• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skynet Gaming Smash Bros. Brawl West Michigan

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Loooooool Ori is on top of "OMFG WUVS HAS A CAR" post.
If we can actually fill up my van (regardless if I have money to enter or not), I think I'll go to this as long as Ori and I can plan this properly @_@ Lol.
I can fit 7 (including me) so overall I see Me, Ori, Roller, and Tech. Need 2 more (3 more if someone wants to get in the trunk. Jk >_<; Bad joke.)
And Ori, we'll need to talk timing and all that other stuff. Maybe even have a Smashfest at your house the day before so everyone is right there, ready to go. My van is "eh" on gas since it wasn't taken care of previously.
We'll figure something out :o

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Fishnax is this going to be only singles? I think it would be better if it was only singles since its a Sunday and most people have work/class on Monday :x

Roller

Smash Legend
LLLLLLLLL

btw, it has been brought to my attention that this is REVENGE weekend. I'm definitely going to REVENGE now, and I know Tech will be as well. I am still willing to go to this however, as WTP will be driving back Saturday night. So I'd be ready to go early Sunday Morning. Idk if Tech is/was planning on doing the same or didn't realize, but I just thought I'd bring this to people's attention.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh shi- I didn't realize.

Well, Gifts can't go to Revenge anymore so unless WTP drives me I can't go. Then again WTP usually drives me when I need a spot in a car so who knows. I'll have to see. If I can't go to Revenge, then I'll be here.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I haven't responded in a while but yes it WILL be singles. Doubles may be played after depending on how many people are up to it. I'm trying to bump admission down to $5 as well. Also, things are finally starting to take off. Mike and a few of his friends are going to start attending which will help us grow. Starting tomorrow my friend and I will be posting flyers all around the CC and GVSU campus to get any other players whether they be casual or competitive.

Roller

Smash Legend
if it was $5, would only half still go to the pot? Speaking for East MI as a whole, we would prefer at least $5 from each person going into the pot. If that is what you meant by cutting it to $5. (Essentially cutting out a venue fee) then that would be awesome!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Low chance of Dubs? Suddenly I am hesitant to go. Less Mario, more Fox, I guess.

This is tentative 'cause I may be too hungover. 19th is my 21st, after all.

As for pulling a Ludington, I have no idea who you fought, Roller.

But I want you to fight them again.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
yeah i'd like to cut out venue fees. A $5 admission will definitely bring in more casual players. I think we could sacrific a dollar or so to venue if need be, since the extra players will make up for it.

Roller

Smash Legend
Low chance of Dubs? Suddenly I am hesitant to go. Less Mario, more Fox, I guess.

This is tentative 'cause I may be too hungover. 19th is my 21st, after all.

As for pulling a Ludington, I have no idea who you fought, Roller.

But I want you to fight them again.
I actually think Tech was originally referring to me chaingrabbing the heck out of all the new players that challenged me. But I'll play whoever over there with MK, lol

rsr2

Smash Lord
Okay so I talked to a couple of my friends and they are down to go. So that means more free money for roller :D

Also one of my friends that recently moved to GR is going. He is a mad **** talker so it will be great to see you guys 3 stock him > : D

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I actually think Tech was originally referring to me chaingrabbing the heck out of all the new players that challenged me. But I'll play whoever over there with MK, lol
There were many things done that day that could be referred to.

Play :ganondorf: before the tournament.

And during.

Still win.

lain

Smash Master
why is half the pot going to the store/being pocketed by you? instate a venue fee so the pot would actually be worth travelling 3 hours to LOL

Roller

Smash Legend
Will, it's basically a $5 entry fee tourney. Which we've been using in MI for smaller tourneys. Although I would agree.

+1 for $10 Entry fee (not including venue fee)

I'm down to come either way, but some Eastern MI people have indeed been telling me that the fact it's only $5 per person in the pot is detering them. I also understand that locals would probably prefer 5. HOWEVER if you are able to drop the venue fee component from it (like you said you may be able to) and keep it at $10 all into the pot. That would probably be ideal imo.

Could wind up getting a few more east MI people out of it, and I havea feeling west MI people will be willing to pay the (at most $5) extra for the novelty of a legit tourney experience.

On the otherother hand. Then Lain might come. And we all lose our money. hmmmm...

Also. Shoutouts to :dkbrawl:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey Fishnax any word on housing? Knowing if we can get free housing saturday night would be fantastic.

:phone:

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
I'll be going in tomorrow to talk about the admission fee. Hopefully they'll be able to put a little less towards the venue fee and more towards the pot I don't see too much of a problem there. As for housing I'm going to work towards having people over at my house or one of my friends houses nearby. I'll get back to you on that as soon as I find out. Both of these concerns should be resolved soon. ^^

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Uhh fishnax the 20th is a Sunday, and Oblivion and most of us have classes monday :o

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
Change the price section to differentiate between the venue fee and the tournament fee. So it should say Venue: $5 and Tournament: $5.

Keep the tournament entry at $5. At $5 more people may enter. Changing it to $10 will not bring any more East MI players, despite what people say.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ori, if you go Saturday night, I literally can not come. It's cool if you guys decide you would need to, just letting you know. 'cause I'm going to Revenge on Saturday, and wont be back until probably around like 3am.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
I would like to make the admission $5. Separating the two fee's seems pretty beneficial I'll see what I can do, but there's nothing I can do as for the date and time. It's really hard coordinating something I'm not in charge of haha

rsr2

Smash Lord
Is that tourney at Wargames North :D

Also Tech and Roller, my friend is an Olimar Main. Now if only L_Cancel would go.

Hmmmm.

Top Bottom