• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Man wish pits side B was faster I was just playing a friend and I went for a side B and got smack in the face with a Fsmash can it at least be as fast as caption falcons side B his is stronger, faster, and less laggy this sucks
But Pit's and Falcon's side b have the same startup

Only diffs are that Falcon's has 75 KBG with a 85 degree angle and has 3 less frames of endlag if you miss it. While Pit's have super armour with 60 KBG with an 80 degree angle

So technically the moves are near- identical

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734

Only diffs are that Falcon's has 75 KBG with a 85 degree angle and has 3 less frames of endlag if you miss it. While Pit's have super armour with 60 KBG with an 80 degree angle

Really it must be my saltiness controlling my brain thanks for the info although I still think it should be faster or less lagged cause it seems like where being ignored

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Really it must be my saltiness controlling my brain thanks for the info although I still think it should be faster or less lagged cause it seems like where being ignored
Less end-lag would be SUPER nice tbh, but the it'll look like the move would be super spammy; that would be annoying along with the super armour.

Anyway colouring Palutena atm. So far trying to colour her is taking longer than colouring Pikachu, Kirby and Robin combined.
Palu gurl why do you have so much snazzy stuff

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
ATTENTION ALL ANGELS!
The Umbra Witch Is On The Move!
This week in Conquest Mode! March 25th to April 1st!
:4pit: and :4darkpit: VS :4bayonetta:
Now Bayonetta may be DLC but we can't let her win that easy!
You know what to do! Get Online and Finish Her!
And if you see any of your angelic brethren out there, lend them your support!

Now All Troops! Move Out!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

What I think he means is that Falcon's moves quicker when using the move (or at least that's what it seems)

:135:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I wouldn't say MK had no reason to be overlooked, but he was definitely still a good character early on.

Link's probably underrated a bit but I don't think Ness is since he's usually placed in top tier or close to it. IMO that's awful high for him...
Lol I remember the first time I played a Meta Knight in Smash 4. It was my introduction to what "no endlag" truly was and that dude didn't even use the UAir combo. I immediately realized MK was far from anything but one of the better characters in the game. Tried to tell people, but no one would listen. Then a couple of weeks later, Leo dominated Mr. R

I would go as far as to consider Ness a top 5 or 6 character in the game, based on my personal experiences

Actually people did have a reason to look over him tho. Cause everyone thought (THOUGHT) he was bad from the nerfs. Now look at him

"Thought" for no reason because literally no one tried to pick him up in Smash 4 to find out

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"Thought" for no reason because literally no one tried to pick him up in Smash 4 to find out
Exactly the same situation with Roy! (well, maybe not 100% exactly, but you get the idea.)

Anyway, kind of over all this arguing, so how about we just let bigons be bigons and move on?

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Less end-lag would be SUPER nice tbh, but the it'll look like the move would be super spammy; that would be annoying along with the super armour.

Anyway colouring Palutena atm. So far trying to colour her is taking longer than colouring Pikachu, Kirby and Robin combined.
Palu gurl why do you have so much snazzy stuff
I only want regular Pit's to be faster are you gonna post a picture showing ous? Just keep working hard and it'll turn out great best of luck to you

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Hey pit mains, I now probably all of you are better with pit than me so can you guys help me with the DK Matchup since it's a horrible matchup for M2 I have to stick to just pit the thing is I can never thing straight cause worried about making a mistake and dieing at 80 help please

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I only want regular Pit's to be faster are you gonna post a picture showing ous? Just keep working hard and it'll turn out great best of luck to you
Thankzies~ :happysheep:

Only thing left for her is her hair, skin and face~
monkeyclap.gif

Hey pit mains, I now probably all of you are better with pit than me so can you guys help me with the DK Matchup since it's a horrible matchup for M2 I have to stick to just pit the thing is I can never thing straight cause worried about making a mistake and dieing at 80 help please
I'm not the best at MU analysis but Pit usually does good against heavies due to his combo game and such. You shouldn't be scared of dying early unless he has really high rage

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
This match up is very fundamentally based. You can't just throw out random dash attacks and dash grabs. You have to play neutral/footsies and bait out some of his options (probably a dash grab) and punish those. It's one of those match ups where the better of a player you are the easier it will be unlike Bayonetta where it doesn't solely depend on how good of a player you are. If you don't know the Bayonetta match up you'll probably get bodied regardless of how good you are. Don't do anything unsafe on his shield that will get you shield grabbed. The next thing for you to do is find out what's safe or not on his shield. I would try forward tilt, fair, and maybe a cross up nair. All of these moves have to be spaced ofcourse.

On paper this match up seems terrible for Pit. DK gets a grab and he's getting 30% damage and maybe a stock. Pit gets a grab and gets 20% maximum maybe. But our combos ends with him being in a huge disadvantage state (in the air). DK isn't exactly the best at landing. Catch his landings with either pivot grabs, dash attacks, up airs, and (probably our best punish tools for catching people landing) our frame 5 upsmash that is good damage and a good way to take a stock. I can usually sneak in 2 upsmashes on a DK that's landing.

I don't recommend on doing side Bs ever against DK unless going for a super hard read. He can kill you with a down smash out of shield and you'll die super early. He's also pretty gimpable offstage.

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I'm missing some other things.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
This match up is very fundamentally based. You can't just throw out random dash attacks and dash grabs. You have to play neutral/footsies and bait out some of his options (probably a dash grab) and punish those. It's one of those match ups where the better of a player you are the easier it will be unlike Bayonetta where it doesn't solely depend on how good of a player you are. If you don't know the Bayonetta match up you'll probably get bodied regardless of how good you are. Don't do anything unsafe on his shield that will get you shield grabbed. The next thing for you to do is find out what's safe or not on his shield. I would try forward tilt, fair, and maybe a cross up nair. All of these moves have to be spaced ofcourse.

On paper this match up seems terrible for Pit. DK gets a grab and he's getting 30% damage and maybe a stock. Pit gets a grab and gets 20% maximum maybe. But our combos ends with him being in a huge disadvantage state (in the air). DK isn't exactly the best at landing. Catch his landings with either pivot grabs, dash attacks, up airs, and (probably our best punish tools for catching people landing) our frame 5 upsmash that is good damage and a good way to take a stock. I can usually sneak in 2 upsmashes on a DK that's landing.

I don't recommend on doing side Bs ever against DK nless going for a super hard read. He can kill you with a down smash out of shield and kill you super early. He's also pretty gimpable offstage.

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I'm missing some other things.
Thanks I really needed this advice I am considering picking up a zoner to deal with heavy weights since I always do bad against them (probably just me being Impatient) who's a good zoner for specificly someone to deal with Bowser and DK?And thank you for your time

Last edited:

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Thanks I really needed this advice I am considering picking up a zoner to deal with heavy weights since I always do bad against them (probably just me being Impatient) who's a good zoner for specificly someone to deal with Bowser and DK?And thank you for your time
Zoners aren't really my cup of tea, but when I was not fundamentally that great at this game I used Olimar and Robin to deal with heavies. Robin might be your best bet though if you can get used to his mobility.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Zoners aren't really my cup of tea, but when I was not fundamentally that great at this game I used Olimar and Robin to deal with heavies. Robin might be your best bet though if you can get used to his mobility.
*Zoners not cup of tea

*Plays Pit

:upsidedown:

Well you have a good variety of zoners to pick from

I would suggest either (asides from Pit) Link, Toon Link or Robin

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
*Zoners not cup of tea

*Plays Pit

:upsidedown:

Well you have a good variety of zoners to pick from

I would suggest either (asides from Pit) Link, Toon Link or Robin

You think Pit is a zoner? Hm. I see him as more of a spacing character like Marth that can be aggressive like Fox. A mix of both of them, but he's the best at neither. When I hears zoners, characters like Olimar, Megaman, Robin, or Villager come to mind. Characters that can apply pressure from a very safe distance. This tactic usually involves projectiles in smash 4. I can see how the defintions of spacing and zoning could blend together though.

Oh and what's up guys. I've been playing Bayonetta recently. She feels like Pit to me oddly. Air speed, frame data, movement on the ground, and ,most importantly, her offstage gameplay <3. And have been beating people I usually go even with more easily and beating people I usually lose to slightly now. Consistently getting top 3 at locals, so yay. Told myself I would only use Bayonetta for 2 months straight before touching any other character so I could learn her. As of right now I think I'm gonna keep Pit for certain match ups I don't like with Bayonetta like Ness or DK. We'll see. Was playing Pit yesterday though and he's still fun to me.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
You think Pit is a zoner? Hm. I see him as more of a spacing character like Marth that can be aggressive like Fox. A mix of both of them, but he's the best at neither. When I hears zoners, characters like Olimar, Megaman, Robin, or Villager come to mind. Characters that can apply pressure from a very safe distance. This tactic usually involves projectiles in smash 4. I can see how the defintions of spacing and zoning could blend together though.
I think of pit as a all rounder or spacing character I'd say agressive but he just doesn't have the speed or frame data to qualify

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
You can always try Rosa; but you gotta spend some time learning her though. Defiantly try out the options the others gave.

Just finished Palu's hair. I actually thought I was gonna pass out geez. But I didn't
Yeah.gif

Now onto her face and skin~! I think I might've messed up her eye placement in the drawing phase. #oop

Sensane Sensane good luck~! Remember your fellow angels are cheering for yew~!
Cheerleading 2.gif

Oh and I accidentally went Bayo for conquest #oop. I cannot resist the dsmash kills :secretkpop:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh, Yeah, that's probably more what Pit is like. I was just saying it because Pit can zone an opponent if he wants to.

Oh and what's up guys. I've been playing Bayonetta recently me. She feels like Pit to me oddly. Air speed, frame data, movement on the ground, and ,most importantly, her offstage gameplay <3. And have been beating people I usually go even with more easily and beating people I usually lose to slightly now. Consistently getting top 3 at locals, so yay. Told myself I would only use Bayonetta for 2 months straight before touching any other character so I could learn her. As of right now I think I'm gonna keep Pit for certain match ups I don't like with Bayonetta like Ness or DK. We'll see. Was playing Pit yesterday though and he's still fun to me.
No.....

You have given into it. I didn't think the Bayo curse would spread this fast!

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Oh, Yeah, that's probably more what Pit is like. I was just saying it because Pit can zone an opponent if he wants to.

No.....

You have given into it. I didn't think the Bayo curse would spread this fast!

Oh god the time is upon ous the bayo wars have begun we must take this victory

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
On the topic of zoning with Pit, Pit actually has a ridiculously good zoning game with fullhop arrows, If you have good enough aim, you can outcamp characters like link, tink, greninja, shiek, etc.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
On the topic of zoning with Pit, Pit actually has a ridiculously good zoning game with fullhop arrows, If you have good enough aim, you can outcamp characters like link, tink, greninja, shiek, etc.
Wow I never really thought about it that way maybe this will help me out more on the DK Matchup definitely going to try this approach

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Wow I never really thought about it that way maybe this will help me out more on the DK Matchup definitely going to try this approach
First step is to pick any stage besides battlefield, dreamland or Lylat if you wanna camp :p
Then start spamming full hop arrows forcing them to approach (you don't have to angle them completely down, as long as you hit DK before you land you can fire another arrow while still in the air), it works in a similiar way to Shiek's needles where you consider how they react and you react accordingly. Also don't panic if they get too close, you can act immediately after a full hop arrow so, airdodge, jump away, retaliate, etc. E.g You're spamming full hop arrows aimed towards him, and he comes close, you have a multitude of options here, you can land/cross him over and start camping again from the other side, you can rush him down all off a sudden with a dash attack or grab, you can punish him for trying to hit you. It's honestly a pretty cancerous playstyle but it's hella effective haha.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
First step is to pick any stage besides battlefield, dreamland or Lylat if you wanna camp :p
Then start spamming full hop arrows forcing them to approach (you don't have to angle them completely down, as long as you hit DK before you land you can fire another arrow while still in the air), it works in a similiar way to Shiek's needles where you consider how they react and you react accordingly. Also don't panic if they get too close, you can act immediately after a full hop arrow so, airdodge, jump away, retaliate, etc. E.g You're spamming full hop arrows aimed towards him, and he comes close, you have a multitude of options here, you can land/cross him over and start camping again from the other side, you can rush him down all off a sudden with a dash attack or grab, you can punish him for trying to hit you. It's honestly a pretty cancerous playstyle but it's hella effective haha.
I could care less how toxic(unless its in real life thatd be terrible lol) is long as it helps me beat DK ill on another note I'm pretty bored and you seem to be the only pit main online if we get another patch what do you think is the first thing they'd change about pit nerf or buff

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I could care less how toxic(unless its in real life thatd be terrible lol) is long as it helps me beat DK ill on another note I'm pretty bored and you seem to be the only pit main online if we get another patch what do you think is the first thing they'd change about pit nerf or buff
In all honesty I think they will change nothing. Buuut if I had to guess, they'd probably nerf Electroshock a bit while buffing Dark Pit's arrows (maybe less grounded endlag?).

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
In all honesty I think they will change nothing. Buuut if I had to guess, they'd probably nerf Electroshock a bit while buffing Dark Pit's arrows (maybe less grounded endlag?).
Naw Electroshock is totally fine
haha.gif

People just have to stay away from the ledge

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I doubt they would nerf dark pit I feel like Sakurai is secretly a DP main but the only thing I want for Pit is for nair to connect better and have less endlag

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Naw Electroshock is totally fine View attachment 101415

People just have to stay away from the ledge
Not sure if sarcastic but either way none of us want it changed :)
(edit: nvm your GIF loaded :3 I totally agree)

I doubt they would nerf dark pit I feel like Sakurai is secretly a DP main but the only thing I want for Pit is for nair to connect better and have less endlag
Haha edgy Sakurai would be a sight to see.

Nair is fine, tbh I like being able to link nair into usmash at kill percents because people fall out of it. Endlag is fine too since it autocancels.....unless they remove autocancel and just give it no endlag throughout, that would be amazing :3 Nair > Usmash for dayz.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Not sure if sarcastic but either way none of us want it changed :3

Haha edgy Sakurai would be a sight to see.

Nair is fine, tbh I like being able to link nair into usmash at kill percents because people fall out of it. Endlag is fine too since it autocancels.....unless they remove autocancel and just give it no endlag throughout, that would be amazing :3 Nair > Usmash for dayz.
I ususally use dthrow>dair>nair alot of the time they fall out maybe the upsmash is a better option since it kills well you learn something new everyday

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
These cat pictures never fail to make me feel all good inside
Yeah, I haven't used them in a while
Saw them on Deviantart and I'm like:"I need that. Like, now"

Apparently his name is Onion. He's quite cute

Here's a link to all the ones I have: http://imgur.com/a/Rv9nI

Also I would suggest you avoid double posting. Don't wanna get an infraction~
curt nod.gif

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Yeah, I haven't used them in a while
Saw them on Deviantart and I'm like:"I need that. Like, now"

Apparently his name is Onion. He's quite cute

Here's a link to all the ones I have: http://imgur.com/a/Rv9nI

Also I would suggest you avoid double posting. Don't wanna get an infraction~ View attachment 101417
Okay now I'm confuse can you remind me what a double post is

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Koiba Koiba So this is what happened to your old profile pic :O
image.jpeg

Also....
image.jpeg

who made this lmao

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Alright Koiba and Xacer I'm about to take a shower and go to sleep this was neat I hope we can do this again sometime have a nice night guys

Top Bottom