• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm not really sure how to move with Pit the way Nairo does at 7:30. I always get the dash slide or whatever
any help?
The dashing pivot thing? I believe you just dash > turn around > set control stick to neutral before patiently dashing away again. I don't think it's super useful because the turning animation is pretty slow... Now that I think about it, dash dancing in this situation would of probably been just as effective if I'm remembering what you can do from a dash dance correctly, basically everything you can normally do from a dash I think? I prefer just standing/walking because you have all options available.

Actually I've never modded a video game in my life, lol. Well, besides that time I disabled the sketchy anti piracy in an NES, but that's not quite the same thing. Koiba's the one that shared a bunch of pallet swaps a while back, and I'm pretty sure she had the Palutena theme'd one.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Actually I found it:

I'm gonna make this my first mod lol

Complete with his Japanese voice acting just because
Oooooh you were talking about that.... I thought you were talking about an actual palette swap that someone made and I linked here

Holy **** that was a long time ago... :ooo

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
What kind of combos can we do with sourspot BAir? I just recently started using my BAir more and I've never noticed how weak (combo-oriented) the bad hitbox on the BAir was. But I never really see any Pit players using it for combos. My friend uses Ness's sourspot BAir to combo into another BAir... does ours work similarly?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sour Bair can combo into the sweet spot. Actually it combos into a lot of things... The problem, ironically, is that the weak hitbox is too small to hit with consistently. It's practically a body hitbox. Naturally it's not safe on shield either.

Dunno if I've ever seen Earth go for Bair combos but every time he gets a weak hit he follows up with the strong one.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Well guess I figured things out a lot quicker than I thought I would.

But as punishment for myself because reasons, I'm KiraFlax now. I don't even have to say why other than because I'm a tryhard that's never gonna win or remotely place high in anythig important, yet the smash wiki is gonna call me an amazing pit main anyway, even though NecromanceRr is probably better than me. However, I WILL NOT LOSE TO CONCON EVER AGAIN!!! Just thought I'd say that.

Also:
1. I just found out I have a more aggressive [yet mostly patient] playstyle than what I once thought (I always pictured myself as a guy that uses a mix of offense and defense consistently, but eh).
2. I have completely forgotten how to fight yoshi. I knwo I'm not supposed to approach at all, but when yoshi gets in, I can't seem to reliably punish him anymore for some reason. Also, eggs.
image.jpeg
well technically we've been friends for a while, but you should probably understand that feel when you see her one day and all of a sudden you start to feel more for her than you should.....it's rather complicated otherwise. And ironic because my instagram name is nohuniesnecessary XD.
4. Being pit section leader does have more challenges than what I once thought.

Inb4 this post of mine gets ignored again. Figures that no one listens to or cares about me :(

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
But as punishment for myself because reasons, I'm KiraFlax now. I don't even have to say why other than because I'm a tryhard that's never gonna win or remotely place high in anythig important, yet the smash wiki is gonna call me an amazing pit main anyway, even though NecromanceRr is probably better than me. However, I WILL NOT LOSE TO CONCON EVER AGAIN!!! Just thought I'd say that.
Um, I'm probably gonna be that lame person who ruins the joke, but joke or no joke, isn't that a little rude? Of course it's gonna be hard to place high in a relevant place because there's going to be a lot of top payers there because it's relevant. You really shouldn't take Wiki too seriously, I mean, someone put Lythero as a pro Ganondorf main lol. Lythero's a cool dude no offence.And tbh Kira seems like a pretty good Pit main (or maybe I just suck, but I'd think of myself as pretty decent) but iirc Melee is his main game so he's gotta be better there, right? What I'm trying to point out is that it just sounds kinda mean, and I know I wouldn't wanna see myself getting mocked. We're all trying to get good with Pit, and we should help each other~ :happysheep:

Unless I'm over-thinking this and this was all a joke then rip
And ironic because my instagram name is nohuniesnecessary XD.
*shoots a follow*
Life is full of obstacles and challenges, if there weren't then we wouldn't grow up to be strong peeps~ Just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it! What exactly is the challenge about it? Responsibility? The people?
Inb4 this post of mine gets ignored again. Figures that no one listens to or cares about me :(
Hm, what am I doing? Literally the opposite of this. Sist, People all over care about you, what's making you think that no one cares? Because you should get that pesky voice out of your head. There's only one of you and you is pretty amazing

Edit: And am I the only one that would love to do a type of graceful dance with someone I like? It looks really fun

I'd LOVE to visit a place like this irl :love:

I'm such a ****ing weeb lmao

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well guess I figured things out a lot quicker than I thought I would.

Also:
1. I just found out I have a more aggressive [yet mostly patient] playstyle than what I once thought (I always pictured myself as a guy that uses a mix of offense and defense consistently, but eh).
2. I have completely forgotten how to fight yoshi. I knwo I'm not supposed to approach at all, but when yoshi gets in, I can't seem to reliably punish him anymore for some reason. Also, eggs.
View attachment 116728 well technically we've been friends for a while, but you should probably understand that feel when you see her one day and all of a sudden you start to feel more for her than you should.....it's rather complicated otherwise. And ironic because my instagram name is nohuniesnecessary XD.

Mate, it's not that we don't care about you. Hardly.

Just honestly, i don't full understand what you are saying here.

But that's just me

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I know you care about me lol; that last part was a joke. Why do you think I put the sad face at the end?
Um, I'm probably gonna be that lame person who ruins the joke, but joke or no joke, isn't that a little rude? Of course it's gonna be hard to place high in a relevant place because there's going to be a lot of top payers there because it's relevant. You really shouldn't take Wiki too seriously, I mean, someone put Lythero as a pro Ganondorf main lol. Lythero's a cool dude no offence.And tbh Kira seems like a pretty good Pit main (or maybe I just suck, but I'd think of myself as pretty decent) but iirc Melee is his main game so he's gotta be better there, right? What I'm trying to point out is that it just sounds kinda mean, and I know I wouldn't wanna see myself getting mocked. We're all trying to get good with Pit, and we should help each other~ :happysheep:

Unless I'm over-thinking this and this was all a joke then rip

*shoots a follow*

Life is full of obstacles and challenges, if there weren't then we wouldn't grow up to be strong peeps~ Just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it! What exactly is the challenge about it? Responsibility? The people?

Hm, what am I doing? Literally the opposite of this. Sist, People all over care about you, what's making you think that no one cares? Because you should get that pesky voice out of your head. There's only one of you and you is pretty amazing

Edit: And am I the only one that would love to do a type of graceful dance with someone I like? It looks really fun

I'd LOVE to visit a place like this irl :love:

I'm such a ****ing weeb lmao
That post was a joke; kira is an alright pit main; I only mention kira to make fun of the smash wiki and some of the flaws it has; it has a lot more, but I like to shoot at it. That shot at keeryflix was a joke, dar-wait, WHAT?!? KIRAFLAX PLAYS MELEE NOW?!?

It's mostly the people there. They're normally chill and I don't have to worry about them but sometimes they stress me out and I have to stray away from my otherwise laid back demeanor (I hope I spelled that right) and start raising my voice. Especially since there is this one little sas who thinks that she's too good for everyone and even my co gets irritated by her sometimes.

Man Koiba, you got reeeeeeeal philosophical there lol. Nice to know that you're you ^_^

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I know you care about me lol; that last part was a joke. Why do you think I put the sad face at the end?

That post was a joke; kira is an alright pit main; I only mention kira to make fun of the smash wiki and some of the flaws it has; it has a lot more, but I like to shoot at it. That shot at keeryflix was a joke, dar-wait, WHAT?!? KIRAFLAX PLAYS MELEE NOW?!?

It's mostly the people there. They're normally chill and I don't have to worry about them but sometimes they stress me out and I have to stray away from my otherwise laid back demeanor (I hope I spelled that right) and start raising my voice. Especially since there is this one little sas who thinks that she's too good for everyone and even my co gets irritated by her sometimes.

Man Koiba, you got reeeeeeeal philosophical there lol. Nice to know that you're you ^_^
Bro, you scared me there lol

Well, he's part/his channel of/is SSBM Tutorials so I'm pretty sure he knows his things in Melee. Unless it's another Kira LOL
Here's his channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYN_OFUoCAY

Maybe you should have a little chat with them, or at least with that girl. Because it ain't fun when there's that one person who thinks she's the best in a group :V But defiantly keep calm and give a bright smile~!

Thanks~

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Could someone help me come up with a Smash name.

I'm kind of interested in possible joining the smash competitive scene here in Australia if i can, but i can't think of a good Smash name to use.

Any help?

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I dislike KiraFlax (his raging is so dumb) actually and don't think he's that good. Most of his videos seem to be him taking L's anyway

And I think that video is a different person named Kira, I don't see the name KiraFlax anywhere

But anyway

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Could someone help me come up with a Smash name.

I'm kind of interested in possible joining the smash competitive scene here in Australia if i can, but i can't think of a good Smash name to use.

Any help?

"What's the best part of tags? Naming them!" :owain:

idk Unknown Hero/Merc can be a pretty good tag on it's own. But if you don't like it then I dunno. I'm not too hot with names, but one thing is that don't make it too long lol.
And I think that video is a different person named Kira, I don't see the name KiraFlax anywhere

But anyway
Huh

oops lol

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"What's the best part of tags? Naming them!" :owain:

idk Unknown Hero/Merc can be a pretty good tag on it's own. But if you don't like it then I dunno. I'm not too hot with names, but one thing is that don't make it too long lol.
Those two names where the ones i was thinking about (Unknown Hero/Merc or Merc/Hero) But the problem is that there is already a few Unknown out there already and Merc/Hero by itself just feels a little, idk, lackluster.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Those two names where the ones i was thinking about (Unknown Hero/Merc or Merc/Hero) But the problem is that there is already a few Unknown out there already and Merc/Hero by itself just feels a little, idk, lackluster.

Hm... I do agree with you that Hero/Merc is pretty lackluster on it's own, but you can also change the spelling like MerC, HeRo/Her0 but it's your choice

I'm like, super bad with names sorry lol ;v;

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hm... I do agree with you that Hero/Merc is pretty lackluster on it's own, but you can also change the spelling like MerC, HeRo/Her0 but it's your choice

I'm like, super bad with names sorry lol ;v;
You mean like what ZeRo does? Hm maybe, idk, not a huge fan of ZeRo.

The Merc The Merc Your tag should be Heroic Merc then. I think that that's cool.

If not then pick something like deadpool or something.
That's actually really good. I'll keep it in mind.

Though some could intemperate it as a bit egotistic. Or is that just me...

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
You mean like what ZeRo does? Hm maybe, idk, not a huge fan of ZeRo.

That's actually really good. I'll keep it in mind.

Though some could intemperate it as a bit egotistic. Or is that just me...

oh crap I forgot that that was ZeRo's format lol

I personally don't find it vain, but it's a little long, so I have a feeling some people will just abbreviate it to Heroic or Merc. But still, the full name has a nice ring

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
oh crap I forgot that that was ZeRo's format lol

I personally don't find it vain, but it's a little long, so I have a feeling some people will just abbreviate it to Heroic or Merc. But still, the full name has a nice ring
Yeah ahaha

Yeah probably

Well crap, after reading this i get the feeling that i probably shouldn't use just Merc then xD

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Try spacing fair or uair if they're thirsty enough; sometimes it works. Otherwise idk what to do. A lot of characters struggle with being stuck on the ledge.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yeah, basically everybody should be taking a ton of damage on the ledge. It's not exclusive to Pit.

Pit's actual getup option are below average (so like two frames worse overall lol) but then he has other options with aerials and arrows. Drop, jump, shoot, side B back to the ledge is one. Drop, jump, Fair/Bair autocancel is another. Or do a jumping getup and throw out something else.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Just posting here because it's my 666th post. Ah the irony of posting in a thread of angels :awesome:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Cause we be the devils >:)

Also ReRaze ReRaze just the Aussie i'm looking for. You ready for summer and all it's surprises?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
*Dath says Robin is top 20*
*People agree due to lack of matchup knowledge*
*Time passes and people start learning the matchup*
*People say he's not as good as what people used to think*
Cycle of every single frikkin character nowadays; it happened with pikachu, ness, roy, mewtwo (pre patch), lucas, zss, diddy, bowser, fox, cloud, mario, luigi, and [will happen to] marth. The only exception to this rule is sonic but that's because people randomly feel like not trying to learn the matchup and blindly sayig he's top 5 or top 3.

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Guys what stages do you think benefit pit the most? (tourney only stages please)

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Guys what stages do you think benefit pit the most? (tourney only stages please)
But yoshi's island is a tourney legal stage; have you seen the STR stage list?

In all seriousness though, battlefield. Platforms, walls that we can recover to properly (frikkin dreamland), and we don't fear the other advantages that other characters have on the stage thanks to uair, up tilt, and up smash (the only exception being marth and possibly fox or ike). If not then lylat.

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
But yoshi's island is a tourney legal stage; have you seen the STR stage list?

In all seriousness though, battlefield. Platforms, walls that we can recover to properly (frikkin dreamland), and we don't fear the other advantages that other characters have on the stage thanks to uair, up tilt, and up smash (the only exception being marth and possibly fox or ike). If not then lylat.
Thanks!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hey Pitoo, what's it like being in the Forces of Nature?
The pay is decent, but it's mostly just annoying.
Oh, I'm sure it can't be that bad. No need to be so doom and gloom all the time, Pitoo!
No, it really is that bad. Arlon and Phosphora get to be my coworkers, for starters.
I guess they really would be annoying to work with, huh?
....And Viridi gets to be my boss.
I take back what I said. Your doom and gloom is totally understandable.

These sure are fun to make when the inspiration hits. I should do this more often.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Pitoo, what's it like being in the Forces of Nature?
The pay is decent, but it's mostly just annoying.
Oh, I'm sure it can't be that bad. No need to be so doom and gloom all the time, Pitoo!
No, it really is that bad. Arlon and Phosphora get to be my coworkers, for starters.
I guess they really would be annoying to work with, huh?
....And Viridi gets to be my boss.
I take back what I said. Your doom and gloom is totally understandable.

These sure are fun to make when the inspiration hits. I should do this more often.
Hey! Long time.

AHAHAH oh man you really should do more of these, they are great xD

This one actually reminds me a bit of on i had planned to do.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
*Diddy/cloud player beats me on anthers ladder
*Tells me to kill myself because I play sonic

Make a pit skit based off of that.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
*Diddy/cloud player beats me on anthers ladder
*Tells me to kill myself because I play sonic

Make a pit skit based off of that.
Challenged accepted.

You know who I really hate fighting?
Ooh! Ooh! Let me guess! Sheik? Rosalina? Cloud?
Actually, no. It's...
Wait! Don't tell me! That'll spoil the fun!
Olimar? Duck Hunt? Link?
Why would I be bothered by projectile spammers? I have a reflector. Anyway, it's...
Zero Suit Samus, I bet! Her paralyzer can be really annoying.
Paralysis isn't annoying. Unless you're a big baby, that is.
I don't want to hear it from Captain Paralysis herself. Anyway, can you all just let me finish? The person I really hate fighting is...
It's got to be Jigglypuff. Someone super edgy like you has got to hate losing to Jigglypuff.
It's Sonic, okay! I really hate Sonic! There's nothing more annoying than his stupid spin dash and homing attack.
Which is exactly why I main him! Who's up for some Smash!?
....Kill yourself.
Oh, lighten up Pittoo! Sonic might be annoying to fight if you don't know the matchup, but lots of characters have annoying features. Some are hard to punish, some kill super early, some have ridiculous super armor...
...Some have annoying stripper taunts.
It's not a stripper taunt if I don't take off any clothes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom