• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull Kid; The Lost Puppet - Assist Trophy status confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its over hes not going to be playable hes confirmed as a assist trophy

But atleast hes in thats the important part and he looks fantasic can't wait to see his power in the game

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I am incredibly pleased with how his status turned out. Despite being the 'main villain' of the most poetic Zelda game ever, he is nowhere near significant enough, at least I think, to warrant playable character status. This is a great win/win for all of us.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Can people stop coming in here and saying how this is all Skull Kid deserved? No, this isn't a win/win. Go **** yourself. Is it going to be a thing now when a character is disconfirmed to go into the support thread and talk about how the character never deserved in, etc.?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well a he is character that only had one significant role a long time ago in a series full of other characters that are either A) new and fresh to the series like Ghirahim, or B) have had multiple significant roles like Tingle.

Not that I think Ghirahim or Tingle will be playable characters, but I think they had a greater chance than Skull Kid ever did.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I'm a bit disappointed, but at least that his model looks amazing.

Thought with all the majora mask support for the 3DS and always present questions for it that happened in almost every interview for link between worlds, he might have had a real chance...but nope.

Going to be really disappointed if we get a toon zelda clone.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys, let the fans have their peace. You wouldn't walk into a funeral procession and start going on about how the deceased was a deadbeat and deserved what they got. Leave them be.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah well, if nothing else, we can watch Skull Kid use the Moon to Smash whatever characters we hate. That's worth the price of admission alone.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
That's what I'm hoping for, the angry moon! Or the mask turning into the other forms and attacking other players, I like both and i'm pretty sure those are his only options so yay

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Guys, let the fans have their peace. You wouldn't walk into a funeral procession and start going on about how the deceased was a deadbeat and deserved what they got. Leave them be.
You are right... We will never be as good as the Westboro Church is at funeral protests. :troll:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe when Skull Kid comes to assist, the moon starts to come down. There is a time limit of 30 seconds.

If the moon comes down, everyone loses a stock. BUT...

...if one player is knocked out, this sacrifice makes the moon shoot backwards from where it came until it disappears rendering it harmless.

Thus it encourages players to team up against the guy with the highest percentage to save their own hides.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Can people stop coming in here and saying how this is all Skull Kid deserved? No, this isn't a win/win. Go **** yourself. Is it going to be a thing now when a character is disconfirmed to go into the support thread and talk about how the character never deserved in, etc.?

Come now. The big reason we want our favorite characters playable is to be recognized in the Nintendo Hall of Fame game, not necessarily every fan wants to play every character they like. A lot of people wanted this exact outcome.
(Better than not appearing once like Geno in Brawl)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Come now. The big reason we want our favorite characters playable is to be recognized in the Nintendo Hall of Fame game, not necessarily every fan wants to play every character they like. A lot of people wanted this exact outcome.
(Better than not appearing once like Geno in Brawl)
I am incredibly pleased with how his status turned out. Despite being the 'main villain' of the most poetic Zelda game ever, he is nowhere near significant enough, at least I think, to warrant playable character status. This is a great win/win for all of us.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Skull Kid doesn't use the moon I will be thoroughly disappointed.
But it looks like that's what he's doing.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Does anyone else feel like this was in direct response to that fan poll that went on a while back? Maybe not, I know there's popularity elsewhere with how Majora's Mask is often brought up lately... but especially how Sakurai showed him and reiterated that he wasn't playable. Just my thoughts anyway. Because if that is what actually happened, that is great to see that he is taking note of the fans in the west. Skull Kid isn't the best choice for the roster overall and with the vast library of Zelda characters, I'm thrilled that he's an assist trophy.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Does anyone else feel like this was in direct response to that fan poll that went on a while back? Maybe not, I know there's popularity elsewhere with how Majora's Mask is often brought up lately... but especially how Sakurai showed him and reiterated that he wasn't playable. Just my thoughts anyway. Because if that is what actually happened, that is great to see that he is taking note of the fans in the west. Skull Kid isn't the best choice for the roster overall and with the vast library of Zelda characters, I'm thrilled that he's an assist trophy.
Yeah maybe, he was the most noted in the poll, then Sakurai checked each character (in the poll) to see which position they will be in the game. And probably he found it best for Skull Kid to be an AT.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is it just me or are people acting like Skull Kid was an actual contender now? Before today you probably would've got laughed at for suggesting him. Sure it's nice to give condolences to the supporters, but just wait until a character that actually was thought to have a shot gets deconfirmed, that's when your well wishes will come most in handy.

The reason no one seems too upset about this is because no one was really banking that hard on his inclusion in the first place.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
His model does look nice though. I scrolled down to the character squares to see if he had a colored block.

Morbi

Scavenger
Is it just me or are people acting like Skull Kid was an actual contender now? Before today you probably would've got laughed at for suggesting him. Sure it's nice to give condolences to the supporters, but just wait until a character that actually was thought to have a shot gets deconfirmed, that's when your well wishes will come most in handy.

The reason no one seems too upset about this is because no one was really banking that hard on his inclusion in the first place.
Yeah, I mean... when Ridley gets de-confirmed they will need all the help they can get. :awesome:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Oh N3ON, if only you knew....

Tumblr for one has become quite the ranting field in terms of Skull Kid with a few people. Guess there are actually a few people who were seriously expecting him...

Morbi

Scavenger
Probably... apparently... yes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh N3ON, if only you knew....

Tumblr for one has become quite the ranting field in terms of Skull Kid with a few people. Guess there are actually a few people who were seriously expecting him...
Oh ofc, I just mean on here. Outside these walls it's a very scary place, where people actually expect multiple Sonic characters and additions of that caliber.

There will be similar reactions out there when characters like Ghirahim, Zoroark, and Rosalina get deconfirmed. :rolleyes:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Skull Kid was up there as a contender Pre-Brawl. Ridley is going to be the on that is going to crush many dreams yet again. He was a main contender pre-Brawl and is one of THE BIG contenders this time around, too.

I think the Ridley thread has the most number of pages for individual characters.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
There will be similar reactions out there when characters like Ghirahim, Zoroark, and Rosalina get deconfirmed. :rolleyes:
For Sakurai to have Zoroark as a Pokeball Pokemon would make me surprised that he didn't find his uniqueness and potential as a fighter. But I'm gonna have to wait patiently to see what his stance is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
For Sakurai to have Zoroark as a Pokeball Pokemon would make me surprised that he didn't find his uniqueness and potential as a fighter. But I'm gonna have to wait patiently to see what his stance.
I don't know why you think that. Zoroark would be a great contender for a Pokéball. He could come out disguised as the person who released him, confusing the opponent. Of course, Ditto could do the same.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've come to pay my respect to the Skull Kid supporters, but I'm glad he's an Assist Trophy. All Skull Kid wanted was friends. And he has you guys now. With that support, he's finally in Super Smash Bros. in some form. He's going to drop the moon still. He's become a staple of the Zelda series now, alongside Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Tingle, Toon Link and Young Link, who have all been featured as characters/ATs in Smash in some form. He looks gorgeous too! I mean, wow. He's also the first confirmed, and is even more likely now to be considered for the next Smash Bros.

So, I tip my top hat to you, and remember, you haven't met a terrible fate. You met a good one.

Also, just to point this out, they've been focusing on that mask lately, haven't they? Link Between Worlds, Smash 4, do you think we actually might see Majora's Mask for 3DS or Wii U sometime soon?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh ofc, I just mean on here. Outside these walls it's a very scary place, where people actually expect multiple Sonic characters and additions of that caliber.

Yeah, some people have really lost it by getting their hopes up for him. I can understand wanting him, but expecting him as some apparently put it out would obviously be setting yourself up for disappointment. I wonder if it has anything to do with that one silly poll where Skull Kid won.

D

Deleted member

Except that being unique doesn't help the fact Zoroark has frigging Mewtwo as competition.
Let alone competition among other veterans who would be fighting for a place at the proverbial table like Lucario and Jigglypuff.

Anyways, so what's the deal about threads for disconfirmed characters; will they still be around or is a "Graveyard" type of board going to be made?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Skull Kid was up there as a contender Pre-Brawl.
Yeah but back then characters like Midna, Vaati, and Toon Link still had more support than he did iirc. Tbh his chances pretty much came and went with Melee, not that he would've been included then anyway.

For Sakurai to have Zoroark as a Pokeball Pokemon would make me surprised that he didn't find his uniqueness and potential as a fighter. But I'm gonna have to wait patiently to see what his stance is.
The same thing was basically said last time about Deoxys. Not saying he couldn't work or be interesting as a fighter, but his time has also pretty much past, and while probably the most likely Pokemon newcomer, the veterans (including Mewtwo) will probably take the priority.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah but back then characters like Midna, Vaati, and Toon Link still had more support than he did iirc. Tbh his chances pretty much came and went with Melee, not that he would've been included then anyway.

The same thing was basically said last time about Deoxys. Not saying he couldn't work or be interesting as a fighter, but his time has also pretty much past, and while probably the most likely Pokemon newcomer, the veterans (including Mewtwo) will probably take the priority.
Now that you mentioned it, I'm real scared about Zoroark. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom