• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull Kid; The Lost Puppet - Assist Trophy status confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I want him, but only if he's wearing Majora's Mask.

Otherwise he's just an average scarecrow peasant fairy boy. Only saying that cause theres actually a large number of people I've seen who would prefer his twilight princess, or ocarina look. The evil powerfull mask in contrast with weak innocent skull kid is what makes him so creepy and why he was such a perfect villain in Majora's Mask.

man I love that game.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Damn yes I support this. No news about its popularity or chances?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's a shame that an interesting character like him has such a low chance. His best shot was in Melee. It's seems too late now. :(

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Let's just hope Nintendo is already working on the remake, if they announced it on the E3 since Smash Bros will take a long development the chances would be quite big.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He'd be my choice for a new Zelda rep. And given that Skull Kid has been in three Zelda games, one of which he was given the role of main antagonist. The other two he had decent roles in those two. I think his chances are a little better than say, Zant or Ghriahim(might have mis-spelled his name). Both of them only showing up in one game. The only real threat to Skull Kid, would be Vaati. Since Vaati has had more major roles compared to Skull Kid.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He'd be my choice for a new Zelda rep. And given that Skull Kid has been in three Zelda games, one of which he was given the role of main antagonist. The other two he had decent roles in those two. I think his chances are a little better than say, Zant or Ghriahim(might have mis-spelled his name). Both of them only showing up in one game. The only real threat to Skull Kid, would be Vaati. Since Vaati has had more major roles compared to Skull Kid.
Zant, Midna, Skull Kid and Vaati lost their chance with Brawl. Ghirahim and Tingle are the only two likely newcomers left.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Zant, Midna, Skull Kid and Vaati lost their chance with Brawl. Ghirahim and Tingle are the only two likely newcomers left.
Pretty much, though I wouldn't even classify them as "likely" at this point, more just "possible". I'd also throw Toon Zelda (with or without Tetra) in with them though, considering she has made a few relatively important appearances (which is a big deal in the Zelda series), including the upcoming remake of WW, and the fact that she was planned for Brawl (Sakurai often likes to revisit his ideas).

Not a probability, but a possibility, I'd say.

But yeah, even with a remake of MM, Skull Kid still wouldn't amount to more than an AT. :ohwell:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Skull Kid has been my number 1 most wanted character since Smash 4 was announced. I love Majora's Mask to death and I would totally main as Skull Kid. With the remake and Nintendo being publicly aware of Operation Moonfall, I honestly believe Skull Kid has a good chance to be in the game. He'd be way better than "one game wonders" like Zant or Ghirahim.

I'll never lose hope until the full roster is revealed. Hey, if frickin' R.O.B. can get into Brawl, anything's possible.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why do people keep thinking there's a Majora's Mask remake on the way? There is no evidence to support that theory!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well the fact that Nintendo asked if we wanted to see it, an ALttP remake, or a new 3DS Zelda game means it was at least under consideration at one point. Plus Aonuma and Miyamoto have both acknowledged the demand for it. But yeah, nothing official.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Sakurai seemed pretty adamant about having toon link represented in brawl. That makes 5 characters if you consider zelda/shiek as two (or if impa takes shiek's place). Sakurai would be pretty harsh when selecting characters from a franchise that has that many character. Though, I think skull kid would be way cool.

The thing is the Skull Kid everyone wants (Majora's Mask) only showed up in one game too.

He would be nice, he really would, and I would like to see him. But that game was 13 years ago and the best chance of him making it is if they actually do a Majora's Mask 3D or HD.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a shame that an interesting character like him has such a low chance. His best shot was in Melee. It's seems too late now. :(
He'd be better for Melee than Sheik, that's for sure.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Who knows? Maybe there's a Majora's Mask 3D announcement cooking up for E3 this year. And maybe the Smash 4 trailer will be shown right after that, having Skull Kid as one of the first newcomers.

