• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Steam

Smash Hero
as both a falco and Lucario user, I'd like to say brinstar totally bones falco against lucario. if the falco has any MU exp. I'd expect it to be banned.

if brinstar is banned I'd CP lylat over frigate

Tony T

Smash Ace
as both a falco and Lucario user, I'd like to say brinstar totally bones falco against lucario. if the falco has any MU exp. I'd expect it to be banned.
Ditto on that one. I main both Lucario and Falco as well so Falco can camp Lucario on that stage and omfg I hate Frigate and Norfair more than brinstar anyone that tries to pick that stage I ban that right away because oh lava coming towards you what does everyone try to do b-air or piviot grab you into it GG.
Argh still not good at explaining things.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
If it wasn't possible to switch to MK on Brinstar and autowin if you have any basic knowledge of the character, (and who doesn't?) then I might think CPing Brinstar was a good idea against anyone ever.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Then there's that :(
or snake and Wario which are also pretty bad against Luc on that stage
but then that would be the MK Lucario MU.

but then again, you can just go MK on that stage by the same coin and do MK DITTO TIEMZ YEEAYUH!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
If it wasn't possible to switch to MK on Brinstar and autowin if you have any basic knowledge of the character, (and who doesn't?) then I might think CPing Brinstar was a good idea against anyone ever.
This times one million

This is the reason I never bother cp'ing anything worse than Frigate. Everyone always feels the need to switch to MK and destroy us on Cruise, Brinstar, etc.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Don't take DDD to brinstar.

Lucario needs space to fight him, and brinstar limits lucario's movement.

Chaingrabs aren't really the worse part of the matchup
Back air is the worst part of the match up if you take DDD to brinstar.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
bair is the bane of my existence.

Crossups? Nadda, he just bairs

thinking about spacing? nope

save that double jump, 'cuz bair may not kill you, but you're going to take a lot of damage half the time you find yourself offstage.

half the time you can't even air dodge it unless you see it coming.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
if you airdodge through bair DDD will just turn around in the air and back air you.

or idunno, fair.

so dumb.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
ideo are you going to waba on saturday? If so Im sure alby could give you some expirence.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
just dont get grabbed deo. If you get CG, mash out as best you can. When he sends you off stage have a game plan rdy for how you use your second jump. Save it untill you rly need to use it. If possible try to recover as high as you can. Wall cling can be a godsend. Just make sure you dont cling for too long else you'll get bair'ed off.

Other than that, stay air borne. Spam AS, and when you get inside, jab, utilt, grab into a combo then get out and spam AS/Fair. Make sure fairs are well spaced. Use Fsmash wisely and do not be predictable with it. Also do not dair on a DDDs shield unless you wanna get utilt or grabbed.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Also If you know a DDD player likes to use dash attack for kill use down-B. I accidentally used it once and found out that it always works if they use a dash attack. Just a random tip.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
nah dont do that its too risky and situational.

NEVER use lucys Down b unless its against something very predictable that u know without a doubt itll land

if a ddd is dash attacking you out of a spot dodge your dead. If ddd dash attacks you and it hits your shield grab him/or fsmash and follow up

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
MK really ruins any chance of a good CP stage, against characters I'd love to take to brinstar or other crazy stages.

I've barely used double team, if at all. I consider it as a mix-up punisher at best, at worst it's a lagy counter that Ike can punish with Fsmash.

Tony T

Smash Ace
I'm working with the idea of using DT on blizzard, since it's guaranteed you'll hit at least one climber lol.
I tried that idea against BlueTerrorist and Cheeses IC's and it works but also when they do blizard you can d-air them too they don't have time to react when they use blizzard lol that works 95% of the time the other 5% can get you grabbed if you wait too long. I have alot of IC's experience so ask away anything that has to do with IC's.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
We already know that you can punish them with DT if they side b, I thought you guys knew it worked for DT as well, unless they desynch then yeah you getting hit with a smash attack.

Tony T

Smash Ace
We already know that you can punish them with DT if they side b, I thought you guys knew it worked for DT as well, unless they desynch then yeah you getting hit with a smash attack.
I knew it because I've been in alot of situations with IC's so I try to go with the best option without getting any damage. Also Double Team can punish Ikes and DK's u-smash because of their ending lag, mostly Ike than DK though because DK's u-smash ends alittle faster than Ike's does. Ike 95%, DK 90% of DT connecting.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I tried that idea against BlueTerrorist and Cheeses IC's and it works but also when they do blizard you can d-air them too they don't have time to react when they use blizzard lol that works 95% of the time the other 5% can get you grabbed if you wait too long. I have alot of IC's experience so ask away anything that has to do with IC's.
Does this work if IC are using blizzard in opposite directions?
Also you can punish some wind boxes with DT. Its never the best idea if you have time to space a fsmash correctly but it's funny to see the reaction on your opponents face if they didn't know.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
We're talking about IC's now right?

There's one thing about IC's and thats the Side-B hitbox. No one seems to avoid it, and that does rack up quite a bit of damage and allows them on stage, I know a well placed aurasphere helps against that move and so does a well placed UTilt. Do we have other options against this move or any strategies to use against said move?

Other things are how to deal with him, a general campyness strategy is what you should do, and always mix it up as 1 grab can equal death.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Ftilt the SideB it beats it.

and does what kita said.

dtilt should beat it to ircc

There's also hitting IC's off the ledge, which makes funny mindgames

As Lucario's FOWARD SMASH spaced only hits popo, and Lucario's DTILT only hits nana.

amazing mindgames when your oponent has to get bearings on which IC went off the ledge.

Tony T

Smash Ace
There's also hitting IC's off the ledge, which makes funny mindgames

As Lucario's FOWARD SMASH spaced only hits popo, and Lucario's DTILT only hits nana.

amazing mindgames when your oponent has to get bearings on which IC went off the ledge.
If you hit nana off the stage then popo will drop like a bowling ball and if you hit popo, nana will try to save him but keep nana away from popo and its over for him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would suggest trying to interrupt their tether recovery, but it's pretty hard for most characters to even do anything about it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If they are ever separated, go after Nana. Most people don't realize that if she's gone, then 95% of the ICs metagame gets destroyed. Plus she almost never attacks when separated, other than Ice Blocks while in midair. Just watch out for desynch shenanigans. Key thing is separating them though, lol...

And she's ******** enough to sometimes suicide or get your opponent killed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nana is invincible during their tether recovery. You would have to attack Popo. Problem is, it's hard to get him. Like, Marth can just Dolphin Slash Popo and cause a stage spike.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
If they are ever separated, go after Nana. Most people don't realize that if she's gone, then 95% of the ICs metagame gets destroyed. Plus she almost never attacks when separated, other than Ice Blocks while in midair. Just watch out for desynch shenanigans. Key thing is separating them though, lol...

And she's ******** enough to sometimes suicide or get your opponent killed.
To add onto this, don't go for just Nana unless like it's completely obvious. If they are separated keep them separated cause usually the player will be occupied on trying to get together with Nana and preventing you from attacking her. So go after the climber that is closest to you like how Ally did against Lain when he was using MK for that short period of time.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Beware the smart nanas that jump over charged dsmashes.

****ing ***** is a genius once in a blue moon.

Top Bottom