• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skull Kid; The Lost Puppet - Assist Trophy status confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Sorry Skull Kid did not make it as a character, but he is a Assist Trophy. He also appears to be a good assist aswell. I know a lot of us want a Majora's Mask remake, so with this and cameo appearance in Link Between Worlds, you guys have not meant with a terrible fate...

Honestly, I thought the new Zelda assist trophy would of been Ghirahim. Skull Kid deserves his spot, as he is one the most interesting and unique Zelda characters.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'm imagining the Project Weelee? The Wii U hacks for Smash Bros 4, I imagine a few of those would use Skull Kid's character model or any of the other assists if that happens really. I can see the future! Not really.

Does anyone else here think Skull Kid might replace Snorlax or work similarly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whenever someone says sorry, I feel they are being passive aggressive

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skull Kid should throw Deku Nuts to stun everyone first, and then crash the moon on everyone. Why should it be similar to Snorlax, if it can be similar to Olimar's Final Smash to?

Also, I vote Skull Kid as King of the Assist Trophies! And every Assist Trophy character, as painful as it may be, should be greeted by Skull Kid with 'You met a terrible fate, haven't you?'.

We shouldn't lose hope yet though. I mean, sure Skull Kid is deconfirmed now. But we don't know which characters from previous ATs will become playable, if any. So if say, Isaac becomes playable. I see support for Skull Kid skyrocketting.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
To be honest even with a Majora's Mask remake I don't see Skull Kid getting a playable spot, since the remakes are mostly just filler to keep us entertained while the actual new game is being developed. They're not high-profile games like Skyward Sword.

Now, if they made a full-on sequel like they did with A Link Between Worlds, then I can see Skull Kid making it in.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
What the hell are you talking about? LoZ:OoT 3D was way more high-profile than Skyward Sword. Were you watching television in the United States during their releases? Maybe you mean something besides high-profile. You seem to just be making a value claim about which games are more important.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What the hell are you talking about? LoZ:OoT 3D was way more high-profile than Skyward Sword. Were you watching television in the United States during their releases? Maybe you mean something besides high-profile. You seem to just be making a value claim about which games are more important.
I saw about the same amount of commercials for both of them.

Which was absolutely none...

But in the long run, comercials don't make a game high profile...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm imagining the Project Weelee? The Wii U hacks for Smash Bros 4, I imagine a few of those would use Skull Kid's character model or any of the other assists if that happens really. I can see the future! Not really.

Definitely an inevitability I look forward to. Still feeling it for the Skull Kid fandom, which I am definitely a part of, albeit not an active one.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You seem to be making a 'value claim' yourself with that anecdotal evidence there.
Dude, why are you so butt-hurt and confrontational, like, 24/7?
Besides, television is the stupid :O

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I suppose the only real consolation is that assist trophy status could potentially be a stepping stone towards becoming playable in future smash Bros games. Although not necessarily in Skull Kids case.

At the very least Skull Kid will now be introduced to people who otherwise wouldn't have known about him. That's better than nothing.

I'd love to play a remake of Majora's mask, never got a chance to play it. I was just listening to that "final day" music from the game. Atmospheric stuff, I actually felt like it was the end of the world.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Probably just in a bad mood due to the circumstances. I still think it's bull**** to come in here and argue against his inclusion. It wouldn't have been tolerated before he was disconfirmed. I don't understand why it's tolerated now. If anything, the mods are usually overzealous in stuff like that.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Probably just in a bad mood due to the circumstances. I still think it's bull**** to come in here and argue against his inclusion. It wouldn't have been tolerated before he was disconfirmed. I don't understand why it's tolerated now. If anything, the mods are usually overzealous in stuff like that.
You're frustrated at the graceless 'I told you so' bullplop that gets tossed around after something like this happens. I understand, but it doesn't have to affect you; You gotta be all zen and stuff mang, peace be with you.
That being said, I have never seen mods come into a character thread that I supported (namely, the Anna thread) and delete the criticisms of said character, nor would I want them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom