• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL (WA) Thread

Eggz

Smash Hero
Yeah good times were had...although I didn't play anyone new...namely Skypal folk...Maybe next time...which will indeed be next year. XD Unless of course you guys are goin' to Skypal?

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... So some time in august (probably mid-late) I am going to be moving from CA (san jose area) up to washington for college. I am gonna be in Kirkland, i think... and I'm not too familiar with the area yet since i don't live there, but I'm just making my voice heard. I want to play anyone who is good, because from what i can tell there is better competition here than there. Anyone who wants to play, just let me know. I'll be up there in late august and will accept all challenges (atleast for a while).

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
1) I had an afro until about three weeks ago, when i got a hair cut. It'll grow back, though. Just give it some time...

2) Digipen Institute of Technology.

And just in case there are any doubters, I am no smash newb. I'm not the greatest (yet), but i can hold my own against the competition that I have found down here. Example: I played SilentSpectre's falcon, didn't chain grab at all, and only got one stocked. I was proud of myself, I must say. But yeah... I'm still improving. We'll see how good I am by late August.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
I pika main, which is why i didn't want to chain SS (it's too cheap). As far as alternates, it depends on who I'm playing. Luigi, Zelda, Sheik (my sheik is a little inconsistent), falcon, young link, and doc mainly, I think. I can use everybody "decently," but i am pretty sure that those are my better characters. Who knows, really? We will have to play and find out.

Yeah silent wolf, it was a friendly. But he wasn't sandbagging. Ask him if you want.

Yagi

Smash Ace
just to let everyone know, i can NOT have a smashfest this week. Sheena just had her baby, so she wants some quiet time. get the word out so no one comes.

btw, luigi 2v2 was top tier. most fun i had playing smash in awhile. ka is a beast.

Afro Justin said:
I want to play anyone who is good, because from what i can tell there is better competition here than there.
hahahaha. you're a funny guy. :laugh:

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... I'll try to play him. I'm not looking forward to moving from CA to WA, but I do look forward to more competitive smashers... heh. I guess I have to wait a few months though. Approximately 10 weeks until I move.

Oh, hey. If for some reason any of you guys are coming down to the bay area over the summer, hit me up to play. That way I can own you even sooner. Hahaha... I hope not. Best case scenario is me getting owned. That way, I have more incentive to improve.

jrta

Smash Ace
Yagi said:
just to let everyone know, i can NOT have a smashfest this week. Sheena just had her baby, so she wants some quiet time. get the word out so no one comes.
Congrats Josh, hope everything is well.

And to Afro, there is way more competition in norcal than there is in washington.

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Exactly.... All I need to do is practice with Lunin and Spectre and then I will go up and be number 1 in Washington. Hahaha, I wish...

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
so he can play you and ask whos bowser is better.

dont you deny it gimpy!

Afro Justin

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha... I feel so used! I don't know Arash, but I'll see if I can't figure out how to get in some smash with him while I'm still a Norcal smasher. It's sad when I can move to another state and raise the level of smash in both... Hahaha. I'm just messing with ya, California will miss me. Heh... (don't mind the arrogance too much, it's just to spice things up. What fun is being modest?!)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well of course thats why LOL why else?

i'll HOPEFULLY be playing arash personally in a couple of weeks, how tight are those vids gonna be lol ;)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
that seems to have fallen through unfortunately theres no time where we all have available lol...

but seriously though... it'll be cool... i promise.

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Gogogogo!
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1466398#post1466398

Edit:

Also, please note there is no smashfest this weekend! I know that's weird guys, but we aren't moved in 100% yet, Henry has guests from out of town in, and Josh just had a Lily, so unless you've specifically talked to me about this weekend, you should find another activity! I'm really sorry and I hope that doesn't ruin anybody's night, but it's just the way things are. That's why we're having a smashfest next weekend. Hopefully it will be a good one.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
If there is a smashfest next Friday I won't be able to go because of work so I just wanted to say to chris/blair/link/josh/whoever else fun to practice with,that wants to play during the day of any day of the week besides tuesday to call me @ (206) 595-3553 and I'll come over and play smash with you for a few hours, or if anyone wants to come visit me thats also very(even more) acceptable. So just call me anytime and I'll come play anytime so long as i am not working.

I have high interest in getting better than I am and it only comes from getting beat by you guys I've noticed so please more of that as much as possible haha.

I might, how much is it and do you have to pre-register or anything, I dont really wanna look into it myself, and Tori, I would be able to get in on you going somewhere during the week to smash right? I also need to get better.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Gah, I actually am rather interested in a potential ride down to this. I am already commited to go white river rafting this weekend, but that MIGHT change if my buddy Dennis can't go. I'll find out later today.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Preregistration isn't required by MLG since you can register at the door. Entry fee to SSBM tournaments is $20 for singles and $20 for a team of two in doubles.

The only cost for the ride is that I ask everyone to help pay for gas which means the more people that go the cheaper it is for everyone. If I can get four more people to go, it could be as little as $60 for a round trip down to SoCal.

okay cool, now it all depends if tori can get those days off work and stuff. keep a seat open for me too, ill most likely be able to go, ill tell when im sure i can or cant though so dont stress. If i go to this, i cant afford to go to tang AND canada so i might not see you guys at tang. but theres a chance i can get more $. I will help with gas, mainly because i have to though. thanks. Is anyone else from WA gonna be at MLG anahiem?

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
I dont think that i'll be able to make it but im not sure about everyone else.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I have a really empty summer schedule, so maybe I should smash with Tori more often.

I'm certainly not heading down to MLG Anaheim though.
Good Luck to those who are going.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
--Japan Update--

IKKI decided to hold monthly tournaments until SSBB comes out. The Final Showdown!!
The first tourney will be held 7/23. 48 entrance Max.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
dont worry about it gimpy cause it would be odd if i write my stuff in their thread. ill keep writing japan news in this thread =p

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
This is SKYPAL community thread, house thread is special for smashfests, etc. specific to the Henry/Blair/Myself household.

And just to avoid confusion, I'm crossposting our flight information for OC2. Get your tickets soon, they'll go up. Ours were 321 each, after fees, etc..

Flight: United flight 495 on a Boeing 757-200 Jet
Depart: Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA) - Mon, Aug 14 at 12:10pm
Arrive: Los Angeles, CA (LAX) - Mon, Aug 14 at 2:45pm

Airline Logo Flight: Alaska Airlines flight 537 on a Boeing 737-700 Jet
Depart: Los Angeles, CA (LAX) - Sat, Aug 19 at 9:44pm
Arrive: Seattle/Tacoma, WA (SEA) - Sun, Aug 20 at 12:09am

The first flight only has a handful of seats left (I didn't know this until the very end, or else I might have picked a different flight) so get yours quickly if you want to be on the same plane out there. If you don't get it, don't worry, as there is another for the same price an hour and a half later. Blair and I have seats 30A, 30C for the first flight, 14D, 14F for the second.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
nealdt said:
ATTENTION ALL REGISTERED PLAYERS:

We recently sent out confirmation emails to everyone who has registered. This is to ensure that everyone on our list has a legitimate interest in playing at 0C2, and isn't just a fake name with a fake email that's taking up someone's spot. These emails were sent to the addresses provided when you registered. Simply follow the instructions in the email to confirm your registration.

Please PM me if you do not know the email address you registered with, or if you are for some reason unable to check your email.

Unfortunately, the folllowing people provided invalid email addresses and have not received a confirmation email. If you are in the list below, you must PM, email (oc2.reg@gmail.com), or AIM me with a valid email address so I can send you a new confirmation email. This is not optional. Anyone who shows up to 0C2 without confirming their registration wil be denied entrance.

Invalid email addresses:
Justpha
Azn Lep
Meganova
BaleFireBoy
ErG
Level 9 Fox
Mr. E
Nite
Mr P BoDy
yangfushang
BoB
Trakera
John Smith
Zelgadis

You have 14 days to confirm your registration through the above methods. Be sure you look for your friends and let them know if you see them in this list!
Jeff you better read this or else you wont be able to attend OC2z

Top Bottom