• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Noobslayers That (Almost) Always Work

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahhaha

my bad KK

i understand your sentiments, but those are their genuine attitudes for playing against noobs

i personally enjoy ****** them too and feeling myself and stuff

but it's really just a matter of if you wanna feel good about yourself or if you wanna help a brotha out

(usually if the noob tells me they want to get better, i will start genuinely helping them)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bleh whatever I don't care about their genuine sentiments the thread's been ruined and now it's no longer fun.

edit:

chok your perception of how I deal with people that legitimately want to get better is wildly inaccurate if you think I just feel myself vs bad players when they ask for help...

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Even if bad players don't want my help I still try to.

I dunno, it just bugs me when a person is bad. Doesn't give me any satisfaction if I win, because I know my skills weren't put to the test.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i didn't say you do that when they ask for help

i said its always fun to do that vs bad players

ILM

Smash Journeyman
Really, this thread could have really easily been simplified to two steps:

1. Pick Marth/Sheik
2. Grab

But points for depth, I guess.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
For Ness just djc bair spam or fair them if they are in the air. Cg them if they are a ff'er. Punish all missed techs with d-tilt. Or camp the edge and shieldgrab and throw them off the stage.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Link

Up B

Kirby

Down-B

Donkey Kong

Grab > Carry > jump off stage > throw to death

MewTwo

Nair spam

Pikachu!

Thunder spam

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"How To Effectively Troll Noobs and Make Most of Them Unwilling to Play This Game. A Thread by KirbyKaze." :)

That's what this seems to be turning into, anyways.

JoyousOne

Smash Cadet
Lulz, someone actually spamming Falco's F-Smash across the stage is what got me into competitive Melee.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Perhaps not, but if players who consider themselves to be competitive are losing to this kind of strategy and their view of themselves as being the better player is challenged, the likelihood is that they will go away and practice in an attempt to prove to themselves that they are better. This is a good thing, because perhaps the next time they come back they will have improved and you can give them some advice.
I've always thought accepting how bad you are is the first step to improving.

But I guess not everyone thinks like this?

"How To Effectively Troll Noobs and Make Most of Them Unwilling to Play This Game. A Thread by KirbyKaze." :)

That's what this seems to be turning into, anyways.
not entirely, imo.

If you are capable of beating noobs just by playing as fast as you can, they won't know what's going on (other than that you're way better than them at pressing buttons). It seems like this would be more discouraging than anything.

If you play a more transparent style such as using dashdancing/spacing/shielding intelligently and shut down their repetoire with tactics that at least look like you're playing the same game as them, it sort of points out why what they are doing is bad and presents them with an immediate problem to solve. And perhaps motivation to ask for advice on what they could do instead.

At least that's how I imagine it...

I'm extremely bad at beating people with mono button-pressing, so this is how I play vs all newbs naturally

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I like playing one handed Marth and just space f-smash really well. I can recover and stuff with him too. It's awesome. I'd even beat people who can wd and stuff.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Winston: Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm pretty bad at thrashing noobs, so I try to treat them like just another player, to a degree, and do things properly. My comment was referring to the responses people were posting, more so than the OP.

kevo

Smash Journeyman
When I play noobs I pull out my Icies and practice Wobbling.

I wonder why noobs don't like playing with me...

Top Bottom