• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

Studstill

Smash Ace
All the weird facts I know are related to speed running

-In metal cavern when you kirbycide metal mario dies before kirby for some reason
Imo:
You can`t be killed inside Kirby, and he can`t die with something inside. So whenever a full Kirby strikes a death wall, the first thing that happens is the character pops out/Kirby pops the character out. Then Metal just falls faster; he`s obvs way heavier than Kirby.

Also one time when I was on acid I could swear that when the camera zooms in the characters scale up at a slightly higher rate than the stage can anyone confirm//deny?
I can confirm that doing acid is not recommended to improve Smash insights, but it`s always worked for me.
-HST

Studstill

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FURMlI76o&t=5m12s

this moment prompted me to test how samus' neutral B works against itself

so, in the charge shot, there are 8 levels of POWER. you increase a level each 20 frames of charging

cool thing: go to training mode, zoom in, put 1/4 speed and start charging. inside the charging beam you can see a space coin spinning counterclockwise and lapping each 20 frames

when two shots collide, 3 things can happen: http://i.imgur.com/5lsF6LP.png

1. one shot eats the other one and keeps going (win)
2. both shots clash and disappear (clash)
3. both shots just go through each other and keep going ( - )​
Nice work, mixa.
I`t appears to me in that clip that they shoot imperceptily off, maybe a frame, and the centerline of the shots is off. Just saying; I assume for the tests both dudes were one the ground?

Studstill

Smash Ace
It was a brief window, apparently I just mumbled, then excitedly yelled: "My Kirby flows like liquid. You all are ****ed."
It was the first thing I had said in an hour or so of game. Oh right, yeah, you guys with your 4 stocks. Whenever we got real messed up, we`d just put one of TVs on FFA 99 stocks and that was where you went when you could no longer, um, be 'competitive', i.e. not wander aimlessly around the screen jab grabbing the air. Acid causes DS IRL, lmao.

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I did all of my PB speed runs while tripping. It was a weird time in my life. I think just because I've played this game for so long it's like second nature, but the main benefit was that I could just intensely concentrate 110% on the game for 8 hours at a time without getting bored or frustrated. Although one time at one of my old apartments me and my roommate tried for what felt like an hour to simply hook up their wii and turn the TV on and play mario kart and it was so confusing we had to just give up.

Sorry I turned this into the smashin' on acid thread. Don't do drugs, kids.

Imo:
You can`t be killed inside Kirby, and he can`t die with something inside. So whenever a full Kirby strikes a death wall, the first thing that happens is the character pops out/Kirby pops the character out. Then Metal just falls faster; he`s obvs way heavier than Kirby.
Doesn't DK fall faster than Kirby though? If you Kirbycide on Congo Jungle with giant DK you have to spit him out or you die first.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Hrmmm I`m like, not going to look any of this up and just keep guessing, lol, so:
That`s something janky with Giant DK, because the ratios of size to center point are so larger than the normal sized characters, so probably some weird non-dynamic (i.e. doesn`t care if it`s giant DK or fox) function happens when Kirby hits a death wall with someone inside, admittedly a unique situation. Not sure. Has mixa theorized/tested anything like this?
Don`t do drugs kids. Athens we need to have a beer or eight at Apex for sure.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Nice work, mixa.
I`t appears to me in that clip that they shoot imperceptily off, maybe a frame, and the centerline of the shots is off. Just saying; I assume for the tests both dudes were one the ground?
Yes, the test was done on the ground.

Haven't tested anything about Giant DK.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
IMO: Ness has the best spike in the game.
Best spikes from what I've gathered are Ness, Samus, and Falcon.

Frame data:
Ness: 3 frame startup, 17 frame hitbox, 9 frame end lag ------------- total: 29 frames
Samus: 3 frame startup, 9 frame hitbox, 27 frame end lag ---------- total: 39 frames
Falcon: 6 frame startup, 18 frame hitbox, 15 frame end lag --------- total: 39 frames

I couldn't find the damage data and I can't test it until I get home.

