• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I'll eat your poutine Koiba Koiba :3 I have the metabolic rate of a cow, I don't get fat.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I can kinda play Pit~
Can aim da arrows, mid range game play, and kinda gimpz people

I'm the best team mate possible for a Dark Pit main; my arrows will guide them.
I don't know how to kill, but that's what the dank side-b abuser is for~

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Your not making me feel any better :/

Well good night everyone have a nice night
Sorry :(

I can kinda play Pit~
Can aim da arrows, mid range game play, and kinda gimpz people

I'm the best team mate possible for a Dark Pit main; my arrows will guide them.
I don't know how to kill, but that's what the dank side-b abuser is for~
Oh, I never knew. Well either way, your Pit is probably significantly better than mine.

Pittoo isn't too bad, but his too edgy for me.

:135:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Shaya Shaya

Since you're here, quick question.

What do you think I should lab out and get some hard data on? Figuring out Fsmash should be easy enough to do by myself, but the other stuff, Ftilt > Electroshock and potential Jab setups namely, I can't really do alone. I should have an opportunity to try it out with my friend over the weekend and I'm not really sure what to prioritize. Unless you think there's something else I should look into... Xacer's footstool stuff looks good too.

Actually I'm interested in everybody's opinion here. Do you guys think there's anything I should look into?

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Shaya Shaya

What do you think I should lab out and get some hard data on? Figuring out Fsmash should be easy enough to do by myself, but the other stuff, Ftilt > Electroshock and potential Jab setups namely, I can't really do alone. I should have an opportunity to try it out with my friend over the weekend and I'm not really sure what to prioritize. Unless you think there's something else I should look into... Xacer's footstool stuff looks good too.

Actually I'm interested in everybody's opinion here. Do you guys think there's anything I should look into?
I think you should anything to help further develop the meta is something we should pay attention to but I'd have to say I don't think we have any further development that could be game changing

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya Shaya

I wouldn't mind knowing where sour back air could go. But at the same time I know there isn't some super-secret out there for improving his combo game.
From a ground movement spacing perspective (trot dancing, mini dash dancing, etc), I like reacting being able to pivot ftilt or pivot back air as his fastest/longest ranged tools, fair is okay too but is a bit more committal (having to start it almost immediately as one jumps).

66 degree angle low knockback, with Pit's poor vertical specs (slow/low jumps) is awkward, but there's perhaps more there to think about. Chances are I'm just trying to cover landings again afterwards.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I wouldn't mind knowing where sour back air could go. But at the same time I know there isn't some super-secret out there for improving his combo game.
From a ground movement spacing perspective (trot dancing, mini dash dancing, etc), I like reacting being able to pivot ftilt or pivot back air as his fastest/longest ranged tools, fair is okay too but is a bit more committal (having to start it almost immediately as one jumps).

66 degree angle low knockback, with Pit's poor vertical specs (slow/low jumps) is awkward, but there's perhaps more there to think about. Chances are I'm just trying to cover landings again afterwards.
Not entirely sure why you say Fair is more of a commitment when the two have the same AC, unless you're talking about landing with Bair.

I've tried doing things with sour Bair before but I've found it's too hard to land. Not exactly a bad thing, but I think they goofed and made the tipper hitbox outprioritize the weaker one and it's there on all three frames. Either way the stronger hitbox comes first on Kurogane and from what I've heard in the Marth social the first listed hitbox should be the one with the most priority, right?

ReRaze ReRaze I think has tried something with it in the past, though.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
All I know is that bair sourspot is a decent comboing move:
Bair > Jab
Bair > Usmash
Bair > Dair > Another aerial
Bair > Bair
(Although I'm not really sure about the practicality of trying to land it since it goes without saying that you'd want to space bair for the tip to keep it safe).
I don't think it's worth looking into too much, just remember to go for a followup if you somehow land sour bair :p. On another note tipper Bair is probably my favourite poke as pit, SH away and scaring your opponent with a Bair is a great way to condition for grabs or something.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I still don't understand how you guys are seemingly able to pull all theses amazing combos off of Dair.

I can literally only perform Dair -> Dair, and even then it's very 50-50

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
ReRaze ReRaze

You have any idea what I should look at?

I still don't understand how you guys are seemingly able to pull all theses amazing combos off of Dair.

I can literally only perform Dair -> Dair, and even then it's very 50-50

Try Dair > Nair at lower percents then Dair > Fair/Bair/Uair at higher percents depending on DI and the direction you're facing.

The tipper is last.
So it's just that the sourspot is microscopic?

YoshiDryBones

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zara
3DS FC
1332-7857-8326
Well I totally forgot I signed up around Christmas, but hello to everyone in this thread! I 'm pretty new and I love playing as both Pit and Dark Pit.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well I totally forgot I signed up around Christmas, but hello to everyone in this thread! I 'm pretty new and I love playing as both Pit and Dark Pit.
Hi.gif

Hello~! :happysheep: I'm that girl that likes Dark Pit and mashed potatoes.

You're no longer the only Canadian! I'm from the North too! and hooray for poutine! In fact, I just had one today.
C A N A D I A N S

Poutine is super good, can't seem to finish a full box at Costco tho :/

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I know you're new dude (well technically anyway) but you're not exactly off to a great start leading off with a double post. Try and wait for somebody else to post or editthe last one instead.

Other then that, welcome aboard.

YoshiDryBones

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zara
3DS FC
1332-7857-8326
I know you're new dude (well technically anyway) but you're not exactly off to a great start leading off with a double post. Try and wait for somebody else to post or editthe last one instead.

Oh, sorry about that. I suppose I have a lot to learn about how this site works, but I'll understand eventually. And sorry that this is also a double post.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
ReRaze ReRaze You have any idea what I should look at?
Hmmm, realistically I think we should look at your ftilt > electroshock setup. It has alot of potential, looking at it in more detail i.e when exactly it works and on who could be useful to know, as well as if those opponents have any options to get out e.g A-cancelling.

Buuut, :3 if we are the talking about the things im curious about....

I've always been curious about Uair. If you don't connect the last hit how do you know which way it will launch, I find it sometimes flings my opponent to the side, it would be pretty cool if we could pressure opponents under platforms potentially flinging them to the edge or offstage

And one last thing, if you're inside your opponent when using dsmash, at low percents both of the hits connect doing massive damage, but more importantly it does a ton of shield damage. More than enough for the next side b to break a shield. I saw a falcon using perfect pivot down smash to get into his opponents shield and land both hits breaking the shield, I was thinking if this would have any use for Pit. How safe is dsmash on shield? What if we perfect pivot in a way that we end up behind them then it is definitely unpunishable right? Also iirc side b's frame 1 Pull back is amazing for avoiding grabs (and punishing in return).

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hmmm, realistically I think we should look at your ftilt > electroshock setup. It has alot of potential, looking at it in more detail i.e when exactly it works and on who could be useful to know, as well as if those opponents have any options to get out e.g A-cancelling.

Buuut, :3 if we are the talking about the things im curious about....

I've always been curious about Uair. If you don't connect the last hit how do you know which way it will launch, I find it sometimes flings my opponent to the side, it would be pretty cool if we could pressure opponents under platforms potentially flinging them to the edge or offstage

And one last thing, if you're inside your opponent when using dsmash, at low percents both of the hits connect doing massive damage, but more importantly it does a ton of shield damage. More than enough for the next side b to break a shield. I saw a falcon using perfect pivot down smash to get into his opponents shield and land both hits breaking the shield, I was thinking if this would have any use for Pit. How safe is dsmash on shield? What if we perfect pivot in a way that we end up behind them then it is definitely unpunishable right? Also iirc side b's frame 1 Pull back is amazing for avoiding grabs (and punishing in return).
I've tried A-canceling still should be called A-landing against Ftilt > Electroshock actually, and with the conditions I set against Diddy he couldn't use it to escape. Can't remember what works out of hitstun first but I tested everything, and I'll be sure to test everything again too.

Uair? That's easy man, just look at Kuroganehammer. Assuming it's arranged in a plus pattern and that Kurogane is correct :p top hitbox launches down, bottom launches up, left launches right, right launches left. You see angle 165 repeated because most hitboxes reverse their launch angle if you're on the other side of the character it's attached to. Leading to my next point...

Our Dsmash works the same way. Can't remember if Falcon's connects normally, but if that happens with ours it's because the opponent was technically on the other side of our character and launched "outwards." I don't remember exactly how safe Dsmash is but it's enough to where if an opponent isn't expecting it he's not going to get the punish, but the real problem is getting it to link like that in the first place. It's more likely to work on a shield since the hurtbox (shieldbox?) is bigger. This one I can probably test by myself, or you could if you want. Fairly sure it'd be a blockstring or close enough to where you wouldn't want to try and punish without some amazing OoS option or something, so I don't think we need two people for that... I'll probably see if it is a blockstring just to be safe.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You hit with hitbox of dair that doesn't spike and the possibilitys are endless
Try Dair > Nair at lower percents then Dair > Fair/Bair/Uair at higher percents depending on DI and the direction you're facing.
I've tired these, but they don't work for me. Though it could be the fact i only versus CPUs

I now you're just warning him and that's good and all, but i've seen a number of people double post here and no one bats an eye.

Speaking of the new guy

G'DAY MATE!!!

I'm one of the few Aussies here in this thread. All you need to know about me is if I hear you talking crap about Young Link, you are going to have a bad time with me.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I am I the only one with a avatar changed to fire emblem

O nevermind I get it did I have to be Roy I want to be Donny

Last edited:

YoshiDryBones

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zara
3DS FC
1332-7857-8326
Thanks for the warning. I'm not too sure of the rules, so is there anywhere I can go to find them? and another thing about me is that I am a girl, not a dude. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier :laugh: (wow, already said 'sorry' 3 times so far, I must be a true Canadian)

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Thanks for the warning. I'm not too sure of the rules, so is there anywhere I can go to find them? and another thing about me is that I am a girl, not a dude. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier :laugh: (wow, already said 'sorry' 3 times so far, I must be a true Canadian)
If you want to find the rules you should probably just ask a mod the mods have red names all kinds of people are welcome here as long as you don't talk smack about Mewtwo we can be friends

YoshiDryBones

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zara
3DS FC
1332-7857-8326
If you want to find the rules you should probably just ask a mod the mods have red names all kinds of people are welcome here as long as you don't talk smack about Mewtwo we can be friends
ok. and don't worry, I like Mewtwo. He's really cool, especially in Movie 1. and just a random question, which FE character am I shown as?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think you're Matthew, the first thief you get in FE7. I have no Idea which character I got (I'm pretty sure this character is from the Tellius games) I already had Nino as my profile pic anyways.
You're the... Uh, useless archer guy from Miciah's team. Everybody on her team was freakin' trash I swear.

Meanwhile I'm Chrom's sister. Couldn't I have been somebody cool from PoR?

Top Bottom