• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL (WA) Thread

Yagi

Smash Ace
Touk said:
I'm down to smash/learn from SKYPAL, where in Seattle are you guys located? I live in bremerton (just across the water).
We gather at my place, which is in Bellevue. It is usually Friday/Saturday, so anytime you are thinking about coming over, just post in here or IM me at Mr Yagisan if you have any questions.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Yagi, Because i take college courses, I am free (don't have classes) from Friday till Monday. So it's pretty much a smashfest starting friday and ending like saturday night? What's the start time?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Josh & Blair, thanks for giving us Oregonians a good time this weekend. I really enjoyed playing against you guys; hopefully I won't have to wait until OC2 to see you all again. And Ultimate was too fun.

Yagi

Smash Ace
Touk: I usually get off work at either 5pm or 7pm. So it can pretty much start when i get off. This week I get off at 5pm. However, most people come over later to avoid traffic.

T0MMY

Smash Master
It was a really great time playing Smash with everyone in Washington. Special thanks to Yagi for putting up with all of us crazy Oregonians. And thanks goes out to Blair for inviting us over for Smash, Pump, and ultimate frisbee. I found out at Josh's later my controller was going on and off occassionally from low battery--I thought I was having a really off day from lack of food/sleep/sanity.
I didn't get to play everyone, and some people I was playing half asleep... I vaguely remember Sas(?) saying I sounded exhausted after I said something that made no sense.
Haha, such fun. If I could, I'd come up and play with you guys every friday. Everyone I met there was awesome. Thanks again for having us over!

PS: no special thanks goes out to Gimpy--maybe I'll shout out "BOOZER MONEY MATCH" and wait for you to show. :p

mouseboy20

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I live 4 hrs. from Seattle (over the cascades) and whenever I'm in Seattle (like once a month or so) I do a tourney. I was wondering if I could meet/play u guys sometime? I'll be at Gimpy's smashfest on the 20th, maybe there?:laugh:

I am 14yrs. old and play a good Marth

Loop

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for having Touk and I over last night. We had fun. I'd try to make it to more but with me constantly going back and forth to each side of the state, I'm not sure when I'll be able to again.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Currently at Ikkis place, tommorow is ffa tourney and 2v2 tourney.
I will be teaming with AK =).

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
FFA results
1st Aniki samus(once again)
2nd Karasawa Ice Climbers
2nd So-me Falco
2nd Wakaba peach

i lost in the semi final round
which included hiko, brown mario and wakaba

2v2 results
1st Aniki(samus)/Masashi(fox)
2nd Jing(fox)/Hiko(falco)
3rd Shuu(sheik)/Wakaba(peach)
4th Kei(peach)/AK(falco, sheik)
5th Ikki(peach)/Yuki(peach)
5th Karasawa(IC)/Nago(sheik)
7th Thunders(fox)/Brown Mario(mario)
7th Fumi(yoshi)/yone(yoshi)

Ill write a basic summary when everything ends. tommorow is 1v1.
gtg to sleep so laterz.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
singels results

1st Thunders(fox)
2nd Masashi(fox)
3rd Shu(sheik,doc)
4th Aniki(samus)
5th Ikki(peach)
5th Nago(sheik)
7th So-me(falco)
7th Kou(falco,sheik)
9th Kei(fox,peach)
9th Hoshino Kirby(sheik)
9th hiko(falco)
9th Kentaros(doc)
13th AK(falco,sheik)
13th Farce(doc)
13th Ma-tan(peach)
13th Do-mo(IC)

I'll write a summary later when i m not tired.

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
GJ kei, i cant wait till you come back to america(OC2?) to show us all what japanese smash is about. Speaking of which, I havent seen jacks site in forever, but is it still updated with fairly new vids? i wanna see anikis samus

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think Wiigi would be better than YaWii, especially with characters in mind.

TakaWii got 9th? I find that a Wii hard to beWiive. No Wii's though. Must be crazWii out there.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Scamp said:
I think Wiigi would be better than YaWii, especially with characters in mind.

TakaWii got 9th? I find that a Wii hard to beWiive. No Wii's though. Must be crazWii out there.
overdone/10

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
I'll make this one short and easy.

FFA tourney
rules - 4min time, all stages, all items(normal). suicide -2
only winner moves on
1st round Kei +3 Tani +2 the rest i forgot
2nd round Kei +2 the rest i forgot
3rd round Kei +0 Wakaba +0 Brown Mario -1 hiko -3
so third round the stage is venom, sudden death for me and Wakaba... guess what happens lol.
so we redo the match with me and Wakaba, i go fox wakaba goes peach. stage termina bay. we end up going to sudden death again but this time i get hit by turnip and i lose.
Finals Aniki Wakaba So-me and Karasawa and Aniki wins on rainbow cruise.

2v2 4 stock 8 min team attack on stages dreamland and FD 1st round best of 1. second round best of 3, best 8 double elim best of 3 and best of 5 from semi finals.

1st round pool of 6 teams
1st seed Kei/AK 5-0
2nd seed Karasawa/Nago 4-1

we get seeded 1st so we only have to win one match next round to move on to the final 8.
2nd round we beat Ma-Tan/Kentaros 2-0

3rd round double elim
1st match vs Thunders/Brown Mario we win 2-0
2nd match vs Aniki/Masashi we lose 0-3 (all were close matches =(
losers we play Ikki/Yuki we win 2-0
losers we play Jing/hiko we lose 1-2

results
1st Aniki(samus)/Masashi(fox)
2nd Jing(fox)/Hiko(falco)
3rd Shuu(sheik)/Wakaba(peach)
4th Kei(peach)/AK(falco, sheik)
5th Ikki(peach)/Yuki(peach)
5th Karasawa(IC)/Nago(sheik)
7th Thunders(fox)/Brown Mario(mario)
7th Fumi(yoshi)/yone(yoshi)

1v1 pools 1st round pools 2nd round and 32 double elim final round. 4 stock best of 1 1st round, best of 3 from 2nd round. best of 5 from semifinals. FD and Dreamland

I go 5-0 1st round pools(3 or 4 stocked everyone =)
2nd round im in the pool with Okumari(mario) and Maha-Dash(falcon)
i go 2-0 and move on to final round.

so 32man double elim first round i play Yone(yosh), beat him 2-0.
Next i play AK 1st match i win peach vs falco. he changes to sheik and beats me. then i change to fox and beat him.
then i play Nago(sheik). lose to him 1-2 (all were close matches)
then i lose to So-me(falco) 0-2 (both close matches once again.

results
1st Thunders(fox)
2nd Masashi(fox)
3rd Shu(sheik,doc)
4th Aniki(samus)
5th Ikki(peach)
5th Nago(sheik)
7th So-me(falco)
7th Kou(falco,sheik)
9th Kei(fox,peach)
9th Hoshino Kirby(sheik)
9th hiko(falco)
9th Kentaros(doc)
13th AK(falco,sheik)
13th Farce(doc)
13th Ma-tan(peach)
13th Do-mo(IC)

winners finals thunders beat masashi 3-2
losers semi finals Shu(sheik) beat Aniki(samus) 3-2
loser finals masashi beats shu 3-0
grand finals masashi beats thunders 3-2
then thunders beats masashi 3-1 to take the tourney. congrats to thunders for his 1st ever 1st place =).

note - Jing and brown mario didnt enter singles cause they had school+job

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Josh, we should be invading the weekend of may 20th, Gimpy canceled his thing. Lemme know if theres anything we should bring/plan for. Otherwise we will be at your house the night of friday the 19th.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
woah, lets not get ahead of ourselves...

it has POTENTIALLY been moved to nates place, but if he cant post it, we will 'postpone' the event.

i'll update when i have more info.

EDIT:

Gimpyfish claims Metaknight in the name of Washington smash.

Yagi

Smash Ace
kyle, just so you know, there will be no problem having you over friday night, but on saturday just expect to get kicked out by sheena. i work saturday morning/afternoon and she always kicks everyone out when i go to work. it doesn't mean you can't come back over after i get off work, it just means you have to find somewhere else to hang around at while i'm at work.

metaknight looks top tier. therefore, you can't claim him. =P

i want to move.

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
new SSBB characters look so lame, about as lame as the new ones that came in melee when everyone still was playing 64, i hope none of them are good like shiek, marth, everyone but fox, peach, and falco were when they were the new kids on the block

if we go up next weekend, maybe well just invade blairs house on saturday and play pump and have his mom take us out for teriyaki like she did that one time, or maybe we could homeless it up in bellevue/seattle for the day, bring cardboard and sharpies!

And Don moved to Texas? I heard this happened some time ago but WTF! he was possibly my favorite SKYPALer, didnt hear about this till kyle told me recently. Anyways, hope to see SKYPAL next weekend unless oregon pulls ultimate scrub tactics

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Zero Suit Samus for the win!

All women in zero Gs!

But I'll probably end up playing Pit.

(So far I've been pretty good at predictions. For Melee I predicted Bowser or Peach.)

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
Well this time I'll make sure i play the top tier character from the beggining. I made a mistake trying to play roy, kirby, and mario in melee. Once i get ssbb play all charaters, and choose top tier.

Aniki will play Wario he said lol.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Scamp said:
(So far I've been pretty good at predictions. For Melee I predicted Bowser or Peach.)
You know... both bowser AND peach were planned to be in the first smash bros, but were taken out due to graphical restraints... (imagine the blocky bowser that could have been lol)

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I meant that I predected that I would play as Bowser or Peach, not that they'd be in the game.

For the next one I'm predicting that I'll use either Pit or Birdo. I'll probably use Daisy too, but that's not my prediction.

As for Kei, usually when picking up a new fighter it's good to play every character at least twice. Then I try to find the most abusable move possible and then use that character. Usually if a character has an overpowering move, that character will be good.

Link's up-B turned out to be not so hot after all...

My I'm full of contradictions.

Oh yeah, Krystal all the way if she's in it. I'm just guessing on that one, like I am with Daisy and Birdo.

How can they not have Toad if they don't have Toad?

BalefireBoy

Smash Journeyman
Wiiiiii, I happen to be in town for the wiikend, so I'll be stopping by tomorrow since I'm sure there will be festivitwiis.

By the way, I am wiilly excited about Brawl and I can't believe I'm the first in this thread to mention the future top tier Solid Snake! I mean really, how can he not be in the top tier when that comes out. It would be a travesty if he Mewtwo's it up in the next one. I start laughing whenever I think of the eventual Snake vs. Jigglypuff fight. Randomitivities.

I predict Diddy Kong will show up at some point. The only thing I really hope is that Toad does NOT become a playable character in Brawl otherwise Peach will be useless...

I got AIM now and I'm actually using it! LET'S BE BUDDIES! sn: BalefireBoy1

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Semantic Scamp Sez:

If Toad is a playable character that doesn't mean that Peach won't be able to pull him out from nowhere anymore. There's like a billion of them. They're like smurfs. With the exception that they don't use the word "Toad" to describe everything.

Top Bottom