But... this is all wishful thinking.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Who knows? Maybe there's a Majora's Mask 3D announcement cooking up for E3 this year. And maybe the Smash 4 trailer will be shown right after that, having Skull Kid as one of the first newcomers.
I recall that Nintendo had made it clear that they will first release an original 3DS title before making an MM remake.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
I recall that Nintendo had made it clear that they will first release an original 3DS title before making an MM remake.
Oh yeah, I think I read that too. At least they know we want a Majora's Mask 3D

volbound1700

Smash Master
I really want him as well. My favorite new character option for Zelda but I don't see it happening unfortunately. We can continue to put up the good fight though, maybe Smash 5.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I really want skull kid but i know his chances are slim. I just hope that even if he doesn't make it into the roster that he will be recognized as a fan favorite. if he was an assist trophy that ran up to a single character and turned them into a different character id love that. it would be such a skull kid thing to do and would be so flipping funny.

could you imagine activating him and then being like oh **** its skull kid! the next thing you know youre jigglypuff. hahahhaa

volbound1700

Smash Master
Jak that would be a hilarious AT but not sure if Skull Kid would be the one to do it. He could turn you into a Deku lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A better job as an AT would be to make him crash the moon onto the stage.

Credit to FastBlade.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Jak that would be a hilarious AT but not sure if Skull Kid would be the one to do it. He could turn you into a Deku lol.
It might not be as crazy as it sounds though. skull kids powers werent limited to just dekus as shown by the case of kafei. with the mask he can do a bunch of crazy crap. so its justifiable to say that that would be in his character because it would be a pretty funny prank to trap players in the body of someone else. and as tingle showed in brawl if it relates to the character and works with the mechanics of the game why not. at least i cant remember tingle casting curry effects on people in his games.

with that being said, calling down the moon would be the first thing everyone thinks of and would be the most likely thing to happen. but hey, its just a theory.

but if he became a playable character id give him this move set:
---------------------------------------------------------------
(up B)- moon's tear, he jumps up into the air and calls down a moons tear to crash into the stage. it can also be picked up and used as an item.
(B)- poison darts, plays a song to load up darts then shoots them all out.
(side B)- fairys and flip, the fairies attack/block the target in one direction while skull back flips and disappears in the other direction. (ref LozOoT)
(down B)- jinx, skull kid changes the target into a different character. the effects wear off based on how long he let it charge like wario's gas. it should be hard to pull off like jigglys rest move.

(A attacks)- would reference slapping the fairy, poe's lantern, and the creepy black/purple stuff that comes off his face when he casts magic.

Final Smash- summon the moon
---------------------------------------------------------------
He would act as a chaotic magic user. hed throw his opponents off balance by changing who they are and have moves to help him keep his distance. especially fairys and flip which has the sole purpose of pushing him apart from the opponent.

im not a complete fan of this but its hard to make a workable and referable move set with what we have. moons tear is a move that bugs me, because he never actually called it down. but if references the mood of the game and makes it feel like the moon is above the stage. (its fanboy logic i know, its still a work in progress)

Vaati

Smash Rookie
Totally support this. We have even Toon Link but we can't have Skull Kid?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Totally support this. We have even Toon Link but we can't have Skull Kid?
To be perfectly fair, Skull Kid hasn't been important in years. Toon Link is still pretty big.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Consittering the Wind Waker Remake, Toon Link is still very much alive. Still, Skull Kid will always have a spot on my wishlist.

\/

volbound1700

Smash Master
I find it funny people always talk about whether a character is relevant or important now, how relevant was ROB, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Pit, Mr. Game & Watch, or some of the other characters when they were added to the game.

Vaati

Smash Rookie
To be perfectly fair, Skull Kid hasn't been important in years. Toon Link is still pretty big.
Yea, but do we really need two Links? As a Zelda fan I don't think so... at this point we could add the aLttP Link too... just add one, I don't want two identical characters. Altough, adding other characters from the Zelda games would be very cool. Vaati, Ghirahim, Tingle, Midna, Skull Kid... there are a ton.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I find it funny people always talk about whether a character is relevant or important now, how relevant was ROB, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Pit, Mr. Game & Watch, or some of the other characters when they were added to the game.
Well those characters have different reasons for being in. ROB and G&W are in as historical characters. Pit and Ice Climbers are in as retro. Jigglypuff was and still is a popular Pokemon in Japan.

If you want to talk relevancy, Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is irrelevant to anything Zelda besides the game he appears in.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Skull Kid is retro :)
How so? I'm not so sure that N64 is considered retro just yet, and even then that would be grasping for straws to give him reason to be in. He would have to compete with Takamaru or another retro rep that might be requested, along with Ghirahim and Tingle for Zelda anyway.

Without a Majoras Mask remake, he has VERY little chance.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Skull Kid was in 3 of the biggest Zelda titles ever: Ocarina, Majora, and Twilight, compared that with the other Zelda characters. He also played important role in all three games.

Tingle: Missed out on Ocarina and Twilight
Ghirahim: Only in Skyward Sword which was a dissappointment market-wise compared to other Zelda 3D titles
Vaati: Mostly appeared in weaker selling handheld or Gamecube Zelda titles.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Skull Kid was in 3 of the biggest Zelda titles ever: Ocarina, Majora, and Twilight, compared that with the other Zelda characters. He also played important role in all three games.

Ghirahim: Only in Skyward Sword which was a dissappointment market-wise compared to other Zelda 3D titles
The Skull Kid you are proposing to appear in Smash Bros. appeared in ONE game, which was Majoras Mask.

Not to mention, Nintendo is NOT going to market/advertise a character that isn't recent and is obscure. That would be like a car company advertising a 10 year old edition of a car. It doesn't happen.

Not to be down on Skull Kid, but to expect him is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

1. Sales do not matter.
2. Skull Kid had little to no role in OoT and had barely any role in TP.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not really. If he was included it would be due to MM, not OoT or TP.

Tingle: Has his own sub-series in Zelda, more appearances than Skull Kid, more popular than Skull Kid in Japan
Ghirahim: Recent major appearance, more popular than Skull Kid currently. If SK didn't get in for Melee or Brawl, he won't get in without a new appearance since then.
Vaati: Primary antagonist of multiple Zelda games, as opposed to Skull Kid's one (and two minor appearances).

(I don't think Ghirahim or Vaati have very good chances either, but at this point they have more going for them than Skull Kid)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not every character has to be playable. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an AT, but I wouldn't agree with anything more than that.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Vaati's games were not very popular. Legend of Zelda 4 Swords Adventures is the worse selling game of the Zelda series.

Skysword Sword was the worse selling of the major 3D Zelda console releases. It was behind Ocarina, Twilight, Majora, and Windwaker.

Under the recent logic, I guess we should cut Ganondorf and Sheik as well since they haven't been recent. Also if you want to step outside of LoZ series, why not cut Marth from FE because he is no longer relevant. I don't really think it works that way.

Tingle maybe a good point but his absence from major Zelda titles in recent history does speak volumes.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Vaati's games were not very popular. Legend of Zelda 4 Swords Adventures is the worse selling game of the Zelda series.

Skysword Sword was the worse selling of the major 3D Zelda console releases. It was behind Ocarina, Twilight, Majora, and Windwaker.

Under the recent logic, I guess we should cut Ganondorf and Sheik as well since they haven't been recent. Also if you want to step outside of LoZ series, why not cut Marth from FE because he is no longer relevant. I don't really think it works that way.

Tingle maybe a good point but his absence from major Zelda titles in recent history does speak volumes.
You're comparing a one shot character to main characters of a series. That doesn't make sense.

OoT has been re-released, so it IS recent. Marth is the mascot of FE and appeared in Awakening anyway.

Skull Kid is not NEARLY as important as you make him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom