• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skynet Gaming Smash Bros. Brawl West Michigan

Syrensilly

Smash Cadet
Did anyone claim wearing antlers and being tied to the roof yet? ;) I really hope you guys get all the car space worked out.
Before I forget, I'm going to assume that someone in the cars will have a cell phone. If you get lost, Skynet's phone number is (616) 776-1287. There should be staff to answer the phone by 10am. If I have to I don't mind driving somewhere local to help lead you guys in.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
All of us have cell phones so no worries there. And we'll have everything resolved before the weekend so I'm not concerned. I have been anticipating this for a while now....very much hyped for this event.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I can't wait to see my West Michigan guys that I havent seen since Backstage last October. Lordyyyyyyy

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hey I know everything is basically set in stone for the current ride situation but Roller brought up a good point to me on skype.

I have been in on this Skynet carpool since the beginning. I know that Gifts is the driver and what not and who is in is his decision, but look at whose in the carpool.

- Tech - one of the original people intending to go
- Tutu - another one of the original people intending to go
- Roller - one of the original people intending to go
- Ryuuts - decided to go last minute and has priority over everyone
- Gifts - driver
- Gio - decided he would go 2 days ago.

Got the Rizk sized ****
- me - one of the original people intending to go.

I don't understand why someone who decided to go 2 days ago trumps someone who has been trying hard to help organize how we can get out here to show support. I know this comes off as a bit *****y, but it ****ing sucks that I'm getting the **** and i've planned on going to this since the tourney thread was created.

We all knew someone was going to get the **** once we learned Ryuts somehow became less broke. I honestly thought it would be someone who was at the end of the line that would be shut down, not someone at the front >_>;

Roller

Smash Legend
Seriously tho, Ori's post. I agree that he should not be the one kicked out. It's up to Gifts ultimately, but Ori's points are valid and should be taken into consideration.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hey I know everything is basically set in stone for the current ride situation but Roller brought up a good point to me on skype.

I have been in on this Skynet carpool since the beginning. I know that Gifts is the driver and what not and who is in is his decision, but look at whose in the carpool.

- Tech - one of the original people intending to go
- Tutu - another one of the original people intending to go
- Roller - one of the original people intending to go
- Ryuuts - decided to go last minute and has priority over everyone
- Gifts - driver
- Gio - decided he would go 2 days ago.

Got the Rizk sized ****
- me - one of the original people intending to go.

I don't understand why someone who decided to go 2 days ago trumps someone who has been trying hard to help organize how we can get out here to show support. I know this comes off as a bit *****y, but it ****ing sucks that I'm getting the **** and i've planned on going to this since the tourney thread was created.

We all knew someone was going to get the **** once we learned Ryuts somehow became less broke. I honestly thought it would be someone who was at the end of the line that would be shut down, not someone at the front >_>;
Bump for Ori. I have no say in the matter, but that's pretty ****ty, guys :c

ZTD | TECHnology

This isn't any ONE person's fault. No one is really to blame because the fact is, no one has rights to Gifts' car besides him. Who he decides gets priority is entirely up to him. The amount of people who wanted to go was larger than the capacity of the vehicle....someone was not getting a ride. Yes, it sucks because only one person is "getting the ****" but it could not be helped. It doesn't matter about who came in at what point. Unless the driver explicitly stated "Yo, you are GUARANTEED a spot in my car" then it doesn't matter. Like it's a really ****ty situation and I hate it had to happen like thi but it is what it is.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Agreed it sucks for everyone but I saw ori getting the **** first if this situation came up.

Refer to Wuvs vs Gifts dispute about coaching.

And ill say this before anything else that's why I would think ori would be first out of the car I have no idea what reasons gifts has for his choice and it was his choice to make I know Van would get first pick in my car(if I had one and he didnt) no matter if he was first to want to go or he decided like 2 days before

ZTD | TECHnology

Agreed it sucks for everyone but I saw ori getting the **** first if this situation came up.

Refer to Wuvs vs Gifts dispute about coaching.
Do not bring that up. That's only going to make an already touchy subject even more volatile. That's in the past.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I just saw this and i realized "damn, i live in Grand Rapids."

are the sign-ups still going on? anyone need housing? this is literally 10-15 minutes away from my house.

edit: I'm a dedicated Smash 64 player but i can suffice and play some Brawl.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ Yoooooo. You play 64? You and Gio will get along then.

I don't believe we need housing, however that's generous of you to put that out there.

Oh.

So like...B-Dubs. Or some bar + grill place...emphasis on the bar. We need to do that.

:yeahboi:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ironically, i also know Ori a bit from seeing him poke around in Dgames, where i mostly hang nowadays.
i will attempt to show up, 10 bucks is manageable and it's an easy drive, if i don't make it i'll definitely be kicking myself, i just don't know how good i'll do mostly because i haven't played brawl in ages...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
DRDN whats in the past is in the past and I hope Kyle doesn't hold any grudges :urg:

As upsetting as it is to be the only one to get ****ed out, it might be better. Fortune could be on my side I am like 80% certain that I can now get a ride to this.

What was making my Mom's car unavailable was that she needed it since she had work sunday. The reason i may make this now are that her 2/3 clients cancelled sunday so chances are looking good.

I also might be bringing Ham along since he is interested in going to his first tourney since maybe LOLIS EX and he wants to see L_Cancel again lol.

Hi Soupa! I've definitely seen you around the Dgames forum haha it will cool to meet you :p

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Hypeee <3 luv it

If any of you guys have questions or need help getting anywhere or something just txt/call.
Skynet's number: 1616-776-1287
Me: 616-406-5561

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
So I'm not making it. No funds and stuff. Hell, my car had a flat today. It's forcing my hand when it comes to spending all my money(which is non-existent. I have enough for the tournament but no gas money). This really bites 'cause East MI is coming out and I should, by all rights, be able to make it, and yet... well, here we are.

Y'all better have fun. Like, loads of it. And have a drink for me if you're in on Saturday night. I know if Tech is there, that's almost a given, but hey.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I'm not making it. No funds and stuff. Hell, my car had a flat today. It's forcing my hand when it comes to spending all my money(which is non-existent. I have enough for the tournament but no gas money). This really bites 'cause East MI is coming out and I should, by all rights, be able to make it, and yet... well, here we are.

Y'all better have fun. Like, loads of it. And have a drink for me if you're in on Saturday night. I know if Tech is there, that's almost a given, but hey.

Damn son, sorry to hear you can't make it out :( I'll get a little more crunk in your honor.

:yeahboi:

Syrensilly

Smash Cadet
I was talking to Chase about the possibility of streaming/recording. We will have to see if the tech gods agree tomorrow.

I know a few people were talking about bringing setups, even if we end up with too many for tourney use we could also set them up as practice spaces.

Reminder, it's going to be $10 at the door for anyone that didn't pre-register.
Signups start at 11, we will be in there by 10 getting the venue opened up and can give last minute directions if you are lost. Again Skynet Gaming (616) 776-1287

Skynet Gaming is located about 1.5 miles off I96 at exit 33 (Plainfield Ave) Those coming from 131/lakeshore side will turn right onto Plainfield from the exit. Coming from Lansing, it's a left onto Plainfield. It will be on the right hand side on the back side of a strip mall, tho there is a roadside sign. If you pass 5 mile, you have gone too far. There is also a fire station across the street from the strip mall.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yo Kool Ori_bro is back in this >:] I'm ready to have a ****ing awesome time. As far as streaming is concerned, I have accounts on all stream websites and we can use them. Lordy and I can convert my setup to be both recording and stream if need be.

Top Bottom