mine

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Guess who just got Lego dimensions starter pack for $60? :D

Edit: Also just realised that basically everyone's avatar is an anime character but mine

kaze best anime grill tbh famu

Also Alpharad uploaded a video about Tracer being gay and pretty much said what I said here lol

Top Bottom