Hitboxes for Ness, Samus, and Falcon respectively:

Last edited:

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
Best spikes from what I've gathered are Ness, Samus, and Falcon.

Frame data:
Ness: 3 frame startup, 17 frame hitbox, 9 frame end lag
Samus: 3 frame startup, 9 frame hitbox, 27 frame end lag
Falcon: 6 frame startup, 18 frame hitbox, 15 frame end lag

I couldn't find the damage data and I can't test it until I get home.

Hitboxes for Ness, Samus, and Falcon respectively:
Thanks, this is awesome. Yeah Ness's hitbox is so good, someone can be on the side of you and get spiked. And it has such high priority

BananaBolts

Thanks, this is awesome. Yeah Ness's hitbox is so good, someone can be on the side of you and get spiked. And it has such high priority
Newcomers are welcome. Just ask anyone here for help and remember to check the Smash Index for additional information :)

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
When hit with an attack immediately after grabbing a heart, you will experience knockback corresponding to your % at the moment of impact.

BananaBolts

When hit with an attack immediately after grabbing a heart, you will experience knockback corresponding to your % at the moment of impact.
I knew that one for sure. I would often kill my friend because he would grab a heart and rush me because he thought that his percent was zero even though it was still subtracting the percent.

Z-Rex

Smash Cadet
I knew that one for sure. I would often kill my friend because he would grab a heart and rush me because he thought that his percent was zero even though it was still subtracting the percent.
I picture you making the same face as your avatar as he stars lol

I found this out last night when a friend's Falcon heart-charged a hammer. @~180%, grabbed the <3, dashed and got hit at ~140%

BananaBolts

I am not sure if you receive knockback corresponding to the % you were at before the heart takes you to zero or if you receive knockback equal to the % at the time of the hit.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
I thought this was so obvious not to be worth mentioning until I blew some peoples minds at S@X the other night but...

Some characters (e.g. Kirby, DK, Mario) have 5 colors because of team mode. Falcon has 6.

BananaBolts

I thought this was so obvious not to be worth mentioning until I blew some peoples minds at S@X the other night but...

Some characters (e.g. Kirby, DK, Mario) have 5 colors because of team mode. Falcon has 6.
I already knew this and I'm sure many do but I could be wrong. As a falcon main, I like blue falcon the most :)

BananaBolts

Bump. 'cause new players are showing up so this could get interesting

If you want to reset your control stick's center of axis, input: L+R+Start

Fun Fact: Remember those annoying piranha plants in Mushroom Kingdom? Begin jumping above a warp pipe to bait the plant into coming out to attack. Use a move to cover your character's hurtbox (a move such as nair should suffice, note: you should not knock the plant out of its pipe) and then land on the pipe and instantly shield. At this point, you should occupy the same space as the plant. Then all that's left is to shield drop into the warp pipe. The plant's sprite disappears instead of receding back into the pipe per usual.

That fun fact is virtually useless but it's still a fact that most of you wouldn't know. I was hoping that it would result in a glitch when I first attempted it but it didn't. It is worthy to note that I've only attempted it with Falcon.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if you hit a plant first, you don't get damaged by it if you walk over it. it has become your ally and you will conquer mushroom kingdom together

BananaBolts

What exactly is the fact? Knocking plants out of the pipe is known, is this something different where some funky animation happens?
Instead of the piranha plant getting knocked out of the pipe, the sprite disappears when you enter the pipe. It's a useless fact. My original intentions were in hopes of finding a neat glitch but I got nothing more than a disappearing plant.

Shears

Smash Master
Interesting fact that you may not know.

Kirby can taunt cancel. Teflon Ron revealed it to us at Xanadu. If kirby
has absorbed a power he not only has the strength of his enemy but possesses the elusive ancient power of taunt canceling. Kirby is now officially broken, ban kirby.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
You can "drop" Hearts and Maxim Tomatoes when getting hit, too. It's clearly a bug, which explains why it never happens in newer installments.

Speaking of dropping items, does anyone know the logic involved in determining that? Sometimes I pick up an item and it drops on the first hit, and other times I keep it in my hand and take multiple hits before it goes away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom